Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another 2C Thread On Event

Bakim0n0

Love the event; moving forward these are the weak-points I have seen so far:

Event feels constrictive in choosing rewards. As an individual player the only choice we get to make is the badge; the other rewards depend entirely on who wins and frankly, individual rewards should be based on how the player participates. I understand this choice was partly made out of a desire to keep players from feeling like others had access to a different gun and then get envious; but it disconnects the user from feeling like their choice matters; especially when one side has a very dominant lead.

Clan score is wrong. Running a faction should not give a negative point in the opposite faction leaderboard. It hurts clans, creates division and could potentially cause people to get kicked because they'd prefer to back a different side... not a positive thing.

Lopsided resource rewards; It's a mixed blessing... it's great to have such a large influx of control mods, but it would be nice to see a more even intake of rare mats; maybe even mutagen samples mixed in. This would also be better for those who have limited time and are really after specific resources; it might encourage them to run event missions rather than break for a mat not offered in the event so they can build x item.

Lopsided difficulty. Not sure if this is just a quirk of the RNG or what, but so far when fighting the grineer units have been significantly tougher than the equavalent Corpus ones; even the bulk of the "base" units are improved. On top of an early lead and a few superior reward offerings this trend promotes people to pick grineer (why make it harder than it needs to be?).

If I think of anything else I'll edit.

One thing I can think of is some special additions to the missions we play within the war in order to not make them too similar to a standard exterminate. Like:

You play with the Corpus? You got 2 (free and una-tantum) Shield Ospreys ready to be launched.

You play with the Grineer? You got 2 Rollers ready to launch.

And for both sides you should be able to *at least* order some units to follow you.

As the part where you say that Grineer are stronger... I must agree with that. Corpus need to at least have - let's say - one or two Hyenas on their side. And some Leechers.

Edited by Krotalon

Lopsided difficulty. Not sure if this is just a quirk of the RNG or what, but so far when fighting the grineer units have been significantly tougher than the equavalent Corpus ones; even the bulk of the "base" units are improved. On top of an early lead and a few superior reward offerings this trend promotes people to pick grineer (why make it harder than it needs to be?).

This is a big issue, not only for the event but in general Grineer are disproportionately stronger than the other faction. Compared to Corpus they have hitscan weapons, AoE weapons, an AP weapon, better armor and more heavy units; it's appalling.

In this event AoE weapons are the deal breaker, a couple naplams or scorchers will toast any crowd of corpus in mere seconds so players basically end up dealing with an unusually high number of heavy units without any corpus support. For us players in general AoE is dangerous, but the big problem is the hitscan, which makes our agility useless and smolders part of the fun too.

Also, I think we've learned today why Corpus don't have AoE weapons and it's because of is their stupid windows: with naplams around it's lockdown after lockdown in their half of the map -.-

Edited by CubedOobleck

it's not a problem of AOE, it's a problem of flamers and Napalms being horrendously OP even at level 30. And the game spawning teams of 5 napalms together ala Apolloduros Survival post-15-min.

I mean really, I've yet to see someone care if the enemy in front of him is a lancer, trooper, heavy gunner or whatever, but when you see flames... RUN YOU FOOL!!!!

As a single Napalm basically roflstomps at least two Techs plus buttloads of troopers and MOAs.

Seriously, Corpus should boost the ranks of Fusion MOAs and start sending Fusion Drones already deployed to compensate this.