Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Controversial?] Defeat Nihil as a Daily Nightwave Challenge

DrivaMain

The boss received mixed reviews, as we all know you can’t please everyone. Right now Nihil is just another one of those one and done bosses. I am suggesting this, please add a defeat Nihil daily act. Gives us a reason to revisit him from time to time. I don’t want to it to be a weekly so it doesn’t attract too much nightwave whiners who still thinks alerts were a better system and players can ignore it without hurting their nightwave progress.

16 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

He's an easy puzzle boss. He's going to bore most players and aggravate players who struggled. 

It will be a daily challenge that can be safely ignored. Players can fight him again if they wishes for the extra nightwave standing. Isn’t that the point of Nightwave? An effort to revisit content, wether you perceive as “lazy” or not it’s still an effort.

18 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The boss received mixed reviews, as we all know you can’t please everyone. Right now Nihil is just another one of those one and done bosses. I am suggesting this, please add a defeat Nihil daily act. Gives us a reason to revisit him from time to time. I don’t want to it to be a weekly so it doesn’t attract too much nightwave whiners who still thinks alerts were a better system and players can ignore it without hurting their nightwave progress.

Most "daily" tasks are things you can do while you are playing other missions: use a specific damage type, open some lockers, play an emote...

"weekly" tasks tend to be things you'd generally end up doing during your normal gameplay, but may need you to make an effort to do in that particular week: forma something, do a sortie, do specific mission types... Some require you to do a specific side quests during a normal mission type (e.g. look for sabotage caches)

"elite weekly" tasks ask you to do something specific that is outside most people's normal gameplay loop: kill a specific boss (thumper doma, tricap, Profit taker, Exploiter), do a (slightly) larger amount of railjack/sorties, ESO, etc.

With that in mind, Nihil really doesn't fit into the "daily task" category. It would fit best into the "elite weekly" category - but it's really not a good place for the fight either.

If DE want people to re-play the fight - give them some rewards for doing it! I only played it once so far, but all I got from there were the sword blueprint and an orbiter decoration. And I don't need a second one of either of them (even if they are granted again after defeating Nihil more than once).

34 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Gives us a reason to revisit him from time to time.

This is not a reason to revisit him. A tiny amount of NW standing is not worth going through that mission. Besides, boss fights (is that what this was?) go under Elite Weeklies. 

Given how story-focused of a boss fight he is, I'd rather he not be replayed too often.  I had to replay the fight due to internet issues kicking me to the menu after the fact, and it doesn't have as much impact the second time around.

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

How would that be done? Because I don’t want Glassed enemies to be a constant thing in this game.

I am sure DE will move the fight to the star chart or maybe to Simaris as some sort of “Replay Incident” like the Octavia’s Anthem boss fight.

Archived