The Nihil Boss Fight was GOOD

14 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Let me put it this way:

I have a weird habit to look at my keyboard to see if capslock is on, even if I know it's off.

Basically my habit went into overkill and I looked at my keyboard for half the time. And yet still, the boss was so damn easy, I essentially beat him without looking at the screen.

The fight may have looked nice, but from a gameplay perspective, it was a joke.

If you came to warframe for a challenge you came to the wrong game unless your definition of a challenge is either do big damage or bring the same frames that basically don't take damage to get it done.

I found this fight both infuriating and tedious. However I suspect some of that was to do with me being bad at it. I also suspect it was actually a good fight. It's just that I spent so long being confused and annoyed that I was left in no postion to enjoy it. I preferred Octavia's Anthem as there was unlimited time to experiment and work out what to do. With Nihil barely anything is explained and every mistake is punished in some way.

Did complete it today on 4th attempt. This time I did put avery mod that could increase mobility etc because I had trouble to go around platforms and missing almost every time the moving crystals and Nihil xD

At the end I emptied the last bar standing and falling with 1 life left on the spawn platform and praying he sends the shard and not cleaving down. There were two other platforms left but quite far away and unreachable. So yes I could do everything on spawn but you fall just after an attempt at throwing IF Nihil throw a glass shard.

For me the difficulty is just fine, plateforming with these mechanics is ok. I failed a lot of times because simply missing the throw or not moving quick enough to avoid the blade :)

I enjoyed it. I liked the fight, the boss and so far I'm liking the sword too. I actually liked the fact that I had to be on the move all the time and couldn't rely on a given frame or weapon to cheese the fight. Difficulty was ok for me, although I found it quite forgiving that falling of the platforms didn't count as a death and that you can just ignore the clues spam break crystals and be done with it.

On 2020-10-28 at 6:20 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it wasn't the worst boss fight ever, nor the greatest. killing Nihil with our gear might have been too easy, but it would have been a lot more fun, and remind us that it's actually worth investing in gear outside of doing regular missions. just glad it's done and that eventually the glass boius will disappear (I think there'll be dancing in the relays when that day comes!)

This.  What would have made it a truly successful “boss-fight” is if the “Weave-fight” was a Part 1 with success meaning you pulled him into the real world where (Part 2) he threw glassed Cephalite minions at you and attacked you with his sword via the slam attacks and specials the weapon offers.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

It could have been done so many times better and rewarded us for our time spent in the game progressing our frames/weapons.

The current itteration would have been a good safety net for new players while letting us also use weapons for a multitude of different easy to come up with mechanics. They could have just added a damage cap on the life bars so fragments would still deal massive damage per throw, while allowing higher geared players to ignore that part and instead just play the parkour and gunplay game.

So far I can only say that the previous NW bosses have been alot better. Wolf needed more approapriate loadout setups while Prelate had fantastic mechanics tied to it for a proper boss fight. Wolf was a sponge that could have been better, but making a damage type that important was good. Prelate was a straight upgrade from that and now Nihil was a steep downgrade imo.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't bother, since it was in an environment, that tend to give me severe vertigo. Glassmaker's realm, the sentient tileset, the old simulacrum, mastery tests, parts of the Jupiter tileset and Varus' realm... All cause everything from dizziness and nausea to jolts of phantom pain.

The intermission can't get here fast enough.

I was glad it wasn't just another boss I could one shot. Would I liked to have to use weapons? Sure, but I liked being tested on anticipation and dodging instead of "how overkill can you build your weapon (because let's be honest, you're never using your secondary or melee)?" boss no. 2168504585. I'd love more bosses like the Jackal fight where you have to think, but different and more complex the higher the difficulty.

I see some accessibility problems from other users which is a valid concern and something the fight could've accommodated for better.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc
On 2020-10-28 at 2:32 PM, (XBOX)DarknessZeref said:

I was just taken aback by the fact that you only need to do the fight once and there's no replay value whatsoever. It's just like "congratz, bye". Kinda awkward. Plus knowing this fight probably won't EVER return is also like...why? Fight was good, but let's not pretend like it won't disappear forever in 2 months. Vitrica will return via Baro? Stream drop? None know now, but waiting 6 months for a 1-hitter quitter is unsettling at best. Was hoping for a node, some replayability, some cosmetic maybe? At worst I thought at least Nora would stop making claims of enemies being glassed...yet none of those important pieces were included. 

This event happening in the middle of an inter-galactic war between emo teens and sentient machines lead by space milf while having no connection or mention if said war..........is in itself awkward.

On 2020-10-30 at 4:21 AM, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

This.  What would have made it a truly successful “boss-fight” is if the “Weave-fight” was a Part 1 with success meaning you pulled him into the real world where (Part 2) he threw glassed Cephalite minions at you and attacked you with his sword via the slam attacks and specials the weapon offers.

So for the average player, it's...the current bossfight, a cutscene transition, and a dead body after the sound of gunfire because that's how all bossfights go unless there's copious invulnerability phases....which this community also hates

I'd call it less than mediocre. Not terrible, but misses expectations.

Lets look at the other nightwave bosses, Wolf's final fight (omitting the random encounters) was simple but inoffensive. The Prelate fight was spot on, this is the bar that should be aimed for.

Nihil was... Ehhh. After reading many reviews both glowing and damning I have realized there's a level of RNG that dictates the level of difficulty a player might encounter. All throws no swings? Sleepwalk to the finish. All swings no throws? Keyboard smashing frustration. Perfect balance? Probably doesn't care enough to post about it. Oneshots always feel cheap no matter the context, and they made a boss that deals nothing but oneshots. Personally I would've made it so you only get killed instantly if you're glassed at the time of impact.

I give it a 4/10, I expected better