Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skiajati doesn't give MR until you get a kill with it

Ghooostie

So when you finish the Sacrifice, you get the Skiajati at max rank, and you're supposed to get the MR from it at the same time from what I can tell. It'll show up in your profile as mastered, and if you go look at your weapons, it'll also be listed as mastered.

I was missing 3k mastery in the melee category when comparing to others, and through some help, we managed to narrow it down to the Skiajati. In the codex, it showed up as not mastered, so I forma'd it and leveled it back up to 30, and then I got the 3k mastery from it.

They speculate it might have been just using it to kill something that did it, since I didn't actually use it during the quest or after (0 kills). So it's either that or it needed a forma. A weird bug that likely wont affect many, but a bug nonetheless.

EDIT: It appears to be tied to needing to get a kill with it. I had 0 kills with mine, and someone else also had the same issue, and they too had 0 kills with it, and getting a few kills got them their MR. So if you didn't get a single kill with it, you didn't get the MR, even though it shows as mastered.

4 minutes ago, H-E-L said:

This is intentional. You have to actually go through the process of levelling it to get the MR for it. Not a bug, just a little inconvenient

But it shows up on your profile as mastered, when it then clearly isn't, which is incredibly confusing. And you get the MR from Excal Umbra without leveling him up after (I didn't use him after the quest), so it's fair to imagine the Skiajati would behave the same way (Even the Wiki says you get the MR from it after getting it)

1 minute ago, Ghooostie said:

But it shows up on your profile as mastered, when it then clearly isn't, which is incredibly confusing. And you get the MR from Excal Umbra without leveling him up after (I didn't use him after the quest), so it's fair to imagine the Skiajati would behave the same way (Even the Wiki says you get the MR from it after getting it)

As long as I recall, you've had to forma both
but it is strange that your excal gave you MR without a forma so im not really sure which one is meant to occur
either way one of them is wrong for you so its good you brought it up

9 minutes ago, hyzmarca said:

I've never formaed mine,  pretty sure that I got mastery for it. 

Yea, it might be you just need to get a kill with it. I had 0 kills with mine, and someone else also had the same issue, and they too had 0 kills with it, and getting a few kills got them their MR. So if you didn't get a single kill with it, you didn't get the MR, even though it shows as mastered.

13 hours ago, Ghooostie said:

But it shows up on your profile as mastered, when it then clearly isn't, which is incredibly confusing.

I had this happen with the Deimos claws (Keratinos?) and something else. Codex said they weren't mastered but profile did. I just used them for a few more missions and got them sorted out.

12 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I had this happen with the Deimos claws (Keratinos?) and something else. Codex said they weren't mastered but profile did. I just used them for a few more missions and got them sorted out.

So it affects more than just the Skiajati ? I figured since it's unique in how you get it maxed it's the only one it would apply to, so that's interesting.

Archived