Jump to content

Heart of Deimos: Nezha Prime: 29.3.0 + 29.3.0.1


Recommended Posts

My suggestion continues to be able to type the name of a warframe into the Helminth search bar and the correct ability comes up. E.g. searching "Gara" and Spectrorage comes up as a result. As of right now it only works IF the warframes name is listed in the description of the ability, e.g. a total guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

david rose pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

It isn't like we didn't get 30 riven slots, more loadout slots, 3 free umbra forma and the ability to give small buffs to other players.

An increase of 33% to what I already have, and the umbrals are only great because there's no other place to get them outside of nightwave or the occasional alert. You know my statement was directed at two things: your response and the fact the emote etc are heavily criticized as a cheap offering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iPathos said:

An increase of 33% to what I already have, and the umbrals are only great because there's no other place to get them outside of nightwave or the occasional alert. You know my statement was directed at two things: your response and the fact the emote etc are heavily criticized as a cheap offering.

And my response was largely with regard to the person I had quoted being overly dramatic. It is fine to think you deserve more than what you got but the fact is you deserve nothing for getting to MR30. The expectation that -anything- is deserved comes from a misguided sense of entitlement. I am happy to have gotten anything at all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iPathos said:

You're welcome to have your opinion here, but I am not talking to you, nor inviting discussion on the matter. I am responding to the user with DEs reasons, not mine. Take your suggestions to the correct location. As a footnote, not everything you post needs to be a literal wall of text. That has at least a modicum of influence on people's lack of interest in reading it in its entirety.

 

You are wrong, in DE's words.

Now, let me point out the TL;DR in the response.  Maybe you missed it.

 

Let me end with the response that you are wrong.  It's not about opinions.  The above link spends multiple times my length explaining only one change.  I managed 4+ changes.  So....maybe get an attention span.  Also, stop assuming your intentions are truth in direct opposition to what is quotable from DE.  For clarification, the assumption about meta changes are blatantly incorrect, as they state that specifically that their changes are just about outcome of usage.

 

-edit-

It is unfair to ask for an attention span.  Allow me to clarify, as quite often it's pointed out that anything taking more than two sentences is too long.  It's not an invalid criticism, but often it hides issues by over simplifying things.  An attention span is required to investigate a thing, understand its origins and history, to synthesize an understanding, and to formulate why it exists.

To wit, there is a video explaining why the US has a functional two party system.  It takes more than 6 minutes to explain things, and is a decent watch should you want to:

 

Why does this matter?  A simple topic takes 6 minutes, and a decent attention span.  Rivens are not simple, and thus should take far longer.

The simplistic response is "wah, don't nerf my rivens."  The simple retort is "DE makes the balance, so stop whining."  The complex response is that rivens no longer balance weapons to homogenize power so everything is usable, they're a means to homogenize usage statistics.  Knowing this is really complicated, as DE has never admitted to this change, but if you read through all of their posts and understand the outcomes the goal is clear.  That takes a significant attention span....and most people don't have that.  What is experienced is reality, attention span be damned.

 

Consider this an unofficial declaration of apology for being inarticulate.  Consider it an apology for perceived insult.  Consider it frustration for having this same cudgel being used constantly when complex issues cannot be explained simply.

-edit end-

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

"here is a free dollar."

WHY DO YOU ONLY GIVE ME A FREE DOLLAR!!!?

Thanks Deal With It GIF by Britannia on EPIX

 

Let me offer an alternative.

It's more than 8 years after the game has released.  You've done 100% of the grindy content and either paid for this prime access, or paid to be a founder.  Either way you're looking at a minimum of 80 USD spent on this game, and realistically far more than that.  The entire time you've dealt with the foibles of this game, and paid DE to do functionally what we wanted, to unlock MR 30.  A thing they promised to be the peak of the game almost a decade ago.

 

For all of this you get a daily buff.  It's one of 6, three of which are stat boosters.  So, realistically there are 3 buffs.  Said buffs last for 3 hours only....so it's the same as a base login rewards.  It's then only at 25% strength, so you've effectively got a 45 minute full strength booster.

 

 

Don't you feel absolutely fine with this, because DE "gave" us this?  Fine.  It's great to settle for that.  It's like DE saying they'd give us a dollar after we spent several hundred hours of community service, and they eventually handed us a dime.  We then look at them, and wonder what the heck.  The response becomes that we as players are entitled.  Meanwhile they don't spend marketing money, because their "partners" advertise.  They ran out of creativity, so Tennogen became a thing.  Content has decreased year over year, and the things that release are somehow even buggier at launch than before.  That is if the promised content is even in game a year later....looking at you Railjack, ghoul saw, dual wield nikanas, zephyr deluxe, etc...  It only took what, 3 years and change to get the hydroid prime trailer....for a long vaulted prime.

 

Now....I'm up for listening to the counter point.  It's something that DE never had to do...but the counter is that if MR 30 wasn't special it'd be the end of any reason for people to want to grind it out.  Being real, MR 16 is where the unlocking of content ends.  17-29 offer increased void traces, additional loadouts, and decreasing gains to syndicate daily reputation limits.  That's it, and it is a problem for DE.  They therefore made MR 30 by offering all of this stuff, and it wasn't as advertised.  When you say there'd be a buff offered they didn't say a 3 hour limit and 25% strength.  If they did it would have deflated the enthusiasm.  That small modicum of honesty would have been appreciated, but was not offered.  That's the disappointment.  It's not about the buff being completely gimped, but that they were openly dishonest again.

 

 

 

So, let me say this as gently as possible.  What is the usage case for a MR 30 player wanting a 25% increase in health, shield, and damage for 3 hours?  It isn't significant enough to change the game, it's time locked, and it competes against credits, affinity, and resource drop chances.  MR 30 players almost uniformly have credits to spare, have to have affinity maxed to be MR 30, and given their experience likely already have plenty of resources.  This just seems like a selection of buffs that I will be forgetting about until new content comes out, I'll smack on the affinity booster so I only need 6 rounds of ESO, then promptly consider it too much effort until the next content patch.

Maybe it's asking too much to get something truly worth pursuing.  That said, I'm still waiting for DE to fix their crap on the Corpus Ship tileset, as stuff still spawns out of reach.  If that's the bar for quality, a 25% booster of any sort is a gift. 

 

 

By the way, let's review some lingual fun so we can laugh a little.

In Germany, I referred to Canadians as Canucks.  I promptly received looks of abject horror, and was asked to never say it again.  I later asked what the heck.  A German looked at me, and said that this was slang for an ethnic group that was equivalent as n***** was for black people in the US.  Yeah, didn't do that again until I got home and was able to laugh with a Canadian about them being the hat, and the US being the pants of North America (the joke being at Florida's expense....where my family lives).  Now, let me explain why I chose the word gift.  

There's a historical context where post WWII the US wanted to support a democratic Germany. They delivered supply crates, with the phrase "A gift from America."  What does the word "gift" translate to in German.  I'll wait...  That's right, "poison."  There's a reason I chose the word above.  It's something delivered in good will, but so poorly executed as to be perceived as the exact opposite.  That's the lingual fun I hope we can all laugh at.  Mostly, I hope those who got where I was going can laugh at us stupid Americans, because often understanding comes with learning to hate yourself, and overcoming these kinds of failures.  So far DE lacks that introspection.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-29 at 10:56 PM, master_of_destiny said:

 

You are wrong, in DE's words.

Now, let me point out the TL;DR in the response.  Maybe you missed it.

 

Let me end with the response that you are wrong.  It's not about opinions.  The above link spends multiple times my length explaining only one change.  I managed 4+ changes.  So....maybe get an attention span.  Also, stop assuming your intentions are truth in direct opposition to what is quotable from DE.  For clarification, the assumption about meta changes are blatantly incorrect, as they state that specifically that their changes are just about outcome of usage.

 

Understand that I was posting from a mobile device, on my break. What I meant to say is that it has the effect of moving the meta gradually, bit by bit. I do not assume my intentions are truth, I put forward my topical opinion - in saying that; I have seen several instances in which you've tangentially kept your posts on topic, but each pushes the boundaries in different ways. I did read through your post, my statement was a recommendation so you might actually have more people read them. Coming in to rebut with what is effectively an insult is not something I abide by, nor something I support.

On 2020-10-29 at 10:07 PM, Leqesai said:

And my response was largely with regard to the person I had quoted being overly dramatic. It is fine to think you deserve more than what you got but the fact is you deserve nothing for getting to MR30. The expectation that -anything- is deserved comes from a misguided sense of entitlement. I am happy to have gotten anything at all.

Unfortunately, the MR30 grind is an exceptional one. It takes lots of time, a fair amount of investment and at the current time nearly requires monetary investment to actually obtain. You may not feel like it deserves a reward, you are also a part of the minority there. There is no misguided sense of entitlement when you have to spend an extraordinarily long time even just waiting for said rank/reward to be implemented. Let alone actually becoming obtainable. I am happy it has the Riven Slots. I am happy it has Umbral Forma.

That doesn't fix the issue that Riven Slots are still capped, and Umbral Forma only comes from some very select, individual drops. Those are separate issues and build on why I am annoyed at the magnitude of the buffs for one, and the lackluster nature of the emote for two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Unfortunately, the MR30 grind is an exceptional one. It takes lots of time, a fair amount of investment and at the current time nearly requires monetary investment to actually obtain. You may not feel like it deserves a reward, you are also a part of the minority there. There is no misguided sense of entitlement when you have to spend an extraordinarily long time even just waiting for said rank/reward to be implemented. Let alone actually becoming obtainable. I am happy it has the Riven Slots. I am happy it has Umbral Forma.

That doesn't fix the issue that Riven Slots are still capped, and Umbral Forma only comes from some very select, individual drops. Those are separate issues and build on why I am annoyed at the magnitude of the buffs for one, and the lackluster nature of the emote for two.

agree to disagree hip hop GIF by WE tv

I respect your perspective but I do not agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Understand that I was posting from a mobile device, on my break. What I meant to say is that it has the effect of moving the meta gradually, bit by bit. I do not assume my intentions are truth, I put forward my topical opinion - in saying that; I have seen several instances in which you've tangentially kept your posts on topic, but each pushes the boundaries in different ways. I did read through your post, my statement was a recommendation so you might actually have more people read them. Coming in to rebut with what is effectively an insult is not something I abide by, nor something I support.

 

The phrase you are wrong is not an insult, but an observation of fact.  It is supported by quotation of the latest thread on riven changes, that was not simply a summary of what was being done.  It took a grand total of 3 minutes to search it on google, read through the post, and copy the URL to post into this message.  Apparently that's too much to ask.  Your opinion is not sharing fact, and it applies itself in a contradictory manner to the stated intentions and goals of the developers.

 

Why is that important?  Well, rivens have silently changed (the timeline I summarized).  DE has changed the goal posts, and it's necessary to understand it to frame their actions properly.  Why that matters is because it determines what you should do as a player.  Should you ever spend 1k platinum on a riven?  Should you sell that shiny new riven with garbage statistics because the weapon is new?  These are questions that must have a player answer, because there's a hard limit on riven capacity.  There's a hard grind on completely RNG statistics.  There then has to be an understanding on whether that thing is worth it....and "shifting the meta" gives no useful data.

 

Why then is it stupid to state they want to shift the meta?  Let's bullet point, so you don't complain.

1) "The Meta" in this game is a joke, as their are content islands abound.  The meta in star chart, steel path, conclave, etc...  Which meta?

2) Assigning intentions to DE is fine, unless they've stated their intentions...  It's almost like you can search the forums, and have their entire history of choices outlined.

3) The response to somebody that asks why they are nerfing things was to state it's meta.  OK, show me the data.  I'll be blunt here, it's impossible given DE doesn't share.

4) I speak too much.  Fair, it's almost like rivens are a complicated and moving target requiring more than a few weeks of history to outline.

 

 

Let me boil this down, I'm tired of people dismissing others with frustrations out of hand.  If you want to be angry, let's dig into your response.  The absolute sunshine and smiles response would have been to tell the other person that everyone else was finally seeing the potential in weapons, and that because DE balances based upon outcome usage their weapons were getting a slight nerf.  The less sunshine would have been that rebalancing is part of warframe, and that DE wants to make sure usage of weapons is homogenous.  The chosen tactic was to highlight their ignorance to it being a meta, and wrongly to highlight DE wants to shift a nebulous and undefined meta to some other point based upon...I can't honestly finish that statement without your opinion and conjecture.

Am I pushing the boundaries of good taste...at this point I've added all of this in paragraphs at the end intentionally.  Maybe you read, maybe not.  I intend to respond in kind to those who cannot do the barest minimum research, and to dispel some magical misconceptions.  I'm on my phone is not an answer, it's an admission that you cannot be bothered to give a good answer, but you can offer a quick opinion without any substance.  Is it fair to have issues with that?  Yeah.  It's impossible to hold DE to getting better if we cannot even hold them to what they say, and rivens are a symptom of this.  If they weren't, then we wouldn't have required all of the changes that have made them such a thorny subject.

 

 

Please note, it took one t*** on twitter (censored not for content, but implications of disdain) to say that conclave shouldn't be allowed to have universal tokens apply to it, for DE to make it impossible for it for everyone.  When you're dealing with that kind of subjective focus, anything like making up a meta can screw things up.  Read, the Xoris.  That's the issue, and why it's an issue keeping DE honest and reasonable.  It's why we're in a thread about the latest update, and still asking for fixes to content from years ago.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's about time to take a long break from Warframe. Tired of farming for days upon days to get the best gear only for it to be nerfed either slowly or suddenly over the following weeks/months. Not to mention the complete lack of substantial content over the past 2 years. I think the best update over that timeframe was Railjack, and even that was pretty 'meh' on release.

Watch Dogs Legion just came out recently, so at least there's that, and I heard Cyberpunk 2077 should also be pretty good.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Please note, it took one t*** on twitter (censored not for content, but implications of disdain) to say that conclave shouldn't be allowed to have universal tokens apply to it, for DE to make it impossible for it for everyone.  When you're dealing with that kind of subjective focus, anything like making up a meta can screw things up.  Read, the Xoris.  That's the issue, and why it's an issue keeping DE honest and reasonable.  It's why we're in a thread about the latest update, and still asking for fixes to content from years ago.

tbf, the one person saying it probably represented something like 125% of the conclave playerbase.

Other things that made no sense this year:
Self-damage was removed, which included a nerf to the Zakti, it didn't deal self-damage, but as noted: it definitely self-staggers now.
Objective Healing got buried, all because someone used Venari to heal Scarlet Spear, which was an "unexpected use" despite Venari's heal working on objectives being listed in the tips.
Limbo + Exodia Contagion no longer works as it once did (but it has apparently reared its head again in the form of that dumb glassmaker heavy blade lmao).
Garuda ate a nerf to her talons (which are functionally just a glorified melee weapon that cannot be unequipped).
Helminth System being released with abilities that DE felt compelled to nerf before it even launched, while leaving other abilities untouched.
Exodia Contagion ate a damage nerf, but DE didn't bother to mention that one.
and I'm sure I've missed a few along the way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Opyt said:

tbf, the one person saying it probably represented something like 125% of the conclave playerbase.

Other things that made no sense this year:
Self-damage was removed, which included a nerf to the Zakti, it didn't deal self-damage, but as noted: it definitely self-staggers now.
Objective Healing got buried, all because someone used Venari to heal Scarlet Spear, which was an "unexpected use" despite Venari's heal working on objectives being listed in the tips.
Limbo + Exodia Contagion no longer works as it once did (but it has apparently reared its head again in the form of that dumb glassmaker heavy blade lmao).
Garuda ate a nerf to her talons (which are functionally just a glorified melee weapon that cannot be unequipped).
Helminth System being released with abilities that DE felt compelled to nerf before it even launched, while leaving other abilities untouched.
Exodia Contagion ate a damage nerf, but DE didn't bother to mention that one.
and I'm sure I've missed a few along the way.

 

So... it took a small army of people constantly hammering the need for vacuum to get it to be for all sentinels, then more to un-nerf it.  

It has been literally years since the promise of the ghoul saw....and on stream they joked about needing underpants first.  Almost like they can't just say it's dead, but don't have the fortitude to admit it's not going to happen any time soon.

Is Railjack dead?  Well, if you go to an outside interview they stated that its development has been placed on hold...and we've never gotten official confirmation.  That was a third party interview.

 

Where I'm going with this is that the PR team at DE deserve a freaking medal.  Collectively they have to address this crap, and it boggles the mind that they don't burn out about 10 minutes into a stream where there's about a thousand people asking about progress on promised features, and their staff treats these promises as a joke.  If I were in that position I'd ask to have some of these people wheeled out of the room, and have the last ten minutes of every stream dedicated to clarification.  Clarifications like the suggested content is in pre-alpha testing, and despite talking about it today it won't be game ready for months.  Clarifications like our promises are x, y, and z for this period of time and we will update as they change.  Most importantly, I'd be clarifying that art means nothing, and that as we have usable assets in-game we'll be giving you updated timelines.

Then I'd rip off my clothes, slap on a straight jacket, and ask to be wheeled out of this insane asylum.  DE has spent years doing the same thing, and expecting different results.  Poll followers on twitter, to get "unbiased" feedback to support whatever you say.  Ignore the design council, because they might not agree with what you want.  Release without testing, despite a rabid fanbase who will be your testers for free.  Release copy paste content with the same flaws, and do it so infrequently that people stop playing because there's huge draughts in playable content.  Once all of that is done, make hollow promises to appease people, and increase them to cover disappointments instead of owning the failure and learning lessons.

 

I'm sorry this is long, but DE is strangling their game.  It's hard seeing the same flaws from 5 years ago repeat themselves, and harder knowing that another Second Dream style resurrection is not going to happen.  That said, I applaud that DE can somehow find people who want to be a public face. given the track record.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Deejudanne said:

new rank icons looks trash

Wouldn't have said it like that, but I don't like the too different looking higher ranks either. But new is always better, right? -.- It couldn't have been done with just a makeover (new structure, the plates, textures), nope, it had to be new.
Just like Autoexposure...

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silescere said:

Wouldn't have said it like that, but I don't like the too different looking higher ranks either. But new is always better, right? -.- It couldn't have been done with just a makeover (new structure, the plates, textures), nope, it had to be new.
Just like Autoexposure...

no point in sugar coating 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

 

So... it took a small army of people constantly hammering the need for vacuum to get it to be for all sentinels, then more to un-nerf it.  

It has been literally years since the promise of the ghoul saw....and on stream they joked about needing underpants first.  Almost like they can't just say it's dead, but don't have the fortitude to admit it's not going to happen any time soon.

Is Railjack dead?  Well, if you go to an outside interview they stated that its development has been placed on hold...and we've never gotten official confirmation.  That was a third party interview.

 

Where I'm going with this is that the PR team at DE deserve a freaking medal.  Collectively they have to address this crap, and it boggles the mind that they don't burn out about 10 minutes into a stream where there's about a thousand people asking about progress on promised features, and their staff treats these promises as a joke.  If I were in that position I'd ask to have some of these people wheeled out of the room, and have the last ten minutes of every stream dedicated to clarification.  Clarifications like the suggested content is in pre-alpha testing, and despite talking about it today it won't be game ready for months.  Clarifications like our promises are x, y, and z for this period of time and we will update as they change.  Most importantly, I'd be clarifying that art means nothing, and that as we have usable assets in-game we'll be giving you updated timelines.

Then I'd rip off my clothes, slap on a straight jacket, and ask to be wheeled out of this insane asylum.  DE has spent years doing the same thing, and expecting different results.  Poll followers on twitter, to get "unbiased" feedback to support whatever you say.  Ignore the design council, because they might not agree with what you want.  Release without testing, despite a rabid fanbase who will be your testers for free.  Release copy paste content with the same flaws, and do it so infrequently that people stop playing because there's huge draughts in playable content.  Once all of that is done, make hollow promises to appease people, and increase them to cover disappointments instead of owning the failure and learning lessons.

 

I'm sorry this is long, but DE is strangling their game.  It's hard seeing the same flaws from 5 years ago repeat themselves, and harder knowing that another Second Dream style resurrection is not going to happen.  That said, I applaud that DE can somehow find people who want to be a public face. given the track record.

DE has been strangling the game for a long time, that was the point of the list.  I didn't care until they touched my sacred objective healing, because while hurrdurr more damage entertains others, being the right person in the right place at the right time is far more compelling to me.  The pillaging of objective healing made it impossible to be the rp2rt, because the numbers are so weak when compared to objective health.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are fundamental issues, and I'm hoping that eventually members of DE's management are placed into the situation where they have to address them.

 

That being said, warframe is not lost yet....or at least I don't want to believe it is.  I took a two year hiatus, and at that time spouted that the game was dying.  The content was broken upon release, the development team required a monumental community response to get vacuum, and the whole inability to farm things like Mirage meant you either kept the slot forever filled or had to spend a few hundred platinum if you sold her.

Now, let's be optimistic for just a moment.  I think that gets lost, and people think I'm only capable of bile and anger.  

1) Movement 2.0 made Excalibur's super jump and Zephyr's movement ability useless.  As a Zephyr main you'd think this was frustrating, but this was a huge improvement to basic movement.  This is the kind of thing that gave this game an identity.

2) Cephalon Simaris is a source for all of the base frames.  We can debate the eventual use of this mechanic, but if you trash a frame today you can play the game and earn it back.  Simaris's scans aren't a favorite mechanic, but it represents a way to get everything back if you ever sell things that are otherwise unique.

3) Fetch.  Botanist.  The resurrecting mods for Vulpaphyla companions.  These things represent basic functionality mods, that finally made their way into the game.  It took literal years, but it shows that eventually DE puts out good things.  Your mileage may vary, but I see this as a basic positive, and a potential for the right voices to lead DE toward something less painful in the game.

 

It may be hard to see above the frustration, disappointment, and anger; but I think warframe can be fixed.  It would take someone to come in, provide a consistent vision and timeline, while curtailing the tendencies for focus to disappear.  Imagine for a moment some leadership changes that re-introduced conclave as PvP, and made it a grab bag of fun things.  Imagine making down-hill racing with k-drives, to rival the SSX games.  Imagine a mech fighting game like Mech Warrior, only with those fun new necamechs actually useful.  Finally, imagine a competitive PvEvP mode where you could mod everything like normal because you fought the grineer/sentient/corpus/infested instead of trying to balance tenno vs. tenno.  All of this could breathe life into conclave, instead of keeping that game mode on life support.

Likewise, imagine a single large content patch a year, but regular monthly bug fixes and content drops that are much smaller.  This fundamentally would bring players back because there's constantly be content, even if it was just tenno reinforcement weapons.  Likewise, if any one patch was bad it wouldn't create a bitter taste for months.  The next one would simply let the last be forgotten.

Finally, somebody actually killing the live streams from developers by forcing them to show things that would be implemented shortly would change the focus.  No promising ghoul saws, or dual wield nikanas, or anything else that makes you look incompetent after years without release.  There's be constant but lower levels of hype for the next gun, or the next frame, or even the next new game mode.  This would make things much less gigantic, but the hype would be huge given that "Soon" and "Primed Salt" would functionally be dead memes instead of DE's MO.

None of this would take a lot.  DE is not the little indie developer they were five years ago, but they haven't changed.  That could be rectified by good management...or they could be finally put out to pasture by having all of the bad stuff turned up just that little bit more.  I hope for positive change....and maybe I'm stupid for that.  I'll take stupid optimism, and having to constantly be a turd in the proverbial punch bowl, over letting this game die due to apathy.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-27 at 7:08 PM, Raitlor said:

@[DE]Rebecca

On May 20th, patch 27.5.4 was released, and with it, Garuda, Baruuk, Excalibur (Prime/Umbra), Valkyr (Prime), Wukong (Prime) and Titania (Prime) all lost the ability to properly utilize crit builds on their innate melee weapons. For all exalted melee weapons, the previously functioning Gladiator mod set bonus stopped working, and for Garuda, she also lost the functionality of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds on her talons.

We have yet to hear any word on if this change was intentional and just unannounced, or if there is a bug happening here. If it is in fact a bug, we have had no word on if its even being looked into. Myself, I hope it is actually a bug, because I am sick of DE's ninja nerfs for frames and weapons that do not deserve to be kicked while they are down. If this was intentional, I would like to hear their reasoning for essentially deleting crit builds for all of these frames' innate melee weapons.

I have not played since May 22 upon learning that these mod interactions no longer function. I would like to return to the game, but knowing that this issue is just the tip of the iceburg, and seeing so many other issues go unnoticed and unfixed really puts a damper on that. I've been here since 2013, I am a Founder, and I am very disappointed that DE continues to just push out new, disjointed content without caring at all about the existing content and its functionality.

 

same, i was thinking about starting again but realising so much of my equipment is not working at its best is really S#&$ty

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
En 29/10/2020 a las 17:43, iPathos dijo:

Their usage is skyrocketing because they both have amazing dispositions and their strength

To use a weapon that is strong is not somthing strange , that's why "meta" exists and is the natural thing, (example: you have to go from A to B in a car , you can chose the model that will take 10 days to reach or the one that reaches in 5 days , setting aside any preference variations) ... I don't agree with the part you are implying that people pick weps up just coz of the dispo do ...

And returning somewhat to my original comment , how many actual people have rivens for this weps/ use them in order to spike up the need for nerf?  Is it just coz they have the riven for the wep will it gets a nerf at the whim of RNG( and stockpiling coz sorties have the possibility of drooping rivens on a daily basis.)  or they actually have to be using them for x amount of missions ? <--- This questions were never answered by DE anywhere (or if you actually have the link to them stating something about this please share a link )

From my point of view this changes are just filler and are a waste of time on the development side of the game and i will keep being critic of this mechanic until it actually get a better look at.

The system as a whole should be something like : oh i got a riven for this wep .... do i like this wep a lot ? -> if yes spend 5 -ish (depends on natural polarity on wep) forma and X-k kuva until the good stats are hit (generally will be the same stats that the wep excells at or thing  that are more of a personal preference like reload speed etc.). If they insist on oh ... we want riven just to boost not used weapons  (instead of actually buffing em ....) then if wep is used at this level of % by % of players in % of their games... riven is disables and can only be used when the wep is "unpopular" again . You can say... but people will be mad they can't use them... duno if they are less mad now when weps that barely reached for example 100% critical or status chanse tx to rivens, will randomly have the effect reduced and won't reach that magical nr coz DE thinks it's too popular ( based on variables never shared <--- or Youtube videos ). And will take a few months if not a year until they revisit the numbers.

But sadly the system as it stands right now is a clear platinum sink both in term of the forma need and the slot machine mechanic that will foster inflated trade values.

Edited by kaotis
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Opyt said:

Other things that made no sense this year:
Self-damage was removed, which included a nerf to the Zakti, it didn't deal self-damage, but as noted: it definitely self-staggers now.
Objective Healing got buried, all because someone used Venari to heal Scarlet Spear, which was an "unexpected use" despite Venari's heal working on objectives being listed in the tips.
Limbo + Exodia Contagion no longer works as it once did (but it has apparently reared its head again in the form of that dumb glassmaker heavy blade lmao).
Garuda ate a nerf to her talons (which are functionally just a glorified melee weapon that cannot be unequipped).
Helminth System being released with abilities that DE felt compelled to nerf before it even launched, while leaving other abilities untouched.
Exodia Contagion ate a damage nerf, but DE didn't bother to mention that one.
and I'm sure I've missed a few along the way.

Lets add this little time line

Magus Lockdown https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Magus_Lockdown

added December 18th, 2018 Forum Post

Arcane changes From R3 to R5

March 5th, 2020 Forum Post - Warframe Revised   

Complete removal of all damage from Magus lockdown

March 24th, 2020 Forum Post 

100% damage reduction..

 Ok that fine...Its your Game DE. there were of course some anecdotal evidence of game breaking damage output with no hard stats

    My point here  is the dates

Added 12/18/2018....

Changed from  r3 to r5 for the same effect 3/5/2020  after 443 days in game

Changed from rank R3 cost 10 arcanes

To R5 cost 21 arcanes

Removal of ALL damage from Magus Lockdown 3/24/2020... 20 days later

The change from R3 to R5 didn't change the damage or the effect... so well after year in game

they asked us to  add 11 more arcanes to it for the same effect

19 days later changed it

I,m not going to argue if it was over powered...

what i,m trying to point out is WHY WASN'T THIS CHANGE INCLUDED IN R3 to R5 Change?

When it seems that was going to happen regardless....

Just one more example of _______ From DE*

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaotis said:

To use a weapon that is strong is not somthing strange , that's why "meta" exists and is the natural thing, (example: you have to go from A to B in a car , you can chose the model that will take 10 days to reach or the one that reaches in 5 days , setting aside any preference variations) ... I don't agree with the part you are implying that people pick weps up just coz of the dispo do ...

And returning somewhat to my original comment , how many actual people have rivens for this weps/ use them in order to spike up the need for nerf?  Is it just coz they have the riven for the wep will it gets a nerf at the whim of RNG( and stockpiling coz sorties have the possibility of drooping rivens on a daily basis.)  or they actually have to be using them for x amount of missions ? <--- This questions were never answered by DE anywhere (or if you actually have the link to them stating something about this please share a link )

From my point of view this changes are just filler and are a waste of time on the development side of the game and i will keep being critic of this mechanic until it actually get a better look at.

The system as a whole should be something like : oh i got a riven for this wep .... do i like this wep a lot ? -> if yes spend 5 -ish (depends on natural polarity on wep) forma and X-k kuva until the good stats are hit (generally will be the same stats that the wep excells at or thing  that are more of a personal preference like reload speed etc.). If they insist on oh ... we want riven just to boost not used weapons  (instead of actually buffing em ....) then if wep is used at this level of % by % of players in % of their games... riven is disables and can only be used when the wep is "unpopular" again . You can say... but people will be mad they can't use them... duno if they are less mad now when weps that barely reached for example 100% critical or status chanse tx to rivens, will randomly have the effect reduced and won't reach that magical nr coz DE thinks it's too popular ( based on variables never shared <--- or Youtube videos ). And will take a few months if not a year until they revisit the numbers.

But sadly the system as it stands right now is a clear platinum sink both in term of the forma need and the slot machine mechanic that will foster inflated trade values.

 

DE has stated what they are doing to "balance" the rivens.  It is not based upon how many exist, or how good they are.  They are taking usage statistics, and tailoring the riven to try and make those statistics roughly even.

 

Case in point, let's look at the Hate.  It's been in game as long as the stalker...so you'd think that it wouldn't see any changes because it's stats haven't changed since the melee 2.xx reworks that bolstered all of melee, right?  Well, it has.  It received changes because the player usage statistics indicate it being favored a bit too much, so the riven gets a nerf to make the usage of it less favorable.

 

 

This indicates the following are actually going to influence riven dispositions:

1) New weapons have 90 days of usage, and can get something better than minimum disposition.

2) New game modes create large amounts of usage.  Hate and other scythes are likely seeing this, as they are good in Steel Path missions.

3) Old game modes are abandoned due to a lack of rewards.  Basically, think of this as the ghost town that is railjack right now, but apply it to things like arbitrations.

4) Weapons receive a unique mechanic or rework, changing usage patterns.  Think of this as scythes sharing the heavy sword stance mods.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-31 at 10:37 AM, Thawfoot said:

Dear DE.

 So one of the MR rank 30 rewards is 30 riven slots...

Is that above the 150 cap?

or if your already at 150. then you get nothing in regards to that?

 

 

 

Yes it's on top of the 150, it wouldn't make sense if it was any other way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vitrica's sharp parts on the outside of the sword look like plastic. This may not be a bug but it looks hideous and i feel metallic would be way better. Also, kuva siphon missions bug out almost every time i do them. The siphon spawns in a really random place and doesn't lower its limbs or suck in kuva, and when on mars mostly the kuva clouds will spawn off the map and not be findable. Been years and kuva is still just as broken as it was 2 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-10-27 at 8:59 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Per Healing Defendable Targets Dev Workshop: it should "Restore 500 Health over 5 seconds".

Please remove this limitation, make it work like healing warframes or else it is fully useless on levels above 20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • [DE]Megan unfeatured, locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...