Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity boosters not applying to all affinity gains

Gh05te

as you can see in the picture below, i have 139 days of affinity boosters and none of my weapons got any end of mission affinity bonuses

the affinity gained was from Kappa on sedna (a spy mission) so i shouldve gotten (72,000/4)*2.25 on each of my weapons, but i only got 72,000/4 on each.unknown.png

To add to this, I have an 89 day affinity booster and also do not get bonus affinity.

This started for me after the update, and to be more clear: In my anecdotal evidence, I no longer gain bonus affinity. I've ran every type of mission (except defection, because lolno.) and do not receive bonus affinity for kills, for objective clears, for teammate kills, for reviving pets or anything that gives affinity like specifically killing all of the roombas on a corpus ship tileset purely to spite the corpus ship defense. I've ran normal missions, steel path missions, and sorties with no bonus affinity applying itself. 

I'm going to try reinstalling the game, just in case some code got downloaded incorrectly as this doesn't seem to be affecting that many people. See you in 12-ish hours when I know if thats the problem!

1 hour ago, .Hel said:

the affinity gained was from Kappa on sedna (a spy mission) so i shouldve gotten (72,000/4)*2 on each of my weapons, but i only got 72,000/4 on each.

That sounds like a lot of affinity. It’s 4000 (detected) or 12,000 (stealth) per vault according to the wiki. So with a booster and stealth it’s 24,000 per vault, meaning 72,000 total. Or, about 18,000 per weapon/frame.

• Maybe that information is outdated. But that is roughly how I thought it had always been.

25 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That sounds like a lot of affinity. It’s 4000 (detected) or 12,000 (stealth) per vault according to the wiki. So with a booster and stealth it’s 24,000 per vault, meaning 72,000 total. Or, about 18,000 per weapon/frame.

• Maybe that information is outdated. But that is roughly how I thought it had always been.

Which is exactly what they got. However what they did not get was bonus affinity. Which is why they said they'd get 72k/4*2 (though its not really *2 its close enough.)

From the wiki::

If a player completes a mission successfully they gain bonus Affinity based on the amount gained during the mission. Bonus Affinity is shown as yellow in the end of mission report and is an additional 125% of the base affinity earned for each item.

Due to bonus affinity, leveling an item up to a certain level in a single mission, and completing the mission, will result in that item becoming max rank:

• Getting an item to level 20 will result in that item becoming level 30.
  • For 5 forma'd, Kuva Weapons or the Paracesis, getting to level 26 2/3 will result in a level 40 weapon.

1 hour ago, LaceYueLong said:

Which is why they said they'd get 72k/4*2

Ah, my mistake. I thought they got the original affinity number mixed up. And were apply the affinity booster twice. The way “i have 139 days of affinity boosters and none of my weapons got any affinity bonuses” is worded confused me.

1 hour ago, LaceYueLong said:

If a player completes a mission successfully they gain bonus Affinity based on the amount gained during the mission. Bonus Affinity is shown as yellow in the end of mission report and is an additional 125% of the base affinity earned for each item.

ty for the correction on that
felt like i was off somewhere

Next thing i noticed today is the missing of the "Double credits first mission of the day" bonus after the first successfull mission. Really annoying bug.

I have tried everthing too. Corrupted file test and so on, but it looks like it's not on the client side.

Your booster does NOT show up as "bonus affinity".  Your booster doubles affinity gains, which you see when you earn the affinity from the popup shown on screen.  So for example on Earth, when I play without a booster I see about 60 affinity for a kill and 4200 for hacking a spy vault objective.  With a booster that's doubled to about 120 for a kill and 8400 for hacking a spy vault.   When the End of Mission screen talks about bonus affinity, it's referring to the mission completion which adds 125% all the affinity you earned in that mission.  So if you earn 1000 xp in a mission and abort, you get 1000, but if you finish the entire mission you get 1000+1250 bonus.  (Or a boosted player would get 2000 + 2500)

Where I *do* see a problem is that the End of Mission screen isn't showing a number for your Bonus Affinity, even though according to the game logs it actually does get submitted to the server. I've entered that as an issue for our UI teams.

So to reiterate:
- Affinity Booster doubling what you earn is rolled into the base amount. "Bonus Affinity" is a different mechanic and is what what you get for completing the mission
- The UI is currently not showing you a value for Bonus Affinity, but looking in the game logs, the actual number submitted to the server does include it properly.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Where I *do* see a problem is that the End of Mission screen isn't showing a number for your Bonus Affinity,

Something ive noticed with the new UI is you cant see the affinity line (progress towards levels) under weapons and such mid mission anymore (quick progress view). It makes it harder to see if i need to stay that last round for level 30 or something.

Any chance of a look into that?

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Your booster does NOT show up as "bonus affinity".  Your booster doubles affinity gains, which you see when you earn the affinity from the popup shown on screen.  So for example on Earth, when I play without a booster I see about 60 affinity for a kill and 4200 for hacking a spy vault objective.  With a booster that's doubled to about 120 for a kill and 8400 for hacking a spy vault.   When the End of Mission screen talks about bonus affinity, it's referring to the mission completion which adds 125% all the affinity you earned in that mission.  So if you earn 1000 xp in a mission and abort, you get 1000, but if you finish the entire mission you get 1000+1250 bonus.  (Or a boosted player would get 2000 + 2500)

Where I *do* see a problem is that the End of Mission screen isn't showing a number for your Bonus Affinity, even though according to the game logs it actually does get submitted to the server. I've entered that as an issue for our UI teams.

So to reiterate:
- Affinity Booster doubling what you earn is rolled into the base amount. "Bonus Affinity" is a different mechanic and is what what you get for completing the mission
- The UI is currently not showing you a value for Bonus Affinity, but looking in the game logs, the actual number submitted to the server does include it properly.

So the issue isn't that were not getting the booster affinity, somehow were part of a select few that aren't getting the bonus affinity?  How does that work that some are effected and others are not?  Sheesh, feels like a reddit #fkyouinparticular type of deal here.

55 minutes ago, Switchken said:

So the issue isn't that were not getting the booster affinity, somehow were part of a select few that aren't getting the bonus affinity?  How does that work that some are effected and others are not?  Sheesh, feels like a reddit #fkyouinparticular type of deal here.

he described a UI Bug.

Yep same here.
I raised a Ticket almost 4 days ago now (No response yet)

I also have a 50% off that I want to use, not using it till I know that the Affinity Boost is fixed.
Also would be nice to get my days of Affinity Boost wasted back some how.

Archived