Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

Ehh time to unfollow this it went for too long.

Just someone lock this thread,12 pages and it has been nothing but a bunch of lashing back and forth theres no conclusion coming out of this and its going for like 12 pages of forum rn.

Let all of us just agree to disagree with eachother and let it end at least please.

Just now, (PSN)grayhyh said:

Ehh time to unfollow this it went for too long.

Just someone lock this thread,12 pages and it has been nothing but a bunch of lashing back and forth theres no conclusion coming out of this and its going for like 12 pages of forum rn.

Let all of us just agree to disagree with eachother and let it end at least please.

Yes, please. But I'm afraid there will be one more reply... And another... And another... 

8 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Am I speaking Balkans, goddammit?

Not once have I mentioned this. I'm talking about how DE and Mihoyo are 2 very different entities. One is an indie company from Canada, the other is a state-endorsed mobile game dev from Shanghai which has 3X more workers than DE, that's probably paying people for high ratings, and invests a whole lot more money into ad campaigns.

Is it that hard to understand what I said? I'm fairly certain I'm not using vague terms. 

"bUT De SHoULd BE hUGe bY nOW."

funny thing that a game like tetris has infinite replayability and warframe has almost to none , lel . ima drop bars at that 

bbut thats different category .. warframe has no category , they have no limits with what they can do  .. but yea fashion frame , 'we are gods , no boss fight can satisfy us '  'dont quote me on a gatcha game ' ' De smol indie companey '  ,yea yea keep telling yourself(evs)  that 

1 hour ago, killerJoke66 said:

keep telling yourself(evs)  that

We will, for it continues to be true. Trying to belittle the people who have actually put thought into these matters and realised that there are no simple fixes isn't going to make your point of view any stronger.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

We will, for it continues to be true. Trying to belittle the people who have actually put thought into these matters and realised that there are no simple fixes isn't going to make your point of view any stronger.

didn't say i had suggestions including simple fixes , in fact i am/was advocating for complete overhauls(from damage systems to how ai behaviour and spawn mechanics)  for this game since i joined forums and my view on that doesnt suggest simple fixes , rather DE chooses to path to least resistance with reskin open worlds , more railjack and lich stuff but for corpus nowadays or for at least 2+ years by now. 

1 minute ago, killerJoke66 said:

didn't say i had suggestions including simple fixes , in fact i am/was advocating for complete overhauls(from damage systems to how ai behaviour and spawn mechanics)  for this game since i joined forums and my view on that doesnt suggest simple fixes , rather DE chooses to path to least resistance with reskin open worlds , more railjack and lich stuff but for corpus nowadays or for at least 2+ years by now. 

And the problem is that changes like those would be an absolutely colossal undertaking at this point. It's why DE have elected to go for a more piecemeal approach when it comes to revising old systems.

It's easy to call what DE are doing the "path of least resistance" from the players' end, but that fails to factor in the very real work that goes into those same updates you dismiss, while underselling the sheer enormity of the undertaking that complete overhauls of game systems would entail.

23 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Am I speaking Balkans, goddammit?

Not once have I mentioned this. I'm talking about how DE and Mihoyo are 2 very different entities. One is an indie company from Canada, the other is a state-endorsed mobile game dev from Shanghai which has 3X more workers than DE, that's probably paying people for high ratings, and invests a whole lot more money into ad campaigns.

Is it that hard to understand what I said? I'm fairly certain I'm not using vague terms. 

Mihoyo didn't start big. It's also an Indie Studio in 2011. With only 7 game developers. So, theres no issue with ad campaigns since Mihoyo has so much confident with the game to be successfull. Which is not magic DE could pull the same, yet the game so much issues under the hood. 

The fact this thread has become to big and popular means there is something to certainly learn from Genshin Impact. I'm not sure what that might be, but certainly it would be naive and ignorant to assume nothing could be learned from Genshin Impact. The recent update with the new 'Boss Fight' in my opinion is something Warframe needs to learn from. Mihoyo is very big on balancing their game correctly, something Digital Extremes needs to learn how to do.

1 hour ago, Midas said:

The fact this thread has become to big and popular means there is something to certainly learn from Genshin Impact.

No, it just means a few people won't let the thread die. The majority of responses are from less than a dozen recurring posters in the thread (the majority of whom are against OP), and most of the one-post-wonders are also opposed to the idea.

2 hours ago, Midas said:

The fact this thread has become to big and popular means there is something to certainly learn from Genshin Impact. 

Ha no, op has to respond to every comment. Warframe is doing fine and doesn't have to grab ideas from the flavor of the season for games

And op gave me the poor excuse of genshin is popular is it has to be good. Which a terrible argument.  Guess what was popular back in the day, selling cigarettes to children. Cause it was popular does it make a good idea? No

2 hours ago, Midas said:

The fact this thread has become to big and popular means there is something to certainly learn from Genshin Impact. I'm not sure what that might be, but certainly it would be naive and ignorant to assume nothing could be learned from Genshin Impact. The recent update with the new 'Boss Fight' in my opinion is something Warframe needs to learn from. Mihoyo is very big on balancing their game correctly, something Digital Extremes needs to learn how to do.

There's almost always something a game can learn from another game. Whether that's a 'what not to do' or a vague inspiration or, as OP is attempting, a 1:1 mechanic flip is quite different.

Warframe's learned from Mega Man 3 on the NES if you consider that Stalker's gameplay DNA can be traced back to Proto Man, but Stalker's hardly occupying identical roles or mechanics.

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

And op gave me the poor excuse of genshin is popular is it has to be good. Which a terrible argument.  Guess what was popular back in the day, selling cigarettes to children. Cause it was popular does it make a good idea? No

Well it's your interpretation in the end. In my perspective it just happens I experience in both of them. Specially on which mechanic was fun to play.

If you want my thoughs here's both of my Experience that I enjoy and my conclusion in the end.

Contentwise Warframe

• Great graphics
  • Awsome Movements (Custom Fight Styles)
  • Insane Customizations (Ships, Skins, Weapon & Chacracters )
  • Awsome Open Worlds
  • Great Lore
  • Awsome Weapon Designs
  • Free Warfarmes and Weapon
  • Great Boss Fights (The New Jackal)

Only what Warframe struggling. Its how unbalanced the game is. Personaly challenges rn felt artificial. Yes, powerfull weapons but with some mediocre enemies. Nighwave Boss aka Mario 64 throwing glass shards, at the enemy. Its not a content I want in the future. Also not an advocate in modding until they nerf what it needs to nerf. Since its the root of all exploits.

Genshin on the other hand, already knew what their playerbase wants.

• Open Worlds,
  • Awsome Environment
  • Challenges,
  • Puzzles & Chests,
  • Waifus/Husbandos : (With own Story Quest/ Playable Voice-Lines.)
  • Crazy Boss Fights 
  • Awsome Mini-Boss
  • Consistent Updates (Ones comming in December)
  • Weekly & Daily  Event/ Rewards
  • Cross-Play & Cross Save
  • Balanced Gameplay

Honestly I don't mind if it's gacha, neither all my experience playing the game have ever spend me a dime to proceed ahead. Since the game give u an option at the start.

Literaly 3 types of people it's either you F2P, Whales or Dolphin (Both).

45 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Well it's your interpretation in the end. In my perspective it just happens I experience in both of them. Specially on which mechanic was fun to play.

If you want my thoughs here's both of my Experience that I enjoy and my conclusion in the end.

Contentwise Warframe

• Great graphics
  • Awsome Movements (Custom Fight Styles)
  • Insane Customizations (Ships, Skins, Weapon & Chacracters )
  • Awsome Open Worlds
  • Great Lore
  • Awsome Weapon Designs
  • Free Warfarmes and Weapon
  • Great Boss Fights (The New Jackal)

Only what Warframe struggling. Its how unbalanced the game is. Personaly challenges rn felt artificial. Yes, powerfull weapons but with some mediocre enemies. Nighwave Boss aka Mario 64 throwing glass shards, at the enemy. Its not a content I want in the future. Also not an advocate in modding until they nerf what it needs to nerf. Since its the root of all exploits.

Genshin on the other hand, already knew what their playerbase wants.

• Open Worlds,
  • Awsome Environment
  • Challenges,
  • Puzzles & Chests,
  • Waifus/Husbandos : (With own Story Quest/ Playable Voice-Lines.)
  • Crazy Boss Fights 
  • Awsome Mini-Boss
  • Consistent Updates (Ones comming in December)
  • Weekly & Daily  Event/ Rewards
  • Cross-Play & Cross Save
  • Balanced Gameplay

Honestly I don't mind if it's gacha, neither all my experience playing the game have ever spend me a dime to proceed ahead. Since the game give u an option at the start.

Literaly 3 types of people it's either you F2P, Whales or Dolphin (Both).

You keep spouting the same garbage even 2 weeks later, and it's still not convincing anyone. Give up already, you have convinced no one with any of what you said, and likely won't. You keep ignoring that most are against anything you toss out, nobody wants what GI is offering in warframe. Go play GI instead, it's not that hard to understand ffs.

Just now, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

You keep spouting the same garbage even 2 weeks later, and it's still not convincing anyone. Give up already, you have convinced no one with any of what you said, and likely won't.

He likely won't, he's getting paid to spout out all that white noise, I bet. 

this thread in a nutshell:

-OP makes a thread on ideas of how Warframe can "learn" from Geshin Impact

-OP doesn't explain how all of the things listed can fit in Warframe so it just ends being another "Warframe needs to copy other game's success/follow trends because I want it" thread rather than a "how Warframe can improve" thread

-Nearly everyone disagrees with OP

-somehow this thread is still going two weeks later

18 minutes ago, (NSW)VenTheWeeb said:

this thread in a nutshell:

-OP makes a thread on ideas of how Warframe can "learn" from Geshin Impact

-OP doesn't explain how all of the things listed can fit in Warframe so it just ends being another "Warframe needs to copy other game's success/follow trends because I want it" thread rather than a "how Warframe can improve" thread

-Nearly everyone disagrees with OP

-somehow this thread is still going two weeks later

Yeah, that's a pretty good nutshell summary. Now we just need Monotone Complainy Guy to make it official.

Archived