Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split Flight - Still cant be equipped on the Attica.

BiancaRoughfin

8 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Originally, the mod card said: "Excludes Crossbows". Now it says "Excludes AOE Bows", but both are in effect.

.... But it works on Mutalist Cernos.

It's not even that amazing of a mod unless you're camping in a corning spamming your bow. They should just lift the restriction to be honest or just exclude it from Kuva Bramma.

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's not even that amazing of a mod unless you're camping in a corning spamming your bow. They should just lift the restriction to be honest or just exclude it from Kuva Bramma.

I'm not saying DE follows their own rules. Heck, it can't be put on Artemis Bow, despite the fact that it is neither an AoE bow (by default) nor a crossbow.

Also, it's pretty good on the Cernos Prime, since Split Flight's multishot is multiplicative with base multishot, so you get a whole cloud of arrows.

Also, GAZ found a bug that makes it insane on any bow it can be equipped on, but that will likely be patched in the next update.

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

The amazing thing is remembering the MutaCernos exists

Though there is a logic. The MutaCernos arrows by themselves aren't explosive. They deal damage, and summon a second projectile to their position, and that projectile deals the AoE damage

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I'm not saying DE follows their own rules. Heck, it can't be put on Artemis Bow, despite the fact that it is neither an AoE bow (by default) nor a crossbow.

I have to wonder if it's that "by default" part. Like, if DE were too lazy to code Concentrate Arrow and Split Flight to be mutually exclusive, so they just banned Split entirely

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Id be fine with Crossbows sharing the same mods as Bows honestly: they still don't have the capacity and sustained DPS of assault rifles, but they can work as a hard hitting automatic weapons for clearing trash, so I don't think they'd be overpowered at all.

I'd love to try it with the Nagantaka alt-fire.  

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

But the Mutalist Cernos isnt an Explosive Bow. When its primary attack hits a target it sends two alternative projectiles that cause a DoT cloud.

Mutalist Cernos is an AoE bow. Any claim otherwise is just using technicality over practicality. The entire point of the weapon is the AoE, Split Flights is restricted by AoE, yet it still works on Mutalist Cernos. This inconsistency proves that Split Flights would be fine on all bow/crossbow weapons (besides maybe Kuva Bramma). Fixing this inconsistency in the reverse ideology would just kick Mutalist Cernos back into useless territory.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

Mutalist Cernos is an AoE bow. Any claim otherwise is just using technicality over practicality. The entire point of the weapon is the AoE, Split Flights is restricted by AoE, yet it still works on Mutalist Cernos. This inconsistency proves that Split Flights would be fine on all bow/crossbow weapons (besides maybe Kuva Bramma). Fixing this inconsistency in the reverse ideology would just kick Mutalist Cernos back into useless territory.

The Mutalist Cernos is an Infestation bInfested DECernos Cernos, possessing a lower critical chance in exchange for a significant increase in status chance. The bow also releases Toxin b Toxin spores that follow arrow impacts, producing lingering damage clouds.

Its not primarily an AoE Bow, as i mentioned it fires a pair of secondary projectile that cause an AoE cloud, different of the Lenz which spawns an explosive globe that collapses after a few seconds dealing a large AoE damage and the Bramma that explodes instantly on impact and releases clusters.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

This inconsistency proves that Split Flights would be fine on all bow/crossbow weapons (besides maybe Kuva Bramma).

I agree that saying the M.Cernos isn't an AoE bow is at least mildly absurd.  But the inconsistency proves nothing about how appropriate Split Flights would be on other weapons.

Archived