Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Directx! (Screenshot!)

Kynian

Yesterday I could log into the game with no problems at all. Played one single mission in the event, then went to bed. Today, I try to log in and this is what greets me:

O0CQkYi.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. I tried solving it by myself with the help of uncle google, but none of the things I did (mostly involving reg keys) had any effect.

Keep in mind, I am nowhere near being tech savyy as far as windows files go. I could really use some help here in a step-by-step tutorial kind of thing, or at least something that isnt confusing and look as though you're talking in corpus or grineer language. =)

I do not get a DirectX update failure message, but rather mine continually tries to patch DX and requests reboots.  Such is the price of using Windows 8.1 and having a higher version of DirectX than the one Warframe is trying to install.

Anywho, try this out.  Its Microsoft's DirectX Web Installer.  It's supposed to apply the newest updates to DirectX as well as install a method for making things a bit more backwards compatable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Hope that helps.

Edited by Malikon

I do not get a DirectX update failure message, but rather mine continually tries to patch DX and requests reboots.  Such is the price of using Windows 8.1 and having a higher version of DirectX than the one Warframe is trying to install.

Anywho, try this out.  Its Microsoft's DirectX Web Installer.  It's supposed to apply the newest updates to DirectX as well as install a method for making things a bit more backwards compatable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Hope that helps.

Regretfully did not help. I get a internal system error.

Do me a favor, right click the shortcut for your launcher, click properties, and then the Compatability tab.  Is the launcher being run in compatability mode for a particular version of windows?

Edited by Malikon

Try putting a checkbox in the "run with compatability settings for:"  and choose XP service pack 3 from the dropdown list.  Apply the settings and try it again if you would, please.

Did this step,  did nothing.  Still Update of DirectX failed!

It is an issue with directx itself. Something about how if you have the latest version and if it tries to install it again it fails. Had the same issue with BF3/BF4, had to go int and remove everything but like 3 files to get it to work. Except THIS launcher downloads those files each and every time...so...bleh.

Hate to bump but...yeah I really want this question answered because I haven't even gotten to play the event and I really want too. Can anyone from DE respond to this thread?

I seriously know how to fix it, but it requires the launcher to NOT download direct x.

I did something here that worked for me guys. Only works for steam though, I believe.

Right click the game name on your library in steam and among the tabs, search for an option named "verify game files" or "verify files cache" or "verify file integrity"... something like that.

After I did that, steam told me that several files were corrupted and re-downloaded them. After it finished, I was able to log in again.

Hope this help you guys.

Right click the game name on your library in steam and among the tabs, search for an option named "verify game files" or "verify files cache" or "verify file integrity"... something like that.

Did that Kynian,  didn't do anything.  Same error.

Did that Kynian,  didn't do anything.  Same error.

Likewise. It's the same as reinstalling the game.

Again, i've had this issue with other games that install directx, such as BF3/BF4 recently. Most other installation processes it's just a popup window and you can skip it.

Although I've gotten into directx, I get an error log every time I try to update.

*Sigh.* I have found a 'fix" for this. It is no solution, but it will allow you to play the game at the very least. You need to go to the steam/common/warframe/drives/directx9 folder and then run the launcher. As SOON as you run the launcher you need to remove every file except 3 from the directx9 folder, the three fires are DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, DXSETUP.exe, do this AS SOON as you run the launcher and it should fix the direct x cannot update problem.

Please note, you will have to do this EVERYTIME you run the warframe launcher, it is a hassel but at least you can play the game. I put in a support ticket, and am hoping to have this little addition removed from the launcher's required assets, it should be an optional thing.