Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it me or the finale of glass maker unfair

(PSN)adachi_2

15 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Jumping from floating platform to floating platform is not parkour based, it's more Jet Set Willy based.

Mind you, as he throws things at you that you have to jump to avoid maybe it's more Donkey Kong based?

Using the movement options to get around a maze or building, fine. Jumpity jump on floaty platforms, not fine at all.

OMG....Jet Set Willy

What a game

*** Spectrum 48k flashbacks InTeNsIfY ***

I had an Amstrad cpc464, came with a green screen monitor and a built in tape deck.  Thought I was the absolute dogs danglies  

29 minutes ago, Kimmena said:

In my opinion it is not unfair but new players whom met with the game recently and managed to reach the boss fight puzzle will struggle with it. I failed my first attempt so I will try to redo today. Just one question, you can reduce his protection, if you shot the symbols first then later Nihil? 

Because it seemed me a bit bugged when I tried to throw the glass back.

No it's not a bug

16 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

the boss fight was great for my point of view, truly warframe "community" cant take any little challenge.

I am always amused by the forums whining about the game being too easy.   Then the second any skill challenge at all is attempted the very same people whine about it being unplayable due to impossible difficulty.

Like that guy who hates revenant,  He's in this thread, has whined about the game being too easy, and is in here whining about the quiz and fight being impossibly difficult.  Because for the quiz there is a glowing bit that references the pattern you need to remember.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I had an Amstrad cpc464

So did I. Happy, more innocent days.

Anyway, Nihil - I died several times, there was one set I've got him down and I fall off the platform (as he destroys so many) and when I respawn, the sword came down and I was dead before I even knew he was attacking. Random death, no thank you. 1-shot death is bad enough, this is worse. He does the same with the glass - respawn and often you're  instantly slowed. Its feeble, frustrating and a totally annoying fight.

There's players here saying "just dodge", lol. to his swipe? If you dodge a little to avoid his overhead attack, he still takes you, and the platform, out.

And of course, you can;t just throw the glass to take down a health bar as it only stripped a third off, so that's 9 good hits with the glass (which is hard to do if you're not right up close), and at least 3 hits with the glass on the evidence bubbles (as I 'm sure we all remember what evidence there was from NW1 crime scene 6 months ago)(and no, I'm not doing the nauseau-inducing crime scenes again just to find out)

43 minutes ago, Klaeljanu said:

I am always amused by the forums whining about the game being too easy.   Then the second any skill challenge at all is attempted the very same people whine about it being unplayable due to impossible difficulty.

Like that guy who hates revenant,  He's in this thread, has whined about the game being too easy, and is in here whining about the quiz and fight being impossibly difficult.  Because for the quiz there is a glowing bit that references the pattern you need to remember.

Half of his whining is true there is no difficulty kinda it's only true if ur a veteran cuz I see these mother fckers  taking on lvl 9999 like its nothing 

I picked up on the mechanics and what to do right away.  Did enjoy the slight challenge but failed after 14 minutes because the glass throwing is fundamentally broken.  Standing still, right in front of the evidence shards and nope, passes right through almost Every. Single. Time.

Took well over 10 attempts before glass would even damage the boss, even when he stood still and just glared at me.  It took jumping at his face and throwing the glass point blank before it would cause damage.  Once his health was just below half, that suddenly stopped working.  Ugh.

On 2020-10-27 at 9:08 PM, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Unfair.   more like #*!%ing impossible

the fight against Nihil.   nothing makes sense..  everything stops spawning after you throw the first glass..   anyone who claims to have completed it must have used an exploit

The fight was annoying, yes, but it wasn't anywhere near this bad.  An exploit?  What about this fight would even make you think you needed an exploit to beat it?  It wasn't even difficult, it was just confusing at first, then mechanically annoying.

Now that I've done it I feel qualified to comment. It took me about 8 goes and a read of the forums to get it right.

The fight is a pain, the key bit of it for me was keeping my distance so that he throws glass rather than using his sword.

I had most of it figured out the first time I tried but that last nugget was the bit that made the fight do-able.

Archived