Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

What happened to you?

Your posts show that you took a break for 2 weeks and then came back and started to talk about genshin impact in every response.

Kinda looks like you got kidnapped and then brainwashed into thinking mobile devices are master race and that Genshin impact is the best game ever.

I don't even know if you're joking or not. 

OP, abandon this thread. You can clearly see people are against your potrayals/ideas, idk what you even typed out. Worse yet, you haven't proven anything and provided no arguments as to why it should be considered.

And quit drinking the Mihoyo cool-aide, you give them too much credit. They're just another game company. 

On 2020-10-30 at 3:00 PM, Tricky5hift said:

You could also make the argument that after Tencent Leyou bought Riot Digital Extremes they basically ruined the game because soon after they started releasing all these dumb overpowered champions warframes that took forever to balance but hey, its an excuse to make more skins to sell.

Hmmm...sorry for late response to that post but sure seems interesting. Ok, back to my Candy Crush vs Angry Birds posts in Reddit.

23 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hmmm...sorry for late response to that post but sure seems interesting. Ok, back to my Candy Crush vs Angry Birds posts in Reddit.

Except the most OP frames as it stands are the ones made before Leyou became an investor (with newer frames often being called underpowered in comparison), so that comparison falls flat immediately.

only 2 things i can see that can be taken an examples, the world itself and the combat flow. World is nice, got plenty of things to grab and it pleasing to the eyes. As for Combat flow, its fine for the most part, dodging and dealing dmg as u normally do until the shielded enemies starting to pop out or the 1st element slime kind of enemies, afterwards the game makes u proceed with caution and counter the elements. Yes, WF did this with Nox and Glassed Enemies, so would suggest make this an elite kind of enemies that you often get at higher levels but not at the rate of lvl 1000 and every enemies that swarms u are this one or make it spawn occasionally like Infested Juggernauts.

On 2020-10-28 at 9:54 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's not like the players are alone in this.  Every quarter we get a new update with some weird new mechanic in it because a dev played another game and just really needed that game to be in this game.

Lol this.

Archwings,  k-drives, railjack, mechs.....all throw away ideas imo. 

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Except the most OP frames as it stands are the ones made before Leyou became an investor (with newer frames often being called underpowered in comparison), so that comparison falls flat immediately.

Yeah honestly if Leyou wasn't bought out by Tencent I'd say they deserve their money back after Xaku's release lol.

Thankfully DE is not under any sort of major financial pressure to put out good content other than from us players I guess.

Should still strive to put out good solid content and use the freedom they have to impress us.

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

The lack of a sense of humor is astonishing...but expected on these forums.

On 2020-11-06 at 9:27 PM, Hierarch777 said:

OP, abandon this thread. You can clearly see people are against your potrayals/ideas, idk what you even typed out. Worse yet, you haven't proven anything and provided no arguments as to why it should be considered.

And quit drinking the Mihoyo cool-aide, you give them too much credit. They're just another game company. 

I work for 4 days so I just happen now to see the thread and the news udate .  It's fine to suggest in the beggining but somtimes it's misunderstood as an attack towards a game. Like talks about "bads#ithing" but in Warframe I would say it's the best but it lacks of content to say at least.

In Genshin it's fine if their gacha, but the contents are promised weekly and big-updates comes within 5-6 weeks. Their road-map also shows a clear end-game "Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview" in YT. Lastty everthing expected on a specific date in-schedule. So I can fix my schedule according to the date.

On 2020-11-09 at 8:44 AM, LoriSei said:

I work for 4 days so I just happen now to see the thread and the news udate .  It's fine to suggest in the beggining but somtimes it's misunderstood as an attack towards a game. Like talks about "bads#ithing" but in Warframe I would say it's the best but it lacks of content to say at least.

In Genshin it's fine if their gacha, but the contents are promised weekly and big-updates comes within 5-6 weeks. Their road-map also shows a clear end-game "Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview" in YT. Lastty everthing expected on a specific date in-schedule. So I can fix my schedule according to the date.

If you want warframe to be like genshin so much just play genshin. Don't come back. You clearly see the hate and disagreements from almost everyone here, they don't like the idea. I don't like the idea. I've never played Genshin, and I certainly do not plan on it. Get this through your skull into that big ol' brain of yours.

We don't want it. We don't want gacha elements in this game. We don't want 2 week timegates. We don't want an energy system you eventually pay some form of currency for. We don't want anything from that game. So please, please, I beg you to abandon this, you're getting nowhere fast.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)SmokeSkele said:

If you want warframe to be like genshin so much just play genshin. Don't come back. You clearly see the hate and disagreements from almost everyone here, they don't like the idea. I don't like the idea. I've never played Genshin, and I certainly do not plan on it. Get this through your skull into that big ol' brain of yours.

We don't want it. We don't want gacha elements in this game. We don't want 2 week timegates. We don't want an energy system you eventually pay some form of currency for. We don't want anything from that game. So please, please, I beg you to abandon this, you're getting nowhere fast.

This person needs and award, because he's saying it like it is.

It's curious how someone may think that new and unproven game with greedy and poorly executed economy that relies on milking their player base could teach WF anything. 

If anyone should take a notes and listen, it's GI. WF is old and by all parameters super successful veteran, there are very few games like it. 

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Why does this thread keep crawling back on the main page?

Because people keep, y'know, replying it,
Just like you did just now : )

I will be honest,Combat wise maybe warframe could learn some things from genshin and maybe a lil bit bout open world even tho genshin sorta repeatitive for the most part with the open world design but,its not many.

Endgame in genshin is pretty trash and forceful with the damn gear check and dumb artifacts rng,Coop is pretty limited like you can only explore and do domains with people and thats about it you cant join with a mission with them,also i dunno how to turn coop off and its getting pretty annoying ngl.

Getting new characters is like pulling off your own teeth,especially the 5 stars one,that you have to be either incredibly lucky or spend alot of money,basically every trash gacha game system to lure people in to invest in them.

Ar(Adventure Rank,you get that while exploring and interacting with the world doing missions opening chests and clearing stuff) is getting a bit too time demanding after ar 20 and forces you a bit to explore even if you dont want to,you can level up slowly by taking your time but it can take a bit of a long while and you are locked out of main quests unless you get it up,Then again most of them arent really that intresting atm especially after the dragon one,i kinda think its a better system than warframes Mastery rank but i still dont like having to do optional stuff too much in order to make prograss.

The resin system is pretty meh,it drains too fast and you have to wait ages for it to refill or you are forced to refill it by yourself so you cant do much stuff that isnt exploring around and missions.

Tl;dr:i like genshin a tad bit so far but it has alot of downfalls,especially the forced to pay for more characters unless getting super lucky or getting time gated for dungeons and bosses and while Warframe is obviously a flawed rough gem that will never get polished to its own expected potentional copying too much stuff from other games aint gonna do the justice especially ones with P2W bs.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)SmokeSkele said:

Well somehow Warframe needs to be consistent in content in order get more people to play the game. Suggestions wouldn't hurt a two. Since Devs have common sense on what works for them, and it's not for me to decide. But it doesn't mean all thier decisions are effective. If so, we wouldn't have this talk in the first place.

Like I said I play both games, luckily Genshin is portable. So eitherway I can play both games at the same time. No hate in particular. I invest my time/money playing this game, and thats enough prove my support for them.

In terms of content at this point I'm just leaning towards Genshin. But it may varies in time. Because what I'm after is a meaningfull grind.

Such as  grinds that not being exploited

Grinds that engages players to grind instead of afk on screen.

Enemies up-to lvl 100 becomes more difficult and enemy bosses that fights back.

Last but not least "Resources & Rewards serves important purpose." So neither of them will go to waste. (Materials to craft Stat Boost)

The difference between Mihoyo and DE is manpower. DE has approx 500 employees, whereas Mihoyo has over 1500. There's your answer as to why your cringe weaboo game gets more consistent and frequent updates, compared to Wf. DE has a roadmap of their own, every game dev has that, it's a basic part of development. Mihoyo is nothing special, they're just another asian game dev. Besides, their games are directed towards thirsty weebs. 

OP probably just lacks patience for new content, and probably speed-ran the majority of Wf and burned themself out. 

25 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

The difference between Mihoyo and DE is manpower. DE has approx 500 employees, whereas Mihoyo has over 1500. There's your answer as to why your cringe weaboo game gets more consistent and frequent updates, compared to Wf. DE has a roadmap of their own, every game dev has that, it's a basic part of development. Mihoyo is nothing special, they're just another asian game dev. Besides, their games are directed towards thirsty weebs. 

OP probably just lacks patience for new content, and probably speed-ran the majority of Wf and burned themself out. 

lets just put long time players and 'speedrunners' to a corner and just look at it from a casual player perspective (since forums love that)  , whats the retention value in this game even for a casual player ? someone sees after a couple months break theres a nezha prime farm going , some old demos stuff and what ? i mean and then what even casuals have top tier stuff now , whats there to push their gear for ? 
Unless you religiously love the art of this game which i wouldnt blame that person but .. i mean is there any incentive once you get to know modding .. 

we kill same old aimbot grineer with hide and seek behaviour and infested with just zerg-rush and nothing more , corpus is relatively okay i guess , whats the play value i mean even for a casual , why someone would just farm lets say 2 kuva wepaons for further increased stats and optimizing melee and  their other gear/loadouts to slay level 100's ? i mean can we have a cookie someday 

1 hour ago, Hierarch777 said:

Well Warframe should be a bigger company by now. Mihoyo established in 2011 with only 7 people working on Honkai Impact 3. Then employed 200 and to 1500 currently. I would say they just did a great marketing for the game, and specially pave the way for mobile and pc platforms combined. 

In regards that I speed-run the game.Yes, It is 80% true. Since Warframe was given an option for me to do so. Yet I'm at that point where annual content of waiting isn't enough anymore. Just imagine everyone who catches up to this game, yet only to expect to wait much longer. Its also not gurranteed the content would be enough worth time of wait.

Although Deimos brought Necramechs it's precking good but w/o it. It's the same Open-World from 2017.

13 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

lets just put long time players and 'speedrunners' to a corner and just look at it from a casual player perspective (since forums love that)  , whats the retention value in this game even for a casual player ? someone sees after a couple months break theres a nezha prime farm going , some old demos stuff and what ? i mean and then what even casuals have top tier stuff now , whats there to push their gear for ? 
Unless you religiously love the art of this game which i wouldnt blame that person but .. i mean is there any incentive once you get to know modding .. 

Am I speaking Balkans, goddammit?

Not once have I mentioned this. I'm talking about how DE and Mihoyo are 2 very different entities. One is an indie company from Canada, the other is a state-endorsed mobile game dev from Shanghai which has 3X more workers than DE, that's probably paying people for high ratings, and invests a whole lot more money into ad campaigns.

Is it that hard to understand what I said? I'm fairly certain I'm not using vague terms. 

Archived