Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I thought this nightwave was better than previous ones

(PSN)Nighthawk2060

I liked the episodic nature of the acts, even though they were mostly the same, it told a story of how nihil was glassing people across the system for "laws" that he made up essentially. Nihil in my eyes was a great boss, it may not be zealoid prelate good, but its up there. and the vitrica is great, good utility, good stats and looks good (imo) too

I would have been okay with it if the glass enemy rifts didn't follow you wherever you went, preventing you from ignoring them if you didn't actually need them, and Nora had maybe several more lines she could rotate out when the rifts showed up.

I'm sick of seeing the rifts and the cap increase makes me think this is going to be an even longer season. The next is an intermission, I wish I knew what was holding them up. I understand now that the boss is revealed people need time to fight him, but omg I am so sick of this glass enemies crap. I hope they make this boss reachable even after this season ends, and I really wish, on that note, they'd make the Wolf of Saturn Six available through a node. They learned with the emissary fight by why does DE have such a hard time going back and changing things from what they've learned?

I much preferred season 2. No slow mo treasure hunt. Far more interesting enemies (annoying while leveling though) and far much better boss. Only thing season 3 has better is story. And I much rather have quickly rotating NW seasons with no story, than a 7-8 month season that is bottled-up by story.

It was different and I found the boss fun for something that players of all stages of progression are meant to fight.

Though just in comparing it to past NW it'll be very hard to have one worse than the Wolf (limited story and a brick wall of a boss), and I can appreciate Glass Maker for making the story more interactive than Emissary but Zealoid was more significant content than Nihil is. So yeah all together this season wasn't bad.

14 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I would have been okay with it if the glass enemy rifts didn't follow you wherever you went, preventing you from ignoring them if you didn't actually need them, and Nora had maybe several more lines she could rotate out when the rifts showed up.

This is what ruined this season for me. Glass fissures should have been their own missions, either working like standard void fissures, or in the form of alerts.

Investigations were fun at the beginning, but slow movement speed made them very annoying. Come on, we can run even in the Leverian. The fact that Nora told us who the killer was by the end of episode 2 also killed the mood a bit.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

This is what ruined this season for me. Glass fissures should have been their own missions, either working like standard void fissures, or in the form of alerts.

Investigations were fun at the beginning, but slow movement speed made them very annoying. Come on, we can run even in the Leverian. The fact that Nora told us who the killer was by the end of episode 2 also killed the mood a bit.

They didn't need to be their own mission imo. But they did need to stay where they initially spawned. The rifts, that is. That and if I extract while rifts are active, I don't want to hear Nora inform me their back again when I queue up the next mission. Ugh.

10 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

They didn't need to be their own mission imo. But they did need to stay where they initially spawned. The rifts, that is. That and if I extract while rifts are active, I don't want to hear Nora inform me their back again when I queue up the next mission. Ugh.

It's even worse in the open worlds, when they don't. Stop. Spawning. When Deimos launched I was plagued by this stuff forever, fissures kept spawning 5, 10, 15 minutes in, and then there was the next cycle. 

Your suggestion isn't bad either. Anything to make them less invasive.

The glass ennemies are not exciting enough to be that much hinted etc in missions. Also the nw interface is too much active when not needed. It really needs ui tweaks as it polutes too much the gameplay for no reason. However the acts and the final were fine, the nw standing missions and the in mission mechanics are very bland but nothing is really punitive for no one.

pros: 

- decent story that educated us more on the factions and showed that there are those who go against their organizations wishes, even in communities like Cetus.

- crime scenes, while flawed,. were an interesting change form regular gameplay, and more immersive than a diorama cutscene like in the first 2 seasons.

- rewards were great, especially love the Frakta Shoulders and the Nightwave Ship.

- Vitrica is a very nice sword.

cons:

- glass bois get annoying after a while.

- boss fight with Nihil felt a little anticlimactic, even with the Nora face reveal.

- please let us run or at least walk faster in future interactive nightwaves, because you move TOO. DAMN. SLOW!. 

there is also the problem of Nightwaves kind of outstaying their welcome, but this has always been the case. I just hope the next intermission won't last for months like the last one did. 

It stretched out for way too long which is a common issue with most nightwave acts and its glass enemies became really annoying since they could potentially ruin some missions like hey youre doing a spy mission stealth leveling some gear or a sneaky exterminate mission with ivara or equinox and these bastards just interupt show up alarmed and just get all the enemies aggroed on you.Not to mention the constant dialogue geez.I did enjoy the investigations but that pulse should really start giving hints at the locations of the clues otherwise its super distracting and the end boss was ok could have been better but hey.

They could really do with adding some options to either mute Nora and her dialogue or maybe even to opt out of the unique enemy spawns if youre high enough rank and they seriously need to get their schedule together because nobody likes to be stuck with one nightwave for half a year.

I'd agree with you had they kept it on a reasonable schedule. But by allowing it to drag out interminably it was ruined. And it's not even over yet. And we have no idea if the last episode will be over in 2 weeks or if it will drag on for another 2 months. And after that we could have another 10 month long intermission. DE really needs to stop biting off more than they can chew. Along with stop releasing updates in a half finished or stripped down state.

Things this nightwave had over the others:

Story itself, leastways until they dropped the ball on the mystery. I'm a tad disappointed Ordis never chimed in - it's not like other characters haven't had a role in Nightwave before, Alad had a starring one in Wolf of Saturn Six. It'd have been neat if Nihil had wound up taunting us about Ordis, something along the lines of 'Oh. So you're the Tenno who got- oh, now he WAS interesting. What foolish ideals - causing chaos to be remembered. And yet, nobody but me even knows who he was anymore. Delicious. I loved it when he begged to die... those dreams must have been agony."

The concept of the crime scenes and weave was sound, even if the execution was... troubled.

It's boss is probably the best of all of them, followed by the Zealoid. At least we actually get to fight the main villain, unlike Emissary, and they don't live in a pineapple under the bullet casings spent killing him. Plus the reward is cool.

Things the others did better.

Pacing. Good lord, the pacing of this nightwave was terrible. It appears that it was released whilst still in active development (i.e. later parts were not finished) as it was produced which is a terrible idea. It's honestly indefensible, and I've died on some stupid hills. It bogged the pacing horribly. Wolf was consistently every two weeks, Arlo shook it up and whilst it meant longer between story moments, it being a tad unpredictable was neat. Made things a tiny bit more organic, at least for something as fairly rigid and artificial as a strict five-act structure.

Gameplay progression. Wolf and Emmissary had interesting gameplay progression. Wolf started with the Convicts and the Wolf, then started showing off the mutated Convicts, then we got to see Sentient Wolf and the invulnerable gang. As boring and oppressively cheesy as the boss was, seeing Wolfy progress in real time was cool. The Emmissary also held back on the enemies, opening it with the helpful devotees. It led to a false sense of security, and a feeling of unease because you know something bad is going to happen to these guys. You just don't know how. And then HOLD UP. DETECTING GLASS RESONANCE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD for months on end. No progression no change, no development. Nothing.

And obviously, the Execution of the crime scenes was not great. They do inspire tension and intrigue at first (leastways, they did for me) but after half an hour of pointless wandering looking for something and not knowing which parts you can go to and which you can't... a tad annoying. They had clearly-defined walls in Cetus, but none of the other areas had them, instead opting for fully invisible walls, which makes it hard to tell if you're supposed to be able to go somewhere or not.

8 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

"remember, no glass is unbreakable"

WE KNOW! THAT IS WHAT GLASS DOES! IT BREAKS! SHUT UP, NORA!

that alone makes this the worst NW for me. I can't stand this one dumb line.

I think “there has to be a way to bring these down,” is the dumbest line. I am like, did you try to... shoot it? Though nearly every single line Nora says is dumb.

This night wave would have been the best if it wasn't for the ENORMOUS duration. 

I really like Nightwaves in general because they give me more reasons to log in and play, and get a couple cool rewards for doing it. But when they take 6-7 months to wrap up it really taints my enjoyment of them.

Id much prefer to get 3 nightwaves a year that have just a few tidbits of lore and some cool rewards, than 1 nightwave a year that has all these story elements and crime scenes and a big boss fight.

IMHO the mechanics were so 'not warframe' that by the time the story was relevant, I was annoyed at the entire system and just wanted to get it over with...
I play warframe to move fast, shoot stuff and cut things in half with my mod designed weapons, Glass maker had me walking slow to find things I didn't care for, and the final boss made any build, or weapon selection irrelevant...
I found the entire thing just annoying... Particularly when I'm trying to catch conservation targets and a bloody glass maker spawn arrives and makes my get a poor capture because it either attacks the animal or I have to kill it and be seen...

1 hour ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

“there has to be a way to bring these down,”

it seems hitting them with a stick does the job, Nora. did you see me shred half a dozen of them before I noticed they were glassed, Nora? Nora, shut the heck up!

I want to like her, but this season made her unbearable. need a mute Nora option

Archived