Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

MR 30 Test

21 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

That's always am option. In fact, it's better to learn many frames and become comfortable with them. 

well said, i had to step away from my comfort zone and try frames i barely even used, but after the test im now pretty good with frames i thought i would never use in regular missions, the test is pretty difficult but its also a huge milestone, and it's supposed to be challenging 

Edited by (PSN)willsp282012
wanted to add some comments
  • Like 2

Life support becomes an issue in the later rounds. Beginning with the fourth round. It runs out faster and there's less module drop. The final round has two Frost eximus whose aura stacks AND has infinite range for some odd reason. Rendering movement, attack speed, and cast speed to a crawl. 

The whole test is to like the Lotus just said, only Survive. But falling isn't a fail. Dying isn't a fail. The only way to fail is to run out of life suport. The way how I did the test after failing it 5 times is use a Mirage with a no riven Shedu. Then pull out every single specter I can get my hands on in the game to built a standing army. 

On 2021-01-04 at 12:42 AM, Faulcun said:

No, you both are missing my point all together. Im no slouch at this game. I had no issues killing the enemies. I used to enjoy taking unranked weapons and frames into high level sessions back in the day when a rank 0 weapon meant you had no mod points to apply. Thats why I promised myself id beat it under my own terms, and I did.

no, i rather think YOU are missing the point of the games mastery tests if you do them in a way that YOU want to do - and then expecting them t be a walk in the park...

there is problem in playing like you want to, but if expect that it will go the way you want just because that, you're sadly mistaken. so either change your approach to the problem or get better with your own way (if that is possible at all....).  just imagine trying the MR30 test with unranked stuff - yes, i know you didn't say that you did that but still, it sounds like you expect everything goes your way just because you wants it to do - don't complain about the devs making their game the way they think it would please the majority.

You guys give DE too much credit. There is no deep underlying lesson to learn here. Just another poorly designed mastery test.  I can run 16 rounds of ESO with weapons only, maybe not even consistently. But no, I cannot outpace a saryn.

if DE does some bad fubar with the game, i'm one of the first who will write this here - so no, no quarter given none asked. and what lesson about the game you expect to get at MR30 anyway? tests are only to test what you should already have mastered, not to teach you anything new... just imagine what kind of ѕhitstorm would happen otherwise...

16 EOS with weapon only? i'd like to see that in a video of you single handly doing that and afterward, your explanation (again) why you can't beat the comparable easy MR30 test...

The answer here is not to cheese it with power spam. DE has done nothing to encourage player growth over the years. All they've done is increase power creep to an insane level. And then to see a mastery test where the TTK requirement is so high simply due to a lack of air dops that it ALMOST requires power or melee spam?

sorry, but this statement is getting a bit stale with every time it's being used...

there can't be much 'grow' in game where there is a 'cap-limit' (and multiple so) - the only thing that can improve is ones own skill in playing it, which, i assume, is what you really want to say here but that is no grow per se and you could say that the 'power creep' you're pointing to is also a kind of 'grow' in the players potential arsenal... if it's a good one or not, is totally different thing though but i can't really blame neither the devs for running out of feasible methods (meaning creativly AND technicall and forgetting economical) to improve upon the game mechanic nor can i blame the players to take use of the 'power creep' methods that inevitably pop up over the time to lessen the amount of grind a game like warframe demands. but let keep it fair: you calling it 'insane' is a crass exaggeration when it's just a (not even) linear increase... basically, it's that DE failed in any method of reworking their older armament (and frame abilities too) to the same level of their latest ones (ofc, there are many 'newer' things that are still pretty weak). the main reason for this is likely a simple lack of working power. beside fixing the many bug in the game and developing new contend, balancing will be a even worse workload the longer a game envolve since you always get the conflict of new contend versus old one... and when there are only so-much new things (weapon or skills) that are the basis for new contend, it's more or less inevitable that newer contend will be better (or stronger / more powerfull) than similar ones from before... yes, there are ways to equalize such things but they will likely lead to fundamental changes in the game and are not only expansive to do but also might be technial problematic to create in a game that is already as old as warframe... and then ther eis no guarantee that it would be accepted by the majority of the user (and keep in mind what flamewars even little changes created in the past). riven mod was such an idea DE had to equalize the powercreep and we all know how well that went...

but all this is really beside the point here: you complain about a giving test that can be easily beaten by someone of a MR29 rank, assuming one wasn't stupidly deleting every halfway decent piece of equipment by then. so what if it takes power or melee spamming? not that i would even understand what melee-spam means - either i use it melee for the whole missin or just to bash some crates but that's no spamming. the point here is: use your arsenal to figure a good way to beat the test - nothing more, nothing less. if you go into the test (intentionally or careless), than it's only your own fault not that of the game or that of DE.

I dont know if you guys noticed or not, but there are no ammo drops in that mastery test. You have infinite ammo. Dying or falling off the map also does not fail you. I would argue that the idea behind that particular mastery test all point away from power spam being the intentional goal.

ofc i noticed - and i got into the test with not only my powercreeping melee weapon but also with a secondary kitgun and a primary one that both don't need any ammo supply...

and why? because i not only run the test beforehand to see what i can expect but also because i like using those weapons in normal gameplay too - therefore it was no big deal for me to do this test. it was enjoyable more challenging than other tests before but didn't put a strain on me either. seeing how the test was suppose to be done was the only thing i needed to know to beat it after one testrun, so it wasn't even a big tactical problem to solve just killing the enemies as fst as possible and using the ls-stations not too early... and ofc, not screwing up the little bit of plattforming involved but that part should be mandatory for every player at this point.

as for the question of the MR30 test being the pinnacle for every aspect of the game, i agree that it could have been something else, something that would have involved eveything the game offers: stealth, gunblazing action, tactical approach, vehicles and operator specific parts... but lets be real here: if it would have been something even near that complex of a test there would have been a ѕhitstorm coverring most of north america, the atlantic and most of eurasia too - even if there is only one little part that goes against the liking of a player, complains will rise - as you are a prime example here...

The path of least resistance is never the most rewarding.

blahblahblah... philosophical bullѕhit, really - you get a mission and you do it with the best tools you have at hand... and that's all that is to say about this. if we had nukes available to flatten the whole lot of enemies in this test and if this wouldn't had any negative consequences for us, most of us would use it - morality or philosophy won't get you far in most situations and certainly not in a computergame.

• Like 1
On 2021-01-01 at 10:05 PM, Faulcun said:

I disagree with this. For the last 7 years, ive used the same loadout to do every mastery test since 3 with no practice, no knowledge of what the test is, and succeeding on the first try. Mainly because the tests are relatively easy, require no skill, and are truly mastery of nothing. None of the tests do anything meaningful in advancing the players skills like one would think they should.

I failed this test hard the first go round simply due to running out of air. Using excal/lanka/akbolto/glaive. I also choose not to spam his 4.

I switched to nova/acceltra/viper wraith/glaive prime. Took me a week to finally beat that test on practice. Kept running out of air on the final bosses. I did the test with mesa and completed it on the first try because its super cheese. I certainly wouldnt call it normal.

the same as i told the player above too: flexibility in the choice of your loadout is the main factor to solve the test easy - as you did by cheesing it with mesa.

the goal of the test is to beat it, not to beat it in style... sure, you could try it this way if you want, but then don't go around around complaining about it. if you want to knife your way throught this test, it's your own decision. me, i just want to successfully complete a test and reap the reward for it - and i didn't even need to use a frame with kill-abilities for this one... only an inaros and a heavy blade was enough to do this after one testrun... well, you could say those things and my operator for healing and moving around faster but that is all it took.

5 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

as for the question of the MR30 test being the pinnacle for every aspect of the game, i agree that it could have been something else, something that would have involved eveything the game offers: stealth, gunblazing action, tactical approach, vehicles and operator specific parts... but lets be real here: if it would have been something even near that complex of a test there would have been a ѕhitstorm coverring most of north america, the atlantic and most of eurasia too - even if there is only one little part that goes against the liking of a player, complains will rise - as you are a prime example here...

This is the closest you've gotten to understanding where im coming from. Im not upset at the difficulty. Im upset at the poor design of the test. There is literally no value to the most coveted rank of the game, as every MR test has been thus far. The same people who power level through draco (or whatever) and have no real game experience, breeze through this test and come on here like "bruh, it was easy. I used mesa. Git gud. " The S#&$storm you speak of.... would be primarily coming from those people, IF there was all of a sudden a drastic change in design from the norm. However, if they actually developed MR tests around actually mastering something (and not simply having a lot of equipment) from the beginning, then we wouldnt be having this discussion right now.

5 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

blahblahblah... philosophical bullѕhit, really - you get a mission and you do it with the best tools you have at hand... and that's all that is to say about this. if we had nukes available to flatten the whole lot of enemies in this test and if this wouldn't had any negative consequences for us, most of us would use it - morality or philosophy won't get you far in most situations and certainly not in a computergame.

This is why millennials are ruining the world. With that logic, people should just sleep with their bosses for a promotion rather than doing any actual work.

9 hours ago, Faulcun said:

There is literally no value to the most coveted rank of the game, as every MR test has been thus far

I think this is where you mis-understand our point of view, then.

DE have confirmed that MR 30 is not the end of our levelling. There will be more weapons, more gear, and more levels beyond. These may be a new system of Mastery, that gives us different rewards for levelling up, but specifically this isn't the end. There will be more tests and more Ranks.

The only thing that this actually achieves, as a harder test than the others, is that it unlocks more rewards than the others.

15 hours ago, Faulcun said:

There is literally no value to the most coveted rank of the game, as every MR test has been thus far.

Actually there is... you do realise there are things that you can't skip with play like you can with sibear, right? Those who had MR30 before Arcana had to:

-Get max Intrinsics in all categories 

-Run base star chart in its entirety 

-Run Steel Path in its entirety. 

-Do Deimos for mechs. This was back when it was bugfest. Still is, but it was nigh unplayable then.

-Build every zaw.

-Farm Cetus and Quill Onkko to level every amp he has. 

-Build every kitgun 

-Max out Little Duck and farm her for amps and frames. 

-Farm Harrow. (I say this for the ones who didn't but him and farmed him on release. It was a nightmare.)

-LEVEL ALL THE K-DRIVES. 😖

-Craft every prime item in the game. (Lot of Orokin Shells)

-Farm Khora (Again... a nightmare to farm.)

-ALL THE kuva lich weapons 

I could go on, but I've made my point. The amount of time and effort MR30s have put in that they can't just skip is insane. For you to downplay that work is honestly extremely disrespectful and ignorant. This has been a goal for many (including myself) for years, and you say there is no value. Not to mention the experience and wisdom that you gain with time by playing the game that long and messing with different stuff. You can then turn that into actual skill and proper knowledge by honing it. You can then (with that knowledge and the new blessing ability) help people both physically (with the bless) and mentally (with your knowledge). The test itself was more challenging than anything before (for the most part) and forced you to adapt. That's something this game forces you to do, and its good the test emphasised that for an MR30 (ya know... when you have basically everything in the game at your disposal and hopefully the experience and know-how to use it).

I hate to bring up your MR cuz I generally dislike it being used, but this time it's relevant. You are MR15. That means you've achieved 562,500 affinity, and it also means you probably haven't realised or thought through all the stuff an MR30 had to do (hence the list). To get to MR30, you need 1,687,500 more affinity-triple what you've achieved. You speak from a place where you haven't even gotten close to the work that MR30s are forced to put in nor the strife many of us went through because we had to do our stuff on release (when things are almost undoubtedly soon to be made easier). Go get to MR30 by not getting any of the new stuff from Arcana (it would still be much more of a cakewalk now than it was when the stuff was released) and tell me that work, time, and effort had no value. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

DE have confirmed that MR 30 is not the end of our levelling. There will be more weapons, more gear, and more levels beyond. These may be a new system of Mastery, that gives us different rewards for levelling up, but specifically this isn't the end. There will be more tests and more Ranks.

This is completely irrelevant. DE only announced that there would be more ranks when they released the MR30 test. Up until that point, for the last 7 years, people thought 30 would be it.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Actually there is... you do realise there are things that you can't skip with play like you can with sibear, right? Those who had MR30 before Arcana had to:

-Get max Intrinsics in all categories 

-Run base star chart in its entirety 

-Run Steel Path in its entirety. 

-Do Deimos for mechs. This was back when it was bugfest. Still is, but it was nigh unplayable then.

-Build every zaw.

-Farm Cetus and Quill Onkko to level every amp he has. 

-Build every kitgun 

-Max out Little Duck and farm her for amps and frames. 

-Farm Harrow. (I say this for the ones who didn't but him and farmed him on release. It was a nightmare.)

-LEVEL ALL THE K-DRIVES. 😖

-Craft every prime item in the game. (Lot of Orokin Shells)

-Farm Khora (Again... a nightmare to farm.)

-ALL THE kuva lich weapons 

I could go on, but I've made my point. The amount of time and effort MR30s have put in that they can't just skip is insane. For you to downplay that work is honestly extremely disrespectful and ignorant. This has been a goal for many (including myself) for years, and you say there is no value. Not to mention the experience and wisdom that you gain with time by playing the game that long and messing with different stuff. You can then turn that into actual skill and proper knowledge by honing it. You can then (with that knowledge and the new blessing ability) help people both physically (with the bless) and mentally (with your knowledge). The test itself was more challenging than anything before (for the most part) and forced you to adapt. That's something this game forces you to do, and its good the test emphasised that for an MR30 (ya know... when you have basically everything in the game at your disposal and hopefully the experience and know-how to use it).

I hate to bring up your MR cuz I generally dislike it being used, but this time it's relevant. You are MR15. That means you've achieved 562,500 affinity, and it also means you probably haven't realised or thought through all the stuff an MR30 had to do (hence the list). To get to MR30, you need 1,687,500 more affinity-triple what you've achieved. You speak from a place where you haven't even gotten close to the work that MR30s are forced to put in nor the strife many of us went through because we had to do our stuff on release (when things are almost undoubtedly soon to be made easier). Go get to MR30 by not getting any of the new stuff from Arcana (it would still be much more of a cakewalk now than it was when the stuff was released) and tell me that work, time, and effort had no value. 

No, there WERE things you couldnt skip. How about now? There will always be more content, and we'll be "cool" for two weeks until more content is released. As of now, completing 100% of the content is no longer a requirement for MR30. Hell, im only 90k away from MR31 or Legendary 1 or whatever they are going to call it.

I also dont understand your last paragraph. I feel like you are talking to somebody else. Im MR30, not 15, and i still feel there is no value to MR30 other than the recognition that ive spent a massive amount of time farming or a massive amount of money on stuff.  Mastery of anything at all, other than the literal sense of leveling equipment from 0 to 30, is not a requirement to reach MR30, which is massively disappointing.

Edited by Faulcun
5 hours ago, Faulcun said:

ive spent a massive amount of time farming or a massive amount of money on stuff. 

And that doesn't have value? Or the knowledge you gain along the way?

5 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Im MR30, not 15,

Profiles are bugged (shocker), so I saw you were MR15. 

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

And that doesn't have value? Or the knowledge you gain along the way?

Not if the only requirement to completing a mastery test is the mere collection of equipment, If enough money was spent, could somebody theoretically reach MR30 in 30 days? I believe the answer is yes, or damn close to it.

The only knowledge gained along the way is due to an active effort from the player, rather than encouraged and nurtured by game progression. Mastery rank has no representation of player experience or skill. I would happily pick a MR20 player for a high level mission who is working hard making use of all his powers, striving for headshots, and jumping/dodging over a power leveled mr30 player using meta builds pulled from some website.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Faulcun said:

This is completely irrelevant. DE only announced that there would be more ranks when they released the MR30 test. Up until that point, for the last 7 years, people thought 30 would be it.

And? What's your point?

The announcement just proved that, no matter the hype you and others made for it, DE had no idea and don't consider it anything really special.

It's a mile-stone, yes, but the difficulty of the test is purely representative of the rewards for the test. All you got for everything you did before was minimum increases, and they were easy because of it. For this one you actually gain something, so it's more difficult.

It does not, in any way, need to be representative of more of the game, or any of the other lofty goals you want to attribute it to.

The MR30 test is just a test like any other. And your own pre-conceptions don't figure into that.

Everyone talking about Mesa, Octavia, Saryn... No love for my poor Mag. I did it with Mag! It took me a few tries because I wanted to experiment stuff and see what could I do and what couldn't.

I tried several frames, to see what they were capable of (and because I refused to use the usual mass murdering frames for the sake of the challenge) and it helped me realize where was I lacking with those frames.

The test is challenging, and that's good. Because it will force you to know very well the frame you are playing. It's not just a matter of having played the game for a long time but also of knowing what you are doing. After messing around with some frames and builds, I decided it was time to do it and used Mag. I honestly wasn't expecting that throwing enemies of the map would count them as kills. Specially the bosses. Pull trivialized them and Magnetize made most enemies harmless.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

And? What's your point?

The announcement just proved that, no matter the hype you and others made for it, DE had no idea and don't consider it anything really special.

It's a mile-stone, yes, but the difficulty of the test is purely representative of the rewards for the test. All you got for everything you did before was minimum increases, and they were easy because of it. For this one you actually gain something, so it's more difficult.

It does not, in any way, need to be representative of more of the game, or any of the other lofty goals you want to attribute it to.

The MR30 test is just a test like any other. And your own pre-conceptions don't figure into that.

My point is, MR30 IS a significant milestone based on the preconceptions of the entire community up until about a month ago. DE doesnt consider anything special because its a money game to them. But thats their deal, and so be it. SO, now it is a test just like any other.

You give DE too much credit. There is no thought about the bigger picture in these tests. Chances are, its a side task for somebody to complete while the teams work on something more significant to generate revenue.

2 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

But thats their deal,

It's also their game.

2 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

You give DE too much credit. There is no thought about the bigger picture in these tests.

And no, I do the opposite. I not only know they don't give any thought to these, I say so in many places.

MR is, and always has been, a 'stuff' counter. It doesn't matter unless it's convenience for day-to-day behind the scenes numbers, like your mod points or your Standing limits. Once you have MR 14 or so, there's absolutely no drive to go higher unless you're genuinely that bored, or are a long-term player like me that just rides the wave of new things and the new weapons/frames are literally a week or two's idle diversion.

DE have never, and will never, put thought into the MR tests, and that's precisely why the only difference between this one and any other is that specific balance of 'it's harder because of the rewards'.

They literally said 'oh, we'll throw in things like Umbral Forma and the Relay Blessing to make it seem special' and then chose a test that was proportionally more difficult than the previous. With no consideration for you, or anyone else, the hype, the expectations, the preconceptions, none of it.

Because none of those matter to them.

And so, your whole point that this test should be something better thought out? That this test should actually mean something?

Nope. It doesn't mean anything, not to them. So it never will.

On 2021-01-06 at 2:24 AM, Faulcun said:

This is the closest you've gotten to understanding where im coming from. Im not upset at the difficulty. Im upset at the poor design of the test. There is literally no value to the most coveted rank of the game, as every MR test has been thus far. The same people who power level through draco (or whatever) and have no real game experience, breeze through this test and come on here like "bruh, it was easy. I used mesa. Git gud. " The S#&$storm you speak of.... would be primarily coming from those people, IF there was all of a sudden a drastic change in design from the norm. However, if they actually developed MR tests around actually mastering something (and not simply having a lot of equipment) from the beginning, then we wouldnt be having this discussion right now.

sure, but for that to happen it's a bit too late - 8 years too late, if not more.

i'm not arguing about the 'lack' of design in the tests, that could indeed have been better done into something like a unique mini-quest like we had for the 'introduction' of our operator (even though a lot of people hated that quest, i found it well done for its intention).

in comparison to the other 29 mastery tests though, the MR30 was neither more difficult to do nor was it worse of in puncto design... i know that people complained about every single MR-test we got since the dawn of time, but doing it now after the (seemingly) last one of them is a bit like eating a whole meal to the last crumb and only then complaining about its 'lack of taste' to the cook or waiter... me, i always looked at them as necessary evil to get the requirements and/or rewards for a higher rank - i never really looked forward to do them (which is indeed sad and due to the rather boring nature of them) but i neither damned them to hell for hindering me or for wasting my time (too much). in any case, i found them a still better alternative than just getting the MR upped without anything to do for it (like in many other games that are not some RPG where you have to distribute lvl-up points and only get 'stronger' in way of health, energy or similar things).

11 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Not if the only requirement to completing a mastery test is the mere collection of equipment,

I still think the time you put in to level the stuff is worth something. Yes, eventually you will be able to buy enough in the market to reach MR30 without farming a thing, but that won't he for a while (years). You'll still have to get resources for primes you buy. For a while as well you'll still have to do a combination of kuva weapons, SP, or Intrinsics. Eventually, SP and Intrinsics will not be needed, but that'll be awhile.  As of now, and for the next years, buying from the market purely for MR30 will not be possible. If you count them farming for resources for the primes they buy, then sure, it'll be avaliable much sooner. In that case though, they are still farming stuff. So in the end, yes, eventually  (years down the line), MR30 will have no value at all by your standards because you don't put stock in the leveling time and someone can just buy their way to MR30 (which literally no one does that unless it's for youtube content).

If enough money was spent, could somebody theoretically reach MR30 in 30 days? I believe the answer is yes, or damn close to it.

No. Maybe you could get to MR26 or MR27? (I'll find the exact answer for you cuz I'm curious myself) Not in 30 days though, unless you aren't sleeping for 30 days straight. Still don't think it's possible even then. Affinity gain is too slow (even with a booster and blessing). I could see someone getting to MR19/MR20 in 30 days though. 

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's also their game.

And no, I do the opposite. I not only know they don't give any thought to these, I say so in many places.

MR is, and always has been, a 'stuff' counter. It doesn't matter unless it's convenience for day-to-day behind the scenes numbers, like your mod points or your Standing limits. Once you have MR 14 or so, there's absolutely no drive to go higher unless you're genuinely that bored, or are a long-term player like me that just rides the wave of new things and the new weapons/frames are literally a week or two's idle diversion.

DE have never, and will never, put thought into the MR tests, and that's precisely why the only difference between this one and any other is that specific balance of 'it's harder because of the rewards'.

They literally said 'oh, we'll throw in things like Umbral Forma and the Relay Blessing to make it seem special' and then chose a test that was proportionally more difficult than the previous. With no consideration for you, or anyone else, the hype, the expectations, the preconceptions, none of it.

Because none of those matter to them.

And so, your whole point that this test should be something better thought out? That this test should actually mean something?

Nope. It doesn't mean anything, not to them. So it never will.

I agree with everything except the premise that just because the test doesnt matter we should give up and move on. Just because they dont care or dont have any consideration doesnt mean we are wrong for voicing our opinions in an attempt to hold their feet to the fire.

1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

sure, but for that to happen it's a bit too late - 8 years too late, if not more.

i'm not arguing about the 'lack' of design in the tests, that could indeed have been better done into something like a unique mini-quest like we had for the 'introduction' of our operator (even though a lot of people hated that quest, i found it well done for its intention).

in comparison to the other 29 mastery tests though, the MR30 was neither more difficult to do nor was it worse of in puncto design... i know that people complained about every single MR-test we got since the dawn of time, but doing it now after the (seemingly) last one of them is a bit like eating a whole meal to the last crumb and only then complaining about its 'lack of taste' to the cook or waiter... me, i always looked at them as necessary evil to get the requirements and/or rewards for a higher rank - i never really looked forward to do them (which is indeed sad and due to the rather boring nature of them) but i neither damned them to hell for hindering me or for wasting my time (too much). in any case, i found them a still better alternative than just getting the MR upped without anything to do for it (like in many other games that are not some RPG where you have to distribute lvl-up points and only get 'stronger' in way of health, energy or similar things).

I dont know about you, but ive been complaining about the lack of difficulty in mastery tests since i started playing. Maybe difficulty is the wrong word. The mastery tests should be more "focused" on actually mastering things. In fact, I think powers should be disabled in the majority of tests anyways.

55 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I still think the time you put in to level the stuff is worth something. Yes, eventually you will be able to buy enough in the market to reach MR30 without farming a thing, but that won't he for a while (years). You'll still have to get resources for primes you buy. For a while as well you'll still have to do a combination of kuva weapons, SP, or Intrinsics. Eventually, SP and Intrinsics will not be needed, but that'll be awhile.  As of now, and for the next years, buying from the market purely for MR30 will not be possible. If you count them farming for resources for the primes they buy, then sure, it'll be avaliable much sooner. In that case though, they are still farming stuff. So in the end, yes, eventually  (years down the line), MR30 will have no value at all by your standards because you don't put stock in the leveling time and someone can just buy their way to MR30 (which literally no one does that unless it's for youtube content).

No. Maybe you could get to MR26 or MR27? (I'll find the exact answer for you cuz I'm curious myself) Not in 30 days though, unless you aren't sleeping for 30 days straight. Still don't think it's possible even then. Affinity gain is too slow (even with a booster and blessing). I could see someone getting to MR19/MR20 in 30 days though. 

I honestly dont think it'll take years.

How about 60 days? 2 months? The only reason its taken us 7 years to get this far is simply due to a lack of content. I suspect the actual time to level everything could be done over... say summer vacation for a school student, or less.

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

doesnt mean we are wrong for voicing our opinions in an attempt to hold their feet to the fire

Glad you agree on that sentiment, but let me point out that this wasn't the argument that OP and others were not, and still are not, making.

If it hadn't taken four pages of replies to get to the agreement, and have made that agreement with the OP... I would consider this a success. As it is, feels a little empty.

How about 60 days? 2 months? The only reason its taken us 7 years to get this far is simply due to a lack of content. I suspect the actual time to level everything could be done over... say summer vacation for a school student, or less.

Amps, Kitguns, Zaws, companions, vandal weapons from ESO, sp, Intrinsics, kuva weapons, etc cannot be bought from the market. It'll take a while to cover all that mastery with stuff that will come out that will be able to be bought in market. 

16 hours ago, Faulcun said:

5 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

It'll take a while to cover all that mastery with stuff that will come out that will be able to be bought in market. 

Fun fact, when MR 19 came out for non-Founders, a few of us actually tested a new account and how long it took to hit max rank.

We found that you could hit MR 18 in only 19 days (18 and a half, actually), due to the 24 hour rank up delay. Since the rank up is delayed to stop people from farming accounts for higher tier rewards quickly and easily, this is probably not going to change.

But we couldn't get to MR 19 until MR 20 came out about six months later due to the rotation of many of the weapons that came from events or were limited by RNG acquisition from specific drop tables. (Note, this was before the Stalker/G3/Zanuka beacons were a thing, so you could only farm these as literal random encounters.)

Even basic things like Primes were impossible to access completely because, no matter how much Plat you had to throw around, the rarest pieces were either not available for Primes that were Vaulted, or the owners of their parts were holding on to them for the market to get better. It took two months just to get all the at-the-time released Primes.

I'm fairly sure that nowadays a dedicated player, with a good clan, could do the same trick and get to maybe MR 24 in 25 days. But they wouldn't be able to hit 30 for exactly the same reason that I mentioned. Some of the things they have to do are gated away as events, some are gated away as Void Trader items, some are gated away as Login Rewards and so on. While Primes are more available, Kuva weapons aren't, and some of the things are even RNG gated, like finding the right Predasite or Vulpaphyla on the Cambion Drift to make a companion.

It's still a long, long slog through, even if we reduce the time for crafting.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Amps, Kitguns, Zaws, companions, vandal weapons from ESO, sp, Intrinsics, kuva weapons, etc cannot be bought from the market. It'll take a while to cover all that mastery with stuff that will come out that will be able to be bought in market. 

14 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Fun fact, when MR 19 came out for non-Founders, a few of us actually tested a new account and how long it took to hit max rank.

We found that you could hit MR 18 in only 19 days (18 and a half, actually), due to the 24 hour rank up delay. Since the rank up is delayed to stop people from farming accounts for higher tier rewards quickly and easily, this is probably not going to change.

But we couldn't get to MR 19 until MR 20 came out about six months later due to the rotation of many of the weapons that came from events or were limited by RNG acquisition from specific drop tables. (Note, this was before the Stalker/G3/Zanuka beacons were a thing, so you could only farm these as literal random encounters.)

Even basic things like Primes were impossible to access completely because, no matter how much Plat you had to throw around, the rarest pieces were either not available for Primes that were Vaulted, or the owners of their parts were holding on to them for the market to get better. It took two months just to get all the at-the-time released Primes.

I'm fairly sure that nowadays a dedicated player, with a good clan, could do the same trick and get to maybe MR 24 in 25 days. But they wouldn't be able to hit 30 for exactly the same reason that I mentioned. Some of the things they have to do are gated away as events, some are gated away as Void Trader items, some are gated away as Login Rewards and so on. While Primes are more available, Kuva weapons aren't, and some of the things are even RNG gated, like finding the right Predasite or Vulpaphyla on the Cambion Drift to make a companion.

It's still a long, long slog through, even if we reduce the time for crafting.

amps, kitguns, and zaws are easy to do, as you are only limited by daily xp limit. Vandal weapons from eso can be traded... if im not mistaken. Steel path can be done in a day or two, They doubled the xp earned for intrinsics after scarlet spear.... so i honestly dont know what that would be like now with a booster. kuva weapons cant be traded, but you can trade the liches that have the weapons.

The only things that i can think of that are truely time locked or unobtainable, are login rewards, some event stuff, and founders stuff, totaling about 48k mastery.

It requires 2,250,000xp to reach MR30. Currently, there is 2,317,002 available xp. Minus the ~48k = 2,269,002. Even if im forgetting a few things, there is 19k xp you can sacrifice to reach MR30 easier. Maybe that means not ranking kuva weapons and mechs past 30, or skipping 3 frames or 6 weapons or whatever.  Like I said, if it cant be done.... it'll be damn close, and certainly within 60 days.

Edited by Faulcun
1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

amps, kitguns, and zaws are easy to do, as you are only limited by daily xp limit. Vandal weapons from eso can be traded... if im not mistaken. Steel path can be done in a day or two, They doubled the xp earned for intrinsics after scarlet spear.... so i honestly dont know what that would be like now with a booster. kuva weapons cant be traded, but you can trade the liches that have the weapons.

The only things that i can think of that are truely time locked or unobtainable, are login rewards, some event stuff, and founders stuff, totaling about 48k mastery.

It requires 2,250,000xp to reach MR30. Currently, there is 2,317,002 available xp. Minus the ~48k = 2,269,002. Even if im forgetting a few things, there is 19k xp you can sacrifice to reach MR30 easier. Maybe that means not ranking kuva weapons and mechs past 30, or skipping 3 frames or 6 weapons or whatever.  Like I said, if it cant be done.... it'll be damn close, and certainly within 60 days.

Your statement involved only buying stuff from market and then leveling it all. That was the premise for my analysis. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Your statement involved only buying stuff from market and then leveling it all. That was the premise for my analysis. 

Where did i say that?