Hm, I wasn't expecting people to complain about having to use your warframe jumping skills to beat a boss. I mean you use jump, double jump, bullet jump all the time right? right? am I wrong here? Do most people just walk from a to b and wonder how they will ever get across a large hole in the ground? A lot of the games puzzles and such (Lua) require you to be at least not retarded when it comes to platforming. This boss is extremely easy when it comes to platforming. All you need to do is remember he has three moves and how to dodge them. It's really that simple. Granted the first time he instakilled me I was like wtf is this S#&$. But yea the animation is extremely telegraphed and the jumping part is 100% forgiving. You don't eve die falling off a platform. You can keep going!

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

There's absolutely no skill involved in this mess of a fight. It's purely random dumb luck for him to actually fire shards you can throw back, same with him aiming at the platforms, same with whether or not he fires the shards at angle where they'll actually land on the platform. Get lucky, he swings at nothing, you don't lose a triangle wedge of platform, he shoots consistently and you can actually kill him. Get unlucky, you're screwed. The shards go sailing past the platform wedges, he destroys half the wedges in a single swing, he teleports when you throw it, the shard completely misses the terrible hitbox on the crystals, he's too far away... ugh. Horrible design and a complete lack of playtesting on top of "mechanics" that were outdated at the end of the PS1 era.

lol, dude. You're being way too overdramatic about this.

It's virtually impossible for him to kill you as long as you have a shield. His missiles are slow, and his moves are heavily telegraphed. Just bait him and then throw the shards. It's almost hilarious how you people can't take him.

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Just tried it.  WOW, does that mission design absolutely SUCK.  I think I already hate it more than just about anything else DE has made.  (And that's compared to Exploiter, the massively bad design of Thumpers, and Eidolons, which I already deeply despise.)  Oh, hey, lets base an entire fight around a totally new mechanic.  No, we're not going to tell the players what that mechanic IS, that would be cheating.

I'm a collector.  I have every single weapon and Warframe.  But you know what?  Screw this boss, and forget this weapon.  It is NOT worth it.

lol, really?

You can't handle his incredibly slow telegraphed attacks? You didn't instantly pick up those glass shards marked by yellow objective markers? Everything about his fight have been explored before in warframe. Throwing thermia/explosive cores. Simple dodging and jumping around. Breaking through invulnerability with simple gimmicks. Jumping which is like 75% of Warframe gameplay.

It was an easy first try win.

Edited by (PS4)GingyGreen
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Hm, I wasn't expecting people to complain about having to use your warframe jumping skills to beat a boss. I mean you use jump, double jump, bullet jump all the time right? right? am I wrong here?

Yes, you are.  *some* people like to hop around like a flea on Red Bull.  It's not a universal playstyle.

• Like 2
Just now, EmberStar said:

Yes, you are.  *some* people like to hop around like a flea on Red Bull.  It's not a universal playstyle.

Well you choosing to ignore Warframe's core gameplay mechanic all this time just came to bite you in the ass. Wondering how you did all the other jumping puzzles. I mean you have octavia right? That requires you to use your parkour abilities to get to the top of the organ... unless of course you bought everything with platinum. That's also a possibility.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

lol, really?

You can't handle his incredibly slow telegraphed attacks? You didn't instantly pick up those glass shards marked by yellow objective markers? Everything about his fight have been explored before in warframe. Throwing thermia/explosive cores. Simple dodging and jumping around. Breaking through invulnerability with simple gimmicks. Jumping which is like 75% of Warframe gameplay.

It was an easy first try win.

I wouldn't know about the telegraphs, I was too busy trying to pay attention to what platform I was jumping on to look at the boss.  I didn't "instantly pick up the shards" because he either threw them all into infinity, or one managed to home in and hit me as I was dealing with the "heavy landing" animation from all the jumping.

Good for you, the mission didn't bug out, and you're *so* l33t.  Tell me, which of your overinflated bits is more likely to get accidentally slammed in doors - your epeen, or your ego?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

I wouldn't know about the telegraphs, I was too busy trying to pay attention to what platform I was jumping on to look at the boss.  I didn't "instantly pick up the shards" because he either threw them all into infinity, or one managed to home in and hit me as I was dealing with the "heavy landing" animation from all the jumping.

Good for you, the mission didn't bug out, and you're *so* l33t.  Tell me, which of your overinflated bits is more likely to get accidentally slammed in doors - your epeen, or your ego?

I think once you figure out how easy this fight is you'll come to see how silly you're being right now.

• Like 7

After 30 minutes of really poorly textured clues that apparently weren't even rendering correctly for me, I spent 15 minutes doing a boss fight that isn't Warframe. I couldn't shoot, melee, or use abilities. Instead, I had to wait for the boss to glitch a crystal at me after being really fixated on destroying the level, and then I had to grab it and throw it at him, with no indicator of my throwing arc. Meanwhile, Nora's dialog is so heavily distorted I couldn't hear it, nor could I really focus on it because I was too busy not getting two shot. I didn't have a clue what was going on except that Nora's neck lights up when she talks, and that Nihil is a serial killer. Now I have a jar and a blueprint for a sword that's a slight downgrade to the Gram Prime with a gimmick.

Oh, and I still have to "hold up." 

This was by far the worst fight I've ever encountered in the game. It took six months to get to what was basically a game of catch. This was the final slap in the face for what has been an absolutely terrible Nightwave. I really hope we don't have to deal with anything like this ever again.

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Wow.

Paying attention to the giant enemy slowly trying to kill you AND paying attention to your positioning. What a nightmare that must be huh? That basic skill in like almost every video game in existence? Is this your first video game? Because this is like a person struggling to land on a platform with a goomba on it, because he can't process both the jump and the fact that there's a goomba there at the same time.

And anyone who played this game for longer than a few months should know there are several ways to avoid hard landings during a jump.

Edited by (PS4)GingyGreen
  • Like 5

Took me 2 attempts.    Attempt one was just seeing how it worked, nearly killed him.  Second attempt he didnt touch me one time as he is HIGHLY predictable.    

Not a bad boss fight as you are in HIS realm for it, only makes logical sense there a new rules.  Can I remind you people of Octavias Anthem?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

lol, dude. You're being way too overdramatic about this.

It's virtually impossible for him to kill you as long as you have a shield. His missiles are slow, and his moves are heavily telegraphed. Just bait him and then throw the shards. It's almost hilarious how you people can't take him.

Where in what I said was there anything about getting killed? Nowhere. You aren't even fighting him. You're fighting the RNG behind what attack pattern he goes through. You run out of platforms because he swings more than he shoots, you're screwed. The fact that his shots wing off into nothingness depending on when he finally decides to do it only makes it more annoying. Or did you just not see the very first part about there being absolutely no skill involved in the fight? If you can press jump he's not going to kill you. Way to completely miss the point of what I said.  

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, --CV--Gambit said:

Took me 2 attempts.    Attempt one was just seeing how it worked, nearly killed him.  Second attempt he didnt touch me one time as he is HIGHLY predictable.    

Not a bad boss fight as you are in HIS realm for it, only makes logical sense there a new rules.  Can I remind you people of Octavias Anthem?

At least in octavias anthem you could physically attack the little enemies that spawn. You can't even shoot at Nihils in this. It's nothing but an over blown jumping puzzle while being attacked. If I want puzzles I will play Mist

• Like 1
3 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Paying attention to the giant enemy slowly trying to kill you AND paying attention to your positioning. What a nightmare that must be huh?

This comment is obnoxious and 100% unhelpful to the other person.

Not every likes the boss fight. It can certainly be better, like Brozime suggested during his stream.

Nihil has a bad habit of not throwing bombs out, at least for me, during the 3rd phase. So I end up dodging his attacks, trying to get him to give me more bombs (that get sent into oblivion) only to run out of platforms in the end. And if I do get a bomb and throw it at him, it for some dumb reason does nothing to his naked health.

DE could have done better.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, (XB1)rhymes2lyrics said:

Finding the Clues was too easy. Its called Attention to Detail.    

Obviously I paid attention to detail, or I wouldn't have made it to the boss fight. What makes you think otherwise?

Now if you had paid attention to how I wrote my previous post, you might've found that I simply expressed my dislike for that part of the Glassmaker series.

• Like 2

Ah yes, the amount of nerf request in this thread just showed me that Warframe Players do not like being challenged. It’s kinda sad. Players only want to get that new shiny as fast as possible nowadays.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, --CV--Gambit said:

Yeah, it's his realm and he apparently has the possibility to destroy the arena. Why does he even throw the only thing that can defeat him ? Why not just use his 20-meter-long blade to destroy all the arena and call it a day as we fall endlessly into the weave ?

I've always hated when "invincible enemies" throws at us the only thing that can defeat them. It never made sense in my book. He could have kept us with him for millenia and watch us die of old age for all he cares.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

You kind of don't. I was able to get past phase 1 throwing randomly (long story short, i was trying to hit the episode 5 clues and hit the pobber floof on accident), then after that I just waited until he talked. He said something about "capitalism" and "profit", so I chose the corpus helmet and it worked. He said something about "the comfort of warm [animal meat] on a cold plains night", so I chose the ostron symbol and it worked

Yeah, I kinda went too fast to really bother listening to his monologues, tho. 🤡

The fact Nihil doesn't have a pattern is what really got on my nerves, this kind of boss fight needs a pattern, not RNG where you can actually lose most of your walking space simply because RNG says he doesn't want to throw a shard at you, and sometimes when he finally does, you're on a platform too small and not in just the right spot so he yeets it into space.

Would have been nice if the second time you went in it would show you the crystal that links directly to the fight, I just tunnel-vision'd to the glass statue and had to go through the whole evidence sequence a second time thinking I had to. I know I would have been far less stressed and worried about failure if I didn't think I had to use cephalite every attempt.

Though to counter one complaint, the crystal you need to destroy seems to be a different colour to the rest? I never remembered a single piece of evidence, i just aimed for the most grey looking crystal and it was always the correct one.

Edited by Reynard_Fox
  • Like 1

I feel like it's the most fair boss fight we've ever had. 

And it could be because of:

• We didn't have our weak/op weapons with us. All the means to defeat the boss are only found on the bossfight level itself.
  • He is pretty dangerous if you don't pay close attention, being able to kill you in 1-2 hits (though he has only 3 attacks that can be easily telegraphed)
  • Judging by what some people say on this thread, ther higher your own basic skills are (in this case, movement skills / parkour), the easier it is. Noticeably. I guess this point is a stretch though.
  • The bossfight had 0 bugs (or maybe i just got lucky)
  • The fight ends in a nice cutscene, with some reveals, and a good reward.

So yeah, i guess every part of it was good.

Edited by Dante
Added bullets.
  • Like 7