Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self Damage Still Present Using Archguns in Ground Missions

Vanadeane

I wasn't entirely sure as to why I was suddenly getting gibbed in missions since the update but I think it is due to self damage from using the Kuva Ayanga in ground missions from the archgun deployer. Specifically noticed I was getting fire and corrosive procs on myself which is what my gun was modded for and was just randomly dieing when there were very few low level enemies on screen. I'm not sure if self damage was to remain on archguns but since it was removed from other weapons in the game I assume this was unintended. Additionally I used to be able to melee while my archgun was deployed on ground missions, but can no longer do that as well. I'm not sure if that was a bug and was fixed or may have something to do with self damage as well.

I only have a gravimag on the Kuva Ayanga so if other people could test this on other aoe archguns in ground missions that would be neat.

Thanks

It's definitely the Ayanga, there's like 6+ forum threads in the past month on this now with no fix from DE as of yet.

The Grenades it fires move extremely slow (try it out with Ivara and Navigator) and you can actually "run into them" if you bullet jump or zip around in a necramech. In fact all you really have to do is jump at the right time and you can eat your own grenade.

As far as I can tell the explosions themselves do no damage, but it's the projectiles. If you move your shoulder camera from side to side and fire when your crosshair crosses over you'll blow your shields then kill yourself if you keep firing. Again, it's really easy to catch them by firing and bullet jumping forwards or especially in your necramech (which is where I found the issue) The worst part is the grenades don't explode at point blank so you "feel safe" from staggers but then the grenade pegs you...

All we can do is keep bumping threads like this until DE finally notices them and hopefully pushes a fix???

It's usable if you're stationary and careful but as I've said I even noticed that it can hit you if you simple jump up when firing it (lots of times with grenade launchers I'll double jump up to get a grenade right into a crowd)

The worst part is, it's way easier to avoid the old "blast" damage they did as the Ayanga has a distance safety like the Tonkor and Acceltra, so the explosions rarely actually even stagger you unless you're bullet jumping into them. The grenade projectiles themselves are much harder to see and avoid, especially when in a necramech zipping around. That's what the problem is; is that the grenades kinda "float" through the air nice and slow and turn into a land mine of sorts.

This really needs to just be fixed, I'm sure it's literally 1 single line of code: Self Damage Projectile - YES/NO or whatever.... just needs a staff member to actually notice one of these threads. Especially after the Diemos update there are so many bugs that things like this get buried very quickly under all the other bugs...

Archived