Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has old Draco tarnished the MR30 “achievement”?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Has it? From my perspective that’s all MR30 is to me is a patience game. Sit in Hydron/or what was old Draco and level. And the Draco exploit that I never took advantage of has put a tarnish on it.  I personally think the completion of all nodes and quests should have the same title/merit  of “True Master” . Those who have completed all quests and nodes should have similar rewards as MR30 players.  

So farming all the blueprints, standing/rank prerequisites, relics/traces, and resources as well as all of the time spent (even on Draco) ranking it all is equal to something players should have cleared in a couple months, if even, at a casual pace? Yeah no.

It depends on how you approach Mastery. Everyone plays the game differently and interprets goals differently. Some people only want the highest rank because it's a rank, and they don't mind selling weapons they won't use. Some people only enjoy trading and will just go for more daily trades and leave most weapons alone. Me? I own atleast one copy of every equipment with a Forma'd build on it (unfortunately not all optimized yet due to the ever-changing game and many weapons not being ones I use much).

I like Mastery Rank as it is. I know a lot of people don't and talk about how it means nothing or it doesn't represent anything. That's all just interpretation. You make of the game what you want considering there is no endgame or end goal.

not really. while I don't really use power-levelling spots myself - I'm not keen on repeating the exact same mission over and over, probably because I do that anyway when grinding certain things - I'd argue that if you're dedicated enough to invest the time in a power-levelling spot to level everything, then you still deserve the reward, the only thing you lose out on is the fun you might have had doing other things instead.

besides, the old "Draco Babies" as we used to call them (what's the term for Hydron users?) ended up losing out in other ways: they would often find themselves knowing less about the rest of the game, and not having all that much experience outside of that one node. sure, you could still just pull up a wiki, but I've found if you have the patience to read wikis in full, you're probably patient enough to level items without using power-levelling spots or cheese methods like sleepquinox.

at the end of the day, people can do what they want, MR is just a number.. but I'm still gonna act and feel like the biggest cheese that ever cheesed for a few mins after I pass my MR30 test, because why the hell shouldn't I?

4 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Those who have completed all quests and nodes should have similar rewards as MR30 players.  

Totally disagree. Maybe if you said those who have completed all focus schools, steel path nodes, and maxed all standing with all syndicates except conclave/ventkids it'd make sense, but just completing the derpy stuff is standard. 

Taking on the Profit Taker, Eidolon Hydrolysts or bosses solo is a huge achievement and worthy of some rewards which you get in the form of articula & assorted power-based rewards (arcane repair, Lockdown, Hildryn, amps, etc). There is something to be said about being MR30 at this current point. Only right now is it an achievement because you had to have been present for every seasonal conflict and able to reap their rewards and be a loyal fan watching streams and tennocon to be MR30 today.

In the coming months as more gear is unlocked, it'll be cheapened by the ability to sidestep some things and prioritize easier-to-get new things. For example you MUST have completed the entire Steel Path, all Railjack Nodes and max Railjack intrinsics to be MR30 right now. If not, you need to achieve more to qualify. Once more things come out it'll slowly become less and less relevant that you max all K-drives, amps, complete SP, etc because the new MR will make up the difference. 

To your point, MR doesn't matter. All I did was sweat weapons I don't care about and level them up- which took no skill. Only when they added Steel Path and Railjack into the mix did it turn into a "you gotta be good tho" situation. Even that has a half-life, and by this point that kind of thing should be annoying at worst, not particularly difficult. 

The ultimate flex in Warframe is having more than 1 maxed focus school, so so so so so many people are above MR20 and only using Zenurik. If you can solo everything, it's admirable for sure. There's really no accurate measure for that, though. 

P.S. No one has used Draco to level in years. I never once did. Today I use Railjack to level, not even Hydron. 

IDK where ppl get these Hydron/Draco or ESO Memes, in order to acquire all the content to attempt ranking them up, you have to engage virtually all the content in the game, much of it can not be transferred to you. 

Which actual rank 25+ thinks it's just affinity grind? That's the easy part. The hard part is suppressing your inner serial killer for every obscene acquisition or drop rate. 

Completion of all nodes and quests is much more easier and less of an achievement than obtaining and levelling a few hundred pieces of equipment, plus completion of all nodes and Steel Path nodes. Although the latter isn't exactly hard either but it shows a lot more dedication than the former. Especially when you consider some weapons are locked behind events or daily logins or Founder.

Archived