Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Brazil PS4 Prices

(PSN)RhyanAmaral

Hi, guys!
I'm a player from brazil's PS4 community and that's is my third post in 5 years of game. So, today I wanna bring something that we are passing on to the whole community.

- I don't practice my english such a long time, so sorry if i forgotten how to write some words or grammatical sentences. xD

To contextualize about the subject:
On BR PSN the games launches cost, on average, R$ 200 ~ R$ 250 (in brazilian currency). 

I was excited to buy Nezha Prime Acess because, in most of part, of the ephemera. So, I opened the PS Store to buy and i came across this price:

1. Nezha Prime Acess: R$ 420,00.
2. Nezha Prime Accessories: R$ 319,90.

I wanna ask a question for the devs or someone who knows about how this price works because it's totally out of the brazilians reallity. There is no sense in these abusive prices and I imagine that isn't DE's fault but of Sony. So I would like to have some light on this.

I honestly see no reason to buy a package that costs almost two recently released games. 

The reason I do this post is to try to understand what happens with these prices and maybe try to change something. As I said, it's my third post here and I don't know if this subject will reach the Devs (but I know that this community is awesome and has the power to do that).

To complement: I love this game and would be happy to buy primes packages with fair prices, which is not what is happening at the moment.

Thanks for listening!

4 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Don't think it's something DE can do about it I searched and 1 Dollar=5,73 of your currency. Don't know how long it takes for the numbers change so you'll probably have to buy at those prices or wait for Nezha to be unvaulted in the future

As i said, the dollar excuse doesn't makes sense because the new games released costs about $ 60 dollars, isn't? To us comes like R$ 200 ~ R$ 250. The Nezha Prime Acess costs R$ 420 here. 

Can't debate affordability: It's a little bit steep, not gonna lie.

So... New games often cost $60, yes, but the top tier of Prime Access costs 139.95, IIRC... It was $151.54 after tax, but I can't look it up anymore 'cause I bought it.

$139.95 would be basically R$ 802, so it looks like they've actually given you nearly a 50% discount.

I think console prices are roughly 30% dearer than pc due to the cut sony/ microsoft take from every transaction 

So add 30% on to the pc price and then multiply by about 5 or 6 for the currency conversion and yeah, you're going to get a pretty big number.

Unfortunately,  there's not a lot de can do about currency conversion rates.

8 minutes ago, FenricFox said:

Can't debate affordability: It's a little bit steep, not gonna lie.

So... New games often cost $60, yes, but the top tier of Prime Access costs 139.95, IIRC... It was $151.54 after tax, but I can't look it up anymore 'cause I bought it.

$139.95 would be basically R$ 802, so it looks like they've actually given you nearly a 50% discount.

The price in dollar is $ 151? O_o

The price that i found in dollar is $49,90. If it's really $ 151 so makes sense the final price (but still not worth buying in brazil).

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I think console prices are roughly 30% dearer than pc due to the cut sony/ microsoft take from every transaction 

So add 30% on to the pc price and then multiply by about 5 or 6 for the currency conversion and yeah, you're going to get a pretty big number.

Yeah, I thought I wouldn't have much to do but I think it's a valid discussion. ;P

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Not really 30%, more like 10-ish...
I converted his prices to Euros and compared, and acessories is 3€ more on his price, and the actual access is, well idk... If he's doing the Warding Halo thing (with Nezha and weapons), its actually cheaper by 9€.

Bottom line, yes, Prime Acess prices are for Whales, they're incredibly overpriced, and sadly not for every pocket. But that's not country-dependant, or platform-dependant. That's how they chose to price it to keep the game afloat.

I mean, i'd love that ephemera, but i really can't justify putting in the price of a game or two (if you're like me and buy games on sale) on a single cosmetic item.

9 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Not really 30%, more like 10-ish...
I converted his prices to Euros and compared, and acessories is 3€ more on his price, and the actual access is, well idk... If he's doing the Warding Halo thing (with Nezha and weapons), its actually cheaper by 9€.

Bottom line, yes, Prime Acess prices are for Whales, they're incredibly overpriced, and sadly not for every pocket. But that's not country-dependant, or platform-dependant. That's how they chose to price it to keep the game afloat.

I mean, i'd love that ephemera, but i really can't justify putting in the price of a game or two (if you're like me and buy games on sale) on a single cosmetic item.

That's exactly it!

I think the same.

1 hour ago, Learicorn said:

Tbh it's not worth buying anywhere, the price is indeed absurd lol 

I routinely buy the accessories pack for $60 and I see that as a bargain price.  But then again I view it more as a $20 per month subscription price than anything else.  I figure I average playing warframe 3 hours per day over the 90 days of a Prime access.  That is 270 hours at $60.  If your entertainment isn't worth 22 cents per hour spent then I don't know that to tell you.  Of course if you play less than I do your value is going to be different.

The thing I can tell you is warframe is even more enjoyable when you constantly have boosters and plenty of plat to do with whatever you want.

In contrast I've also spent $60 on plenty of AAA game titles that I play for 10 hours or less because they just aren't good games.  I regret those a whole lot more than I do constantly giving DE my money.

I think that we can find a way of making this reasonable. I’m also from Brazil, and even Loving the game here, it's almost impossible to buy the extra features or think about that. 400 bucks in Brazilian currency is incredibly high for ”content” inside a game. We understand that the game is free to play, but for people like us that want to invest money, is not viable. The guy already said that new games here comes around 200-250 bucks, so why this abusive price?

The pa is rather pricey yes.  But consider not just the digital items your getting but the plat and potatoes.  The pa is sldo once every 3 months.

For the 152 dollars i am getting alot of digital goodies and 4k plat.  4k plat alone would cost me more then 152 usd.   I am making out in the long run.

4 hours ago, (PS4)RhyanAmaral said:

As i said, the dollar excuse doesn't makes sense because the new games released costs about $ 60 dollars, isn't? To us comes like R$ 200 ~ R$ 250.

I think this is where some confusion is arising.  Unless there are multiple currencies in Brazil, $60 US actually comes out to $345 Brazilian Real at current exchange rates.  Which games are you seeing that are only R$200-250?

its the correct price, converting your Real to UK-GBP i get the same prices we get in the UK, if you mean the accessory price then i can 100% agree, they have a stupid history of adding 1-2 cosmetics in the accessories and trying to justify the price by throwing in 90+ day bosters nobody wants in the pack which is why i never buy them, they just arent worth the price and never will be.  If they removed the stupid boosters and lowered the price id buy them all in a heartbeat, but as it is, theres a snowmans chance in hell of that happening.

Hi, guys!
I'm a player from brazil's PS4 community and that's is my third post in 5 years of game. So, today I wanna bring something that we are passing on to the whole community.

- I don't practice my english such a long time, so sorry if i forgotten how to write some words or grammatical sentences. xD

To contextualize about the subject:
On BR PSN the games launches cost, on average, R$ 200 ~ R$ 250 (in brazilian currency). 

I was excited to buy Nezha Prime Acess because, in most of part, of the ephemera. So, I opened the PS Store to buy and i came across this price:

1. Nezha Prime Acess: R$ 420,00.
2. Nezha Prime Accessories: R$ 319,90.

I wanna ask a question for the devs or someone who knows about how this price works because it's totally out of the brazilians reallity. There is no sense in these abusive prices and I imagine that isn't DE's fault but of Sony. So I would like to have some light on this.

I honestly see no reason to buy a package that costs almost two recently released games. 

The reason I do this post is to try to understand what happens with these prices and maybe try to change something. As I said, it's my third post here and I don't know if this subject will reach the Devs (but I know that this community is awesome and has the power to do that).

To complement: I love this game and would be happy to buy primes packages with fair prices, which is not what is happening at the moment.

Thanks for listening!

stop voting on thiefs and killers....bolsonaro right?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I think this is where some confusion is arising.  Unless there are multiple currencies in Brazil, $60 US actually comes out to $345 Brazilian Real at current exchange rates.  Which games are you seeing that are only R$200-250?

R$ 350? Nop, isn't right. Every new game comes R$ 200 or R$ 250.

Recenctly Exemples:

R$ 250: RE3, Nioh2, Cyberpunk2077...

R$ 350? Nop, isn't right. Every new game comes R$ 200 or R$ 250.

Recenctly Exemples:

R$ 250: RE3, Nioh2, Cyberpunk2077...

Weird.  From what I can tell you're getting a deal on them.  R$250 is only like $43 from what I'm seeing.

Cross referencing Steam, yeah, this is definitely where some confusion is coming from.  Steam has Cyberpunk listed as being R$200, or $34.78, a reduction of 42%.  So while you're not wrong that the price for prime access is double the price of a new game for you, you're apparently already getting a great deal on new games compared to the US prices.  Now, why does your price seem so low compared to the US price?  That I have no idea about.

16 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

$80 prime access and $60 accessories for a total of $140 in the US playstation store.  Two new games cost $120.  Our prime access and accessories cost $20 more than two new games.  What aren't you getting about that?

Don't ignore the plat, potatoes, and other goodies.  The 4k plat alone would cost over 100 usd.  So really for every 3 months the price isn't that bad.

At worst you could just nab the accessories and grind the items themselves if you want to save cash.

Archived