Nezha Prime Accessories pack is NOT worth $49.99

SephirothWS

17 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Excuse me, you can shove that opinion where the sun doesn’t shine. They already have their PREMIUM store where they sell default frames for twice the price primes are worth, and we have CRAFTING times, frames take nearly 4 days to build. They make money fine without standing on people’s God damn throats.

DE is standing on the player’s throats? Take off that tinfoil hat. You are not obligated to spend your hard earned money, 4 days are nothing can’t you be patient? Why not do something else in the game while the item is crafting. You don’t have to spend a dime on this game to get everything. That frame/item is too tedious to grind? Accumulate platinum from trading and buy it.

I think YOU need to understand how free to play games work. Be glad that this is not Genshin Impact.

They've been dramatically overpricing the Prime packs for a long time now.

On 2020-10-30 at 6:59 PM, DrivaMain said:

Be glad that this is not Genshin Impact.

I find this genuinely hilarious because, as free to play games go, I consider Genshin to be one of the most generous among them - even more generous than Warframe. Have you never tried Unison League or Epic Seven or any other mobile phone gacha game? The marketing efforts to push you to spend money in other games are honestly insulting. I don't get that same pressure playing Genshin at all. There's not daily pop-ups in my face telling me of new things to buy, nor a progression wall suggesting "If you buy now, you might be able to overcome this!"
Have you considered that we cannot obtain Plat just from completing missions, but Genshin awards Primogems simply for even opening chests? I mean, it's a slow trickle once there's no more story left, but even so... it's there.

If anything, I find Genshin is on the same level as Warframe in terms of how well/poorly it treats the players. Warframe is significantly more grindy, so I'm sitting here laughing like a madman at all the people crying about how much "work" it takes to get characters to max level.

On 2020-10-29 at 6:45 AM, DeMonkey said:

Two 90 day boosters alone cost 1,200 platinum, which is about £40's worth of platinum. £40 is $52. 

So you're paying slightly less than the normal price for the boosters, and getting an armour set and Ephemera for free. This is well within the realms of DE's standard monetisation.

the bigger issue is that nobody wants those stupid boosters in the pack, which is only there to artificially super inflate the price, i'd buy every accessory pack going if those boosters were gone and the price lowered, as they are tho, not a chance ill buy 1 never mind all of them.

21 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Have you considered that we cannot obtain Plat just from completing missions, but Genshin awards Primogems simply for even opening chests? I mean, it's a slow trickle once there's no more story left, but even so... it's there.

A bit off-topic.

Sure, but Genshin has that one monetization tactic that drives players away and causes a lot of controversy and that is Gacha

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

A bit off-topic.

Sure, but Genshin has that one monetization tactic that drives players away and causes a lot of controversy and that is Gacha

That's about it's only real flaw, but it's gacha system is rather generous compared to more established gacha games, considering how easily you can get the Primogems needed for summoning through playing the game. The random chance is the only real kicker.

Just like with Warframe, Genshin's philosophy is "pay to skip," though it would be nice if characters could be acquired through more direct grind as in Warframe.

On 2020-10-29 at 11:31 PM, CarrotSalad said:

If it was $20 or even $5 it would be a no brainer buy. Because of its price it causes me to hesitate. This happens with allot of free MMO's i played where once the cosmetic passes $30 aud theres a voice in my head telling me I'm crazy to buy this especially on what is a live service title. Theres always a concern the studio or game close down tomorrow and your cosmetics disappear forever.

We need to acknowledge an artist can take years or even decades of practicing and refining skills to nail something to perfection. So we shouldn't deny them an opportunity to profit or make a living from how much of their lives has been invested in it.

Kappa, employees have a fixed salary for the most part, most of the money you put in, will go to owners that at this point probably don't even know what warframe is.

my main complaint is saying that i'm getting 1200 plat worth of boosters, i'd rather choose what i put my plat towards tbh... if they even put 500 plat instead of the 90 day boosters i probably wouldnt hesitate to buy that accessory pack, as it is a couple boosters rly isn't useful at all for me and doesn't feel like something tangible like plat does. I like the ephemera but not enough to buy for 50$

basically i dont see it as im buying boosters, i see it as im buying plat at a discount with prime gear as a bonus and boosters as a far off to the side "oh thats neat i guess"

i think the OP is goin a little overboard on this issue but i also think that DE would make better sales on the accessory pack if they added like 500 plat to it or cut the price in half.... very few players are buying for the boosters if any, they want the accessories and the plat.

On 2020-10-29 at 3:06 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

They've been running this gimmick/scam for years, they tie desirable cosmetics to unrelated and discardable junk to inflate the cost of desired goods. 

It's a sad practice, but you have to ask yourself two things, are you desperate enough to overpay for a cosmetic, or are you appreciative enough of the developers overall game delivery to overpay for this product? 

Your only alternative is to wait around for 3 or 4 years when the accessories are unvaulted with a little plat for $20. As much as you want that swirly ephemera,  which they originally claimed would only be for achievements, you really need to do some personal self control evaluation and decide if your adult enough to reject a sales exploit. Because these abuses exist because most ppl aren't. 

Does anyone take into account developer support In the “monetization?” It doesn’t seem like it — it seems like everyone just want free game free stuff.  Is it ever worth it to someone to put money back into the free game ?  

I am a casual player,  I’m old—but it’s sad that the mindset is “just why can’t it all be free.  “.  I don’t get it.  Feels like a giant mooch to me that type of player only takes never gives back

1 hour ago, (PSN)soldatoj57 said:

Does anyone take into account developer support In the “monetization?” It doesn’t seem like it — it seems like everyone just want free game free stuff.  Is it ever worth it to someone to put money back into the free game ?  

I am a casual player,  I’m old—but it’s sad that the mindset is “just why can’t it all be free.  “.  I don’t get it.  Feels like a giant mooch to me that type of player only takes never gives back

Stop strawmanning, I'd spend more money than they seek if they offered something worth while, we are talking about the value of some armor clip-ons and a swirling animation vs an entire game. Nobodies buying Prime Accessories for the "Prime Booster", when they want to sell the regular consumer lots of actual content instead of artificial grind damming relief, they will gladly spend the money. Instead, they would rather reach into a few whales and foolish spenders pockets and milk them with 0 production content.

Who here said it should be free, stop BSing us.

Archived