Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about the grendel missions please?

PollexMessier

I'm not saying they're too hard as they are. The issue is they're too hard solo and it is impossible to get a team for them. All I want is public matchmaking for them. I'v failed survival 3 times at the 1 minute left mark because the life support cycles back to it's first position on the other end of the map and I can't get there on time, and not enough enemies spawn to upkeep life support with drops by yourself. If you're really good, and i mean, really good at the game. you dont even need your teamates to do anything at all, the increase in enemy spawns alone would be sufficient enough to be pass. but as it stands the survival is down to pure luck on drops, enemy spawns, and life support placement to do on your own, and if you dont have friends that play and are willing to help you, you're at the mercy of the once in a blue moon chance you can get a team through recruiting to get anyone to do this with you.

I somewhat understand what you guys were going for when locking matchmaking on these missions. But as there's only 1 reward, and it's guaranteed, these missions have no long term traffic viability whatsoever, so making them nearly required to be played with a team is a massive kick in the balls to everyone that missed the initial wave of people actually playing the damn thing. it seriously needs public matchmaking enabled on it.

ALSO the most viable frame to solo these missions with, Mirage, has had a bug where casting her 1 completely breaks her, which makes her entirely unusable in them for months, serving to further exacerbate this issue.

... hmm why would Mirage be the most viable frame on solo survival Grendel node ?

no need to really answer that , I disagree already...

if you are still struggling to solo this then please consider taking a Saryn and a magnetic kuva nukor with a steroid melee (pennance, lesion and the like) . open all crates and lockers ,

if you have energy problems you could Protea your Saryn on the mold slot first.

But this is doable solo and ... dont hope for DE to change something, you just wasting your time - we are long past this point sadly.

5 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

ALSO the most viable frame to solo these missions with, Mirage

The only time in the last 3 years since the great Simulor nerf I've thought "Let me use Mirage!" was Scarlet Spear to kill them big sentients at level 200. 

I thought Wisp...Limbo...Saryn...Octavia...Helminth...Clan...Take another stab at it? We're rooting for you! 

16 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

This is why you need to cross reference everything you see in a YouTube video. Mirage isn’t top tier for anything.

if you have a strat that works better for you, okay fine, but she's the only frame I was ever able to solo the defense and survival with prior to her being broken, and anything about her viability dosn't change the fact that she is still broken and needs to be fixed.

Every other frame I've tried I just simply can't get out enough damage fast enough with any weapon I can think of to get to work, or have some major downside on their abilities that makes them borderline unuseable.

14 hours ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

I thought Wisp...Limbo...Saryn...Octavia...Helminth...Clan...Take another stab at it? We're rooting for you! 

Saryn: lack of range gives her spores massive sustainability issues and makes her 4 borderline useless for the fact that it consumes all of your energy.
Limbo: duration and energy. yes he can regen energy but keep in mind you actually have to be able to kill things, a lot of things, quickly, and can't just sit in rift for an eternity waiting to be able to cast something that'll last a fraction of the time it took you to get the energy to do it.
Octavia: also energy and duration, except she can't generate energy like limbo can so I would say she was a worse choice than him if her abilities weren't so op, but they just dont have enough up time to be helpfull
Wisp????????? I would prefer not to break my jump button trying to stay completely undetected so I dont get insta killed because an enemy looked at me too hard
Helmith.... I might actually have an idea there. maybe. But I'm sick of wasting hours of my time experimenting with S#&$ to try and get this one #*!%ing thing.

There are a number of scenarios that make clans not the end all solution to multiplayer issues in this game that so many players make it out to be. just because you're in a big active clan with players that are willing to help you with anything at the drop of a hat doesn't mean literally every other player in the game also is, or even wants to be. If I wanted to join a clan that was active and full of players helpful enough to help me with this, I would have just done that.

19 hours ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

if you are still struggling to solo this then please consider taking a Saryn and a magnetic kuva nukor with a steroid melee (pennance, lesion and the like) . open all crates and lockers ,

if you have energy problems you could Protea your Saryn on the mold slot first.

my attempts to use any kuva weapon appeared as tho it's elemental bonus was removed for these missions. Assuming it did actually work tho, grinding a magnetic kuva nukor specifically for just this one single thing in the game is way more trouble than it's worth.
I'm already looting everything I see in these missions. searching out more containers without any loot detection takes way too much time and doesn't have a high enough life support yield to be worth taking the time away from killing enemies to do.
Protea's ability unmoded barely produces enough energy to sustain just itself on Protea. I've tried it already. It is not a remotely helpful energy solution for these missions, especially with the duration nerf from helminth.

On 2020-10-26 at 11:08 AM, PollexMessier said:

if you have a strat that works better for you, okay fine, but she's the only frame I was ever able to solo the defense and survival with prior to her being broken, and anything about her viability dosn't change the fact that she is still broken and needs to be fixed.

Every other frame I've tried I just simply can't get out enough damage fast enough with any weapon I can think of to get to work, or have some major downside on their abilities that makes them borderline unuseable.

Saryn: lack of range gives her spores massive sustainability issues and makes her 4 borderline useless for the fact that it consumes all of your energy.
Limbo: duration and energy. yes he can regen energy but keep in mind you actually have to be able to kill things, a lot of things, quickly, and can't just sit in rift for an eternity waiting to be able to cast something that'll last a fraction of the time it took you to get the energy to do it.
Octavia: also energy and duration, except she can't generate energy like limbo can so I would say she was a worse choice than him if her abilities weren't so op, but they just dont have enough up time to be helpfull
Wisp????????? I would prefer not to break my jump button trying to stay completely undetected so I dont get insta killed because an enemy looked at me too hard
Helmith.... I might actually have an idea there. maybe. But I'm sick of wasting hours of my time experimenting with S#&$ to try and get this one #*!%ing thing.

There are a number of scenarios that make clans not the end all solution to multiplayer issues in this game that so many players make it out to be. just because you're in a big active clan with players that are willing to help you with anything at the drop of a hat doesn't mean literally every other player in the game also is, or even wants to be. If I wanted to join a clan that was active and full of players helpful enough to help me with this, I would have just done that.

my attempts to use any kuva weapon appeared as tho it's elemental bonus was removed for these missions. Assuming it did actually work tho, grinding a magnetic kuva nukor specifically for just this one single thing in the game is way more trouble than it's worth.
I'm already looting everything I see in these missions. searching out more containers without any loot detection takes way too much time and doesn't have a high enough life support yield to be worth taking the time away from killing enemies to do.
Protea's ability unmoded barely produces enough energy to sustain just itself on Protea. I've tried it already. It is not a remotely helpful energy solution for these missions, especially with the duration nerf from helminth.

Wow you’re genuinely awful at this game 

Archived