Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

22 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Giving free stuff absolutely doesn't mean killing their profits lmao how did they even get this far if they weren't making any profits? Also its pretty funny how you won't even elaborate on how to implement new features yet call out DE for pushing out half baked content. Yeah I can tell you're not an employee or anything because you clearly don't understand how any of this works. You're the one who clearly lacks any sort of imagination because you just named off a bunch of features that GI has and tbh aren't even done all that well in that game and expect the developers to magically come up with a way to implement those systems.

And maybe DE shouldn't be trying to copy the biggest thing out there right now because its clear that they have their own vision and don't need to jump on some dumb trend to stay relevant.

And again, Rivens don't matter and aren't a crucial part of the game. You just decided they were and play around them which is fine. But a game doesn't need a completely random generated reward to stay interesting. You say you wouldn't be back if any of those RNG-related things didn't exist? Well who cares lmao. There's plenty of other things in this game that aren't RNG.

Warframe profits are in survival state. They can't push more content so often. So instead they did it annualy. Howerver so much waiting and often ending up dissapointing the majority of the playerbase.

If Warframe content was that good. They should have been sustaining 100K+ people playing at this point. Linear gameplay will not last until it hits the ceiling definitely. It's why Sorties, Rivens, Relics, Loot Drops are RNG. Removing RNG will literally kill the content in this game. Means this will add more problems for Dev's as the demands for content will increase rapidly. Just search online why RNG is important. If u still ignore by that fact that is good.

Short Definition Online:

For many people, RNG is great for keeping games unpredictable and fresh. Random number generators are a crucial part of the gameplay in many modern puzzle games, card games, and RPGs, and they've been used to good effect in some action and multiplayer games. RNG can be good.

9 minutes ago, AlexMercer said:

No please stop we do not need more threads on how warframe should be like this or that game.

It will works if they initiate it perfectly.  However people have high expectations. Yet they hype, and fail to retain those expectations.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Yeah, these threads are redundant as DE is already doing that themselves. I wonder what game the pick to copy next?

If they initiate it well. Warframe could be the next big thing. I'm still optimistic in this game . Although by the lack of content ahead. I couldn't be more worrysome. Devs mentioned almost dying creating this game.

Digital Extremes. Having a staff of only 200+ is exceptional to look this good. But it burdens a lot of demands for content.

Mi-Ho-Yo specially it's in China. They have least 1500 staffs to work on a game. Means more content gets released ahead of time. That could be working on a game like Genshin and adding more big updates & content it which are in weeks, month or so.

Having less budget and less ways to generate money. It's what we all get, I guess.

38 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

If they initiate it well. Warframe could be the next big thing. I'm still optimistic in this game . Although by the lack of content ahead. I couldn't be more worrysome. Devs mentioned almost dying creating this game.

Digital Extremes. Having a staff of only 200+ is exceptional to look this good. But it burdens a lot of demands for content.

Mi-Ho-Yo specially it's in China. They have least 1500 staffs to work on a game. Means more content gets released ahead of time. That could be working on a game like Genshin and adding more big updates & content it which are in weeks, month or so.

Having less budget and less ways to generate money. It's what we all get, I guess.

So, just abandon imagination and copy from other games on a desperate attemp to entice them to come over and buy something? Well since they keep doing it i guess it's working as intended. Still, don't see how problems at DE have anything to do with this, unless you want us to storm their company headquarters to "save" them? Hah!

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

So, just abandon imagination and copy from other games on a desperate attemp to entice them to come over and buy something? Well since they keep doing it i guess it's working as intended. Still, don't see how problems at DE have anything to do with this, unless you want us to storm their company headquarters to "save" them? Hah!

You said: "Well since they keep doing it i guess it's working as intended"

Sorry but contiiously doing it & keeping things left behind unpolished isn't a right habbit to do so.

• Imagination for DE means a lot of task. It's why having a budget is important. For further research and content development. But u can't achieve if thier profit doesn't provide any means to support it. It's why reverse engineering  an idea is much easier to provide a foundation on where to start, and so forth to further improve on what works good & bad.
  • Save? I don't think so. Although my original post only gives intel about the positive mechanics of the game. It's why I never talk about the gacha system further more. Since it's not neccesarry for it to know, from the perspective if you are a game desinger since it's up to them on how to work a way around it

I

2 hours ago, LoriSei said:

You said: "Well since they keep doing it i guess it's working as intended"

Sorry but contiiously doing it & keeping things left behind unpolished isn't a right habbit to do so.

• Imagination for DE means a lot of task. It's why having a budget is important. For further research and content development. But u can't achieve if thier profit doesn't provide any means to support it. It's why reverse engineering  an idea is much easier to provide a foundation on where to start, and so forth to further improve on what works good & bad.
  • Save? I don't think so. Although my original post only gives intel about the positive mechanics of the game. It's why I never talk about the gacha system further more. Since it's not neccesarry for it to know, from the perspective if you are a game desinger since it's up to them on how to work a way around it

I

Well, what do you expect me or any other player to do about any of that? If you want some control on what happens at DE you need to become a shareholder. I was just calling it the way i see it, not like i KNOW how profitable recycling old crap from other games and trying to forcefully shove it into warframe actually is...

10 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Well, what do you expect me or any other player to do about any of that? If you want some control on what happens at DE you need to become a shareholder. I was just calling it the way i see it, not like i KNOW how profitable recycling old crap from other games and trying to forcefully shove it into warframe actually is...

Well I'm not forcing them since they can do whatever they want. But reminding them. To focus how on ways how to make them prosper least enough to improve content progression.

I can even made a seperate topic" Why Warframe is limited for good content" One big example is being Overpowered. Feels like my life switch- EZ mode from the beginning to the end.

8 hours ago, brasteir said:

I think Genshin Impact should be more like warframe. Got 4 new characters I can't do anything with because I don't have the resources to level them up. What's the point of pulling?

Eventualy as the game progress. More of the contents will be added. Although resources are scatter Open-World and Genshin likes you to travel around. Just like how BotW works.

Specially the grinds towards Max Lvl is way harder to obtain. Obviously it was intented to be that way. Or else the game would be easy. Just like how I grind Nezha Prime max level  whole set and weapons in a matter of hours. Then after that. Had nothing else to do.

More grind means I had more time to be with my waifus then ill switch when I'm satisfied. Mi-Ho-Yo: Otakus (Weeb) loves their waifus & husbandos. So means a lot more time spending with them. So thats one way to look on their perspectives. Unless you don't know how to appreciates, and likes to "try" everything and leave. Is one of the first signs of  breakup-relationships  😉

Well it's pyschologicaly what Mi-ho-yo wants u to think personaly :D... So take ur time and travel around and eventually ull get what u need.

But in the end just focus on what u have > lvl up  them, and then switch. So it doesnt get though when increasing from World Lvl's.

11 hours ago, LoriSei said:

Specially the grinds towards Max Lvl is way harder to obtain. Obviously it was intented to be that way. Or else the game would be easy. Just like how I grind Nezha Prime max level  whole set and weapons in a matter of hours. Then after that. Had nothing else to do.

Your idea of hard and easy is breathtakingly silly.

Timegates do not mean it is harder, just that it is slower. Only RNG or the challenge/difficulty of the content can decide if something is hard to obtain. Having to spend 7 hours over 7 days to reach 7000xp is the same as reaching it in 1 day over 7 hours, the first method is simply an artifical time increase made by the developers to make it looks like people play each day, even if that means they only play 1h per day.

On 2020-11-04 at 1:04 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Your idea of hard and easy is breathtakingly silly.

Timegates do not mean it is harder, just that it is slower. Only RNG or the challenge/difficulty of the content can decide if something is hard to obtain. Having to spend 7 hours over 7 days to reach 7000xp is the same as reaching it in 1 day over 7 hours, the first method is simply an artifical time increase made by the developers to make it looks like people play each day, even if that means they only play 1h per day.

Yes it's easier to obtain items. It's why Warframe has reasons to time-gate syndicates. Since rewards there aren't meant to obtain overnight. Specially the game doesn't have rewards to provide after everyone gets it. Time-Gate gives value to each items-rewards individualy, and it's why I can sell syndicate items for at least 30p. Without time-gates items means to hold no value becaase rewards are dropping like common items. So Genshin add time-gates to maintain it's rarity.

On 2020-10-28 at 7:37 PM, (NSW)VenTheWeeb said:

can't wait to see "Warframe should be like Cyberpunk 2077" thread in December

Or maybe in January

For sure in February

Potentially in March

For sure this time in April

Definitely for sure in May

Absolutely positively for sure in June

6 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Yes it's easier to obtain items. It's why Warframe has reasons to time-gate syndicates. Since rewards there aren't meant to obtain overnight. Specially the game doesn't have rewards to provide after everyone gets it. Time-Gate gives value to each items-rewards individualy, and it's why I can sell syndicate items for at least 30p. Without time-gates items means to hold no value becaase rewards are dropping like common items. So Genshin add time-gates to maintain it's rarity.

Timegates doesnt increase the value, it just adds pointless tedium to the game. RNG adds value since it lets you actively chase something as much as you like at your own pace. Same deal if something is tied to difficulty or challenge in the encounter where it drops.

Timegates also dont add anything to ratity, since everyone will have obtained said item within X amount of time played. Timegates are simply bad, luckily we dont have many of them in WF that blocks us regarding what to do, since ours are mostly based on crafting times. But when it comes to crafting I rather take our timegate based crafting over the otherwise popular timesink crafting system, since the gate in WF allows me to do other things in game while I craft. In a sink based game I'd have to spend realtime crafting. So it ends up being a matter of taste and I'm pretty fed up with realtime crafting after 20 years or so of MMO gaming with such systems.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Timegates doesnt increase the value, it just adds pointless tedium to the game. RNG adds value since it lets you actively chase something as much as you like at your own pace. Same deal if something is tied to difficulty or challenge in the encounter where it drops.

Timegates also dont add anything to ratity, since everyone will have obtained said item within X amount of time played. Timegates are simply bad, luckily we dont have many of them in WF that blocks us regarding what to do, since ours are mostly based on crafting times. But when it comes to crafting I rather take our timegate based crafting over the otherwise popular timesink crafting system, since the gate in WF allows me to do other things in game while I craft. In a sink based game I'd have to spend realtime crafting. So it ends up being a matter of taste and I'm pretty fed up with realtime crafting after 20 years or so of MMO gaming with such systems.

Time-Gates It maintains value. Just look when Argon Scope from Acolydes was added to Deimos it went 150p ==>5p. Having no rarity to games just makes content more bland to grind.

7 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Just look when Argon Scope from Acolydes was added to Deimos it went 150p ==>5p.

That wasn't a time-gate, that was a "This item is literally unavailable except through trading so players can jack up the prices"-gate. It didn't "add" value, it inflated it.

Just now, LoriSei said:

Time-Gates It maintains value. Just look when Argon Scope from Acolydes was added to Deimos it went 150p ==>5p. Having no rarity to games just makes content more bland to grind.

Something locked behind a rare event is not the same as having daily timegates tied to a common content grind. We have gates here in WF aswell on content, like focus, syndicates and factions in general. They are however not really an issue unless you are very old in the game since they all take more daily time to complete than most players have time to spend. And even when you are maxed out you can grind it all for more rewards to sell, which lets you play practically as much as you like on a daily basis. And outside of these gated activities we still have plenty not tied to gates that lets us progress as we see fit.

19 minutes ago, Corvid said:

That wasn't a time-gate, that was a "This item is literally unavailable except through trading so players can jack up the prices"-gate. It didn't "add" value, it inflated it.

What inflates? The price value?

In the end. Reasons are similar. So without it. Items are easily obtainable , and therefore contents in-game drains faster, and everything will turn into common value.

36 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

Why do players want this game to be another game...
Play the other game!
That simple!

Systems that are taken in some capacity from other games:

Weapon switching, guns in general, primary/secondary loadout system, loadouts, stat bonuses, mods, Bullet Jump, wall run, sprint melee, stalker, star chart, free roam, procedurally generated missions...

Almost every system in Warframe is at least partially taken from other games, many of which took them from other games. That's how development of any creative medium works. People iterate on the designs of other creators, either to try create something better, or create something different. Warframe is no exception. As such, using other games as inspiration for suggestions is entirely reasonable, provided the person is themselves reasonable.

Now, this thread's a train wreck, but that's not because the idea of taking inspiration is flawed, it's the execution of it that has failed, or been under-considered.

Is this like genshin impact white knights vs warframe white knights? I should've brought the popcorn

Btw i played genshin recently and,idk i liked it tho now im kinda getting bored and getting stuck in the ar20-ish with nothing to do,it has its flaws tho.

Warframe had enough of copying from other games or being like other games tbh,the games is a walking spaghetti boloneze and now all of the sudden they want to add another open world out of nowhere and last year they added an unpolished shooter mode called railjack.

On 2020-10-29 at 3:21 AM, LoriSei said:

Edit: **This post was to portray how World Level Progression and Rewards in are being distribute**.

So I hope u read the title first before u give your feedback. I mean no hate in both games.

I just want to share my experience which I'd like to share some ideas to make Warframe prosper in some missing areas of the game. So it's up for the developers how to imply some changes in their game.

I'll put some bullet points to make it simple.

• World Scaling in Genshin Impact Ranks means the Adventure Rank (AR)  btw I'm AR 36-37 atm of posting this. Star Items are the (Rarity) 5 is the max rarity.

*Increasing World level means the lvl of enemy increase the higher chance of getting 4-5 Star rare Items such as artifacts and rare resources.*

Ranks 1-19 (World Level 0)   - Drops 1-2 star items

Ranks 20-24 (World Level 1) - Drops 1-2 and a chance of 3 star items

Ranks 25-29 (World Level 2) - Drops guarantee 2-3 star rare items & amount increase

Ranks 30-34 (World Level 3) - Drops 1-3 and a chance of 4 star rare items

Ranks 35-39 (World Level 4) - Drops guarantee 1- 4 star item w/ amount increase and small chance of getting 5 star item.

Ranks 40-44 (World Level 5) - Drops a higher chance to get 4-5 star items

Ranks 45-49 (World Level 6) - Drops a much higher chance of getting 5 star items & amount increase

Ranks 50+    (World Level 7)  - Drops rates are unknown at the time of this post.

• Domains (Dungeons) - It's good application on which a place specific to grind materials for each specific characters

2x  Domains of Forgery (Weapon Ascension Mats) - 1-5 star Weapon Materials

5x  Domains of Blessing (Artifacts and Explicit Sets) -1-5 star  Armor Sets

2x  Domains of Mastery (Talent Level-Up Mats) - 2-4 Star Talent Books (Ability XP)

*Some Dungeons rotates on specific days 4x Domains of Forgery (Mon-Fridays) and  4x Domains of Mastery (Mon-Fridays)*

• Character and Weapon and Artifact XP- "Ascending" a term to lvl up characters according to its World Level. From 40/50/60/70/80/90 lvl in which increase the reosources require everytime a character ascends it's level.

Character XP - XP Books are obtain from Enemy. Wild Chests. World Bosses and World Missions (Ley Lines). Spiral Abyss and other World Events.

Weapon XP   - Transmuting 1-5 star Weapons or mining rocks crystals and transmute them into mystical xp ores.

Artififact XP  -Transmuting 1-5 star Artifacts. (Armors)

• Artifacts 1-5 star  (Head, Goblet, Hourglass,Feather, and Flower) - Stats are RNG & duplicates can be made (Rivens in Warframe)

*RNG because, it provides replayability to grind specific dungeon* Not broken since there are no mods to increase on top of it.*

• Weapons 1-5 star - Weapons doesn't have RNG but what it has its locked behind the gacha system. But also there 4 star craftable weapons that is free and very good to use. Duplicates can improve it's stats up to 5x by refining
  • Characters - Also lock behind gacha system but they provide "free" characters in some events except 5-star character for now. Also duplicates provide an improvements to unlock their constellation. Some characters don't need rely on it often. I suggest Main Character has some free upgrade which is really usefull. 

• World Bosses and World Events- All can be found maps and guide books.         

2x Weekly Bosses- It needs resin to obtain very rare rewards

21 x World Bosses- Some need resin to obtain rewards and some aren't.

Spiral Abyss - A survival/time trial end game content of which finishing 8 floors will unlock the infinite floors of 9+ and yet barely other players haven't beaten the game to much extent... The catch was it reset every 2 weeks where rewards given was also resets (Only floors 9+ resets)

Explorations - Puzzles, Secret Caves and Dungeons we're also part of the fun.

• Reward System and Resource Requirments -

** It's RNG. Although, as the World Lvl increases the rewards also increased. But also the requirments to build characters also increases.

Also the resource are craftable from requiring 3x of 3-Star talent and weapon resoruce to obtain 1x 4-Star talent and weapon resource. **

So...

CONS : Resin System (Recharge System) once run out it's either spend in-game currency to refill. Or wait a certain time to fully max charge it . May bound changes but I doubt it :D

PROS: I play it on my PC or my Phone. Or do both Warframe on PC while nothing else to do. Play Genshin on phone. #Realgamer 😎  Which the game also feels AAA-title just listen all the sounds tracks on YT... "Astonishing"

Overall I only talk about how Genshin Impact System works I hope some of u sparks some good ideas not to say copying it but find a ways to make Warframe to be much more wholesome in terms of progression system of content, rewards, and such

I suggest to see it urself and I am still Free-to-Play player both Warframe and Genshin. Except I pay Warframe for Tenno-Gen skins :) 

The whole 1-5 star system in that game is utter garbage to begin with, therefore absolutely no thanks.

Archived