Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blacklists for twitch chat

(NSW)Plain_Jane

They probably are just being proactive about potential problems with any word like that. Someone using the word trans in an innocuous sense like "I love that you made Ticker trans" is great but then you risk others saying things like "Trans people are all mentally ill."

However, trans really is an odd one to blacklist. Maybe they are just worried about arguments starting. I disagree with blacklisting it though.

But yea, you are better off not posting this, the same arguments can happen here and the mods will probably just delete the thread.

il y a 1 minute, (NSW)Plain_Jane a dit :

im still really new to the forums and the official twitch is linked to the game, and Ive heard the best place to actually reach the devs or a representative is here

Certainly not in general discussion !

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

They probably are just being proactive about potential problems with any word like that. Someone using the word trans in an innocuous sense like "I love that you made Ticker trans" is great but then you risk others saying things like "Trans people are all mentally ill."

However, trans really is an odd one to blacklist. Maybe they are just worried about arguments starting. I disagree with blacklisting it though.

But yea, you are better off not posting this, the same arguments can happen here and the mods will probably just delete the thread.

Fair, again I'm really new to all of this and Im honestly really anxious even posting, I didnt even think Id get a reply til tomorrow

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Plain_Jane said:

And where would it go? it seems to fit as general sounds like a catch all, and most other places look like "switch bugs" or stuff like that

This is the community subforum. Devs aren't really active here. For contacting them and getting your point across I'd suggest the general section of feedback.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

This is the community subforum. Devs aren't really active here. For contacting them and getting your point across I'd suggest the general section of feedback.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

thanks for informing me, again. pretty new to this, 90% of my posts are here now actually

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Anyone remember that time microsoft banned somebod6 for calling themselves gay in their own bio? 

Pepperidge farms remembers.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Plain_Jane said:

Thanks, hopefully if I get too stressed out, one of our alters will front, only one with anxiety is "fun"

I feel you, I get pretty bad anxiety, both generalized and social. It causes me to be paranoid and do things that are petty when I otherwise wouldn't. Anxiety sucks.

Be careful about revealing things like that though, this forum isn't any safer than most, as much as people talk about how great the community is. Though I have mentioned my mental illnesses a number of times with no issues. Well, mostly no issues.

Posting the question anywhere will get you the same result. DE does post on GD, and they do not respond on feedback because feedback section, the majority of them go completely unanswered by DE. Most posts by DE are just stream and patch or future update posts, they hardly respond to any threads, regardless of where they get posted.

Either way, you're not asking a question, but instead criticizing moderation policies, which isn't what the forums are for.

DE has an old fashioned way of censorship. They want to send a message that they are open to everyone, then they ban the word trans sending the message that something is wrong with it. Banning words sends the wrong message when it’s a positive or neural thing.  

Reminds me when we were told we could not say gay. The kids in school sure turned that into an insult fast. That sure did not work the way they wanted.

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

You were told not to say gay because you used it as an insult.

Thank you. Gay has been used as an insult by kids for probably longer than that poster has been alive. It was regularly used as an insult when I was a kid in the 80s.

It's like saying the F-slur was okay until people started censoring it and then it became an insult. lolno

3 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Either way, you're not asking a question, but instead criticizing moderation policies, which isn't what the forums are for.

It didn't look like criticism to me, but you are assuming the post is made in bad faith, and the reason the OP asked the question, clarified later on, does not imply that at all.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Are you sheltered? Why do you think it's banned? Are you sure you really can't figure it out?

It's a fair question and doesn't deserve hostility. Trans is not a negative thing, so on the face of it, it makes no sense for it to be blacklisted. However, it's more a matter of a "this is why we can't have nice things" than "this is inherently a bad word" obviously.

Archived