Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lift in combos is annoying , please remove it

(PSN)Silver1593

Or... they could just fix the interaction with lifted enemies, especially when not all stances actually cause this most of the time, and it's not even consistent either. Some stances that never had this issue did when I used them in SP for junctions, and in there it bugs and pushes them through the ground.

Looks like a problem with the lift strength on that stance.

Other stances like blind justice has lift on its forward attack combo. However, the enemy does not fly into the air like that, rather, the head flips forward making the NEXT hit of the combo a headshot. The lift strength is low.

Here though, it looks like the lift strength is excessively high... :-/

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Stalking Fan stance has none in it's combos. Not really a fix but it's an option for Reaper Prime if you like the weapon. 

sure but it also doesn't have the double forced slash procs that reaping spiral has and is the main reason ppl use that stance. the lift has to be addressed imo

Just now, ReddyDisco said:

sure but it also doesn't have the double forced slash procs that reaping spiral has and is the main reason ppl use that stance. the lift has to be addressed imo

I realize it does not have the forced slash procs, that's why I said it's not a fix but an option. Tossing enemies all the way across the screen like that is not a common occurrence. Even if it was, if they had a decent combo built up and the enemy was primed for CO it would have bled out before it ever got across the screen. 

It would be nice if DE fixed it so rag dolled enemies were not tossed around so much, but in most situations it is irrelevant since they die so fast. 

IMO, a good fix could be to make lift only occur on heavy attacks (if the enemy survives the hit). that way those who want to slice and dice quickly can do so, but if you're worried about the enemy counterattacking, you can just do a heavy attack and buy yourself some time to get more hits in. also reduce the ragdolling so they don't go too far back or float above head height. that way they should always remain within reach of a melee weapon.

I don't know what are you doing, but when I lift enemies either with reaper prime or hate, the lifted range remains below the height of my frame, allowing me to keep hitting them.

Edit:
I mean, lifted effect behaves like this to me:

There are no enemies ragdolling away, so it might be an unintended interaction between some other stuff.

Lift itself is fine; look at the first hit in the rapier Vulpine Mask neutral block combo. The problem is ragdoll effects in stances throwing enemies, especially so against lifted targets; look at the second hit of that same Vulpine Mask combo. I use polearms a lot, and the Twirling Spire neutral/idle combo has a very strong first hit with bonus damage and forced slash, but the next two hits of the combo feel really bad to use due to the combination of lift and ragdoll, almost forcing me to only alternate the first hit of the idle combo with the block combo of Twirling Spire for good damage. I'm not sure if ragdoll should be removed entirely from combos or if its effects should simply be decreased against lifted targets, but as it is now, combos with attacks which ragdoll enemies are unusable in any situation other than throwing a nox into the wall at the other end of the room for lols.

17 minutes ago, S1mplyFresh said:

I think Lift is a great mechanic. It's a CC for melee users.

Perhaps enemies should not fly into outer space, and instead, just lift a few feet off the ground from where they are standing when they got hit.

It exactly does that to me.

Archived