PVP Open World Survival: Next Gen Battle Royale

53 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Forums are a place for discussion, if you dislike that then you're probably looking for an echo chamber... like reddit.

There is a distinct difference between a civil discussion and going to one step below a death threat m8! if u can't see the difference guess u r just part of the problem. always try and see the point of what people say and put urself in their shoes before u start typing. that is how people start talking about sth without giving it proper thinking. 

I dont think your idea is bad at all. In fact the bones of the game play style youre recommending existed in dark sector missions. The problem is DE is incapable of maintaining any old content. Conclave is a great example. I dont think a pvp element is inherently bad. I played Conclave until they made it impossible to earn points in a preset group. Why play pvp if you cant play with your friends?

On 2020-10-30 at 3:28 AM, Sevek7 said:

Yeah, I'll be the first to agree that DE made some serious mistakes with solar rails! Mistakes like allowing 100% tax? I don't understand how any developer in their right mind could think that's a good idea. In fact, there's a small part of me that thinks they did this on purpose. They knew that balancing their game was difficult if they chose the "grind" style game, with constant new content and items. If I were a developer, and I wanted to make players do a lot of grind for constant new items, the first thing I would do is sabotage the PvP mode. The reason I would do this is because the PvE mode does not really require any balancing at all, as long as I keep providing more grind. 

Of course, I cannot be sure exactly what DE's plan was, but I can recognize the signs. Remove all balance, introduce time limited events and rewards for maximum FOMO exploitation, increase RNG, add layers upon layers on top of that RNG, etc...

PvP has always been the antidote to these problems. Because, PvP is the content that never ends. Any PvE content gets boring sooner or later, because AI opponents just aren't that interesting! So, many games use PvP to fight against "content drought." DE tried that, realized that the PvP was too much work, sabotaged it, and then said "oh what an interesting coincidence, our playerbase just happens to not like PvP! I guess we will just never work on PvP ever again!"

I don't know if this is the actual thought process that the developers had. I would guess that it happened much slower, with more nuance, and several extra steps in between, but that the general progression is correct. They were looking for an excuse to not work hard on balance, so they created the excuse for themselves. I don't blame them, they're a business! Businesses will go where they find the easiest money! It was easier to make grindy PvE with paid cosmetics and paid "skip the grind" than it was to make a properly balanced game. To be honest, I bet several of the developers dislike that the game went in this direction, but they recognize that it was necessary for the business, so they have to do it anyway. 

But that doesn't mean that they cannot still make a successful PvP mode. You are correct that they sabotaged their first attempt to make the correct business decision, but there is still hope for the future!

You are 100% Correct DE sabotaged pvp. Why eliminate earning standing while matchmaking with friends? They wanted pvp dead. Explains why they ignore game breaking exploits in pvp.

On 2020-11-18 at 2:42 AM, bad4youLT said:

Then I come back from work and tired I want to relax and ease up , thats is something I cannot do then someone decides to yell at mic or said he had some fun with my parrents if you catch my meaning .

I have thinck skin , I been army , this however doesnt excuse competative games community behavior .

ah ok yeah those type of players r $&*^s and yeah i hate that too, but well u know just dont pay attention to them, lowlife immoral gamers.

On 2020-11-21 at 2:18 PM, Xikto said:

There is a distinct difference between a civil discussion and going to one step below a death threat m8! if u can't see the difference guess u r just part of the problem. always try and see the point of what people say and put urself in their shoes before u start typing. that is how people start talking about sth without giving it proper thinking. 

i dont see any death threats here tho, all i see from what u mentioned was people trying to prove u wrong which is all fine and good in a discussion isnt it? id ont know where u pulled out the death threat reference from

• Like 1
3 hours ago, (PSN)TastyJelloGolem said:

You are 100% Correct DE sabotaged pvp. Why eliminate earning standing while matchmaking with friends? They wanted pvp dead. Explains why they ignore game breaking exploits in pvp.

Earning standings with freinds is another topic to be discussed which i shall do now. In some other games, your "standing" or "rank" with a pre-made team is different from when u are queueing solo because obviously having a pre-made team gives u an advantage, expecially against a team of random. So it wouldn't be fair to rank solo players and pre-made team players on the same platform. You get what i'm trying to say? Of course there are system to get around this but i guess DE was too lazy to do any of that.