Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Issues & (possible) Solutions

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

Not a hot topic right now, but I just wanna leave this here for the Devs to address it, and the players to discuss it, BEFORE new content gets added to it. The video is rather long because I tried to talk about everything in it (and I still feel I left stuff out), but like a friend of mine said when I told him I made a one hour long video about Railjack problems: "Just one hour?" hehe 😅

So, I leave it for your consideration. Enjoy!

The idea of Railjack docks throughout the Relays, adding to their intended function as space ports, is sound in its execution. It could work as a separate room only accessible to players that have fulfilled the Rising Tide quest, and it also beats having to affiliate with a clan that possesses a dry dock. 

Diversity is also something that could be crucial for future Railjack missions that have yet to be implemented in future updates. The posts below offer some insightful suggestions on how this may work for the future. The ideas aren't mine, of course. In addition, the Operation Links introduced in Tennocon and Scarlet Spear long before, could also add intimate connections between the main missions and Railjack missions for the experienced; the progress of one mission integral to the progress of the other.

As for scrapping/fusing wreckage, you could consider first combining the attributes or repairing the part you want to use the most, then scrapping all the other parts you don't need. The mod swapping feature could also be wise to utilize, if you desired to replace avionics due to specific grid sockets providing better benefits (unless all slots are upgraded). And, although a forma-based system could be used for Railjack, I feel it somewhat opposes the balance for the Railjack's power and gameplay, as players could end up earning an advantage in completing missions more quickly than others due to these disproportionate levels in the strength of their ships, compared to more inexperienced players.

The intrinsics system does appear costly, and indeed it is time consuming, though farming points at missions that don't offer extra objectives (Gian Point) could be one way to pass the time more quickly.

The boost system can also be improved as follows: once the boost meter is expended completely, the sprint toggle is automatically reset, which then refills the gauge without the minor hassle in toggling the button again.

For the tactical menu, the utilization of button shortcuts by inputting specific commands (e.g. L button + B button) do sound like a much faster means in activating tactical intrinsics/forges than by cursor use. The tactical map could also need some fixing in the future to utilize more easier teleportation. 

While solo play isn't exactly balanced (yet) for Railjack, the Command Intrinsic (hopefully) should clear some loose ends in navigating this system much more fluidly in solo options, providing tutorials that better explain the functions and mechanics of the ship itself, while also providing customization intervals at the player's convenience even within the orbiter.

Archived