Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to disable 2FA on PC

MusicBear

Question

18 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, MusicBear said:

Thats it really, I just get tired of checking my email everytime I guess, It would really help if someone could tell me!

2FA is a one time setup unless your PC or IP adress changes. You do not have to check your email every time you want to play.

• Like 7

I've played until mr7, Im not a hacker, also im playing on Nvidia, a gaming platform, And im on a chromebook. One of the worst laptops in the world and I constantly have to end my game to get a new verification code just to be met with another problem, I cant do two things at once :l

• Like 2

"- Trading is done within the Dojo at a Trading Post or in Maroo's Bazaar.
- You can invite non-members of your clan to your Dojo to trade.
- Not all items can be Traded. Set up shop in Maroo's Bazaar to see what you can offer and buy!
- You must have a Mastery Rank of 2 or higher and Two-Factor Authentication enabled in order to trade.
Note: We do not enforce trades for promises, clan membership, and other favors. Trade for items only. "

Trading Channel Introductory Message

There is a minimum Mastery requirement of Rank 2 in order to trade.

As of Update 25.0, players need to enable 2-Factor Authentication on the official Warframe site in order to gain access to trade. Follow these steps to enable 2FA:

1. Go to the Official Warframe website's Account Management page and log into your PC account if needed.
  2. Click on “USER INFORMATION” side tab if it is not active already.
  3. You should see there
    “Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and receive a free in-game cosmetic: Enable” - click on "Enable".
  4. A popup message will appear at the top of the webpage saying “PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR FINAL CONFIRMATION. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT AT SUPPORT.WARFRAME.COM FOR ASSISTANCE.”
  5. You should receive an email within an hour with a link to confirm. Click the link, and wait for the Official Warframe's website to open with a popup message at the top saying
    “TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION HAS BEEN ENABLED FOR YOUR ACCOUNT.”

The above is how to set it up, fairly sure you cannot turn it off, if you managed to do it you are at more risk from nefarious people and like I stated you will not be able to trade in the future.

What @baldy117 was talking about not calling you a hacker, they were just saying someone might be trying to access your account to try and change the email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baldy117 said:

highly doubt that ending your game gives you a veri code

That's the way cloud gaming works.    You don't get a consistent IP,  your game runs on whatever server is available. 

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

something is very wrong here. I never had to do anything after I first set it up.

The OP is playing on Nvidia Now,  that's the problem.    Assuming that he's using the free version of NVidia Now,  he can only play for an hour before being automatically logged out. 

• Like 3

I too play on GF Now, and recently have acquired Priority... yeah its annoying having to have to input the code every time.

On 2021-07-09 at 3:02 PM, GodLikeANoob said:

I also play using gf now (nvidia), and I have premium, even with that it’s annoying af, because it often has such a delay.

I think it depends on where you live that would cause the delay, that or running on wifi. I had recently switched to Ethernet which is of course more stable than wifi, might help you if location is not a problem for you.

On 2020-10-26 at 11:14 PM, MusicBear said:

I've played until mr7, Im not a hacker, also im playing on Nvidia, a gaming platform, And im on a chromebook. One of the worst laptops in the world and I constantly have to end my game to get a new verification code just to be met with another problem, I cant do two things at once :l

I also have this problem it's so annoying having to get a verification code everytime i play

Same problem here! Would be reeealy nice to have at least some separate app (like the one used by blizzard) to just tap "OK" on your mobile as second factor. Entering digits inside the game screen is just lame.

Especially, considering that one can not enter those digits using gamepad and virtual keyboard =(

UPD: Oh! This is beyond lame! If I attach keyboard and mouse to my nvidia shield - even in this case I'm unable to enter any text into the logon box. I have to start the game using the laptop and intercapt session from android device >< Every freaking time(

Edited by shoguevara

On 2020-10-27 at 7:07 AM, Slayer-. said:

Why would you want to get rid of it, it's an extra layer of security not to mention you WILL NOT be able to trade with other players in game.

they changed it now 

-you can only trade with players with mas. rank 2 or more have 2fa enabled on their account are NOT restricted from trading

can be found inside your team's dojo 

i still hope i can trade bc i enabled it

Edited by Revwr
added more info

2 hours ago, Revwr said:

they changed it now 

-you can only trade with players with mas. rank 2 or more have 2fa enabled on their account are NOT restricted from trading

can be found inside your team's dojo 

i still hope i can trade bc i enabled it

News to me, but oh well if players don't want 2FA it's their game account I guess, least it's not stopping trading now I guess.

Il y a 2 heures, Revwr a dit :

they changed it now 

I think you misread what you wrote yourself, nothing has changed since 2019.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028551411-Warframe-Two-Factor-Authentication-FAQ

https://www.warframe.com/2fa-faq

Citation

What are the benefits of having TennoGuard 2FA enabled?

In addition to increasing security around access to your PC account, TennoGuard 2FA is required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno in Warframe!

Soooo everyone is saying all this crap except for the answer, I literally cannot trade anything because of this f2a that I don't remember turning on during the console to pc merge in the 1st place, please answer the question thanks 🙏🏿 

8 минут назад, AbusiveBulletz сказал:

Soooo everyone is saying all this crap except for the answer, I literally cannot trade anything because of this f2a that I don't remember turning on during the console to pc merge in the 1st place, please answer the question thanks 🙏🏿 

You should contact the support. Links available above and below the forum page.