Is there there going to be a Warframe 2

Go to solution Solved by trunks013,

Question

I'm a returning player and I've seen a lot of discussion about a "Warframe 2". It seems like a whole can of worms but I'd just like to ask if there is going to be one as I'm unsure on whether I should bother buying the new prime access or not. 

8 answers to this question

• Solution

Warframe 2 is quite just a theory and been labeled as the release of plains of eidolon by Mogamu a long time ago stating that POE released is like warframe 2.

To be honest i highly doubt its coming soon so yeah you can buy the prime access in peace ^.^ 

Welcome back home tenno ^.^ 

To these wild unfounded speculations I reserve only scorn.

I would like to know from which nightmare landscape these monstruously silly ideas originate. Actually, I wouldn't want to know.

Anyway. DE has already announced enough content for Warframe (including an ENTIRE NEW FACTION) that will take them years to do. "Warframe 2" will have to wait.

Starting over would simply waste all the effort that they've put into the last ~7 years. Warframe just isn't the type of game that would benefit from it, nor is DE the type of company that could handle it.

6 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

To these wild unfounded speculations I reserve only scorn.

I would like to know from which nightmare landscape these monstruously silly ideas originate.

I don't remember the details but it was something about them handing off development to another company.

Good to know though, thanks. 

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I don't remember the details but it was something about them handing off development to another company.

What the actual Orokin hell.

I mean, I have read worse. I have read people in 2015 "concluding" that DE was already bankrupt and the game was going to be shut down a month later.

But I thought we had all agreed to ignore people who think that tinfoil hats are a little bit too mainstream.

When it comes to games like this - perpetual experiences - there's only a handful of reasons why.

1: new hardware that isn't backwards compatible. Warframe is a PC-first game, so that's not happening. Phantasy Star Online 2 is this way for this reason AFAIK.

2: relatedly, the engine becomes unsustainable for what's being done on a scale that can't be fixed. This varied hugely from game to game, and Evolution is particularly upgradable. EDIT: forgot to give an example. Kerbal Space Program, (which, whilst not an MMO, was billed in the Minecraft way of being updated frequently) is getting its sequel for this reason, in order to facilitate interstellar travel and base building in a more... stable way.

3: the devs feel the need to hit the reset button on the game for one reason or another. This can be seen in Final Fantasy 14: a Realm Reborn, which despite being billed as more of a remake, is functionally and narratively a sequel. I would bill this as the most likely reason, but only if the game's balance, core systems and whatnot really start biting at DE's ability to make good content.

4: good old corporate greed. Destiny 2 exists for this reason  - Activision mandated sequels, even though Destiny wasn't really designed to be that kind of game.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 1