Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nihil boss fight

(PSN)SWATobias

For being the worst nightwave to date. 

I was hoping the boss fight would be worth it.

But no. It was annoying, tedious, a HUGE waste of time and not fun in the slightest. Just like the investigation up until the boss fight.

Not to mention. WAY to easy. Just dodge and throw his own glass back at him. Rinse and repeat. Just grade school all over again, instead of glass to use knives.

Anyways, the whole nightwave a complete waste of my time, and a complete disappointment.

But unsurprisingly, I am not mad. This is Warframe were talking about. For every one thing to do Right, thay do 20 things wrong.

It's the norm

16 minutes ago, (PS4)SWATobias said:

You're overlooking how generous the rewards are, in spite of the lack of longevity:

• The Vitrica does not require any RNG weapon components.
  • Only requires fairly common Cambion Drift mining resources, Oxium, and Orokin Cells.
  • You get a living Orokin to torture.

Isn't one of Warframe's core mechanic is in its movement and mobility? That's what the fight capitalizes on, while also portraying Nihil as an actual threat to stop compared to most "bosses" we fought.

I can agree that the fight is not perfect (nothing is perfect) such as unexpectedly taking away all of our equipment, but it's odd to see how people criticize a fight based upon movement and mobility in a game like Warframe. 

19 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

You're overlooking how generous the rewards are, in spite of the lack of longevity:

• Only requires fairly common Cambion Drift mining resources, Oxium, and Orokin Cells.

Isn't one of Warframe's core mechanic is in its movement and mobility? That's what the fight capitalizes on, while also portraying Nihil as an actual threat to stop compared to most "bosses" we fought.

I can agree that the fight is not perfect (nothing is perfect) such as unexpectedly taking away all of our equipment, but it's odd to see how people criticize a fight based upon movement and mobility in a game like Warframe. 

I don't think it's the mobility itself that people are criticizing but the mechanics surrounding it.  I have a hearing issue, so I had no idea what I was supposed to do for several minutes because glass shards weren't hitting the platforms, since...  you know...  being mobile and all.  So I'm already irritated coming off a 20 minute slow motion scavenger hunt to find some flash cards and I get into this boss with no abilities (I brought the frame I brought specifically for the abilities.) and no weapons and no explanation of why I have this new aiming reticle and now I'm dodging and have no idea what the boss is saying because I'm dodging and not reading subtitles or stopping to really focus and make out what they're saying and the shards are sailing off into the void instead of hitting me or the platform because I'm mobile so I have no idea what the hell the game wants from me. 

And again, because of the hearing issue, I had no idea that I was being given clues as to which crystals to hit, and even if I could hear, why the #*!% would I remember anything at all about the other crime scenes enough to get whatever hints are being dropped at me?  First off, that first scene was SIX MONTHS AGO.  Second, none of it was so interesting or engaging that I remembered anything but the absolute core point of the plot going into this boss fight.  In fact, the Slow Motion Walking Simulator Exposition Dump Extravaganza was so irritating to me that it would take some serious pay off for me to ever want to revisit those scenes.  Thankfully, either due to foresight of this issue or just bad design, you can brute force the crystal breaking portion.

Then the crystals themselves have an effective throwing range that might as well make them melee weapons.  Travel speed so slow it defies physics with a ridiculously heavy arc and a teleporting boss do NOT make for fun mechanics.  At least not to me.  If you're into masochism, by all means, go replay the fight and enjoy yourself.  But this was my experience with the fight, and it wasn't the mobility portion that bothered me.  It was literally everything else about it.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)SWATobias said:

But no. It was annoying, tedious, a HUGE waste of time and not fun in the slightest. Just like the investigation up until the boss fight.

Not to mention. WAY to easy. Just dodge and throw his own glass back at him. Rinse and repeat. Just grade school all over again, instead of glass to use knives.

was about to upvote till u said its too easy. So thats a big nono

9 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

And again, because of the hearing issue, I had no idea that I was being given clues as to which crystals to hit, and even if I could hear, why the #*!% would I remember anything at all about the other crime scenes enough to get whatever hints are being dropped at me?  First off, that first scene was SIX MONTHS AGO.  Second, none of it was so interesting or engaging that I remembered anything but the absolute core point of the plot going into this boss fight.  In fact, the Slow Motion Walking Simulator Exposition Dump Extravaganza was so irritating to me that it would take some serious pay off for me to ever want to revisit those scenes.  Thankfully, either due to foresight of this issue or just bad design, you can brute force the crystal breaking portion.

There was clues about the crystals? I focused on the boss fight so i didnt paid attention to these,the one crystal you have to break is way more transperant than the others.

Was an okay fight overall if not a bit annoying,didnt die once but fell alot and aiming the glass was a bit annoying becuase of the heavy arc it has,like bruh im throwing glass not bricks and nihil suddenly started teleporting,a bit unnecessary imo. too much of a long ass time waiting just for this is dissapointing but its de,they suck at making proper enjoyable boss fights lol.

My problem was the binary nature of the fight. Unless you went in with a fully built Inaros, it was either you dodged the melee or you died. No in between. Combine that with the fact that you needed to dodge the glass attack while still making sure it hits the platform you are on, if possible, so you can throw it back, and the fact that the glass was timed, so if you picked one up but Nihil decided to teleport 3 times in a row you had to toss it or get slowed (which typically resulted in not being able to dodge the melee, thus death), and you get a very annoying and yet simultaneously boring boss fight. I don't build my weapons and frames just so I have something pretty to look at; I build them so that I can complete content without it being annoying. And removing weapons and powers in a boss fight negates any and all time spent doing anything other than building a frame that is a bag of health.

annoying as the fight can be, it was well woth it for the Vitrica. I expected it to be MR fodder, but it's actually a fun and viable Heavy Blade. granted we have others too, but I'ts still nice. I know I'll be much happier once the glass bois are gone. I'm gonna do a jig in the Strata Relay on that day...

If you think this season was worse than WoSS then I fear what you might actually consider "fun". One-shot fugitive molotovs and a status and ability immune health bar of a boss that you needed to grind out in order to get the season weapon.

However the whole issue with Nihil is that the only requirement for anyone to get to his fight was to kill Cephalites. Everyone from a brand new player to seven year "veterans" are expected to fight him. If they didn't equalize everything by making it mobility based then it would have still been too easy for older players and impossible for newer ones.

And if you actually think the whole thing was a waste of time then you clearly haven't bothered to actually use the Vitrica. For a near zero grind reward it's well worth such an insignificant inconvenience the Nihil fight was.

11 hours ago, Duality52 said:

U make a fair point

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

annoying as the fight can be, it was well woth it for the Vitrica. I expected it to be MR fodder, but it's actually a fun and viable Heavy Blade. granted we have others too, but I'ts still nice. I know I'll be much happier once the glass bois are gone. I'm gonna do a jig in the Strata Relay on that day...

Havent built it yet. Dose it do something special or unique?

U guys make fair points all round... WoSS Boss a pain sometimes but taking him down was always satisfying and i love thw theme of the infested one. 

But glass.... And looking for Clues and s***......... Idk. Seems dull in comparison to what we've had already. I don't know maybe I'm just looking into it too much

15 hours ago, (PS4)SWATobias said:

Anyways, the whole nightwave a complete waste of my time, and a complete disappointment.

But unsurprisingly, I am not mad. This is Warframe were talking about. For every one thing to do Right, thay do 20 things wrong.

It's the norm

Careful, they took away all your abilities for this one and was still too easy, next time DE will just make no Amp operator boss fight since they can't design "difficulty" without taking away all your tools, oh well, now back to PSO2 where the grind doesn't feel as unrewarding and restrictive despite having the cash shop items pushed at me all over the place.

14 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'm dodging and have no idea what the boss is saying because I'm dodging and not reading subtitles or stopping to really focus and make out what they're saying and the shards are sailing off into the void instead of hitting me or the platform because I'm mobile so I have no idea what the hell the game wants from me. 

This. Honestly this is problem with some of the missions.

14 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I have a hearing issue, so I had no idea what I was supposed to do for several minutes because glass shards weren't hitting the platforms, since...  you know...  being mobile and all. 

I think your issue is with seeing not hearing. Sure, there are "clues" that you could hear but on the other hands there are lots of things happens on the screen. The boss telegraphs his every move. I've tried to hit him - no change. So I tried to hit "big crystals". His health changed color (red means he is now vulnerable). I've tried to hit him. If I hit him then his health decrease.
I've beat the boss mostly on visual aspect of the game.

13 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

My problem was the binary nature of the fight. Unless you went in with a fully built Inaros, it was either you dodged the melee or you died. No in between. Combine that with the fact that you needed to dodge the glass attack while still making sure it hits the platform you are on, if possible, so you can throw it back, and the fact that the glass was timed, so if you picked one up but Nihil decided to teleport 3 times in a row you had to toss it or get slowed (which typically resulted in not being able to dodge the melee, thus death), and you get a very annoying and yet simultaneously boring boss fight. I don't build my weapons and frames just so I have something pretty to look at; I build them so that I can complete content without it being annoying. And removing weapons and powers in a boss fight negates any and all time spent doing anything other than building a frame that is a bag of health.

Really? I read few tips but I remember to not be afraid of falling.
I've picked the quick Xaku with the Amalgam Serration (60% to rolling) with the Adaptation (but that were almost useless) and Umbral Vitality (550%) and the Rolling guard (-2).
And the fight? He killed me few times (at least one time I was very careless) but other stuffs you can dodge. He shoot glass at you - you jump (unless he is close... that's harder). He swing sword at you - you dodge. Sure, sometimes you get the platform destroyed... but that's not the end of the world.

As for the Boss:
I kind of like it. It's not another "I'm going to kill you and I have huge health pool" boss. He telegraphs his moves so you can adapt. It takes some times to work him out but it's nice. I took long session with him. I like that they took ours weapons. That made the boss not another bullet sponge. Like with the Wolf - as fair I remember you need "good" gun to beat him.
And I get the water of a rich girl Orokin.

As for the bad sides:

- clues were not visible enough (other stuffs looks fine)

- platform disappearing when he shoot glass at you (It's just little annoying but nothing that you cannot work with)

- talk with fight is not good - I either want to listen to story or fight.

So, after Protea fight this fight were nice as well. Bravo!

3 hours ago, Dedalion said:

For me it's just an over trash fight, like all boss fights that are incredibly bad. The game will be better without boss fights when i see how they are bad.
The fact that you need to farm resonances to retry this waste of time is a shame, but so common for DE.

Warframe's staff will never understand, and will continu to repeat the same errors, all the time, nothing to expect.
Just play this game when you have time to waste.

Instead of boss fight. I want hordes of enemies. Some many, my playstation is at risk of exploding.

1000+ all at once. Ummmmmm yaoh yeah GIF by Leroy Patterson

22 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

My problem was the binary nature of the fight. Unless you went in with a fully built Inaros, it was either you dodged the melee or you died. No in between

Frame played no role in that fight you could have gone in there on a rank 0 frame and had the same results as a max rank Inaros if you stood in the big sword swing you died

Archived