Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

Genshin and Warframe are fundamentally different games, comparing them and attempting to borrow ideas from Genshin is a pretty pointless effort.

I'm AR41 in Genshin and MR30 in Warframe, Genshin being the newer game is still in its honeymoon period, but I can already see its future pains and pitfalls. There is absolutely nothing significant that Warframe could glean from Genshin extremely linear and timegated progression system.  

The only notable thing Genshin has is its very concentrated open world, but even that quickly gets exhausted as a player progress through it. It's elemental system is also a step above what Warframe provides, but only serves its purpose well in the context of the combat within that game and wouldn't really fit into Warframe without massive retuning of many existing systems.

Lets not even get into the monetization scheme, yeesh.

5 hours ago, LoriSei said:

I see Destiny 2  performing well in Twitch... Idk for Warframe tho.

Oh yes, because Twitch views are the primary metric of a game's success.

Ever consider that people who are watching the games on Twitch likely aren't playing them?

World scaling, and virtually everything in GI, is not from GI, and not something any educated game designer needs to entertain a scammy gatcha game to learn about. Your talking about 90s designs, and I'm amused that your sharing them from THIS game, but they don't have ANYTHING to learn from a well designed whale milker. 

Your playing F2P "so far", that does not account for how scammy the game is or how your anecdotal experience will ultimately end. 

Now if your done extolling the virtues of features from way back in TES:Oblivion and FFVIII, we'll just spare you the arguement about how less linear scaling is better, because you clearly disagree, and no amount of ppl opposing you is going to challenge your obstinace. Go play GI if it's so good. 40 responses from one person denying 40 separate ppl who can't even be bothered to tell you how terrible your opinion is will inform the developers well enough.

Yes, please do quote and respond a dozen more times, inflation is helping, really, it is. 

8 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Again, I feel like you're trying to compare apples and oranges here. And the new player experience in warframe is actually very interesting. The problem lies in the fact that it can be complicated for the uninitiated. There are many, many things a new player can do and learn. And the Hydron problem - once again - shouldn't be fixed by segregating players by level. That would be like buying a whole new car when only a windshield needs to be replaced.

As for quests, there are actually quite a few quests in Warframe, but they're used differently. Instead of exp, you get story progression and usually weapon/warframe parts. Segregating exp to only quests, even if they added some more, would be once again disasterous. I mean hell, Genshin's exp giving quests are mainly through dailies after you've completed the story and side quests. Those dailies are quite literally Extermination, Defense, and Disruption.

This is why people keep trying to tell you these two games are too different from each other to be compared like this. Warframe is a looter shooter that focuses on looting and shooting. Genshin is an open world story-driven action RPG. Down to their very core, their systems, player mentality, progression, gameplay philosophy, and even combat is too different.

Both games have similarities in terms of genre (Action-Roleplaying-Game/3rd-Person/Hack & Slash/Looter/Shooter) My overall point. Yes, both mechanics are different. However, it doesnt mean Warframe has a good mechanics either, it's more like broken state at this point... This gives exploits suchs as over-powered mechanics, shortcuts and uncontrollable loot distributions, which leads to a shorter, faster & luckluster content.

So, the original post was there to provide information on what are the mechanics in Genshin, and somehow spark an idea & reverse-engineer on what works in Warframe. It may not works as you may suggest. Although theres a posibility, if it means of replacing  mechanics in the game.

9 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

I mean hell, Genshin's exp giving quests are mainly through dailies after you've completed the story and side quests. Those dailies are quite literally Extermination, Defense, and Disruption.

That XP your talking about is for Adventure Rank or in Warframe Mastery Rank. As for the Warframe itself. Getting XP books as a reward is much more rewardable than having it unconsiously lvling up, and it means a longer content for the game. Also Warframe doesn't have a decent end-mission rewards like in Destiny and Genshin. Where Important loots are obtanable by finishing. Which in Warframe it neither scales either.

But the community hates to touch these systems... So, I would say Warframe is bind to make content, out of it. Or much harder to move, or the safest move is to make Warframe 2/ Remaster behind the scenes, and just transfer players datas from there. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

How long before GI gets in serious trouble for its gatcha system   . .  If EA can't get away with gambling in their games how long will this fly in the western market? 

My topic is about protraying. World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin. So monetization is off-topic. Neither I even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in Genshin. Providing information for other games means an easier research can be made to further improve Warframe's longevity others may have an idea to reverse engineer it for further implement it in-game.

Which it's writtern above the original post.

4 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

World scaling, and virtually everything in GI, is not from GI, and not something any educated game designer needs to entertain a scammy gatcha game to learn about. Your talking about 90s designs, and I'm amused that your sharing them from THIS game, but they don't have ANYTHING to learn from a well designed whale milker. 

Your playing F2P "so far", that does not account for how scammy the game is or how your anecdotal experience will ultimately end. 

Now if your done extolling the virtues of features from way back in TES:Oblivion and FFVIII, we'll just spare you the arguement about how less linear scaling is better, because you clearly disagree, and no amount of ppl opposing you is going to challenge your obstinace. Go play GI if it's so good. 40 responses from one person denying 40 separate ppl who can't even be bothered to tell you how terrible your opinion is will inform the developers well enough.

Yes, please do quote and respond a dozen more times, inflation is helping, really, it is. 

To be clear. My original post has never compared both games, on which is better. I'm fairly well aware with the drawback since I know people jump into weird conclusion, talking shiet about thier fav game. Since afterall I know this forum is meant for Warframe. But suggestions and ideas can't hurt the game right?

Since people jump into conclusions. It's unavoidable if your insulted or not. Well it seems this community is not-open to suggestions.  As you may know Genshin is not all about thier monetizations.

3 hours ago, LoriSei said:

My topic is about protraying. World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin. So monetization is off-topic. Neither I even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in Genshin. Providing information for other games means an easier research can be made to further improve Warframe's longevity others may have an idea to reverse engineer it for further implement it in-game.

But you had no problem going off topic to make the scummy remark by calling people with addictions stupid right? That was off topic anyway, and that came out of your mouth.

2 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Ok, this invertebrate is just trolling. Nothing to see here, just walk around it. 

One more thing:

Mihoyo's IP-s are plain trash.

He has to be trolling.

I mean seriously, who wants to turn warframe into a game where you grind 40 hours to get a 4 star weapon....that has terrible stats (due to RNG) and you now need to spend another 40 hours to grind for another 4 star weapon. (and remember, since the rewards rotate daily you have to do this during a specific day of the week only!)
Meanwhile if you want to even approach end-game you need to get a 5 star weapon that could take you hundreds of hours of grinding...and praying that it has half decent bonus stats.

And he calls that "replayability"....when that is just pure boring and tedious unrewarding grind.

That would just kill the game as it brings absolutely nothing to the player experience other than making it horrible where it drives you to paying money to skip the grind because its so bad and annoying....which is the reason mobile gacha games have those systems.

This would do nothing to improve longevity like he's claiming.
It just turns the game into "Did you get lucky enough to get the 5 star weapon that makes this event doable?  if not you don't get the 5 star reward from this event.....which is pretty much 100% mandatory to do the next event which has an even stronger 5 star reward which will be 100% mandatory to do the next event!  Or you could just pay a few hundred/thousand dollars to get the rewards that way if you missed out on a few of the event rewards...."
And that is pretty much what every single gacha game eventually devolves into.  You need the absolute best gear to do this limited time event to get better gear (and its the only source of that better gear outside of payin gmoney) and if you miss this you literally can't do the next event as its made to require the top gear from this event to even hope to get the top gear in that one.  Its an utterly horrible treadmill that serves only to get its players addicted a spending money....

9 hours ago, LoriSei said:

6 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

But you had no problem going off topic to make the scummy remark by calling people with addictions stupid right? That was off topic anyway, and that came out of your mouth.

Did I say stupid in my original post?

56 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Did I say stupid in my original post?

"being F2P in Genshin Impact is very rewarding since. There are dumb people who pays and us who grinds F2P till we reach that sweet gold. "

Your original comment, doesn't matter if it's your initial post you still said it. And don't reply that "monetization is off-topic" cos we're sick of hearing it. It's a gacha game, this is General Discussion, we're going to discuss it. Genshin can go die in a fire with the predatory system it uses preying on addicts, the people you call "stupid". 

GI's world level is good in theory, but bad in how it's implemented with the game system. You can get cucked really hard by rng if you get absolute S#&$e gear and wishes. Everything scales up with world level, so if you're not lucky while ranking up (and everything you do gives you exp), you're too weak to fight things to improve, especially if you're F2P. It doesn't fit in Warframe. Not to mention the world level restrictions to play with friends, you can't play together unless you join the lower world level in which you have nothing to do or punish yourself wasting resin.

29 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

"being F2P in Genshin Impact is very rewarding since. There are dumb people who pays and us who grinds F2P till we reach that sweet gold. "

Your original comment, doesn't matter if it's your initial post you still said it. And don't reply that "monetization is off-topic" cos we're sick of hearing it. It's a gacha game, this is General Discussion, we're going to discuss it. Genshin can go die in a fire with the predatory system it uses preying on addicts, the people you call "stupid". 

Lol it's your interpretation of the word "dumb" that confuses me for you to react that way. What's wrong if I say the person isn't smart at spending money?

It's like saying Gaming as an "addictions" such as Warframe needs to be stop? There are memes everywhere of people losing their love ones or never see the skies bcuz of it :D  

It's not a disease so mate. Hell nah!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

1 hour ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

GI's world level is good in theory, but bad in how it's implemented with the game system. You can get cucked really hard by rng if you get absolute S#&$e gear and wishes. Everything scales up with world level, so if you're not lucky while ranking up (and everything you do gives you exp), you're too weak to fight things to improve, especially if you're F2P. It doesn't fit in Warframe. Not to mention the world level restrictions to play with friends, you can't play together unless you join the lower world level in which you have nothing to do or punish yourself wasting resin.

I may agree, Although it doesn't have to follow everything what Genshin has in-game but instead reverse engineer some of it. Going up in a World Lvl in Genshin must have to complete the acension gate in order to move into the next one. It's not hard to catch-up either as the game  provides more story cuest that has exp in the future.

Actually u don't need to waste your resin if you want to play with your friends in the lower World Lvl. As you carrying them, and you have both options to either not to spend it. Just by the fact your helping him only for easy kills.

Who knows reasons which they can't join higher world lvl. One thing I can tell is to avoid any necesarry players taking shortcuts. Specially since collision between 2 World lvl's in 1 server host is impossible yet. Because whoever's the 1st host. Will received both the same drop.

So in Warframe already implement shortcuts so it doesn't need to be touched. We have Steel Path as our World Lvl. However, rewards aren't sufficient enough to move people there unless they put resoruce booster .

Might as well Warframe should add more replayable content for those who accumulate items for the past 8 years and make an End-Game content out of it.

Spiral Abyss is in fact the neutral suggestion in Warframe. I suggest look online and see what it does. But those also have rewards for completing the challenge. Which the ecuivalent of primo gems are platinum. Which Warframe should make it more challenging to stay-on par with the rewards. 

(btw certain key is broken "C"ueen Elizabeth)

Primogems are not equivalent to Platinum that's like comparing diamonds to plastic bottle caps.

I don't know why you insist on making these delusional comparisons but it just isn't working.

Also why would you join a lower world level friend when the drop rates are worse and you can't even do the main bosses together anyways.

8 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Primogems are not equivalent to Platinum that's like comparing diamonds to plastic bottle caps.

I don't know why you insist on making these delusional comparisons but it just isn't working.

Also why would you join a lower world level friend when the drop rates are worse and you can't even do the main bosses together anyways.

Well rewards are reward In Spiral Abyss. It's why people must play it. 

U can do main main boss together in lower lvl's Since the rewards are at the end of the mission and u have to option option to unlock it once after u beat the boss.

6 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Well rewards are reward In Spiral Abyss. It's why people must play it. 

U can do main main boss together in lower lvl's Since the rewards are at the end of the mission and u have to option option to unlock it once after u beat the boss.

I still don't know why you bother comparing it.

Also you only get those rewards from Spiral Abyss once. Once you beat it there's absolutely no reason to ever play it again.

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

I still don't know why you bother comparing it.

Also you only get those rewards from Spiral Abyss once. Once you beat it there's absolutely no reason to ever play it again.

It reset mate every 2 weeks

4 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

2 weeks lol.

Yeah really feeling the replayability having to wait 2 weeks to play one piece of content over again.

You have to understand that time-gating activities is not an intuitive way to impact the "replayability" of a game.

Well it can be broken since they give primo-gems as a reward. Although it's a tough cookie. Since enemy are smart enough to fight back.

9 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Again why compare them though??

Also calling the enemy AI in that game smart is laughable. They literally stand still for like 10 seconds without doing anything before attacking.

The AI is honestly not much better than the AI in Warframe.

Ah because. Well I mean they fight back since there are, lot's of stuns & dmg, such as bashing, freeze, bubble traps, paralyze, knocdowns and elemental weaknesses to avoid. Some enemies teleport around obstacles so it's way challenging and must all be finish in time.

Archived