Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

Maybe it could learn how to crash like it.

I always crash right after the intro. 

From the way we have screeches of how unplayable and buggy and how to the dogs this game is on bugs, maybe Warframe should be more crash worthy to equalize.

18 hours ago, LoriSei said:

Gacha is optional it's your responsibility to spend at your expense. I hope ur not that hopeless to not understand that. Actually I spent money in Warframe from 4 Prime Acessories and 10 Tenno- Gen Skins. Speaking of Story Content of Genshin. It was worth for a Free-to-Play fantasy game. The artstyle & muic also follows the trend which depends on your taste. But for me I would say it catches up to my expectation. I have played 3-4k hrs in Warframe. Done Nezha Prime Sets and Vitrica what else I can get? What reaching MR 30 is end-game, actuallly MR felt like a Battle Pass than a world progression system. Which gaining MR unlocks bunch of freebies...

Gacha is often not optional. Comparing Gacha to 100% optional cosmetics that are also guaranteed to get you what you pay for doesnt add up one bit. We have gacha in WF but it isnt made up of costumes and other cosmetics. Relics come closest to it since they are a little box with random stuff in it. However, they are 100% optional to spend money on since they drop like flakes of snow during the fimbulwinter.

MR should also not be compared to a level system of other games, since we have individual mastery here per frame, weapon and companion, which are the levels that actually make any sort of impact on progression. So if we were to have a system here that scales rewards and difficulty based on anything level or mastery related it would be a system that scales based on our frame's and your highest equipped weapon's avarage level. But such a system would ignore the need for catalysts/reactors and forma, that make more of a difference to your power than the initial 1-30 leveling, more for some equipment than others, depending how many polarities they come with initially.

7 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

if warframe can learnt from Destiny then i can understand but GI and WF are 2 different game...sure there might some ideas here but not sure if it suit WF itself

• World Scaling ( Enemies and Rewards increase)
  • Interesting boss fights.
  • Unique weapons
  • Spiral Abyss in Warframe

Well it's hard to make content now in Warframe which most of them are broken.. Like too much power creep neither lvl 9999+ enemies had no means to stand a chance :D

3 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

Onec you start talking about "n-star items", you can go fornicate yourself with a wirebrush.

Keep this crap out of Warframe.

Destiny 2 has rarity system.

• Common (white items)
  • Uncommon (green items)
  • Rare (blue items)
  • Legendary (purple items)
  • Exotic (yellow items)

Specially  since all the weapons in Warframe doesnt even has it's own unique mechanic. If I were to guess Rifles, Crossbows, Bows, Pistols, Melees is almost look the same. With a reskin variant. Since people like to mod thier favorite weapon I guess just buy a skin instead, and call it prototype machine gun bazooka.

In Genshin took it to a different level on how to use each weapon. Because each weapons have different bonus stats that are usefull in certain areas in game. Specially in Spiral Abyss. it's use are nice than being a sideline in my inventory. Which is a really good implement in Warframe. But the modding system really broke the game.

3 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Have they learned how much of the player base is willing to overlook criminally unethical monetization schemes yet. 

My topic is about protraying World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin. So monetization is off-topic. Neither even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in that game.

1 hour ago, Cantiopo said:

oh look we got a developer over here. might wanna make a new game instead of posting things like what the developers need to learn from a completely different game.

Both games are 3rd person hack and slash rpg looter shooter. I see no issue of getting ideas from another game. Only on how effective you implicate it like PUBG is massive but Fornite does a better system of accumilating players to their game.                                                                                                                                                                                                          

On 2020-10-28 at 7:32 PM, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I Swear every month a game comes up and someone wants warframe to be like it

that only shows how desperate the community for the game to be as good as those games, Warframe is on the edge rightnow... as I said multiple times, warframe will end up in a corner and thats what I personally don't want :)  

On 2020-10-28 at 7:21 PM, LoriSei said:

Edit: **This post was to portray how World Level Progression and Rewards in are being distribute**.

So I hope u read the title first before u give your feedback. I mean no hate in both games.

I just want to share my experience which I'd like to share some ideas to make Warframe prosper in some missing areas of the game. So it's up for the developers how to imply some changes in their game.

I'll put some bullet points to make it simple.

• World Scaling in Genshin Impact Ranks means the Adventure Rank (AR)  btw I'm AR 36-37 atm of posting this. Star Items are the (Rarity) 5 is the max rarity.

*Increasing World level means the lvl of enemy increase the higher chance of getting 4-5 Star rare Items such as artifacts and rare resources.*

Ranks 1-19 (World Level 0)   - Drops 1-2 star items

Ranks 20-24 (World Level 1) - Drops 1-2 and a chance of 3 star items

Ranks 25-29 (World Level 2) - Drops guarantee 2-3 star rare items & amount increase

Ranks 30-34 (World Level 3) - Drops 1-3 and a chance of 4 star rare items

Ranks 35-39 (World Level 4) - Drops guarantee 1- 4 star item w/ amount increase and small chance of getting 5 star item.

Ranks 40-44 (World Level 5) - Drops a higher chance to get 4-5 star items

Ranks 45-49 (World Level 6) - Drops a much higher chance of getting 5 star items & amount increase

Ranks 50+    (World Level 7)  - Drops rates are unknown at the time of this post.

• Domains (Dungeons) - It's good application on which a place specific to grind materials for each specific characters

2x  Domains of Forgery (Weapon Ascension Mats) - 1-5 star Weapon Materials

5x  Domains of Blessing (Artifacts and Explicit Sets) -1-5 star  Armor Sets

2x  Domains of Mastery (Talent Level-Up Mats) - 2-4 Star Talent Books (Ability XP)

*Some Dungeons rotates on specific days 4x Domains of Forgery (Mon-Fridays) and  4x Domains of Mastery (Mon-Fridays)*

• Character and Weapon and Artifact XP- "Ascending" a term to lvl up characters according to its World Level. From 40/50/60/70/80/90 lvl in which increase the reosources require everytime a character ascends it's level.

Character XP - XP Books are obtain from Enemy. Wild Chests. World Bosses and World Missions (Ley Lines). Spiral Abyss and other World Events.

Weapon XP   - Transmuting 1-5 star Weapons or mining rocks crystals and transmute them into mystical xp ores.

Artififact XP  -Transmuting 1-5 star Artifacts. (Armors)

• Artifacts 1-5 star  (Head, Goblet, Hourglass,Feather, and Flower) - Stats are RNG & duplicates can be made (Rivens in Warframe)

*RNG because, it provides replayability to grind specific dungeon* Not broken since there are no mods to increase on top of it.*

• Weapons 1-5 star - Weapons doesn't have RNG but what it has its locked behind the gacha system. But also there 4 star craftable weapons that is free and very good to use. Duplicates can improve it's stats up to 5x by refining
  • Characters - Also lock behind gacha system but they provide "free" characters in some events except 5-star character for now. Also duplicates provide an improvements to unlock their constellation. Some characters don't need rely on it often. I suggest Main Character has some free upgrade which is really usefull. 

• World Bosses and World Events- All can be found maps and guide books.         

2x Weekly Bosses- It needs resin to obtain very rare rewards

21 x World Bosses- Some need resin to obtain rewards and some aren't.

Spiral Abyss - A survival/time trial end game content of which finishing 8 floors will unlock the infinite floors of 9+ and yet barely other players haven't beaten the game to much extent... The catch was it reset every 2 weeks where rewards given was also resets (Only floors 9+ resets)

Explorations - Puzzles, Secret Caves and Dungeons we're also part of the fun.

• Reward System and Resource Requirments -

** It's RNG. Although, as the World Lvl increases the rewards also increased. But also the requirments to build characters also increases.

Also the resource are craftable from requiring 3x of 3-Star talent and weapon resoruce to obtain 1x 4-Star talent and weapon resource. **

So...

CONS : Resin System (Recharge System) once run out it's either spend in-game currency to refill. Or wait a certain time to fully max charge it . May bound changes but I doubt it :D

PROS: I play it on my PC or my Phone. Or do both Warframe on PC while nothing else to do. Play Genshin on phone. #Realgamer 😎  Which the game also feels AAA-title just listen all the sounds tracks on YT... "Astonishing"

Overall I only talk about how Genshin Impact System works I hope some of u sparks some good ideas not to say copying it but find a ways to make Warframe to be much more wholesome in terms of progression system of content, rewards, and such

I suggest to see it urself and I am still Free-to-Play player both Warframe and Genshin. Except I pay Warframe for Tenno-Gen skins :) 

Or we could say, what Genshin impact is currently learning from warframe and improving it, mastery rank rewards has always been so terrible in warframe, they don't give you a damn thing if you rank up, Genshin deliver a brilliant way of increasing the difficulty with the world level, basically you do a quest to increase your world level and it increases drops and rewards as well, this is something DE tried to do with steel path and failed, the difficulty in warframe is an illusion, just bcs an enemy is level 150 that doesn't mean it can't be one or two shotted, and on the top of that, the rewards are terrible...you basically gain nothing that has a direct impact on your gameplay... 

I know people will hate on me for saying it but, Mihoyo is doing what DE refused to for years, We all feel bad about warframe bcs, We love the game... we want it to be the best game ever, but control is out of our hands...DE today still have few shots to save the game, with the current state of it, I don't know...

if Warframe had to learn something from a game, the least I would choose is some gatcha scammy lazy subgame as Genshin Impact.

The only and whole concept of that game is to find out new and different ways to make you dump your whole wallet into it. How people can't see that and consider it funny is something I find frustrating. 

38 minutes ago, Cloud said:

if Warframe had to learn something from a game, the least I would choose is some gatcha scammy lazy subgame as Genshin Impact.

The only and whole concept of that game is to find out new and different ways to make you dump your whole wallet into it. How people can't see that and consider it funny is something I find frustrating. 

I only post to protray Genshin Impact's world progression scale system. The usefull ways in variety of weapons. Interesting Boss Battles and the Time Trial Challenges. So talkin about monetization is way off to my topic, and those are the things i'd really like to implement in Warframe.

Example:

I would say props in Warframe to remake Jac'kal. It was really freaking good but the rewards doesnt suffice it's grind...

Answer: As we rank up in MR. Rewards doesn't scale.

Just now, PurrrningBoop said:

The higher AR you get in GI the less rewarding the rewards are, considering Original Rasin, finite chests, ascension scaling, etc.

A definite "No" from me.

Although the higher chance of getting 5-star artifacts and increase resources as the AR increases. More Gold, XP books and Loot Drops are added.

Weekly Boss is a considered a mini-event where raiding the Final-Boss to get rare rewards.

Rather than Warframe giving every single important things in the game. It definitely a lose for the game. Since rewards needs to meet up more than what they received beforehand.

MIght as well give everything for free right?

2 минуты назад, LoriSei сказал:

Although the higher chance of getting 5-star artifacts and increase resources as the AR increases.

Don't forget that artifact stats are randomised, say, the same two pieces of the Gladiator set can have Hp vs Crit and with each lvl they continue getting randomised perks.

It's a  very cool idea, but considering the small amount of resources you get compared with lower AR is discouraging. Atleast in my experience.

29 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Don't forget that artifact stats are randomised, say, the same two pieces of the Gladiator set can have Hp vs Crit and with each lvl they continue getting randomised perks.

It's a  very cool idea, but considering the small amount of resources you get compared with lower AR is discouraging. Atleast in my experience.

No issue when Artifacts are RNG, and since it's the equivalent of Rivens in Warframe. Although, it's not broken either since there are no modding system in the game. This also means more replayability in case for people who's looking for more artifacts stronger than the previous ones.

It may be discouraging. As they add new content in the game and more resource are being provided in every update. I guess balancing rewards is the key factor (in every game) to neither cheapen or either spoiled players with rewards till the very end.

It feels guilty when I got everything in Warframe for free. Like Trading Nezha Prime and the weapons for 450plat #Trade Chat and WF Market, which btw it only took me by selling 1 riven.

It seems a brag but it doesn't feel right. So instead bought the accesorries along the way. So, how bout others tho...

I don't know how many times I got to say this but Rivens and Artifacts are not, I repeat, not comparable.

Why should you feel guilty about getting everything in Warframe for free?? Its your choice whether you want to spend like 40 bucks on Prime Access or just barter for everything through trade chat. I've gotten everything I wanted in this game for free and the only time I spent money was when I bought a Steam Workshop skin which at least a portion of the 5 or 6 dollars I spent goes to the person who designed it. I don't feel guilty because if there was a problem with it I'd probably be punished.

It's been like this for years and DE doesn't mind, in fact they encourage it because that's what a sizable portion of community engages with.

UPDATES, what Warframe could learn from Genshin Impact, is how to update to keep your game feeling alive...  warframe will drop content. And that’s it...   no unfolding events. To drip feeding.  Genshin, Honka impact 3rd, drop an update. And in that update are things that unfold, things that are in the update that show up 3 weeks in. keeping the game alive...  if warframe had thing like this it would make the game feel more alive and less borning..  And Genshin won’t let their story set there for 3 year doing nothing...  As a live service, Genshin will put Warframe to shame… still love warframe but I’m a honkai impact 3rd player too... 

1 hour ago, Tricky5hift said:

I don't know how many times I got to say this but Rivens and Artifacts are not, I repeat, not comparable.

Well I hope u give me more information about that on why its different . But I would say it's similar. Since both Artifacts and Rivens  provides RNG stat system.  Which only difference are the location is being installed.

1 hour ago, Tricky5hift said:

Why should you feel guilty about getting everything in Warframe for free?? Its your choice whether you want to spend like 40 bucks on Prime Access or just barter for everything through trade chat. I've gotten everything I wanted in this game for free and the only time I spent money was when I bought a Steam Workshop skin which at least a portion of the 5 or 6 dollars I spent goes to the person who designed it. I don't feel guilty because if there was a problem with it I'd probably be punished.

It's been like this for years and DE doesn't mind, in fact they encourage it because that's what a sizable portion of community engages wit

Yes, your paying the 3rd-party creators, and not the actual content Warframe provides.  It's why the ongoing "big update" Tenno-Gen issue still lingers today. It's not content at all ,and it's not the reason why I'll keep playing for new skins arriving. So in the end. It goes, where I grind everything and leave situation. Because everything was ez to obtain. 

It's good theres a community Warframe to support it but it's not enough to sustain the exicitment in the game itself. The money they make probably enough to pay all the staff-members in DE, Whereas there is no budget to even create much effecttive and complex research to keep Warframe in the future deacades. Which u can see the effect does the within last 4 years. Same method, every now and then.

What on earth are you talking about lmao. Those third party creators you speak of only receive a small cut of the profit while the rest goes to DE and Steam. The way you make it sound seems to indicate that Warframe is somehow struggling financially??? The game has existed way longer than GI and HI combined and somehow money is the problem for why Warframe can't make good content?

Also I already explained in my first response way back yesterday how Rivens and Artifacts are different.

3 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

What on earth are you talking about lmao. Those third party creators you speak of only receive a small cut of the profit while the rest goes to DE and Steam. The way you make it sound seems to indicate that Warframe is somehow struggling financially???

Also I already explained in my first response way back yesterday how Rivens and Artifacts are different.

Yes 3rd party creators since most of them aren't employees either. It's like in CSGO where weapons Skins from independent creator are chosen to be showcase in the next Case Update.

On 2020-10-29 at 12:39 PM, Tricky5hift said:

You cannot possibly comfortably compare this to Rivens in Warframe because:

1. Rivens are absolutely not necessary for "endgame" content.

2. You can always reroll Rivens instead of scouring the solar system once every week for another Riven for the exact weapon you want with desirable stat rolls.

I'll elaborate further. Rivens are just pure novelty and the way you even acquire them should be proof enough that they're almost completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. They didn't exist for 99% of the game's lifespan and the game was arguably better before they were introduced.

The only somewhat reliable way to get Rivens is from Sorties which shares the same loot pool with freaking Endo and credits. On top of that the weapon type or weapon is completely random so if you want a Riven for your Rubico without paying Platinum for one on the market its completely random.

Archived