Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption needs a little help to be enjoyable

AltairFerenc

I try to love this mission type so hard but it feels like the game want the opposite.

Recently I started to do the steel path again and for my pleasure the kuva fortess has a disruption for some reason. 
The concept of the mission is very good but there's 2 problems.

Both the regular starcharts and the steel path are dead so you can't look multiple ways at once.
You supposed to hear the beeping but in reality you just don't.  There's a horde of enemies shooting and screeming the music gets louder and louder, by the time little duck finishes talking you already run 2 rooms to search. Not even talking about when nora comes in and can't shut up and the glass fissure(regular fissure too) explosion sound is just too loud.
Sometimes the demolisher spawns too close too.

All I'm asking is to lower EVERY GOD DAMM SOUND when the demolisher spawns so there's a chance of finding it solo.

I don't even care about the random nullifying wave it realeses and the extra defenses(double on steel path yuppy...) becasue thats warframe's way of saying difficulty exist.

In my opinion disruption is one of the best game modes currently available. 

Firstly, you claim the missions are dead, either you play at weird times or people do not see the effectiveness of disruption missions. Being able to get a relic every 2ish minutes is the best pace in the game. Most other missions are 5 minutes per relic.

Secondly the sound concerns. The beeps are muffled by doors, so without exploration you are making them harder to hear. These beeps are a great addition, but should not be the only way you can detect them. Enemy radar is your best friend in disruption. If you run the missions long enough, you start to learn to identify the demolysts between all the other enemies on the minimap. Two ways this can be done: 1. Their AI is slightly different, as they are running towards the objective and not searching for tenno. 2. Their icon sometimes shows them as unalerted while they are running toward the objective.

Searching for the demolyst is one of the most fun parts of the mission, you have to risk going into one room while neglecting another. Or you can choose to stay at the conduit, but lower the distance at which you can find them.

If you are having trouble completing the mission, an easy cheese strategy is magus lockdown, but if you prefer not to cheese a high status weapon modded for cold is another great choice.

You might want to adjust your audio settings, but I run everything at the same level and still find them to stand out enough.

5 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Firstly, you claim the missions are dead, either you play at weird times or people do not see the effectiveness of disruption missions.

Hes talking about steel path being empty, which it is. Ive been playing it trough. Ive done 8 planets so far, and only seen other players in 2 of them.

Steel paths a great idea nice challenge  but at this time is basically a complete and forget game mode. Because apart from personal challenges it offers nothing better than normal mode interms of rewards. 

As others have said love disruption fast paced play, good reward rate on relics. I always play as a clan squad group, so fun and easy, we spead out to hunt demolysts.. Bad points of disruption the music is to loud if you Don't turn it right down in settings sorry devs dramatic music when your hunting the beep is annoyance and the glassed enemies can be a pain. Hopefully the end of glass soon.

Agreed, on that planet where Alad speaks to you, man he just NEVER shuts up and even says something about "listen to its beep" and Im just thinking there "I WOULD IF YOU JUST KEPT YOUR MOUTH SHUT FOR 3 SECONDS" :D

Found it quite strange you have to listen to something but they add voice dialogue on top of it. 

And yesterday when we did some runs, the Demo spawned on top of the conduit on a bridge and just straight up jumped down and tried to blow up. I killed it only barely while it was winding up to explode. 

Dispite all of this, Disruption is one of my fav gamemodes and the most rewarding too since it gives you C reward endlessly after a while unlike most modes where it jumps back to A. 

• 7 months later...

I still think this is an issue. Despite Hint Transmissions being disabled, Little Duck just won't shut up. And in a mission type, where you have to LISTEN for an incoming enemy, this seems like a major oversight. Do I really have to change the volume settings every time I'm doing a Disruption mission?

Got here from a google search, not sure if this is the most fitting thread for such complaint.

Honestly, I don't, personally, have any issues hearing them, but I thinkl there could be a fix for ease of play.

Something I advise, if you're looking for actual advice, is taking a moment to pause and spin your camera in all directions, the sound will be loudest in the direction the demolyst's coming from. 

Am 2.6.2021 um 19:43 schrieb SheikaVoid:

Honestly, I don't, personally, have any issues hearing them, but I thinkl there could be a fix for ease of play.

Something I advise, if you're looking for actual advice, is taking a moment to pause and spin your camera in all directions, the sound will be loudest in the direction the demolyst's coming from. 

This is basically what I have to do and it's not a great solution. High speed camera spins are not exactly helping your orientation when you fly through a room at high speed. Pausing is exactly what the mission doesnt want you to do.

Archived