Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

Edit: **This post was to portray how World Level Progression and Rewards in are being distribute**.

So I hope u read the title first before u give your feedback. I mean no hate in both games.

I just want to share my experience which I'd like to share some ideas to make Warframe prosper in some missing areas of the game. So it's up for the developers how to imply some changes in their game.

I'll put some bullet points to make it simple.

• World Scaling in Genshin Impact Ranks means the Adventure Rank (AR)  btw I'm AR 36-37 atm of posting this. Star Items are the (Rarity) 5 is the max rarity.

*Increasing World level means the lvl of enemy increase the higher chance of getting 4-5 Star rare Items such as artifacts and rare resources.*

Ranks 1-19 (World Level 0)   - Drops 1-2 star items

Ranks 20-24 (World Level 1) - Drops 1-2 and a chance of 3 star items

Ranks 25-29 (World Level 2) - Drops guarantee 2-3 star rare items & amount increase

Ranks 30-34 (World Level 3) - Drops 1-3 and a chance of 4 star rare items

Ranks 35-39 (World Level 4) - Drops guarantee 1- 4 star item w/ amount increase and small chance of getting 5 star item.

Ranks 40-44 (World Level 5) - Drops a higher chance to get 4-5 star items

Ranks 45-49 (World Level 6) - Drops a much higher chance of getting 5 star items & amount increase

Ranks 50+    (World Level 7)  - Drops rates are unknown at the time of this post.

• Domains (Dungeons) - It's good application on which a place specific to grind materials for each specific characters

2x  Domains of Forgery (Weapon Ascension Mats) - 1-5 star Weapon Materials

5x  Domains of Blessing (Artifacts and Explicit Sets) -1-5 star  Armor Sets

2x  Domains of Mastery (Talent Level-Up Mats) - 2-4 Star Talent Books (Ability XP)

*Some Dungeons rotates on specific days 4x Domains of Forgery (Mon-Fridays) and  4x Domains of Mastery (Mon-Fridays)*

• Character and Weapon and Artifact XP- "Ascending" a term to lvl up characters according to its World Level. From 40/50/60/70/80/90 lvl in which increase the reosources require everytime a character ascends it's level.

Character XP - XP Books are obtain from Enemy. Wild Chests. World Bosses and World Missions (Ley Lines). Spiral Abyss and other World Events.

Weapon XP   - Transmuting 1-5 star Weapons or mining rocks crystals and transmute them into mystical xp ores.

Artififact XP  -Transmuting 1-5 star Artifacts. (Armors)

• Artifacts 1-5 star  (Head, Goblet, Hourglass,Feather, and Flower) - Stats are RNG & duplicates can be made (Rivens in Warframe)

*RNG because, it provides replayability to grind specific dungeon* Not broken since there are no mods to increase on top of it.*

• Weapons 1-5 star - Weapons doesn't have RNG but what it has its locked behind the gacha system. But also there 4 star craftable weapons that is free and very good to use. Duplicates can improve it's stats up to 5x by refining
  • Characters - Also lock behind gacha system but they provide "free" characters in some events except 5-star character for now. Also duplicates provide an improvements to unlock their constellation. Some characters don't need rely on it often. I suggest Main Character has some free upgrade which is really usefull. 

• World Bosses and World Events- All can be found maps and guide books.         

2x Weekly Bosses- It needs resin to obtain very rare rewards

21 x World Bosses- Some need resin to obtain rewards and some aren't.

Spiral Abyss - A survival/time trial end game content of which finishing 8 floors will unlock the infinite floors of 9+ and yet barely other players haven't beaten the game to much extent... The catch was it reset every 2 weeks where rewards given was also resets (Only floors 9+ resets)

Explorations - Puzzles, Secret Caves and Dungeons we're also part of the fun.

• Reward System and Resource Requirments -

** It's RNG. Although, as the World Lvl increases the rewards also increased. But also the requirments to build characters also increases.

Also the resource are craftable from requiring 3x of 3-Star talent and weapon resoruce to obtain 1x 4-Star talent and weapon resource. **

So...

CONS : Resin System (Recharge System) once run out it's either spend in-game currency to refill. Or wait a certain time to fully max charge it . May bound changes but I doubt it :D

PROS: I play it on my PC or my Phone. Or do both Warframe on PC while nothing else to do. Play Genshin on phone. #Realgamer 😎  Which the game also feels AAA-title just listen all the sounds tracks on YT... "Astonishing"

Overall I only talk about how Genshin Impact System works I hope some of u sparks some good ideas not to say copying it but find a ways to make Warframe to be much more wholesome in terms of progression system of content, rewards, and such

I suggest to see it urself and I am still Free-to-Play player both Warframe and Genshin. Except I pay Warframe for Tenno-Gen skins :) 

2 minutes ago, Tchaikovskies said:

I don't understand. What can Warframe learn form GI? You just listed a few things that GI has. How can these things be introduced and why should they introduce them?

World Level Progressions and reward distributions.

1 minute ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I want Warframe to be like Among Us. Just so I can be the imposter that stabs the OP in the back for making this dumb topic.

My bad if u got insulted I'm posting this because just had Nezha Prime maxed and the Vitrica... So I have nothing else to do :D

Genshin Impact and Warframe are two totally different games, with totally different issues.

Don't think a gacha game that limits your playtime so heavily, versus a glorified pew-pew fashion simulator with content droughts and questionable release stability can really be compared apples to apples.

That said I do have fun with them both, not so much Warframe anymore, but that's why I take breaks.

As someone who plays (and enjoys) Genshin Impact... I don't think Warframe adopting any facets of Genshin is a good idea. I think it'd be a very bad idea. The games are so fundamentally different that I think they shouldn't be looking to one another for how to change, as the only thing they really have in common is that they're Free to Play.

Implementing a world leveling system and rotating reward pools like Genshin has would mean leveling new frames and weapons would be far harder, if you join a mission in a beginner area and face high level enemies right off the bat. And rotating reward pools would mean players would have to wait for a specific day of the week to try and get something, instead of being able to attempt it at any time.

And I know you didn't mention it, but the absolute last thing Warframe needs is a stamina system (a la Genshin Resin). Or the loot box gambling. 

39 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

And I know you didn't mention it, but the absolute last thing Warframe needs is a stamina system (a la Genshin Resin). Or the loot box gambling. 

Hi I did mention about the cons of Resins. Only in PvP has issue with loot box as they provide advantage against other players. Gambling isn't fully illegal and it's our responsibility when to use it. And I had much pride with no 5-starcharacter  but with full constellation Noell talking about luc. Thats all F2P my friend :D

40 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The games are so fundamentally different that I think they shouldn't be looking to one another for how to change, as the only thing they really have in common is that they're Free to Play.

Unfortunate since Warframe did every experiment a lot, and never fixed the issue like the rewards and the progression in the game. The "connection" people been looking was the World Lvl progression system where enemies & rewards scales from ur Adventure Rank. Which the MR in Genshin has more value holds. 

44 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Implementing a world leveling system and rotating reward pools like Genshin has would mean leveling new frames and weapons would be far harder, if you join a mission in a beginner area and face high level enemies right off the bat. And rotating reward pools would mean players would have to wait for a specific day of the week to try and get something, instead of being able to attempt it at any time.

Well means of ascending into a World lvl means u've pass the test they provide to move forward into another world lvl. So no issue bringing ur character unless it's underlvl and has no artifact installed. I guess what their aiming was to make XP books as a reward which it's somthing worth meaningfull to get imo. Thier motive was slowing down to lvl-up each character and also use that max character for a long time to grind for another character and the loop as it goes.

In terms of Raw damage it wouldn't be an issue since ur weapon and a decent artifact will carry u end-game. Which artifact hold the most importance in game. My Lvl 1 Kaeya can dmg 1k+ w/ a proper gear. Try it and that speaks for itself.

Archived