Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we never again..

Krelian281

1 hour ago, Artekkor said:

I don't mind doing something else to spice up the gameplay. Hell, i don't even enjoy the gunplay that much these days...
But these evidence hunts are awful. Usually games at least have some kind of hints where to look - maybe a particularly bright spot or just something that catches your eye. But these hunts are... Realistic, dare i say? You are thrown in a bland room and evidence is just as bland as everyhing else. Took me 30 minutes to find a 3rd clue.

I don't mind these, but DE needed to change the approach on how they do them. There needs to be SOMETHING to hint where to look. Maybe a sound or something.

Since this is a game and not a real police investigation, there needs to be an "out" mechanic.  If you've spent more than ten minutes moving around and not found a clue (and therefore aren't just using the crime scene to AFK while you watch Netflix) then Nora should say "Hey, what's that over there?" and pick a random un-scanned clue and make it sparkle, or otherwise highlight it.  Because finding the last clue after spending half an hour fruitlessly searching for it does NOT feel like a triumph to me.  It feels like the mission design is deliberately wasting my time.

On 2020-10-28 at 6:15 AM, Artekkor said:

I don't mind doing something else to spice up the gameplay. Hell, i don't even enjoy the gunplay that much these days...
But these evidence hunts are awful. Usually games at least have some kind of hints where to look - maybe a particularly bright spot or just something that catches your eye. But these hunts are... Realistic, dare i say? You are thrown in a bland room and evidence is just as bland as everyhing else. Took me 30 minutes to find a 3rd clue.

I don't mind these, but DE needed to change the approach on how they do them. There needs to be SOMETHING to hint where to look. Maybe a sound or something.

I  hope any potential hint is visual only. I still don't listen to Warframe in-game music because DE made rare containers and secret caches have subtle sounds. It's been more than a year since I've turned off Warframe music... I don't even know what Deimos music sounds like! I bet new Corpus Ship has nice music too!

So I hope they don't use sound as a clue again! Notice that one variant of the tumor cache bounty in Deimos uses visual clues to find the 3 tumors to destroy. Thankfully none of them make sound! But the rest of the game has special containers (rare, reinforced) and sabotage/exterminate/bounty caches make sound. And it is way more efficient to use sound to find them than any other strategy be it Limbo + Animal Instinct or whatever. You can be certain without using any Warframe abilities or anything special that a room/area has no cache just by the absence of the cache sound. It's way more efficient!

And then, of course, there's Disruption (which I don't really like). It has a visual clue... the sound clue is much much better. It's another good reason never to enable in-game music.

7 hours ago, Cantiopo said:

your opinion is invalid because i like it and your not a developer. don't like it don't play it

I was waiting for a reply like this, well yea I don't like it I stated that in the OP, and no I am not playing it lol. 

Sigh, I guess I'll do part 4 today... the anxiety of it has been stalling me, but now that 5 is ready - and it seems so rewarding... Let's you get a Heavy Sword right? and what? a prisoner to keep track of?  Lovelilly.

I blame Spicy for the anxiety, the rest is probably DE's fault.

You are far from alone, it's beyond boring content and doesn't fit Warframe at all. No idea who came up with the idea of Batman : Slow moving Tenno version.

Makes it hard to even remember the things when you really don't want to be there. Luckily got my sword so don't ever have to do ant of it again. But yes please no more of this.

Archived