Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden FPS Drops

A_Silent_Voice

Question

Hello fellow Tenno,

about two days ago I had a sudden change in my game, whenever I´m doing something like checking the foundry or going to the arsenal etc. my frames drop to 1 for a sec or two

also when I load in a mission it takes notable longer than before I also noticed than inside the mission I lose frames aswell my games was always running at 60 FPS but now im running at 30-40

and it's lagging from time to time. I have tried verifying the game files if there was something wrong but afterwards still no changes, even after decreasing the graphics to low same problem, 

I'm pretty much out of answers I dont have a bad PC, and my Internet is good aswell so I don't know what could've caused such a problem 3 Days ago everything was fine, and now I cant enjoy the game as I used to...

If you want to know I run:

i7-6700 3.40GHz 

GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM

So if anyone knows a solution to this problem please tell me!

Sincerely,

A fellow Tenno

12 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, A_Silent_Voice said:

Hello fellow Tenno,

about two days ago I had a sudden change in my game, whenever I´m doing something like checking the foundry or going to the arsenal etc. my frames drop to 1 for a sec or two

also when I load in a mission it takes notable longer than before I also noticed than inside the mission I lose frames aswell my games was always running at 60 FPS but now im running at 30-40

and it's lagging from time to time. I have tried verifying the game files if there was something wrong but afterwards still no changes, even after decreasing the graphics to low same problem, 

I'm pretty much out of answers I dont have a bad PC, and my Internet is good aswell so I don't know what could've caused such a problem 3 Days ago everything was fine, and now I cant enjoy the game as I used to...

If you want to know I run:

i7-6700 3.40GHz 

GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM

So if anyone knows a solution to this problem please tell me!

Sincerely,

A fellow Tenno

Happened for me too, i couldn't play at all because it dropped to 1 FPS every 2 or 3 minutes, for about 2 seconds. Whole game froze.

Solution: Reset all your settings from the 'Default' button, and reconfigure :) It worked for me.

I'm in the same situation, I don't know what else to do, I tried everything, I uninstalled it four times and nothing changed.

I can't even open the foundry without dropping to 1 fps. I contacted support but nothing changed, the things that machine told me to do i had just done them before.

Three days ago i had 120-140 fps, now barely 70.

So I tried resetting the Options and reconfigurating them again, but that didnt really help the problem, so I looked for that Nvidia control panel but didnt find it on my system, so I insrtalled it for my graphics card now but I dont really know much about that is it the same as GeForce Experience??

On 2020-10-30 at 7:46 PM, (PS4)Jun10rBr_ said:

I had the same problem last week, had to reset my settings.

not only overwolf can cause such drops, any overlaying 3rd party software can do this (yes, even the malicious kind of 'software') - but you play on PS4, so that isn't likely to be the reason... i don't even know if you can access the config files for warframe on the console without some firmware hack on the device, so resetting  sure is you'r only option here (ofc, if it happened after you changed some settings, it's obvious that reversing that would help too).

beside that, even a console can have problems with overheating upon which the gpu and cpu will react with reducing the power through it (or shut down complete if it's getting too hot) and thus showing in a game as 'fps-drop' too... so if nothing else helps on the sofware side of things and you know your way around the hardware of computers, opern up the box and clean it out - especially every fan and cooler. a vacuum (no pun here ^^) cleaner can do the job but if you have an air-compressor, that's even better remove the dust - just make this outside or it can get messy... i often see computer hardware of smoking people that is badly 'encased' in dust sticking heavily on the whole cooling system and thus reducing the cooling efficiency - those are not fun to clean, but it's still possible (better though: stop smoking in the same room as any electronical device that has active cooling (even passive ones can get sticky though). but even non-smoker get a lot of dust over the time on the cooler and the fans, so regulary cleaning of the machines should be mandatory.

I had that some patches ago when a warframe update and an nVidia drive update came together and messed up my game performance brutally. I "fixed" that by deleting all caches and settings, warframe and my drivers ( those multiple times ). No idea what exactly caused or fixed it.

Archived