Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 30 Test

B4HEK

3 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Where did i say that?

Uhhh... probably referring to the thing they quoted you on earlier.

On 2021-01-07 at 7:47 AM, Faulcun said:

If enough money was spent, could somebody theoretically reach MR30 in 30 days?

No matter how much money you spend, the 30-in-30 is not going to happen because of the things you pointed out yourself; daily caps, login items, but also things like RNG quest results and so on.

One of the big things that I didn't mention in this is that even when we were doing the 18-in-19 run from earlier, we didn't actually mod the weapons and frames. There was no time for multiple runs needed to Forma a frame, you absolutely had to move on to the next one that you acquired.

We threw all the money we needed at those sessions, it did not result in an account that could actually take on very specific missions easily. Just ranking up the mods, for example... Endo is easy enough to farm from places like Rathuum and Arbitrations. But that takes time away from levelling and acquiring the new frames and weapons, many of which cannot be used effectively in those missions until you have at least the basic mods covered.

You can spend Platinum for Ayatan Sculptures on the market these days, but the biggest one you can trade nets you 3450 Endo, costs around 20 Plat, and a simple Vitality costs 10,230 Endo to rank up. Uncommon mods like a simple Storm Bringer cost double that, Rare mods cost triple and Legendary cost quadruple the base. So to outfit your frames and weapons with just the basic builds for Viral, Crit, Status and so on could take you not only the money to buy the mods from people, but thousands of platinum and trades for Ayatan Sculptures.

And, guess what you don't have when you're low rank? Trades. Trades that are better spent actually acquiring the gear in the first place.

Long story short, the tl;dr on this:

DE aren't stupid. They know how to waste our time and make sure that achieving anything in this game takes more time and money than anyone is actually willing to spend in a single concentrated session.

With the right builds and so on, a long-running player that has all of the previous gear can blow through new content in a matter of a week or a month, especially with the way DE likes to hide loop-holes to their grind (like Standing for the main syndicates caps out for the day, but you can then complete the missions for them specifically and earn their tokens to get more per day), but a new player just starting, no matter how much money they spend cannot.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Uhhh... probably referring to the thing they quoted you on earlier.

No matter how much money you spend, the 30-in-30 is not going to happen because of the things you pointed out yourself; daily caps, login items, but also things like RNG quest results and so on.

One of the big things that I didn't mention in this is that even when we were doing the 18-in-19 run from earlier, we didn't actually mod the weapons and frames. There was no time for multiple runs needed to Forma a frame, you absolutely had to move on to the next one that you acquired.

We threw all the money we needed at those sessions, it did not result in an account that could actually take on very specific missions easily. Just ranking up the mods, for example... Endo is easy enough to farm from places like Rathuum and Arbitrations. But that takes time away from levelling and acquiring the new frames and weapons, many of which cannot be used effectively in those missions until you have at least the basic mods covered.

You can spend Platinum for Ayatan Sculptures on the market these days, but the biggest one you can trade nets you 3450 Endo, costs around 20 Plat, and a simple Vitality costs 10,230 Endo to rank up. Uncommon mods like a simple Storm Bringer cost double that, Rare mods cost triple and Legendary cost quadruple the base. So to outfit your frames and weapons with just the basic builds for Viral, Crit, Status and so on could take you not only the money to buy the mods from people, but thousands of platinum and trades for Ayatan Sculptures.

And, guess what you don't have when you're low rank? Trades. Trades that are better spent actually acquiring the gear in the first place.

Long story short, the tl;dr on this:

DE aren't stupid. They know how to waste our time and make sure that achieving anything in this game takes more time and money than anyone is actually willing to spend in a single concentrated session.

With the right builds and so on, a long-running player that has all of the previous gear can blow through new content in a matter of a week or a month, especially with the way DE likes to hide loop-holes to their grind (like Standing for the main syndicates caps out for the day, but you can then complete the missions for them specifically and earn their tokens to get more per day), but a new player just starting, no matter how much money they spend cannot.

I still think it can certainly be done in less than 60 days, especially with 19k spare mastery to skip some things. Most, if not all quest frames can be purchased outright anyways. And every time they add something else, that number increases allowing you to skip more stuff. Besides, mods can be traded at max rank reducing the need for endo in the first place.

Anything that has to be built, can be rushed. You said yourself that 20 in 20 was possible. I imagine a scenario where a player can purchase a massive amount of stuff first, speed level a lot of it and have mastery buffered for days literally waiting on the 24hr timer to finish. 

Plus, if somebody is buying all their platinum and spending it.... this is literally the business model of warframe. Long and free, or fast and expensive.

On 2021-01-07 at 2:47 AM, Faulcun said:

, If enough money was spent, could somebody theoretically reach MR30 in 30 days?

Correction: You said this. This implies stuff being bought. You can't buy quite a bit of stuff that gives mastery. Kitguns, Zaws, Kuva Weapons, SP, Intrinsics, etc can't be bought. Kitguns, Zaws, and some other stuff even require standing. As I've said before, literally no one is going to spend that much money or anywhere near it just for mastery unless it's for a video, so the scenario is kinda moot. I could say "If we send a spaceship through a blackhole, they'll end up somewhere else."; but if no one ever does it, what's the point. Downplaying peoples accomplishments bc there's the technical possibility (with no one really doing it because it's absurd) of someone skipping most of the work everyone put in isn't really a strong stance. Even if there were 5 players who spent 5 grand to buy almost everything in the game, why would that downplay the 99.99% of players who did not? 

52 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

19k spare mastery to skip some things

My friend... I get what you're saying, but all you're making me do is check the actual MR requirements for ranking up.

19k? Only gets you from Gold Initiate to Novice. You need 147,500 to go from MR 29 to MR 30.

It doubles every time, and you have to grind longer and harder to get there.

I mean... if you really want to get into it, let's have a look at the average time that would take.

Spoiler

Alrighty...

45 Base Warframes, with 31 Primes, for 456.000 Mastery.

Excluding the current Prime Vault, there are usually only 8 Primes in circulation, make that 10 for the Vault, and so you would have to trade for the other 21, but it's possible. Trades are limited at the start of the game, and you cannot trade before MR 2, meaning that you've got at least 2 days before any player can even give them to you.

140 Primary weapons for 429,000 Mastery

There are 13 Primary weapons that are locked behind Events and the Void Trader, the Void Trader is only guaranteed to bring any of them once per year at Tennocon. The events are usually on a six-month to one year rotation, such as the Dex weapons. We haven't had the Basmu back yet. There is also a retired Primary, but that only counts if the total number of missing weapons is greater than the amount needed to hit MR 30. 

114 Secondaries for 347,000 Mastery

There are 12 Secondaries that are locked behind events and the Void Trader. Again, no guarantee with the Trader, have to wait for Tennocon. Athodai hasn't been seen since last year, Dex Furis only once per year.

163 Melee for 491,000 Mastery

7 Melee locked behind events and Trader. Two melee are from Nightwave, and you have to farm that and purchase the Beacons for a shot.

6 Kitguns, 11 Zaws, two of the Zaws are locked behind the Plague Star event, which has a 6 month cycle.

466 Missions and 26 Junctions for 55,002 Mastery

4 Intrinsics for 60,000 Mastery, involves not playing the main game and having a player who has already farmed a fully functional Railjack to play with you at all times.

14 Sentinels for 84,000

18 Robotic weapons for 54,000

Kubrows for 36,000

Kavats for 24,000

Predasites and Vulpaphyla for 36,000, which requires ranking up with the Necralisk, purchasing the required blueprint, constructing it, then RNG acquisition via Conservation, which also requires you to have gone to Fortuna.

Moas for 24,000

Archwings for 30,000

Archwing Weapons for 70,000. There are three of these locked behind the Void Trader and an Event that could, or could not, happen during the time you're attempting this.

Amps for 24,000, requires levelling up both the Quills and Vox Solaris, which usually requires optimised gear for hunting Eidolons and the Orb Mothers.

K-Drives for 30,000. K-Drives can only be ranked up via tricks, and at a normal maximum of 3000 Affinity per trick chain, which can be doubled if you purchase a Mod from the Vent Kids. Requires standing with the Vent Kids before you can even build your own K-Drive to mod.

2 Nechramechs for a total of 16,000.

Minus the Exclusives that gives you around 2,020,002 Mastery, which is enough to get to... MR 28. You would need to get 

So even if you get lucky, get a couple of events, you would still need around 229,998 Mastery to hit MR 30, so you would need to get lucky with Trades, Events and timings.

Specifically timings.

The current meta runs for things like Intrinsics at 30 days using four hours of dedicated running per day, meaning you would have to do nothing but that for four hours per day in order to get all your Intrinsics up. You could possibly level weapons and frames at the same time.

Current meta for Standing with the different syndicates to gain enough for the Amps is entirely based on whether you get and optimise the gear necessary to hunt Eidolons and Orbs, so you need to take time out of the regular levelling runs on all of your other gear to do so. This is where the Endo farming I mentioned earlier comes in.

K-Drives literally take hours per board of exclusively performing tricks.

Necramechs require both the grind in the Entrati syndicate to gain the blueprints, and either RNG or trading to get the parts. Standing per day goes up with each level, but even hitting MR 18 in the first 19 days, which is possible, would give you a cap of 22,000 Standing per day. Which, at the calculated rates needed to buy Kitguns, Zaws, required parts like Fishing, Mining and Conservation, adds literal weeks to your tally with no extension to them, putting you up to a potential 4 more hours per day just to complete these daily grinds (until you hit the levels required to just fish for rare fish and gather several days worth of Standing in advance, which you won't for a week or more). Add to that all Zaws and Kitguns require guilding, so you're delaying your runs even further.

In short.

Even with trading, you would need a minimum time of 8 hours per day, on top of every single rush, plat purchase, trade purchase and optimised builds for frames that expedite Grind in order to just reach MR 28 in the first place, and on top of that would need to get donated or buy parts that are currently unavailable to even get to MR 29, with only hitting max-rank with multiple variables allowing you to hit MR 30. The time delay involved would be...

Months.

Again, the point I make is that given unlimited money, sure, you can do this faster than normal grinding.

However you absolutely have to spend time grinding to get it done regardless of how much money you put in. No player is going to spend more than 8 hours per session for months on end while at the same time feeding in hundreds of dollars/pounds, unless it's literally to spite people that say they won't.

On 2021-01-09 at 1:08 PM, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Correction: You said this. This implies stuff being bought. You can't buy quite a bit of stuff that gives mastery. Kitguns, Zaws, Kuva Weapons, SP, Intrinsics, etc can't be bought. Kitguns, Zaws, and some other stuff even require standing. As I've said before, literally no one is going to spend that much money or anywhere near it just for mastery unless it's for a video, so the scenario is kinda moot. I could say "If we send a spaceship through a blackhole, they'll end up somewhere else."; but if no one ever does it, what's the point. Downplaying peoples accomplishments bc there's the technical possibility (with no one really doing it because it's absurd) of someone skipping most of the work everyone put in isn't really a strong stance. Even if there were 5 players who spent 5 grand to buy almost everything in the game, why would that downplay the 99.99% of players who did not? 

It implies nothing other than spending money. Platinum can be purchased just like everything else. Platinum is then used to purchase market items, boosters, and trades among other things.

kitguns and zaws dont have to be perfect and can be built for the bare minimum of resources and standing. They can also be purchased outright by the vendors under daily specials.

kuva weapons cannot be purchased, but the liches that hold them can be traded easily and farmed quickly.

The star map, and steel path can be completed quickly within a few days each of casual playing, let alone somebody with a mission to accomplish.

Intrinsics xp was doubled after scarlet spear. I completed my intrinsics before that, so i honestly dont know how that would go with a booster on top of that.

Either way.... whether it takes 30 days, or 6 months, or 6 years, the time spent on reaching MR30 has no value in time spent on reaching it.

On 2021-01-09 at 1:44 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

19k? Only gets you from Gold Initiate to Novice. You need 147,500 to go from MR 29 to MR 30.

It doubles every time, and you have to grind longer and harder to get there.

I think you werent paying attention to what i was saying. But, im down to look at the numbers again. 

Using https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery

And https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Trading

as a reference, lets keep in mind the mastery required for MR30 = 2,250,000 xp

and the TOTAL mastery available in the whole game is currently 2,317,002 xp

Thats 67,000 xp in excess of what is required to reach MR30.

So im going to cut out the stuff that absolutely cant be purchased or obtained and subtract from the excess amount. I may have forgot a few items in my previous post on page 4, so lets see.

Spoiler

45 Base Warframes, with 31 Primes, for 456.000 Mastery.

Excluding the current Prime Vault, there are usually only 8 Primes in circulation, make that 10 for the Vault, and so you would have to trade for the other 21, but it's possible. Trades are limited at the start of the game, and you cannot trade before MR 2, meaning that you've got at least 2 days before any player can even give them to you.

For the sake of the argument, lets say a new player joined my clan and ask me if he could purchase items from me. As a veteran player, I happen to have multiple sets of every prime frame and weapon, and i dont actively try to sell things, so i tend to hold on to a massive amount of stuff. For the 30in30 to be possible, it would legit require somebody like myself to be apart of the equation as a source of parts, and I openly recognize that.

Ultimately excal prime is the only frame unobtainable in this scenario.

67k - 6k = 61k xp

140 Primary weapons for 429,000 Mastery

There are 13 Primary weapons that are locked behind Events and the Void Trader, the Void Trader is only guaranteed to bring any of them once per year at Tennocon. The events are usually on a six-month to one year rotation, such as the Dex weapons. We haven't had the Basmu back yet. There is also a retired Primary, but that only counts if the total number of missing weapons is greater than the amount needed to hit MR 30. 

All void trader weapons, relics, and beacons can be traded in the dojo.

the snipetron cant be traded and is an event only weapon.

The Basmu BP is available right now from Father in the Orphix Venum rewards. The Basmu BP can be traded

The gorgon wraith and imperator vandal parts and bp can be traded.

Ignis wraith bp can be obtained from the dojo, and can also be traded.

So the primaries that cannot be traded are the snipetron, dex sybaris, and zenith totaling 9k xp

61k - 9k = 52k xp

114 Secondaries for 347,000 Mastery

There are 12 Secondaries that are locked behind events and the Void Trader. Again, no guarantee with the Trader, have to wait for Tennocon. Athodai hasn't been seen since last year, Dex Furis only once per year.

Again, all void trader weapons, relics, and beacons can be traded.

So the only secondaries that cannot be traded are Lato Prime, Dex Furis, Azima and Athodai totaling 12k

52k - 12k = 40k xp

163 Melee for 491,000 Mastery

7 Melee locked behind events and Trader. Two melee are from Nightwave, and you have to farm that and purchase the Beacons for a shot.

6 Kitguns, 11 Zaws, two of the Zaws are locked behind the Plague Star event, which has a 6 month cycle.

All void trader weapons, relics, and beacons can be traded.

Farming nightwave would happen naturally through completing the star map and steel path, plus prior challenges return after you have finished the current week objectives.

You would not need to farm wolf beacons because wolf sledge parts are tradable, AND you dont even need to farm nightwave in glass maker. All you need to do is the investigative puzzles and defeat the glassmaker himself.

Thinking about it in more detail, the Kit guns, amps, moas, kdrives, and zaws are a bit of unknown. The cheapest parts can be purchased to simply make the item and level, however there is standing required to unlock the purchase of some of the components. A player would be limited by daily xp caps. Would really have to look at the standing required, vs standing earned. However, a good bit of all that can be purchased through the vendors under daily specials. AND purchased kitguns/zaws/moas are already guilded.

Ceti lacera is obtainable currently in the orphix venom rewards through father, and the bp is tradable.

So the only melee weapons that are for sure not tradable are skana prime, dex dakra, plague keewar and kirpath, Zenistar, and sigma/octanis totaling 18k

40k - 18k = 22k xp

Minus the Exclusives that gives you around 2,020,002 Mastery, which is enough to get to... MR 28. You would need to get 

So even if you get lucky, get a couple of events, you would still need around 229,998 Mastery to hit MR 30

Not accurate due to the above.

so you would need to get lucky with Trades, Events and timings.

Not as much as you would think. Pathocyst, pennant, quellor, shedu, sheev, and all wraith/vandal parts are tradable.

Current meta for Standing with the different syndicates to gain enough for the Amps is entirely based on whether you get and optimise the gear necessary to hunt Eidolons and Orbs, so you need to take time out of the regular levelling runs on all of your other gear to do so. This is where the Endo farming I mentioned earlier comes in.

I disagree here. Endo is not required when mods can be traded at max. Also, good equipment is not required for eidolons, just a good group. A solid 2 man team can carry 2 clan members, as we have done repeatedly, through 2 or 3 sets in one night period. Enough standing can be gained in just one night to max a mr30 each day for amps.

K-Drives literally take hours per board of exclusively performing tricks.

What? Seriously, I can level a board in less than an hour. I can max standing in about 30 min or less. I use the pipe behind spawn and literally do simple jump tricks while grinding back and forth up and down it. You need a couple mods to make it that efficient, yes, but it doesnt take hours to do one board. Its boring af, but still.

Necramechs require both the grind in the Entrati syndicate to gain the blueprints, and either RNG or trading to get the parts. Standing per day goes up with each level, but even hitting MR 18 in the first 19 days, which is possible, would give you a cap of 22,000 Standing per day. Which, at the calculated rates needed to buy Kitguns, Zaws, required parts like Fishing, Mining and Conservation, adds literal weeks to your tally with no extension to them, putting you up to a potential 4 more hours per day just to complete these daily grinds (until you hit the levels required to just fish for rare fish and gather several days worth of Standing in advance, which you won't for a week or more). Add to that all Zaws and Kitguns require guilding, so you're delaying your runs even further.

This has some mixed information. necramechs are in the necraloid syndicate with loid. They require the matricies to level. However, Both necramechs can be purchased from the market for 375p.

K-Drives for 30,000. K-Drives can only be ranked up via tricks, and at a normal maximum of 3000 Affinity per trick chain, which can be doubled if you purchase a Mod from the Vent Kids. Requires standing with the Vent Kids before you can even build your own K-Drive to mod.

Not totally. Randomly assembled K drives can be purchased through vent kids daily specials. Might require a little bit of luck, but if checked daily, might be able to just purchase what is needed as there are only a handful of boards to begin with. Same thing for MOAs, as there are only 4 models. Chances are good to be able to purchase what you need within 30 days. Plus, as stated, all purchased items are already guilded.

Looks like i might be forgetting something now, because I came up with 22k xp in excess of the required 2,250,000xp to reach MR30. If i had to sacrifice a couple things, it would probably be the amps to reduce grinding/leveling time.

9 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Looks like i might be forgetting something now,

Yeah, the time.

As I said, running at high optimisation, these things take weeks and months to do on their own.

And that's months to do on top of feeding in near limitless money.

60 days, which is your outside, is genuinely not possible by my estimates of the time involved. With non-optimised setups you can achieve things like Eidolon hunts, as you've said and I will admit I've had to do for clan members myself, but the calculation made for running Eidolons is not 2-3 Tridolon runs per night, it's 6-8. At half the speed, by having to account for non-contributing members, and having that member only be at mid-range MR with reduced Standing cap per day, you would put the grind for the Quills back by two to three weeks.

Little things add up, like having to take hours out of your grind for Quests, even if you skip the cut-scenes, that are required to pass the Junctions, will mean hours away from grinding.

Again, my point is that DE aren't really all that silly. They deliberately gate content behind time investment to encourage you to buy Plat, but they ensure that a lot of the time is there regardless of how much money you put in.

10 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, the time.

As I said, running at high optimisation, these things take weeks and months to do on their own.

And that's months to do on top of feeding in near limitless money.

60 days, which is your outside, is genuinely not possible by my estimates of the time involved. With non-optimised setups you can achieve things like Eidolon hunts, as you've said and I will admit I've had to do for clan members myself, but the calculation made for running Eidolons is not 2-3 Tridolon runs per night, it's 6-8. At half the speed, by having to account for non-contributing members, and having that member only be at mid-range MR with reduced Standing cap per day, you would put the grind for the Quills back by two to three weeks.

Little things add up, like having to take hours out of your grind for Quests, even if you skip the cut-scenes, that are required to pass the Junctions, will mean hours away from grinding.

Again, my point is that DE aren't really all that silly. They deliberately gate content behind time investment to encourage you to buy Plat, but they ensure that a lot of the time is there regardless of how much money you put in.

I have to disagree. Looking last night ive discovered that almost everything can be purchased outright, or traded for.

So the real question is, what absolutely must be farmed for. The only things i can think of are amps, and deimos companions.

With 22k excess xp to work with, 7 out of 8 amps can be ignored reducing a massive amount of grind needed. The deimos companions can be leveled passively so I would probably go for that.

I maintain that 30 days would be close, 60 days absolutely doable. Plus, de releases content every so often further increasing your xp buffer over 30-60 days, and it only gets easier after that.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

And I suppose that's your opinion. I value my time and dedication to one goal.

Oh I feel the same way. I value my time and dedication as well. My point is, the way DE does things, there ends up being no value to it in the end.

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Oh I feel the same way. I value my time and dedication as well. My point is, the way DE does things, there ends up being no value to it in the end.

Just because someone else can achieve MR30 with a different approach than us doesn't mean our work isn't valued. Yes, future MR30smay have it easier than we did, but that shouldn't devalue the fact that many of us got MR30 day 1. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Just because someone else can achieve MR30 with a different approach than us doesn't mean our work isn't valued. Yes, future MR30smay have it easier than we did, but that shouldn't devalue the fact that many of us got MR30 day 1. 

I mean, the work isnt any different than anybody else. The difference is we waited 7 years for content. Now that the content is available, AND in excess of the required xp, somebody could do it in a fraction of the time. Still the same work, just didnt have to wait to do it.

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

I mean, the work isnt any different than anybody else. The difference is we waited 7 years for content. Now that the content is available, AND in excess of the required xp, somebody could do it in a fraction of the time. Still the same work, just didnt have to wait to do it.

Right, but that doesn't devalue us and our work, the ones who got MR30 on release. Future MR30s will be able to ouch and choose what's easiest, but we didn't get that. Just because they can doesn't mean our work is devalued. 

14 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Right, but that doesn't devalue us and our work, the ones who got MR30 on release. Future MR30s will be able to ouch and choose what's easiest, but we didn't get that. Just because they can doesn't mean our work is devalued. 

Theres nobody or anything to recognize that except you, not that it matters anyways. Its the same concept as the rift sigil. We worked hard on a decently challenging mission at the time to earn that sigil. Then they basically gave it away on two other occasions. Our work in earning it has value, but the sigil itself, and the MR30 have no value. I believe it all stems from their "everybody gets a trophy" position they've taken over the years. But that discussion will get this thread closed.

3 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Theres nobody or anything to recognize that except you, not that it matters anyways. Its the same concept as the rift sigil. We worked hard on a decently challenging mission at the time to earn that sigil. Then they basically gave it away on two other occasions. Our work in earning it has value, but the sigil itself, and the MR30 have no value. I believe it all stems from their "everybody gets a trophy" position they've taken over the years. But that discussion will get this thread closed.

I see what you mean, and I also understand the frustration. I just try to remind myself of the work I put in to achieve it when I get down about it. 

Even if, theoretically, there is a decent amount in the game that can be short-cutted with plat, that doesn't make MR30 worthless or meaningless. For one thing, just because someone potentially could pull a screw-your-effort-I-have-money, doesn't mean many, if anyone even, is going to do that. Really that's going to be a really rare happenstance, most people don't have that kind of money and if they do, they probably aren't bothering to use it to get to MR 30, they are buying fashion frame or their dream-rivens and probably don't even care about MR. Realistically, most people aren't even coming close to purchasing every item that is purchasable with plat to skip content or effort. Most people just do so when they are impatient about a specific item, they want something not otherwise available at the time, or they don't have the time to farm it, or don't find a particular event/mission interesting enough to farm themselves. In reality if someone is MR30, most items were farmed, maybe they farmed them very quickly in comparison to veterans who have been in Warframe, but they did put in the effort.

Also, just because you CAN buy a lot of the weapons and frames in the game, doesn't mean that's the end of the effort. You still have to actually use them to level them which still takes effort. Also, there are many time gates involves, as discussed. Even if you were to literally only play what you need to rank up in the game, that's still some play to farm what can't be bought, to get the materials, to get the standing to purchase items, to level the weapons, etc. In terms of seeing how good at something someone is, time spent actually playing the game with a weapon is as important as the effort they took to get said weapon.

If someone was able to achieve MR 30 in a year and it took you seven, because you've been around since before MR 30 was possible, well they got lucky and you got unlucky, you experienced the game when it was different than they did and you both did the most with what was available to you. MR 30 has value, prestige and meaning...maybe it's not as much as you wanted or expected it to have, but that comes down to your expectations really. DE never said 30 MR was supposed to be a huge thing, as far as I know. It's special, yeah, but it's not a mantle of divinity, it's not MR20 you suck, Mr 30 okay you're a god now. Fans came up with that image on their own. And honestly, it's just gate keeping. Just flexing, just a way to feel superior. Just because you've been playing a game longer, doesn't make you better than someone else who has been playing it only for a year. It just doesn't. You're not better than them, just because you've been around longer. And wanting some special reward for just existing in the game for a long time is what log in rewards are for, not MR.

Regarding the MR30 test, (I know that was so long ago, the conversation has strayed so far lol), I admire that someone wants to use their favorite frame for everything, even to the point of using it in content it isn't really suited for. If they manage it, well I'm impressed. If they don't, I don't think that means the test is at fault, when it's expected that you have many frames at your disposal. I'm working towards MR 30 now, I'm halfway to MR 28 from 27, so I don't have the knowledge or authority of having done the test myself, but it sounds like you're trying to fit the square peg into the round hole and frustrated that it doesn't fit. As long as there are still multiple options on frames you can use, I don't think the test is broken just because your main frame is having a hard time. And it definitely doesn't mean you're a noob or anything else. You're maybe just a little too set in your ways.

• 1 month later...

So far I've failed the test 3 times and practiced it 6 or 7 times. I passed once in practice. It's freaking HARD.

That said, I'm trying to pass it with my Inaros Main with my best Steel Path loadout, including my Riven Scindo Prime and badass Sporelacer, which totally both slay the SP dailies. I'm even using my Panzer Vulpy and a Saryn specter to weaken/kill stragglers. Each time, except for once in practice, I always run out of life support when finishing off the last bosses. 

I know what they're wanting. We're supposed to use the more powerful magic/ability focused frames. Experimenting, I took Octavia into a practice run, completed the test FAR more easily, and had 45 life support left at the end. I'll take her for the real test tomorrow.

It'd be nice if more frame styles could beat this. I'd like to beat it with a warrior frame, with sheer fighting skill, but it looks like that's only possible if you're lucky. I dunno. I have Firewalker on my Inaros. Maybe if I used Sandstorm, I'd throw enemies out into space and kill them faster. I wish we didn't have to use Mesa or Octavia or something else totally reliant on ability powers to pass it.

That said, I recognize that I am Tenno, not Inaros, and each warframe is but a different tool in the toolbox. Part of demonstrating mastery is using the right tool for the job.

On 2020-10-27 at 6:46 PM, B4HEK said:

So, i completed it, in 12 tries... It was just horrible... Lotus wanted me to SURVIVE, but that`s not the problem... The problem is, there aren`t enough of oxygen if you try to complete it as excalibur... Any mob can be killed, the main thing is time to kill... 11 tries failed because of that. BUT... Octavia just cheesed that test with 100% life support. Now, there are 3 options:

1)Excalibur desperately needs rework.

2)I am screwed noob, who don`t know how to play as excal after 3000+ hours maining him.

3)MR30 test should be a little more opened to ALL frames, not only the invisible/nuking ones and those who deal percental damage.

Now, MR30 noob said what he wanted to.

No offense but it is called the True Master Test. So I have no problem with it being difficult. I tried Rhino prime, wasn’t enough. I tried Umbra, wasn’t enough. Then I used wukong prime with the infested tentacle kitgun and gram prime. Finally beat it with 1 life support left. Definitely had my heart pounding. 

But I had no issue since it was called the “True Mastery” test. Makes sense that it would be hard, but clearly not impossible. 

What gets me is all those tests yet we don’t get that many missions that utilizes such “skills”. I’ve made a post once about the earlier test that required dodging a spinning laser while shooting enemies. Since there was nothing like that in the real missions. Tried describing an advanced corpus tile set with crazy traps and even more complex spy mission. And surprise surprise, Jupiter gets a make over.

Just need more advance missions like that with better rewards and then it would be fun. Steel path could have been that if only they had added more than just a higher difficulty. Rewards should be way higher, affinity should be multiplied with the amount of damage required to kill each enemy, and like more complex challenging tile sets for all factions. Like imagine an infested spy mission with infested security attacking you. 

Anyways, the MR30 test should remain as is cause then it wouldn’t be a “True Mastery” test if it can be beaten easily like all the others. 

1 hour ago, RenzorTheRed said:

It'd be nice if more frame styles could beat this. I'd like to beat it with a warrior frame, with sheer fighting skill, but it looks like that's only possible if you're lucky. I dunno. I have Firewalker on my Inaros. Maybe if I used Sandstorm, I'd throw enemies out into space and kill them faster. I wish we didn't have to use Mesa or Octavia or something else totally reliant on ability powers to pass it.

That said, I recognize that I am Tenno, not Inaros, and each warframe is but a different tool in the toolbox. Part of demonstrating mastery is using the right tool for the job.

Failed it twice after passing it in practice several times with Ash P. and Titania P. My problem was both clears was a close shave. Third time, I took out Mirage Prime with my old reliable Reaper Prime and went to town swinging. Malevolent dopplegangers made quick work on them bullies with more than 20 seconds to spare.

There are several tools for this particular test, Mesa is almost a given, but I never liked her auto aim so I chose unpopular choices, failure was imminent  😁.

• 4 weeks later...

Literally the only thing to manage here is life support. Dying is less of a hinderance than falling off of the map. Thus, just build to kill alot of dudes very very fast. I just ran a power,range,efficiancy Mesa and cleared it for a joke. Died like 7 times but efficiency didn't drop past 60% once, and the only enemy that was an issue was the Arbitration drones.

I think it follows a logic of the right tool for the job.

First try i failed for but a few seconds, had used my Wukong with his trusted Ignis Wraith and his deadly Reaper Prime... felt completely useless and miserable for the rest of the day... then I thought let's do a practice run, the practice run showed that I wasn't lacking the killing power I wasn't being efficient enough....
So  I did another practice run with Saryn (as built for Simaris Elite Onslaught) and I had almost a minute left when completing the mission.

So next day I just used my Saryn, spammed energy pizzas and spore/miasma combos and happily turned into a mr30 with 72 seconds left.

My point being that there are tests that if you have the right tool for the job you can actually easily do them and after grinding our asses off to get to mr30 we should have the applicable tools available to us. Would i have liked to do it with Wukong, yes ! Probably if I had tried 6-7 times more I could have done it (hopefully).

Archived