Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn' Blazing Pillage augment should be changed to be for haven, and NOT pillage

PhoenixElite

Since Hildryn's pillage is a helminth ability that can be put on other warframes, it should be changed to NOT be an augment for pillage, but instead, Haven.

Currently, the Blazing Pillage augment can be put on any warframe with pillage subsumed, however, this augment does absolutely, literally, nothing.

So yeah, change/reword it to be an augment for Haven, instead of pillage.

Purpose (why I'm asking for this change): It's simply so that pillage's augment won't show up in when you subsume pillage onto other warframes. The same can and should be said for all other augments for subsumable abilities that require another from the original warframe.

36 minutes ago, PhoenixElite said:

Since Hildryn's pillage is a helminth ability that can be put on other warframes, it should be changed to NOT be an augment for pillage, but instead, Haven.

Currently, the Blazing Pillage augment can be put on any warframe with pillage subsumed, however, this augment does absolutely, literally, nothing.

Well 1st off, its in the name, so that won't be happening.

Mainly though, theres 9 other Frames that don't even have Augments for their subsumable powers. So whats so special about Hildryn's case?

39 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Well 1st off, its in the name, so that won't be happening.

Mainly though, theres 9 other Frames that don't even have Augments for their subsumable powers. So whats so special about Hildryn's case?

It being in the name really doesn't mean much, plus, that's why I already said to change the name. Changing/tweaking a name for an augment isn't asking for much IMO.

And your second point is a non-argument. That has nothing to do with my post or what I'm bringing up or suggesting. Hildryn's blazing pillage augment might as well not even be an augment for shield pillage, because without her haven ability (which ISN'T a subsume ability), the augment does absolutely nothing but take up a mod slot and waste capacity

Sooo...

Should the same apply to Harrow's 1 augment? I mean, for consistency?

Especially when both of these augments function absolutely perfectly on the frames themselves...

I don't see this augment being non-functional on other frames as being a problem. I'm actually quite glad that Pillage is a strong enough ability on its own that its augment affects a different ability.

To me, this is no different than Molecular Fission, which doesn't affect Molecular Prime at all, it's just a combo with Nova's 1, because the ability is strong enough already that it doesn't need an augment.

Pillage is strong enough on any other warframe that it doesn't need the augment, only Hildryn herself needs the augment.

55 minutes ago, PhoenixElite said:

It being in the name really doesn't mean much, plus, that's why I already said to change the name. Changing/tweaking a name for an augment isn't asking for much IMO.

And your second point is a non-argument. That has nothing to do with my post or what I'm bringing up or suggesting. Hildryn's blazing pillage augment might as well not even be an augment for shield pillage, because without her haven ability (which ISN'T a subsume ability), the augment does absolutely nothing but take up a mod slot and waste capacity

Actually it wouldn't be a non-argument. It has everything to do with it. 9 + 1 = 10. So now theres just 10 frames that Augments dont affect. Hildryn's now just part of a group of 10 frames. I'm not really sure how else that could be made any more abundantly clear. 

Regardless, Augments aren't a necessity, they're an Augment. A change in the structure and/or use of something, usually equalling the previous iterations usefulness. Or lose something to gain another advantage.

So back to the question that was avoided. What makes Hildryn's case so special?

5 hours ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Actually it wouldn't be a non-argument. It has everything to do with it. 9 + 1 = 10. So now theres just 10 frames that Augments dont affect. Hildryn's now just part of a group of 10 frames. I'm not really sure how else that could be made any more abundantly clear. 

Regardless, Augments aren't a necessity, they're an Augment. A change in the structure and/or use of something, usually equalling the previous iterations usefulness. Or lose something to gain another advantage.

Hildryn's case isn't special, it's just the one that I noticed and decided to bring up. Anyone else is free to bring up augments for subsumed abilities that don't work/do anything on other warframes

i guess you could, though either way you'll have a strange situation that you have an Augment that requires using another Ability to do what the Augment says.
a small win in a way if it's done, but i'll live if nothing changes.

9 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Should the same apply to Harrow's 1 augment? I mean, for consistency?

To me, this is no different than Molecular Fission, which doesn't affect Molecular Prime at all

in theory yes, but in practice there isn't a better place to put it so i think that's just a stuck situation. no way to fix that.

Molecular Fission is right where it should be though, since you have to use Prime to get the effect, having the Augment be tied to the Ability you have to use to get the Effect makes sense.

8 hours ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

that Hildryn is apparently not as high as a kite as you are.

the Augment is unusable, is what makes the case special. your arguments against that are... well, contrived would be the nicest way to say that, though it really deserves a much less nice way of saying it.

It's almost like augments are designed for the parent warframe of that ability. No, Blazing Pillage shouldn't be changed in my opinion. Use Hildryn if you want it to work properly.

Helminth shouldn't be used in any way to justify ability or augment changes. This is just the same as asking for weapon changes because of a Riven Mod.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's almost like augments are designed for the parent warframe of that ability. No, Blazing Pillage shouldn't be changed in my opinion. Use Hildryn if you want it to work properly.

Helminth shouldn't be used in any way to justify ability or augment changes. This is just the same as asking for weapon changes because of a Riven Mod.

Dude, my guy.

I'm literally just asking for the mod's description to be changed to say that it's an augment for Haven instead of pillage.
A word change.

On 2020-10-26 at 10:27 PM, PhoenixElite said:

That doesn't solve anything, the augment still uses both abilities anyway. The active part is pillage, the augment also give you more shields from pillage on enemies affected by haven.

Yeah, other frames cant use the augment, so what.

Archived