Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 30 Test

B4HEK

8 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I didn't say "the only" people, merely "the first." And incidentally, that's a line I lifted off of what Scott and Rebecca said on the last Dev Stream. My broader point what that trying to argue how MR30 is a test of anything beyond our inventory is silly. I could have probably let it go, but I find the whole self-congratulatory "I beat it easily! You're not a TRUE MR30 player if you need help!" mentality silly altogether.

I agree it is silly. But elitism is going to exist. Best to not be bothered by peoples' inability to separate non-important achievements from important achievements. 

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Which you prove by having stuff, which you get in large part from spending money. Say, do you know who the first people are who get to be MR30? The people who spent money 14 years ago. Trying excuse video game balance by attempting to foist real-world ideology onto it is not particularly convincing, I must say.

I spent literally 0 dollars on this game and yet I had MR30 within a day and a half of availability. The deserving of the title isn't about the gear: it's about knowing how to use it, apply your experience, and adapt. 

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

"I beat it easily! You're not a TRUE MR30 player if you need help!" mentality silly altogether.

Did you miss my entire post. I only beat it easily because I ADAPTED and created a STRATEGY. I failed my first practice run and LEARNED from it. By MR30, you should have the know how to beat the test... hence why the test is the way that it is. 

And yes, I do congratulate myself and anyone who has made it this far. It's been a long time coming. Something I, and many others, have looked forward to for so long. Don't be mad that I'm proud of my achievements that have taken a long time to get. I gave ADVICE that involves how to solve a problem without relying on others. 

So this is very very disappointing for me, I managed to complete this test and went for the very last life support capsule, and while the animation of me sitting down is playing, I got shot and died, respawned and STUCK inside this test without any enemies or life capsules, there is no way for me to complete except to ABORT this mission, and this count as a FAIL for me...

EDIT: After awhile MR updated to 30...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm practicing for this right now and it's really pushing me to my limit (Also Excal because how can I not do this with the one that defined me)

The decay is unreal. And I keep getting caught in animation locks and some enemies just become invincible to exalted blade. The Drones are impossible to see.

Kind of disappointed. I don't expect easy street, but I really don't want to cheese it. That will just diminish the whole thing for me.

https://imgur.com/a/F2EpxEZ

Took me 3 tries, but is doable with Excalibur (Umbra). Never encountered any animation locks, but keep in mind that the boss mobs are sometimes accompanied by a disruption drone that blocks abilities. So your Exalted Blade won't do any damage as long as they are active. The final wave has an Eximus Nox that won't take much damage from your blade either, but a few head shots should do. Good luck.

On 2020-10-29 at 3:52 PM, B4HEK said:

I already wrote that i completed MR30 test... The problem is i couldn't do it as my most "mastered" frame, because the test itself requires stupidly OP frames/weapons to complete... My zaw which was shown can completely obliterate anything, but not in 10+ meters area as some polearms/frames.

Well I'm back. I now join you as an MR 30 player. All I did was build one of the Kuva weapons, the Nukor, for Status, then use that to put a bit of status on everything, then went to town with my old favourite, the Tipedo Prime.

The build was solid, but I don't have rivens for either, and to show that I didn't skew the data much on the weapons, I actually went and did it with my own favourite Zephyr Prime:

Spoiler

EnTSzF6XYAExc4q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Took one practice run, one actual run, and the only other info I had was watching a player demonstrate it online.

So yeah, I'd say that it's more than possible with just about any frame. If I can do it with Zephyr, then the rest of you can do it too ^^

31 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So yeah, I'd say that it's more than possible with just about any frame. If I can do it with Zephyr, then the rest of you can do it too ^^

Likewise, I had to strategise the hard way to do the duty as my trusty Ivara, but after a few experimenting runs to find out what would and wouldn't work, I went full memes in the end, and even did it with a dagger instead of the everyman's melee room-blenders and meta-frames.

20201122232910-1.jpg

Actually messed some things up in the build between practice run successes and being able to do the legit test, since I had to wait for the Arcana update to provide the mastery in between. But it still worked, just cut closer on the last wave.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed the MR30 test as Mesa, after one failed practice and one successful practice (adjusted my strategy).

I think the underlying issue is that because we have a vast number of frames with vastly different styles, no one test can truly satisfy as "true mastery". I'd have preferred a multi-stage test, with each stage being a different objective based on one of the mission styles, with option to switch your equipped frame and weapons between each stage. That way, you could be truly satisfied to have become a True Master, as you've mastered each different style and mission type.

13 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

Should increase enemy spawn rates so less time wasted running around looking for enemies to kill

Part of the test is being able to close the gap in order to dispatch enemies. This can be physical distance, or ranged attacks, but it makes it more than just "stand in one place with a tanky frame while enemies line up to be killed".

10 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Part of the test is being able to close the gap in order to dispatch enemies. This can be physical distance, or ranged attacks, but it makes it more than just "stand in one place with a tanky frame while enemies line up to be killed".

From my experience, its basically just a spam "E" mission for the most part now. Higher spawn rate might at least allow other creative ways to complete the mission.

On 2020-10-28 at 12:46 AM, B4HEK said:

So, i completed it, in 12 tries... It was just horrible...

seriously?

i did one test run at it and got it done 'barely' with one second to spare. the real test i did after that, still with the same loadout but knowing what was going on, and completed it with 20+ seconds to spare (and i even fall down the ditch on time during this and had multiple knockdowns too - so it can be done even better than i did).

of all the test i found this one the best since it had all aspects of the games core-mechanics in it: time-pressure, parkouring and enemies who increase in strength over time.

my guess is, that even though you might be MR30 now, you really suck at tests in general - which is ok, since there are those people who can't operate under pressure (of time or the risk of failure)... it's only human and since you can cirumvent this by getting enough experience (which you did by doing this test 12 times), it's totally ok to leave it this way.

that said, from someone reacing MR30, i would expect the availability of every frame, weapon and companion and the knowledge of using them for the best outcome of a challenge. ofc, all those who only turbo-mastered their way up to MR30 and skipted the 'real' experience with the tools of trade and maybe even put parts of the arsenal into the bin, might have a problem getting this done with their favorite 'meta build' - but this only their own problem in the end, not that of the test itself... and just by looking at kow many player done the test successfully in the first few days it possible to reach MR30, i would say it wasn't extraordinary difficult.

11 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

From my experience, its basically just a spam "E" mission for the most part now. Higher spawn rate might at least allow other creative ways to complete the mission.

If the enemies were denser, that would only encourage people to go the purely melee route with combo counter crit since it would be even easier to keep that going without stopping. It would decrease diversity in getting it done.

sorry, without having read all the answers, my opinion:

1) i don't think it is a problem, that the MR30 test challenges you in a way, so you are "foreced" to try out different frames.

2) yes, it is almost a FACT, that IF you have the possibility of choosing between MANY frames, they all WILL HAVE their strengths and weakspots. 

I totally agree, that the main challenge of the MR30 test is the TIME that you are racing against. The challenge of staying alive is "not" the challenge "at all". So basically, Lotus could just rephrase what she says and the test would be more "understandable", simple as that.

Maybe other players have the problem the other way round, tehy have enough lifesupport, but die to often? Could be!

Questions: 

When you go into a survival mission and intend to stay 1 hour+ , do you take excal?  ..What are the questions you think about?: Survivability? Lifesupportdroprate=mobslaughterratio? OR even both?? ;)

19 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

If the enemies were denser, that would only encourage people to go the purely melee route with combo counter crit since it would be even easier to keep that going without stopping. It would decrease diversity in getting it done.

"purely melee route with combo counter crit" is exactly how I passed the test since "purely melee route with combo counter crit" is pretty much the most efficient and consistent way of both killing many enemies and killing tough enemies when there's a strict time constraint

If there wasn't such a strict time constraint, perhaps other more diverse methods would be used

Playing around with the practice test it seems like the biggest handicaps are that the life support is rng and the bosses spawn on the opposite end of the room and don't drop any life support themselves. 

Like completing it isn't a problem if enough life support drops, but sometimes it just doesn't even when killing scores of enemies. 

• 3 weeks later...

Gimme more salt

I tested it some more times, and can complete it with excal and skana, but sometimes these stupid airpods just don`t drop and i fail...

That test is generally based on RNG, not your "skill", this is not good.

В 10.12.2020 в 23:06, fr4gb4ll сказал:

my guess is, that even though you might be MR30 now, you really suck at tests in general - which is ok, since there are those people who can't operate under pressure (of time or the risk of failure)... it's only human and since you can cirumvent this by getting enough experience (which you did by doing this test 12 times), it's totally ok to leave it this way.

So, perhabs now i should just delete Warframe, because 5K+ hrs (3200+ as Excal) has proven to be giving no real mastery, experience and "skill"... 🤣

В 28.11.2020 в 12:01, Prexades сказал:

Took me 3 tries, but is doable with Excalibur (Umbra). Never encountered any animation locks, but keep in mind that the boss mobs are sometimes accompanied by a disruption drone that blocks abilities. So your Exalted Blade won't do any damage as long as they are active

Nah, he wrote about nullifiers with some enemies around them sometimes becoming invincible for EB. this bug exists in Warframe for 5 years now if i`m not mistaken.

SARYN  REEEEEEEEEE

Honestly, to all people who keep talking: "Oh you are not experienced enough, go train your skill!"

What skill, jumbos?! Pressing 2 buttons and jumping around until everything dies?

Archived