Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we never again..

Krelian281

Have content like this? Slow walking, hidden object, clue finding gameplay is not what I look for when I log into Warframe. I think this is my first post here and I haven't complained about anything in this game until now. I am sure some people like it and that's fine this is just my opinion but seriously I have never been so bored before. 

If you have to do stuff like this just make a device we have to craft in order to find clues and let us move around normally, give us some gadgets to kind of be like a Tenno Batman.

tbh.. i can feel you right now in this act 5 area. for over 1 HOUR im already walking around looking for the fifth clue and cant find it anywhere. also there is a ramp leading up to the upper parts of the room but we cant even get up there fully. DE really needs to rethink how they design these Sherlock Holmes maps

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Kouden:

tbh.. i can feel you right now in this act 5 area. for over 1 HOUR im already walking around looking for the fifth clue and cant find it anywhere. also there is a ramp leading up to the upper parts of the room but we cant even get up there fully. DE really needs to rethink how they design these Sherlock Holmes maps

same...

you are not alone

hace 20 minutos, Krelian281 dijo:

Have content like this? Slow walking, hidden object, clue finding gameplay is not what I look for when I log into Warframe. I think this is my first post here and I haven't complained about anything in this game until now. I am sure some people like it and that's fine this is just my opinion but seriously I have never been so bored before. 

If you have to do stuff like this just make a device we have to craft in order to find clues and let us move around normally, give us some gadgets to kind of be like a Tenno Batman.

You can skip it....

I do not mind the clue hunting, but I will admit the clues can be tricky to find because they blend into the background. I've noticed that Warframe tends to reuse colors a lot which makes everything look the same. 

Some of the clues can look like they are part of the scenery.

If you're missing that last clue it might be hanging off the side of one of the pillars in the room. All mine were on the floor/benches but I've seen others wandering forever looking for that last one when its hanging because its really easy to miss with the colors of the room

two things would have made crime scenes more bearable: faster walking (just for when we need to cross the entire room) and the ability to see evidence you've already picked up without having to go back to it all the time. it was nice of DE to experiment with something new, don't get me wrong, but this could have been done a little better. I'd be fine with walking sequences being added in the future when applicable as long as they don't restrict us to the pace of a lethargic snail. 

Fully agreed, in each stage of this detective work I spent half an hour walking slowly back and forth looking for the last damn clue. Most of them seemed like part of the map scenery too. 

You know when something annoys and frustrates you so much you can feel it in your stomach? Thats what I got each time... Exact opposite of fun. 

Warframe has always been a game of speed and movement so I dont understand where these snail paced gamemodes are coming from. Same with the forced animal capture on deimos, forcing people to be bored and leave the game. 

6 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I don't understand why our frames have to be slow. This is probably the main issue with this game mode. Trying to find stuff around a large area is tedious if it takes an age to get from a to b. I understand they did this for immersion reasons, but yea. Not for me.

the longer it takes you to "clean up" and finish the better, DE is all about timegating everything as much as possible with timegates within timegates as their only means of managing content of every kind.

2 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

the longer it takes you to "clean up" and finish the better, DE is all about timegating everything as much as possible with timegates within timegates as their only means of managing content of every kind.

To be fair. The first area if you remember was very small. Moving around slowly didn't really bother me. The 4th and 5th areas however were a lot bigger and it became much more tedious. I think the original design decision was ok as long as the areas were relatively small.

6 hours ago, Kouden said:

If it matters, and if you haven't found it yet - they broke their own unspoken rule about how the clues can be placed.  One is a pair of handcuffs, and one of the possible placement points is on the pillars around the room.  Well *above* camera height.  It completely looks like a random ambient detail, so until you get to the point of basically waving the camera over every square pixel you can reach (or get a hint) there's basically zero chance you'll find it looking on the floor and in corners like almost every other clue so far.

After I fiddled for 5 minutes with the first one, I ignored it completely. I still have not finished the first one and did not even bother with the next 3. The only reason I even bothered with this one is for the boss fight. It was a #*!%ing chore. This entertainment. It supposed to be fun. 

9 hours ago, xombob89 said:

You know when something annoys and frustrates you so much you can feel it in your stomach? Thats what I got each time... Exact opposite of fun. 

That's anxiety, incidentally.

As someone who has lived their whole life with anxiety disorders, that's the way I felt for like the first 20 years of my life all. the. time.

My boyfriend didn't even know he was getting anxiety because he didn't know that's what it was.

Just a fun fact.

I don't mind doing something else to spice up the gameplay. Hell, i don't even enjoy the gunplay that much these days...
But these evidence hunts are awful. Usually games at least have some kind of hints where to look - maybe a particularly bright spot or just something that catches your eye. But these hunts are... Realistic, dare i say? You are thrown in a bland room and evidence is just as bland as everyhing else. Took me 30 minutes to find a 3rd clue.

I don't mind these, but DE needed to change the approach on how they do them. There needs to be SOMETHING to hint where to look. Maybe a sound or something.

Archived