Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 30 Test

B4HEK

So, i completed it, in 12 tries... It was just horrible... Lotus wanted me to SURVIVE, but that`s not the problem... The problem is, there aren`t enough of oxygen if you try to complete it as excalibur... Any mob can be killed, the main thing is time to kill... 11 tries failed because of that. BUT... Octavia just cheesed that test with 100% life support. Now, there are 3 options:

1)Excalibur desperately needs rework.

2)I am screwed noob, who don`t know how to play as excal after 3000+ hours maining him.

3)MR30 test should be a little more opened to ALL frames, not only the invisible/nuking ones and those who deal percental damage.

Now, MR30 noob said what he wanted to.

Welllll, I can assure you that you can beat the test with just using excalibur and standard equipment.
Here the "you did the thing, congratulation!" endscreen after finishing it with excalibur p
(had my Braton, Lato & Skana as weapons, but mostly used his 4th ability, but in no way at all a "perfect" build for it):
giphy.gif
(low quality. ignore the text, that's just german language)

However, I totally agree with you that the test should be a little bit more open for other Warframes. 
The overall enemy oxygen-drop is (at least when I did the test) somewhat lower compared to normal missions...and it was REALLY close at the end. 
How close? This close:
Warframe.x64_dLS2IeGRw8.png
(right before I hit the last o2-pillar to finish the test. Basically says "Phase 5 of 5, all bosses killed. Oxygen Supply left: 1. 0 and it would have been over xD)
While panic and "living on the edge" are sometimes a nice feeling to push the player a little closer to the limit...this was not the case this time.
There were a few moments where I just had to watch the oxygen-number getting lower&lower while i was killing all the enemys in sight.

TL&DR:
It is possible to do with a "normal" loadout....However, like in the overall game some Warframes are better for certain types of situations/mission.
With a few changes (e.g. sliiiightly higher enemy-o2-drop-rate, oxygen-pillars could spawn closer to the player) the mastery test could feel more fair while still being difficult enough to master.

cheers,
Fabpsi~ 

1 hour ago, B4HEK said:

excalibur

Theres your problem lol. 

In my opinion, not ALL missions in the game should be "easy" with any warframe. Thats why they have such varied abilities, one for each situation. 

Also, yes, I think Excal could use rework too. I always found him the most boring warframe in terms of his abilities. 

20 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Theres your problem lol. 

In my opinion, not ALL missions in the game should be "easy" with any warframe. Thats why they have such varied abilities, one for each situation. 

Also, yes, I think Excal could use rework too. I always found him the most boring warframe in terms of his abilities. 

could not agree more or less, rework inc when? :) maybe start playing more excal then.

Did the test with Xaku and had no trouble whatsoever. Tried it once in practice mode, cleared first try, then once for real and cleared first try. 

I feel like using Excal for this test is less than ideal due to his AOE clearing ability being less than ideal. You just need really high AOE clearing ability to do this without much issue. The life support issue is negated if you're clearing the required number of enemies in like 10 seconds.

I did this test with an Atlas with zero difficulty, and without using his abilities.  I mostly went with Atlas to avoid any CC (though you can replace atlas with practically any frame running primed sure footed), and since most tests restrict gear wheel usage I don't even consider abilities outside of frame passives.  Though if I was even lazier I could have brought Inaros Prime.
It really depends on the weapons you bring and how quickly you can move around and kill them.

I just used a Tipedo Prime (without Riven) and just easily wiped the floor with everything, only using one little "trick" to deal with some of the boss enemies (namely the Nox though it took care of a few bombards as well): If an enemy is sent rocketing off the map it counts as a kill.  Basic staff combos lift enemies and then you can just meteor-smash them over the edge and kill them in a few hits.
Just send the big guys over the edge, keep up your combos and you should have more than enough life support to keep you going.

Sure are some frames going to handle it better?  Definitely.
Is the test too difficult or unfair if you aren't one of those frames?  I would heavily disagree.

Even with zero ability usage (which I just found out the test allows spamming of energy pads which makes this one of the easier tests IMHO) its not hard to clear out the normal mobs and the "boss" enemies fast enough that oxygen doesn't become a problem as long as your gear is up to snuff....which lets be perfectly honest isn't the hardest thing to get done.

On 2020-10-27 at 5:46 PM, B4HEK said:

1)Excalibur desperately needs rework.

2)I am screwed noob, who don`t know how to play as excal after 3000+ hours maining him.

3)MR30 test should be a little more opened to ALL frames, not only the invisible/nuking ones and those who deal percental damage.

I don't think its any of these.
The test can be done with any frame; provided its built right; and without any abilities

The problem seems to be either:
A) You couldn't move around fast enough to the groups of enemies
B) Your gear wasn't strong enough to kill fast enough

MR30 test is perfectly fine...if a bit on the easy side since you can spam energy pads and such.  You don't need to be invisible, you don't need to have nuke abilities, and you don't need percentile damage.
You just need a solid melee weapon and a good grasp on mobility....which honestly solves 90% of any situation you come across in warframe.

If you, with the abilities, arsenal, and experience you've attained on the way to to MR30, cannot figure out a way to complete the MR30 test, then you don't deserve the title yet. Plain and simple. 

An MR30 would be able to use what they've attained to solve that test. 

I entered it with no clue of what I was getting into. I went in and tried it, and by phase 3 I knew I needed a strategy bc I was not keeping up with the life support. It definitely, in the moment, had me thinking "Damn. How does anyone do this?", but I sat down and thought it through. I thought "What was I lacking?" What did I need to succeed?" Within minutes I had a strategy. I tried it. It worked, but it could use some further fine tuning to make it more guaranteed. I made two adjustments and knew I was ready. Today, I was ready and went to do it. I passed with flying colors. Why? Because I used all I had learned, the arsenal I had, and applied it. Figure out what you're lacking. Make a strategy. Try it. Adapt. 

In other words: Fail, learn, adapt, overcome. 

You shouldn't need our help to guide you. No true MR30 should need to watch a video on it either. Figure it out yourself and you'll prove you deserve the rank of True Master. It'd be offensive if DE set the bar low. We're better than that. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

You shouldn't need our help to guide you. No true MR30 should need to watch a video on it either. Figure it out yourself and you'll prove you deserve the rank of True Master. It'd be offensive if DE set the bar low. We're better than that. 

So a "no true Scotsman" fallacy, then? And here I thought you were just looking to brag.

On 2020-10-28 at 12:24 AM, B4HEK said:

So, i`m a newbie, after all)) Thanks pall, gonna go cry in my pillow.

Nah mate.

I'm guessing that the way you play Excal is shaped by your years of play on him, which would normally be fine for most things in the game because you can approach them in a more free-form way.

The Test, however, has specific conditions to meet that require optimised methods of play (as well as optimised builds). I'm not far off 30, myself, and I'm going to be trying it with my Zephyr to see if I'm up to scratch.

The point I'm making is that... rather than you being a noob and failing because you don't know how to play, you're failing because you're a veteran and stuck in your ways.

I already wrote that i completed MR30 test... The problem is i couldn't do it as my most "mastered" frame, because the test itself requires stupidly OP frames/weapons to complete... My zaw which was shown can completely obliterate anything, but not in 10+ meters area as some polearms/frames.

9 часов назад, BahamutKaiser сказал:

You have access to all equipment in the game, and you want the final trial out of 30 to be a universal Frame cake walk

Exactly, because you know what? MR doesn`t show anything... I can deal stupidly big amounts of damage to single targets, but not to crowd in one hit\shot.

The MR30 test requires you to use broken weapons\weapon synergies(like nukor kuva + condition overload)\frames or pray to RNGesus so the "bosses" could spawn closer to you\mobs could drop little more capsules with O2. Just as Fabpsi has shown:

В 28.10.2020 в 03:17, Fabpsi сказал:

However, I totally agree with you that the test should be a little bit more open for other Warframes. 
The overall enemy oxygen-drop is (at least when I did the test) somewhat lower compared to normal missions...and it was REALLY close at the end. 
How close? This close:
Warframe.x64_dLS2IeGRw8.png
(right before I hit the last o2-pillar to finish the test. Basically says "Phase 5 of 5, all bosses killed. Oxygen Supply left: 1. 0 and it would have been over xD)
While panic and "living on the edge" are sometimes a nice feeling to push the player a little closer to the limit...this was not the case this time.
There were a few moments where I just had to watch the oxygen-number getting lower&lower while i was killing all the enemys in sight.

Look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTLGSp3rkT4

guy with EXCALIBUR completed the test, but it wasn`t Excal itself, it was broken zaw-nikana completing this BS.

Another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNTxIAENcQ4

Nyx and Kronen prime... How do you think, which part of equipment was the most used during the test? Squishy Nyx or broken prime weapon?

And if someone willing to say that my weapon for the test wasn`t broken enough, i can assure you allQ1Q8CsC.jpg

It is broken enough, to kick a**es of single heavy targets, not the crowds of tiny mobs...

I always failed the test on last nox, hovewer, i could turn him into mince or throw him out of the map, BUT could it solve my problem with 1% of life support remaining?

After all, the game is called Warframe, doesn`t that mean that WARFRAME should be used to complete final test? (Octavia, i am looking at you)

1XhWZgA.jpg

Just completed this nonsense... Do you know how i did that? I used FREAKIN RESOURCE DROP BOOSTER for O2. (joking)

I am so mastered at this game that i found a way to complete this challenge... From 7 try.

But what about trinity, mag etc?

6 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

So a "no true Scotsman" fallacy, then? And here I thought you were just looking to brag.

Not looking to brag. Looking to explain how I did it. As for the ideology, that is literally what the MR test IS. It's where your Tenno, and your Tenno alone, figures out how you prove you deserve the rank. That is literally what it is in lore. It's not a fallacy. It's the exact reason these tests exists: To prove you deserve the title. MR30 is specifically one where you truly should need 0 help, because you are literally proving that YOU are a True Master. Don't turn this into something it isn't. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

To prove you deserve the title.

Which you prove by having stuff, which you get in large part from spending money. Say, do you know who the first people are who get to be MR30? The people who spent money 14 years ago. Trying excuse video game balance by attempting to foist real-world ideology onto it is not particularly convincing, I must say.

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

Which you prove by having stuff, which you get in large part from spending money. Say, do you know who the first people are who get to be MR30? The people who spent money 14 years ago. Trying excuse video game balance by attempting to foist real-world ideology onto it is not particularly convincing, I must say.

Drama Reaction GIF by Selena Gomez

I must have gone through a time portal or something because I didn't play the game 14 years ago and somehow I am MR30. 

40 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I must have gone through a time portal or something because I didn't play the game 14 years ago and somehow I am MR30. 

I didn't say "the only" people, merely "the first." And incidentally, that's a line I lifted off of what Scott and Rebecca said on the last Dev Stream. My broader point what that trying to argue how MR30 is a test of anything beyond our inventory is silly. I could have probably let it go, but I find the whole self-congratulatory "I beat it easily! You're not a TRUE MR30 player if you need help!" mentality silly altogether.

Archived