Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Liberate the camp" mission on Plain bugged and near impossible to complete

AVSManfred

Alright so not sure what exactly causes this bug, and noticed that it mainly occurs in locations around Ostwan Range, but for some reason when getting "camp capture" missions in this areas somehow there is always some enemies  that somehow spawn out of bounds(or not havign proper aggro to ruch towards me triggered) but are still considered by game as within area and lowering control level, and without any way of finding and killing them it usually leads to the faliure of mission, and by extent entire bounty, which is quite frustrating when trying to do Nightwave weekly based on completetion of bounties.

There are few other locations where this mission also causes problems, like Er-Phryah's Vigil where AI often tends to just chill in the cave instead of  goign out to the surface portion of the camp or the small camp at the small bay at the north of Great Toht Lake where enemies are spawning on the Eidolon remains in lake and due to no connection of them to the land, they just stay there and lower the level of control while being on position of not that easy access for players, or at least not fast access

Could i suggest removing this mission from the rotation till all the problems of this nature get resolved ?

I have also been having this issue,i mostly run the level 20-40 and 30-50 bounties for the lenses,i did not notice in which places this happened,but it happened more often during night time(i dont know if the vomvalysts contribute to reduce the control level or not),i have been running the level 40-60 bounty for the eidolon lens and this has happened only one or two times,so it occurs more in the 20-40 and 30-50 bounty,i will take note of in which area it happens next time and see if it matches with where it happened to you.This stage lasts for two and a half minutes,this seems too long,reducing the time to 90 seconds might be a nice idea,also the area over which we have to maintain control is very big,in the map it looks normal,but that is the PoE minimap which is (i think) scaled down,so if something is said to appear in front of you in the map,it is still 20-30m away when you actually look at it.Reducing the area will also give the enemies less places to hide and l spawn in a smaller zone,increasing the chances of them seeing and targeting you and not just being idle.

For the time being,i am running mesa on the plains because i dont know when this might happen,when i get this stage i make sure i have full energy before killing the last enemy and starting the 2 1/2 minute timer,i listen to where the ships are coming from and follow them and kill the enemies before or soon after they drop.when this bug starts to happen,i cant see any ships spawning or dropping enemies while the control level drops down,i just run around and activate my 4 in hope of mesa seeing and killing some enemies that i did not,sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt(i maintain my energy by keeping zenuriks energizing dash always active)

This bug is more than just annoying,it makes us fail the entire bounty,it may not be that significant when its the first stage,but when it is the 4th or 5th stage,it makes us lose the main drops for which we did the entire bounty for.If you cant find a fix,removing it from the rotations untill you do find a fix is also reasonable as suggested by @AVSManfred

5 hours ago, AsrarPrime said:

I have also been having this issue,i mostly run the level 20-40 and 30-50 bounties for the lenses,i did not notice in which places this happened,but it happened more often during night time(i dont know if the vomvalysts contribute to reduce the control level or not),i have been running the level 40-60 bounty for the eidolon lens and this has happened only one or two times,so it occurs more in the 20-40 and 30-50 bounty,i will take note of in which area it happens next time and see if it matches with where it happened to you.This stage lasts for two and a half minutes,this seems too long,reducing the time to 90 seconds might be a nice idea,also the area over which we have to maintain control is very big,in the map it looks normal,but that is the PoE minimap which is (i think) scaled down,so if something is said to appear in front of you in the map,it is still 20-30m away when you actually look at it.Reducing the area will also give the enemies less places to hide and l spawn in a smaller zone,increasing the chances of them seeing and targeting you and not just being idle.

For the time being,i am running mesa on the plains because i dont know when this might happen,when i get this stage i make sure i have full energy before killing the last enemy and starting the 2 1/2 minute timer,i listen to where the ships are coming from and follow them and kill the enemies before or soon after they drop.when this bug starts to happen,i cant see any ships spawning or dropping enemies while the control level drops down,i just run around and activate my 4 in hope of mesa seeing and killing some enemies that i did not,sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt(i maintain my energy by keeping zenuriks energizing dash always active)

This bug is more than just annoying,it makes us fail the entire bounty,it may not be that significant when its the first stage,but when it is the 4th or 5th stage,it makes us lose the main drops for which we did the entire bounty for.If you cant find a fix,removing it from the rotations untill you do find a fix is also reasonable as suggested by @AVSManfred

(you might want to change the title to liberate the camp bounty stage is bugged)

Like doubt vomvalysts have anything to do with it but... since we have similar mission type on Deimos (and actually had something like that on Cambion Drift too once or twice) maybe now it reads all types of hostiles not just Grineer

I remember having to solo stuff previously and camp liberation essentially always meant failure for me - the rates at which the enemy control levels grew were seemingly obscene and I'm not the best equipped player out there, so I thought it was just me.

Turns out at one point something made the dropships count as enemy presence, immediately making enemy control gain rates reach the maximum for as long as they stay in the area. Certainly, it's not a must to destroy the ships to win - many pubs I ran managed to spread out enough to find all the faraway reinforcements without destroying the ships, - but it makes soloing/going in without a full team with Mesa or something a lot more difficult.

I don't think the dropships counting as enemy presence is exactly fair or intended at all, but the chances of the devs coming back to fix it until some future Plains rework/update are seemingly slim.

6 hours ago, TheDarkness506 said:
On 2020-11-01 at 12:26 PM, quxier said:

It is doable, but gets pretty difficult. It's still pretty hard to cover a massive area alone, especially on complex terrain.

Given bounty level (~40) it's not that hard. Sure, compared to walk a Grandpa Drone to some place it's much harder. However I bet that's a global thing - bounties are not balanced.

On 2020-11-01 at 4:08 PM, TheDarkness506 said:

Turns out at one point something made the dropships count as enemy presence

I have done this stage a good amount of times,Each time i saw a dropship coming,i ran towards it used mesa`s 4 and killed the enemies on it before they could even land,if they land,the rate of decrease in control increases once they are killed,the rate at which the control dropped remained about the same,it isnt about the dropships presence,once it halts,it drops three to five enemies which if present for a long time increase the rate at which the control goes down

On 2020-11-01 at 4:56 PM, quxier said:

solo Mesa is enough

This is the only solution i have found,but mesa should not be below 100% range or else her 4 wont shoot enemies as they are out of range,with my mesa build,i can do all tiers of bounties(except steel path) and even get the bonus reward every time,this is the only stage that i fail sometimes,In the higher tier bounties with 4 or 5 stages,this stage is given to me almost everytime,so if the bug occurs consistently for someone trying to do high level bounties it will just prevent them from completing the bounty

Using mods such as enemy sense,animal instinct,etc may help as they show the enemy positions on the minimap,but as the area is quite large,it will show them when they are near you

However,using certain mods,frames or weapons to overcome bugs should not be a thing as some people may prefer other things,this bug just forces me to use mesa whenever i want to do bounties in the plains,While i would like to experiment with other frames i also dont want to waste my time sitting around waiting for enemies wasting my time and resources that could have been mine

10 hours ago, AsrarPrime said:

Using mods such as enemy sense,animal instinct,etc may help as they show the enemy positions on the minimap,but as the area is quite large,it will show them when they are near you

But have you tried equipping all mods that shows enemies? I've  once went with Ivara or Loki + Carrier and I forgot that I equipped mods on both things (frame & sentinel). Enemies were seen from "large" distance.

• 4 weeks later...

Still incredibly bugged when doing it solo. Nothing will spawn at times, and the timer goes down way to fast. It's like the timer has a dozen holes in it, draining faster than you can imagine.

I've only managed to luck out and complete it once in around 10 attempts, even then I barely passed it.

I am also a solo player (Wukong main) and have noticed how these missions can be a crapshoot.  However, lately I have found a trick to slightly increase my chances.

Simply put, I do not attack any enemies until Control Level is under 80%.  Now I haven't figured out exactly how the algorithm works, but since Control is capped at 100% and you gain +10% for each enemy killed, you will waste any Control gain if you kill enemies at 91% or higher.  With my Twin and Sentinel all attacking at the same time, 80% seems like a comfortable point of balance.

I do not know if this is what DE intended, but so far it seems to work for me.  Good luck guys!

Archived