Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aside from some CC and a small amount of radial damage, does glassing enemies with Vitrica actually do anything?

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Question

The wiki says it "shatters" enemies glassed by the sword.  I slam attack glassed enemies that are taking no damage from any other sources (I literally took off my smeeta and ran a mission outside the simulacrum to test this.) and...  Nothing happens.  The glass effect stays on the enemies half the time and there's no special effect I can tell from dozens of tests.  It doesn't appear like there's any kind of "shatter" mechanic and glassing doesn't appear to do anything but a minor sleep effect.  That's fine if that's the case, but the wiki almost makes it sound like there's some kind of insta-kill mechanic.  Am I missing something?  What is slam attacking supposed to accomplish?  The tiny amount of radial damage if the glass actually decides to explode?

1 answer to this question

8 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

The wiki says it "shatters" enemies glassed by the sword.  I slam attack glassed enemies that are taking no damage from any other sources (I literally took off my smeeta and ran a mission outside the simulacrum to test this.) and...  Nothing happens.  The glass effect stays on the enemies half the time and there's no special effect I can tell from dozens of tests.  It doesn't appear like there's any kind of "shatter" mechanic and glassing doesn't appear to do anything but a minor sleep effect.  That's fine if that's the case, but the wiki almost makes it sound like there's some kind of insta-kill mechanic.  Am I missing something?  What is slam attacking supposed to accomplish?  The tiny amount of radial damage if the glass actually decides to explode?

Killing blow, cd,cc,damage, combo counter,  doesn't seem fun. 

Archived