Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Prime Accessories pack is NOT worth $49.99

SephirothWS

4 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

An armor set + fancy ephemera + two 90-day boosters is not worth $49.99

Two 90 day boosters alone cost 1,200 platinum, which is about £40's worth of platinum. £40 is $52. 

So you're paying slightly less than the normal price for the boosters, and getting an armour set and Ephemera for free. This is well within the realms of DE's standard monetisation.

They've been running this gimmick/scam for years, they tie desirable cosmetics to unrelated and discardable junk to inflate the cost of desired goods. 

It's a sad practice, but you have to ask yourself two things, are you desperate enough to overpay for a cosmetic, or are you appreciative enough of the developers overall game delivery to overpay for this product? 

Your only alternative is to wait around for 3 or 4 years when the accessories are unvaulted with a little plat for $20. As much as you want that swirly ephemera,  which they originally claimed would only be for achievements, you really need to do some personal self control evaluation and decide if your adult enough to reject a sales exploit. Because these abuses exist because most ppl aren't. 

Like it or not, Warframe stuffs are expensive. It's up to the developer to call their prices. If you don't like it can always don't buy it. Or you can wait till it is vaulted then unvaulted for a cheaper accessories pack price. lol

I mean, it's worth whatever they decide it is since they are the only ones being able to sell it. The only thing you get to decide is not to buy it if you don't agree with or find inconsistencies in their decisions about value. It's all "made up" value to begin with because they directly or indirectly control the entire economy and thus the value of everything.

DE gotta have to make money somehow. Imagine if DE included an exclusive power items in it that made it WORTH the $50. 

You can also wait when Nezha is in the prime vault packs. The accessories will be at 30% of the original PA price. But you will have to wait at least 5 years in order for that to happen.

If you don't like the current PA's offering. Don't buy it. DE is not forcing you to spend your hard earned money after all.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I mean, it's worth whatever they decide it is since they are the only ones being able to sell it. The only thing you get to decide is not to buy it if you don't agree with or find inconsistencies in their decisions about value. It's all "made up" value to begin with because they directly or indirectly control the entire economy and thus the value of everything.

Point of order: it COSTS whatever DE decide to charge for it. It's WORTH whatever we feel we want to pay. This might seem like pedantic semantics but it's an important distinction. You are the customer, you control the purse strings. You shouldn't allow vendors to determine worth for you.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Don’t like it don’t buy it.

Don't like the thread, don't comment.

The dude just shares his opinion. Those packs were designed primarly for whales that wouldn't mind spending lots of money on, rather "normal" players.

29 minutes ago, deothor said:

Don't like the thread, don't comment.

The dude just shares his opinion. Those packs were designed primarly for whales that wouldn't mind spending lots of money on, rather "normal" players.

If I don’t like a thread that’s as equal a reason to comment as liking it.

You’re effectively saying “If you don’t agree with me then shut up”.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re effectively saying “If you don’t agree with me then shut up”.

dude.. that was YOURS argument. Not mine. Need me to remind you?

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Don’t like it don’t buy it.

Just now, deothor said:

dude.. that was YOURS argument. Not mine. Need me to remind you?

No, you tried using my words against me when the context of what you are saying is completely different from OP saying “I think the Prime accessories pack is too expensive”.

Buying something is optional. Having an opinion isn’t.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Buying something is optional. Having an opinion isn’t.

your "opinion" is nothing more than dismissive sneer, though. It's an "argument" people meme at this point. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

you tried using my words against me

That's how arguments work.

8 minutes ago, deothor said:

your "opinion" is nothing more than dismissive sneer, though. It's an "argument" people meme at this point. 

Which part of "that is a subjective opinion" don't you get? Some people will happily buy it, others won't. "If you don't like it, don't buy it" is literally basic common sense.

8 minutes ago, deothor said:

That's how arguments work.

Only when you blatantly disregard context, in favour of making a ridiculous argument.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Steel_Rook:

Point of order: it COSTS whatever DE decide to charge for it. It's WORTH whatever we feel we want to pay. This might seem like pedantic semantics but it's an important distinction. You are the customer, you control the purse strings. You shouldn't allow vendors to determine worth for you.

Thanks for pointing it out. I personally don't buy prime access. Never have. Just in case you were mistakingly thinking I did and would be on board with how they are priced/padded currently. I ignore them. Same with the recent Deimos cosmetic packs. No, thank you. I usually buy the smaller and cheaper PS4 Renown packs as an obolus towards DE.

If it was $20 or even $5 it would be a no brainer buy. Because of its price it causes me to hesitate. This happens with allot of free MMO's i played where once the cosmetic passes $30 aud theres a voice in my head telling me I'm crazy to buy this especially on what is a live service title. Theres always a concern the studio or game close down tomorrow and your cosmetics disappear forever.

We need to acknowledge an artist can take years or even decades of practicing and refining skills to nail something to perfection. So we shouldn't deny them an opportunity to profit or make a living from how much of their lives has been invested in it.

3 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

If it was $20 or even $5 it would be a no brainer buy. Because of its price it causes me to hesitate. This happens with allot of free MMO's i played where once the cosmetic passes $30 aud theres a voice in my head telling me I'm crazy to buy this especially on what is a live service title. Theres always a concern the studio or game close down tomorrow and your cosmetics disappear forever.

We need to acknowledge an artist can take years or even decades of practicing and refining skills to nail something to perfection. So we shouldn't deny them an opportunity to profit or make a living from how much of their lives has been invested in it.

You getting that new hit single for one dollar on iTunes? Economy of scale has little to do with the extremity of effort, digital goods can be duplicate infinitely to more and more consumers.

I have no problem paying premium for this game, I just don't want undesirable attachments forced into my purchase. 

It's like going to Walmart for a TV and being forced to buy a fresh meal for 20 ppl in order to complete your purchase. You want an electronic entertainment device, your required to spend twice as much to include more food than you can even eat, whether your hungry or not.

It's an abuse of exclusivity, and it is only an abuse. No amount of sophistry refutes that it's an abuse. 

20 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

DE gotta have to make money somehow. Imagine if DE included an exclusive power items in it that made it WORTH the $50. 

You can also wait when Nezha is in the prime vault packs. The accessories will be at 30% of the original PA price. But you will have to wait at least 5 years in order for that to happen.

If you don't like the current PA's offering. Don't buy it. DE is not forcing you to spend your hard earned money after all.

Excuse me, you can shove that opinion where the sun doesn’t shine. They already have their PREMIUM store where they sell default frames for twice the price primes are worth, and we have CRAFTING times, frames take nearly 4 days to build. They make money fine without standing on people’s God damn throats.

25 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

You getting that new hit single for one dollar on iTunes? Economy of scale has little to do with the extremity of effort, digital goods can be duplicate infinitely to more and more consumers.

I have no problem paying premium for this game, I just don't want undesirable attachments forced into my purchase. 

It's like going to Walmart for a TV and being forced to buy a fresh meal for 20 ppl in order to complete your purchase. You want an electronic entertainment device, your required to spend twice as much to include more food than you can even eat, whether your hungry or not.

It's an abuse of exclusivity, and it is only an abuse. No amount of sophistry refutes that it's an abuse. 

This is facts. It’s abuse of their playerbase.

Prime access isn’t even about the primes, it’s Platinum Access.

Archived