7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The Cephalite needed to access the fight.

For the first time you access the weave, yes. And if you fail the platforming "did you remember the 5 bits of evidence" you need to spend another 5 cephalite. But once you complete that part and head to the boss fight that's all the Cephalite you need to spend. If you fail the fight, the next time you open Chapter 5 there's the glass chunk waiting there, and interacting with it takes you to the fight without taking your Cephalite.

I just checked, I have 15 Cephalite after 2 attempts at the fight. I've had 20 forever, it cost 5 to head into the evidence recollection bit, and I haven't played a single mission between.

There's a time gate on the standard Glassmaker 'puzzle'*, but there's no time gate on the boss fight.

*in theory, in practice virtually everyone has 20 Cephalite and virtually noone will fail the basic platforming 4 times in a row

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

For the first time you access the weave, yes. And if you fail the platforming "did you remember the 5 bits of evidence" you need to spend another 5 cephalite. But once you complete that part and head to the boss fight that's all the Cephalite you need to spend. If you fail the fight, the next time you open Chapter 5 there's the glass chunk waiting there, and interacting with it takes you to the fight without taking your Cephalite.

I just checked, I have 15 Cephalite after 2 attempts at the fight. I've had 20 forever, it cost 5 to head into the evidence recollection bit, and I haven't played a single mission between.

There's a time gate on the standard Glassmaker 'puzzle'*, but there's no time gate on the boss fight.

*in theory, in practice virtually everyone has 20 Cephalite and virtually noone will fail the basic platforming 4 times in a row

It charged me 5 Cephalite every time. Not sure what to tell you, it didn't give me any shortcuts to the boss fight.

EDIT: In any case, it's done now. Beat him, got the blueprint, never touching it again, and I genuinely hope that DE never do anything like this again because Jesus Christ.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 8
24 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

For some reason DE allows him to yeet the glass into space. I just had the same happen, he shoots all the glass into space until platforms run out. 10/10 boss fight.

You are supposed to bait him, he aims for your head in a linear path. so stand a bit closer so it can land just about behind you and dodge it so it doesn't slow you down. Thats when he comes in for the kill. Not that the game informs you of this or anything tho.

• Like 6

Y it was pretty nice. And yes it is not difficult but it would feel bad for some players. Also probably easier with kb mouse. It was still engaging, good design.

Seems like the pyrol hell wasn't over :)

Edited by Galuf

Ok, I've beaten the fight, it's never going to be a problem again, I shall chill out and say something nice.

- Very cool that you only need to do the fight once to get the blueprint, thanks DE.
- I do in fact appreciate that this fight is 100% the same for every player, no matter how OP or anaemic their build is, I get it. That's not an entirely bad call.
- Nihil's visual design is gorgeous.
- I do like that it doesn't completely hold your hand about remembering which symbols tie in to which individual Nihil's talking about.

There. I came back and said nice things. Can we now acknowledge that DE ripped this from Fall Guys?

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 4

I was very disappointed in it. The moment I saw Nora going "ohnoes, he's coming for me", I wanted to just turn, leave and let nature take its course.

But noooooo, but thou must, but Nora has to still stick around jabbering crap into our eardrums, plastering moving posters on our screen and summoning armies of glass-holes when we're trying to sneak around.

And the real stinger in the e-mail: "it's up to you to make sure he never gets loose again". I *can't* let him out. I've got a damn genie in a bottle here and I can't make my "STFU Nora" wish.

• Like 13

It never ceases to amaze me how disappointing Nightwave content is outside of rewards.  Boss fight is a tremendous waste of time and I can't believe we waited this long just to finish with a half assed platform boss.  

I've been sick of hearing Nora since day one and I get more annoyed with her empty voice, no personality street trash radio talk.

Nihil should have killed her for us but that would require some original thought on DE's part.  Which probably would mitigate this waste of existence for us with substantial content besides grinding and content padding.

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

- I do like that it doesn't completely hold your hand about remembering which symbols tie in to which individual Nihil's talking about.

There. I came back and said nice things.

Yep all nice enough things, but with regards to having to remember the symbols I think the real issue is just how long it's been for some(myself included) since they played them. thats all.

• Like 2

Nihil himself reminds me of Pontius Pilate from Monty Python.

hqdefault.jpg

Not sure why

Also I was happy to see Nora's face.

Edited by WH1735S0W
Changed "Caesar" to "Pontius Pilate" due to it being incorrect.
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Yep all nice enough things, but with regards to having to remember the symbols I think the real issue is just how long it's been for some(myself included) since they played them. thats all.

Yeah, wasn't that memorable to begin with. Also sounds like I'd need to do the last couple crime scene investigations to do the fight? I stopped after 3 because they weren't enjoyable.

Was hoping this might be a fun way to say bye to my favorite frame Nova, sounds like I'd just be annoyed.

27 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It charged me 5 Cephalite every time. Not sure what to tell you, it didn't give me any shortcuts to the boss fight.

EDIT: In any case, it's done now. Beat him, got the blueprint, never touching it again, and I genuinely hope that DE never do anything like this again because Jesus Christ.

I'll do the fight because I'm a collector and completionist, but I'm already dreading it.  Yet another fight where the "challenge" comes because they basically negate all Warframe abilities.

What, exactly, is the point of playing and grinding to collect nearly 45 different frames and hundreds of weapons when every new boss gets to be immune to basically everything?  There's none of the sense of discovery that comes with (for example) facing a new creature in Monster Hunter.  Because unlike that game, nothing we do matters except damage.  And given DE's absurd fondness for literal invulnerability phases, even DPS doesn't matter unless they permit it.  :(  The hardest part of the Ropalolyst isn't the fighting, it's the platforming and jumping around with all the stun and knockback, especially the third phase when you're actually *allowed* to shoot the stupid thing but keep getting smacked around by the Tasmanian Devil sentients.  OnO

• Like 6
vor 15 Minuten schrieb WH1735S0W:

Nihil himself reminds me of Caesar from Monty Python.

hqdefault.jpg

Not sure why

Also I was happy to see Nora's face.

Pontius Pilate, not Caesar

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OniDax said:

more gameplay mechanics such that they could actually have us oh, idk, duel bosses. At least then, there could be challenging based on timed attacks.

That will be a complete different game. Nothing in warframe can be translated to dual. They will have to build melee from ground up. And warframe is awful with the timed attack mechanics. Even in solo shet lagging all over the place.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Theres the crystals you have to throw the shards at, they include icons from the previous investigations.

So it’s not Combat?...now I’m half expecting to have to save and conserve endangered species of animals that he has turned into glass...while he pulls his Ohk, “haha you misremembered!” thing...

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

That will be a complete different game.

And the investigation portions aren't?

They could have done something off-kilter for the end to this, to keep in theme, have a slow and methodical duel where spamming the melee button gets you killed, focused on blocking his attacks and hitting him when he's open.

Instead we get a game of simon says with glass balls.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

And the investigation portions aren't?

They could have done something off-kilter for the end to this, to keep in theme, have a slow and methodical duel where spamming the melee button gets you killed, focused on blocking his attacks and hitting him when he's open.

Instead we get a game of simon says with glass balls.

It wasn't. They just translated part of the game into this investigation theme. Nothing new here. for a slow and methodical dual, they have to rework melee, slow down our movement. is this anymore "warframe" than what we have?

I'm not saying they nailed the boss fight, I'm saying the solution from the dude I quoted need tons of work, I don't believe it's a realistic solution. 

• Like 2

It honestly is hilarious to me to see all these people complaining about how this is the worst thing DE has ever done. Seriously, have any of you ever played a game that wasn’t Warframe? The boss fight is straight out of Spyro the Dragon. I grew up on games like that.

Personally I thought the fight was ok. Not like super amazing, but certainly not terrible. It felt a little anti-climactic, but that’s probably because they stretched an hour long quest into a 5 month event. Probably shouldn’t do that again. gib me actual quetsts blease. my crops are withering :(

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk
  • Like 11

I can't get to boss fight just because I need to get through this stupid "evidence platformer" again. I haven't finish a single one, it's so terrible thing I even can't say. It's worst thing  in Warframe for me, hunting solo Eidolons with unranked MOT amp is more exciting. I have 0 visual memory, I can't remember people faces if I met them less than 10 times in my life, why I should draw on paper every single evidence when I go into SLASHER game actually, huh?

• Like 5

Its a one and done boss fight with some variety to the usualy gameplay, mainly focusing on the acrobatic skills and movement of the player, rather of a test on how fast you can press "shoot" with your 10 forma Rubico and a 2000 plat riven.

What is the big deal ?

Can DE just make a riven/mods that kills bosses in one hit, so thes elite speedrunners dont have to waste time ?

Its a fun platforming boss fight, made as a nice little finale to this seasons Nightwave.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

It honestly is hilarious to me to see all these people complaining about how this is the worst thing DE has ever done. Seriously, have any of you ever played a game that wasn’t Warframe? The boss fight is straight out of Spyro the Dragon. I grew up on games like that.

Personally I thought the fight was ok. Not like super amazing, but certainly not terrible. It felt a little anti-climactic, but that’s probably because they stretched an hour long quest into a 5 month event. Probably shouldn’t do that again. gib me actual quetsts blease. my crops are withering :(

How nice for you; I did not grow up on platformers and I absolutely detest them. I have played many other games; usually strategy games: how would you platformer fanatics like a boss fight that was actually 45 miuntes of carefully managing resources, building up a good defensive line, then steamrolling over the boss with a sea of units? Or maybe a MOBA-style boss, where you use only your mouse to move and attack, and you have to carefully position around a boss for 10 minutes avoiding projectiles and floor zones.

If the platforms could be respawned, if he shot crystals at your feet instead of your head, if the crystals didn't rapidly detonate in your hands, or if they used any sort of smart travel so you weren't constantly missing the floating cephalite targets you were aiming at, it would possibly be bearable. But expecting me to suddenly be good at platformers in a game that has up until now required 0 platforming experience is too much. And making me spend 5 Cephalite and go through the memory paths section and unskippable dialogue every time I fail is torturous.

You know what all the other minigames (Wurmius, Flappy Zephyr and Frame Fighter) have in common? They don't gate anything; they are purely for fun. If DE wanted to add a platformer to that mix, I'd have no issues what so ever. The fact they have gated a weapon behind this abomination is an issue. I don't play Warframe to play a platformer; I play it to shoot and cast and slash my way through an unending horde of enemies (be they squishy or challenging; again this is an option we can choose for ourselves).

No, this fight as it currently stands is a mistake, and I really hope it is one DE NEVER repeats in this fashion, like the Hema research requiremnts. By all means add a platformer minigame, but don't lock content behind being good at platformers, or any other non-looter-shooter game mechanics for that matter. The extent of variant gameplay required for progression should not go any further than what was required in The War Within.

• Like 14