Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it me or the finale of glass maker unfair

(PSN)adachi_2

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

all, if not most of the evidence is on the floor, definitely not above waist-height so if you keep your head down as you wander you'll find it eventually. once you have all the evidence you can do the fight whenever you want as long as you have 5 Resonance. 

for the fight, I found it's best to keep your distance from Nihil as that forces him to fire the glass projectiles you need and he can't use his sword to attack you or destroy the platforms as much: only close in on him when you have a glass "bomb" and there's a platform close to Nihil. if one or both of these aren't available, stay back until you have both the bomb and a good platform. once I figured that out, the fight became easy, was more concerned about running out of floor and falling than of Nihil and his attacks.

I've had clues pop up at eye level or higher in previous "chapters."  The worst one was the Corpus, where a clue popped up on the top shelf of a locker slightly *above* the eye-line of the camera.  I only found it because I'd gotten to the point of hugging the walls and slowly panning the camera up and down over every single pixel.  The only reason I even know what the item *looked* like was because of the 3D model that pops up as you scan the clue.

In this case, one of the clues was the pair of handcuffs.  Which for me were hanging from a pillar *well* above what seems to be head level.  I only finally noticed them at all because I basically cheated and looked at the thread of people posting images of what their clues were and where they found them.

For the fight itself... screw it.  It's one of the worst things DE has designed, and I'm saying that as someone who deeply hates Railjack, Eidolons and the Thumpers.  I'll give them credit though, they manage to exceed the level of failure each time.  Can't get worse than Eidolons?  Here comes Thumpers!

Ah, yes, a game where you have a very specific set of abilities, but none of them matter for the boss fight...
You have guns, but you can't use them...
You have melee, but instead you have to toss glass at other glass... slowly...
And to get to this boss fight, you have to walk around, looking for shiny things... Because bullet jump and running is disabled.

This entire Nightwave is as bad as Scarlet Spear... I actually hate having to play WF forced into a box like this... 

Really not that hard. He might trip you up the first time when you're trying to figure out his mechanic, but it was a first try for me. When you don't have access to your weapons or abilities, that narrowed down a lot of choices you could have and allowed you to easily pick up on what to do pretty quickly because of that.

Not to mention, his moves are all EXTREMELY slow and heavily telegraphed, so as long as you paid attention he'd never hit you.

4 hours ago, Prexades said:

It is a bit annoying because if you fail you have to spend Cephalite again and repeat the damn puzzle you already finished before the boss shows up again.

....why did you do the puzzle all over again for? Just go to his statue to activate his fight.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

for the fight, I found it's best to keep your distance from Nihil as that forces him to fire the glass projectiles you need and he can't use his sword to attack you or destroy the platforms as much

Even easier. Just stand there and watch for his telegraphs. Also makes it so that you're guaranteed to get a glass shard if you stand still while he shoots you so it doesn't fly off into the distance. And all of his attacks are extremely slow and telegraphed so it's practically impossible to get hit.

The fight isn't really hard, just annoying. It's pure RNG if you'll get to progress the fight. Although the attacks are REALLY obvious (seriously bro why is your windup so big on that swing, Nihil?), what isn't really apparently is how you're supposed to progress the fight. I lucked into throwing the projectile at one of the floating crystals. Then you have to hope Nihil's not going to teleport and is actually going to shoot his crystal at you. Then you double jump. Timing it is really weird though, and him rampaging against the environment is really annoying. I will say it's really easy to cheese by intentionally falling into the abyss when you're out of land to jump to.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

I've had clues pop up at eye level or higher in previous "chapters."  The worst one was the Corpus, where a clue popped up on the top shelf of a locker slightly *above* the eye-line of the camera.  I only found it because I'd gotten to the point of hugging the walls and slowly panning the camera up and down over every single pixel.  The only reason I even know what the item *looked* like was because of the 3D model that pops up as you scan the clue.

In this case, one of the clues was the pair of handcuffs.  Which for me were hanging from a pillar *well* above what seems to be head level.  I only finally noticed them at all because I basically cheated and looked at the thread of people posting images of what their clues were and where they found them.

For the fight itself... screw it.  It's one of the worst things DE has designed, and I'm saying that as someone who deeply hates Railjack, Eidolons and the Thumpers.  I'll give them credit though, they manage to exceed the level of failure each time.  Can't get worse than Eidolons?  Here comes Thumpers!

For me the handcuffs spawned under the spawn point for me, and I had to really finagle the camera just to see them through the crystals.

My issue with the boss fight is that he would regularly just stop throwing things.  Every time he'd teleport to me I'd jump away, and he'd respond by either teleporting right back close to me, or first to the opposite side, and then right next to me.  Eventually he'd throw a couple shards, and then just play keep away until they timed out.  I was actually worried that I was going to run out of platforms because he just kept destroying them instead of tossing shards.

The fight sucked. It was not fun nor challenging. Just annoying. The glass throw is very woobly. It is really anti climactic when I have weaponry to wipe out armies and I am stuck throwing glass in... glass limbo? I got the stuff. I will never do this fight again.

This whole NW is just... bad. From the glassed enemies to the investigation to a really bad boss fight. DE, please, keep it simple, and roll out the damn NW every 4 month.

The fight isn't hard, but it is annoying AF! The key is you have to be fairly quick at it so he doesn't destroy all the platforms. Take too long and he will make the fight very difficult.

One thing I found made things a fair amount easier is if you get hit by his glass just fall off of the platforms ASAP instead of trying to jump away in slow motion, otherwise he will one shot you before you can jump away.

Also, if you're trying to throw the glass at him make sure you're not too far away since they do have travel time, otherwise he will teleport away before it hits him. 

I managed to finish it on my first try, but he did manage to kill me twice before I got the hang of it and took him down fairly fast. 

2 hours ago, QuasarWolf said:

every form of oneshot is just bad

more like just an outright sign of laziness on the part of developers..  

2 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

why did you do the puzzle all over again for? Just go to his statue to activate his fight.

because its activating the statue that uses the cephalite and you cant just skip to the boss fight

Oh yeah, add to the fact that this fight deletes your chat window entirely...  

I'll give credit to Nihil being an actual threat by killing us with one swing from the Vitrica, since it's properly telegraphed (not sure about the hitboxes). He shouldn't be a complete pushover. Additionally, it could help make the colors of the Evidence Shards more apparent to the player on which Shard they need to shatter (Grey ones over the blue ones it seems).

Aside from that, I don't understand how people can deem the fight "unfair" since we're in his territory. The fight doesn't drag as long as either Exploiter or the Ropalolyst, while again capitalizing speed and mobility. But I guess it's the duality of the community.

2 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

I'll give credit to Nihil being an actual threat by killing us with one swing from the Vitrica, since it's properly telegraphed (not sure about the hitboxes). He shouldn't be a complete pushover. Additionally, it could help make the colors of the Evidence Shards more apparent to the player on which Shard they need to shatter (Grey ones over the blue ones it seems).

Aside from that, I don't understand how people can deem the fight "unfair" since we're in his territory. The fight doesn't drag as long as either Exploiter or the Ropalolyst, while again capitalizing speed and mobility. But I guess it's the duality of the community.

It's your digital self. Like the Octavia mission. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

My issue with the boss fight is that he would regularly just stop throwing things.  Every time he'd teleport to me I'd jump away, and he'd respond by either teleporting right back close to me, or first to the opposite side, and then right next to me.  Eventually he'd throw a couple shards, and then just play keep away until they timed out.  I was actually worried that I was going to run out of platforms because he just kept destroying them instead of tossing shards.

This has been my issue with the fight. I've fought him 4 times and each time I run out of platforms because he wont drop bombs and if he does, they get yeeted behind me. 

1 hour ago, _Tormex_ said:

I have two things to say on this topic:

1. Why can't my warframe throw in a straight line?

2. Don't try and kill Nihil for the first time at 2:30 in the morning on 6 hours of sleep. Real bad idea.

I have found you, at last.. my Mood Kindred!  *gratuitous space-crying*

8 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

the boss fight was great for my point of view, truly warframe "community" cant take any little challenge.

Ofcourse "community" can take a challenge u just goted confused with difficulty with not knowing what to do cuz the first time ur doing it u  don't even know how to damage him while nora is just telling a address and my biggest gripe u dont even get captura for the place nihil is

13 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Unfair.   more like #*!%ing impossible

the fight against Nihil.   nothing makes sense..  everything stops spawning after you throw the first glass..   anyone who claims to have completed it must have used an exploit

It bugged out for me a few times. He just stops throwing glass completely and I'm left scratching me head on how to beat him. After 3 times I made it though with out him bugging out 

In my opinion it is not unfair but new players whom met with the game recently and managed to reach the boss fight puzzle will struggle with it. I failed my first attempt so I will try to redo today. Just one question, you can reduce his protection, if you shot the symbols first then later Nihil? 

Because it seemed me a bit bugged when I tried to throw the glass back.

Archived