Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis fps drops latest patch/update.

Warthog2554

Question

I don't know what changed but now I can't enter the orb vallis anymore without suffering fps drops, used to be steady 60 without dropping(I have it capped).

Now it's down to 45-50, 30 during heavy fighting. Wat do? I've already tried restarting the PC and all my graphical options are already set to their absolute lowest except for my resolution which is 1280x720(Or something, standard 720p resolution). I don't run anything else with the game either except Discord and steam.

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Warthog2554 said:

I don't know what changed but now I can't enter the orb vallis anymore without suffering fps drops, used to be steady 60 without dropping(I have it capped).

Now it's down to 45-50, 30 during heavy fighting. Wat do? I've already tried restarting the PC and all my graphical options are already set to their absolute lowest except for my resolution which is 1280x720(Or something, standard 720p resolution). I don't run anything else with the game either except Discord and steam.

Check you haven't enabled deferred rendering in the options. That moved from the launcher to the in-game options.

those numbers you're conveying, sounds like you have VSync on, since it's dropping to 45 and 30. which are common stepping points for traditional VSync, if performance drops below the target, then it drops to the next stepping point entirely.

you could try turning VSync off, which if you aren't playing in Exclusive Fullscreen then VSync is literally useless anyways, you have the ability to limit the Framerate in a much better fashion that you're already using.
this may or may not make an impact on your results.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

those numbers you're conveying, sounds like you have VSync on, since it's dropping to 45 and 30. which are common stepping points for traditional VSync, if performance drops below the target, then it drops to the next stepping point entirely.

you could try turning VSync off, which if you aren't playing in Exclusive Fullscreen then VSync is literally useless anyways, you have the ability to limit the Framerate in a much better fashion that you're already using.
this may or may not make an impact on your results.

No sir. Vsync is turned off because I know what it does and how it works, which is the exact reason why it's disabled(Cus I hate the input lag). I always play the game in fullscreen(Exclusively) and my framerate is capped at 69 through the game's own tool(that is not vsync). Essentially, what you are asking me to try, I am already doing :)

But I've made somewhat of a small discovery, this weird framerate drop happens not only on Orb Vallis, but on Cambrion Drifts and Plains of Eidolon as well. And I used to have a steady 60 in the plains more so. Something with the new update broke free roam for me is my personal guess.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

what a coincidence that your performance dropped to those specific numbers, then. hehe

Well, I used those numbers as those were the ones I saw most frequently. It did go anywhere between 30 and 60 though. Which is weird as I didn't have this issue beforehand so whatever DE did this last patch ruined free roam fps for me.

On 2020-10-27 at 8:59 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Some fun facts: Terrain rendering optimization reduced cost ~30% (Deimos) ~50% (Plains of Eidolon) by grouping triplanar layers together per triplane and sharing texture gradients.

that's the thing. for some people it seems have reverse effect.

On 2020-10-29 at 2:58 AM, Warthog2554 said:

Were you using Dynamic Resolution perchance? I noticed that it was disabled after the last update (in fact a lot of my settings got reset) as I was seeing frame drops in Deimos.

9 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Were you using Dynamic Resolution perchance? I noticed that it was disabled after the last update (in fact a lot of my settings got reset) as I was seeing frame drops in Deimos.

I am... uncertain about this, I will have to check but as far as I know regarding the video options. Everything that does take a toll on my PC's performance has been reduced to the absolute lowest or disabled altogether. I will nonetheless check again and re-check.

19 hours ago, Warthog2554 said:

I am... uncertain about this, I will have to check but as far as I know regarding the video options. Everything that does take a toll on my PC's performance has been reduced to the absolute lowest or disabled altogether. I will nonetheless check again and re-check.

if you're usually playing the game on the lowest everything possible (assuming that your GPU is your limiting factor, as very few of the Video Settings significantly impact CPU performance, so if your CPU was the limiting factor and not GPU then you could be making the game look like trash for no reason), then having Dynamic Resolution on to improve performance further may be something that was likely, and if that was suddenly off then that could explain lower than usual performance.

Archived