Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Event So Far: An Ode To Mass Destruction (And Not In A Nice Way....)

fmultimedia

This morning I logged on and saw the update. Cool. Checked the level of the challenge and reckoned, "I'll solo once to get a taste of this". I reckoned I could do it with my Ash - currently leveling up again after a Forma, with all his weapons in the same state.

It was hard. In fact, I died twice right in the beginning, and thought "man, now this is a cool challenge!! Let's do this!!!!"

I tried again, being very careful, trying to use the grineer as a distraction for my corpus killing, had to bait enemies to choke points, really think before using energy. Finally I died again, but was close to the end, so I revived and made it to the end.

I was SO excited.

Then I realised I had to do that five times. The first had taken me a long time - didn't mark, probably 20 min. OK, let's go in a team.

Then the disappointment started. Not (only) because of the horrific lag (tried 4 times, still got it). But mainly because of all the Novas and Rhinos pushing their way through the mess so fast that, if I as much as blinked, I was left behind. I tried hard to kill one or two guys every room, because they'd die so fast. When someone wasn't a Nova, they'd have ignis (or the like) strapped on, which is basically the same.

So yeah, real good challenge potential spoiled by power creep. Not sure how this could be avoided in the event, since it's an issue the game has as a general. The even only made it even more blatant to me.

ANYWAY, not saying I'm not grateful for the effort, for all the (REALLY NICE) free stuff. Love you, DEs. But had to leave my token of feedback. So sorry if I sound ungrateful.

I'm wondering how the hell you died 2 times, I solo'd it in under 10 mins with my Loki and less with my Nova and Rhino so yeah... Challenge? Where?... And honestly the fact that you aint using Flux or Ignis for crowd clearing fun is why I question this whole post... and how you died 2 times as a Frame that can just press 2 and expel all agro on him... honestly...

What? Are you saying it's wrong for people to use high tier frames and high tier weapons? And you brought low ranked Ash of all things in a level 40ish mission. What did you expect? Also there's the competitive aspect to it too so it only makes sense everyone is going to bring super gear in it.

The reason why there are so many rhinos and novas is coz everybody has to do 100 missions just to get the final reward, regardless of faction.

I'm myself a rhino rusher, but yeah doing 1 mission that takes 20 mins 100 times just won't cut it.

the real problem is that the amount of enemies or/and the difficulty of every individual one doesnt scale at all when you play in a group...alone it can be exciting..in a group its highly possible you fall asleep.

Edited by Tharzul

Your good time wasn't spoiled by power creep,

Your good time was spoiled by rushers.

If you go online on an event that needs 100 runs to give the best rewards, you'll fall short of all the M-Prime spamming Novas kickflipping their way through the game with ease.

I just soloed my first 20 missions with my level 15 Ash, just like you, recently forma'd.

Just slap on max duration mods, flow and streamline and smokescreen your way through it.

I'm wondering how the hell you died 2 times, I solo'd it in under 10 mins with my Loki and less with my Nova and Rhino so yeah... Challenge? Where?... And honestly the fact that you aint using Flux or Ignis for crowd clearing fun is why I question this whole post... and how you died 2 times as a Frame that can just press 2 and expel all agro on him... honestly...

How you managed to turn a nice thread into a elitist one SO quickly is unbelievable.

Yes, you'll need to adjust your expectations to the actual situation.  The game is not designed to adjust according to party size.  If you are used to soloing, don't expect to get the same feel playing with a group at the same level.  If you are used to playing Ash, don't expect the same game play when playing with other nuker warframes.

Edited by ThePresident777

im not sure what your trying to say here, the event is fine, sure you get people who run nothing but nova, but that's the same any map, sure you get people that use the AE weapons, like ignis, I know I do for this, because it is very good for this particular mission, just like for mobile defence I use volt/synapse, the ignis is a quite old weapon relatively speaking, one of the first clan weapons im not sure that power creep particularly applies here

certain missions lend themselves to particular loadouts, these event missions are very good for the AE weapons as(at the moment) the enemies are quite low level, that may change

I think the op has a point. Its the quality vs quantity issue that has been touched on many times, only this event magnifies it somewhat.

The event is fun, and yeah - so is running around nuking everything with nova, but it gets old. So this event, which holds such a great premise for interesting and challenging gameplay does turn into a grind after a while - along with everything else in the game.

Who knows, maybe if for some lore related reason we simply couldn't use our ultis, same time as the max mission goal was 25 not 100 - maybe it would be even more engaging and promote more tactics and team play?

Yeah, later on I got another warframe with my ignis cryo rounds whatnot, and guess what. Everything dyid as soon as I looked at them. If that's "the right way" to play it, then I like playing it wrong. But that's just me.

The reason why there are so many rhinos and novas is coz everybody has to do 100 missions just to get the final reward, regardless of faction.

I'm myself a rhino rusher, but yeah doing 1 mission that takes 20 mins 100 times just won't cut it.

Exactly my point. Then again, not sure how this particular even could have done differently, since....

the real problem is that the amount of enemies or/and the difficulty of every individual one doesnt scale at all when you play in a group...alone it can be exciting..in a group its highly possible you fall asleep.

the issue is generalized in the game.

My point is, it could not have been a grind. I think.