Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nihil boss fight

(XBOX)C11H22O11

6 minutes ago, celesari said:

In my opinion, DE has made the worst bossfight of the game. Aside from Suda/Hunhow what ever of course. They have nothing to do with the gameplay of Warframe. Thats not what most players want to do in the game.

I feel like people like you just can't enjoy things as they are

Not everything is for everyone, that should be common sense. Don't like it? Then this boss is just not for you, you've done it once & you got your blueprint right? That means you can ignore it now

6 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Not everything is for everyone, that should be common sense. Don't like it? Then this boss is just not for you, you've done it once & you got your blueprint right? That means you can ignore it now

Except they've made us do it at least once if we want actual game content; not a skin, not a lander cosmetic like a Noggle, but an actual weapon with unique gameplay and Mastery attached to it. I hate platformers, I'm bad at them, and I have 0 intention of ever purchasing one, so what in the name of all that is holy is a platformer boss doing in my looter-shooter? I wouldn't mind if this was something I could completely ignore, like Frame Fighter, but it isn't, because it has a weapon as a reward.

And at this point I'm about 1 attempt left from borrowing a frined, changing my login briefly, and getting them to do it for me, because seriously, #*!% this fight; I'm having 0 fun and it's just making me want to quit Warframe until this is somehow fixed.

3 минуты назад, Ailia_Grimm сказал:

Just most of people playing warframe to play looter-shooter where your mobility, GUN and SWORD are best friends. Not platformers, not investigations, not skyscraper simulator, looter-shooter! Imagine if people were playing something like PUBG or Dota2 (where minimal required IQ is as minimal as possible) and than suddenly during fight with enemy , turns on Chess mode and now you have to play chess with enemy!

1 minute ago, IainG10 said:

Except they've made us do it at least once if we want actual game content; not a skin, not a lander cosmetic like a Noggle, but an actual weapon with unique gameplay and Mastery attached to it. I hate platformers, I'm bad at them, and I have 0 intention of ever purchasing one, so what in the name of all that is holy is a platformer boss doing in my looter-shooter? I wouldn't mind if this was soimething I could completely ignore, like Frame Fighter, but it isn't, because it has a weapon as a reward.

And at this point I'm about 1 attempt left from borrowing a frined, changing my login briefly, and getting them to do it for me, because seriously, #*!% this fight; I'm having 0 fun and it's just making me want to quit Warframe until this is somehow fixed.

Again with this "platformer" thing. Ok, you have to jump on big ass platforms, but if you've played warframe for even a few months, this shouldn't be a problem

You see that he's going to swing his sword? Bullet jump to the next platform & you're fine, there's nothing as complicated or precise like in a real platformer

Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

Again with this "platformer" thing. Ok, you have to jump on big ass platforms, but if you've played warframe for even a few months, this shouldn't be a problem

Those 'big ass platforms' rapidly shrink with no way to regenerate them. I've played Warframe since open beta, nothing has required close to this level of platforming skill, with the exception of some clan-build assault courses, which, once again, are completely optional.

Here is my really bad attempt. I did have fun however it took me a while to figure out what the hell to do.

It was kinda awkward not having my powers. I would like to see more skill based bosses like this though.

https://youtu.be/5bG6QzbvsS0

1 минуту назад, IainG10 сказал:

Those 'big ass platforms' rapidly shrink with no way to regenerate them. I've played Warframe since open beta, nothing has required close to this level of platforming skill, with the exception of some clan-build assault courses, which, once again, are completely optional.

How could you forget CoNcLaVE?!

Wait, you're supposed to hit the correct glass based on previous episodes for the invincibility phases? I thought you just had to destroy them all lol

The fight really reminds me of Klonoa's final boss, with crystal themed environment, ring shaped arena, destructible platforms and rotating objects around it that needs to be thrown with a resource from the enemies to damage the boss, definitely a treat for platformer game fans.

1 minute ago, IainG10 said:

I really want to see how you are playing this fight. For me he did destroy one or two bits from every platform, but those platforms were still big enough for me to land on it without even looking at them

I like the fight. The writing on the wall was there from the start anyway with all the calculated mini jumps from stage 1 - 4. On this last iteration, it should be a cinch to do already. 

Spoiler

Anyway, precise jumps are important only when you need to grab the firey thingy and to gain a foothold prior to aiming and throwing it. The rest of it, like when dodging, it is even better to jump anywhere and intentionally fall off.

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I really want to see how you are playing this fight. For me he did destroy one or two bits from every platform, but those platforms were still big enough for me to land on it without even looking at them

His overhead sweep is destroying entire lines in my fights, so 2 or 3 of those and the original platform is down to a single triangular tile.

The fight annoyed me to no end.

Then again, I was already annoyed to no end, after 2hrs farming and cracking lith n6 in radshares with 0 result, so that may be the main reason...

Come to think of it, the only thing I found really anoying about the fight is that the boss had no pattern, while I'm all in for unpredictability, at times there were minutes, where he won't fire a crystal and god forbid should he miss the platform.

Found the cheese though, not cheese per se, but if you're having issues with his melee attacks (which 1shot), just jumping down to reset on the platform is guaranteed safety and he'll fire crystals while you're on it.

3 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

I cant pass the boss fight, what a S#&$. You are really pissing me off DE

This is where you need to git gud

The fight isn't perfect, but it's no problem

The flaws of this boss is the end result of all the morons who tantrum over every little nerf and only want their stuff buffed. When everything is powercreeped to hell and back, and idiots always defend powercrept stuff with stupid logic like "don't use it lol", this is what you get and deserve

6 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

This is where you need to git gud

The fight isn't perfect, but I got through it no problem.

The flaws of this boss is the end result of all the morons who tantrum over every little nerf and only want their stuff buffed. When everything is powercreeped to hell and back, and idiots always defend powercrept stuff with stupid logic like "don't use it lol", this is what you get and deserve

And there it is, the rallying cry of all that DE has tried to avoid in this community: 'git gud'. This alone should be the clarion call to DE that they've made a mistake here; things like intentionally not having a vote-kick are all for nought when this gets widespread in a community.

The constant calling out of people who are bad at platformers and don't want them in their looter-shooter as 'morons who tantrum', and the use of phrases like 'this is what you get and deserve' have no place in civil discussion; they serve only to lock threads. If you cannot debate without ad hominem, don't; insults are not an argument refutal, they are just the symptoms of toxic elitism.

I have no issues with nerfs, I have no issues with most design decisions; Hell, I even see a place in the Warframe ecosystem for Nullifier Bubbles, because even there there are alternative ways of dealing with them. What I have an issue with is a rigid expectation of how a player should do something, and especially when that required action is very different to everything prior.

I am aware that all the platformer fans love this fight; I have no issues with there being a platformer minigame or optional side activity somewhere. Just don't lock exclusive content with gameplay behind it. Have it be a way to earn 5,000 Nightwave Credits or get Steel Essence or Ayatan Sculptures or something; have it as one option of several for earning something.

It was an awesome "fight".  Jump here, throw there, and a lot of fade to black fall of map screen.  Great boss design but the battle made me face palm waiting for the gigantic turd to throw something and teleport close enough for me to hurl his sht back.

I was expecting some brutal but doable mayhem.  Glass clones, mirror world that shatters, getting showered with broken glass, then a showdown with Nihil protected by layers of glass armor.  SShhhieeet, if DE hired me to design this boss fight mechanics, I would have made something passable.  Even if they paid me with burgers and fries, I would have come up with something better.

So, yea. That was a thing. I didn't really enjoy it, but I don't hate it either.

2 tweaks: 1. Nihil should aim his shard attack at your feet instead of your head/chest, would help with the frustration of successfully dodging a shard only for it to go sailing into the void. 2. There should be a minimum number of platforms during the fight. If too many get smashed some should respawn.

45 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

For me he took over half of a platform in one swing to the point that couple of times I had only one segment left on one side and couple of multi segment bits left on the other.

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

This is becoming a cumulative thing.  Hence frustration builds.  The winning formula was built on a specific type of gameplay:  an unparalleled brand of combat.

Diversifying Gameplay while maintaining the combat DNA works to an extent...but without it?

DE hasn’t been able to create alternate gameplay that comes anywhere CLOSE in terms of quality and entertainment value to the core combat that made it a world-wide phenomenon when they try to supplant it with “alternative” gameplay...sorry a bit redundant.

Just keep in mind that while many of us are not content to just be “ok” with this boss fight-not-a-fight without feedback, we are ok that you ARE ok with it without making snap judgements about you.

Tried out the Boss Fight for Vitrica, i guess it’s ok. One of those Fights where you have to throw things at different Targets but what i noticed is the Projectile you throw have a very slow Projectile Speed you would have to use it like a Shotgun for the Blue Crystals and Nihil himself. Took me two tries to beat him.

Why does DE keep making these non-warframe fights? If I wanted to play a S***y platformer, I would play a S***ty platformer. What happened to the ingenuity from the last nightwave? That boss had fun, new mechanics, and most importantly, it was Warframe, not some 2000's era platforming bulls*** I love you DE, but you f***ed this up.

24 minutes ago, IainG10 said:

I am aware that all the platformer fans love this fight; I have no issues with there being a platformer minigame or optional side activity somewhere. Just don't lock exclusive content with gameplay behind it. Have it be a way to earn 5,000 Nightwave Credits or get Steel Essence or Ayatan Sculptures or something; have it as one option of several for earning something.

It'll probably appear as a login bonus and show up at some point at baro and whatnot...

Archived