Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I failed 3 bounties in a row on PoE due to bugs

Hayrack

So I decided to do some 30-50 and 40-60 level bounties on PoE, to complete Nightwave challenge and, hopefully, get some Revenant parts to drop.

The first bounty had a final stage where you have to kill 30 Grineer and, at the same time, destroy supply crates that are being dropped on the battlefield. 2 crates were dropped but enemies suddenly stopped spawning. I sniped remaining number of enemies in the outpost down the mountain that was inside bounty area but timer kept on ticking until I was greeted with "Bounty failed" banner.

tenor.gif?itemid=7801407

There was a bounty roll reset so I thought OK, let's try this again. On a second attempt I got a fourth bounty stage where you have to defend the area from incoming Grineer. The area was on huge mountain with a cave, so enemies spawned BOTH IN the cave and ON the mountain, so of course I failed this one too, because mountains and caves block aiming and have much larger total area to cover than a simple flat-projected 2D circle.

tenor.gif?itemid=4941574

On my third attempt I almost lost the first stage because Grineer drone decided he is too vogue to descend remaining 100 m on short hillside and proceeded to fly along the edge where he was exposed to enemy fire both behind and in front of us. But did I succeeded to complete the bounty?

LOL NO

tenor.gif?itemid=5369819

On the third stage ''rescue the captive", the rescue point spawned only, like, at 50 m ahead but the captive got YEETED away almost 500 m, didn't teleport back, and died several meters in front of me before I could reach him.

To sum up my experience:

DimHardtofindDiplodocus-size_restricted.

The exact same thing happened to me the other day. Failed two bounties back to back while playing solo simply because enemies just would not spawn.

And what’s funny is they fixed the problem of losing control of an area because no enemies are spawning for you to kill...on Deimos. There, if no enemies are present, the control level doesn’t go down. You also don’t have to control an area the size of Texas. So why haven’t they gone back and applied the same fixes to PoE? Well that’s DE for you.

The bonus objectives on PoE are also unreasonably difficult in some cases as a result. Killing 30 enemies in 1 minute to draw out the commander? Kind of impossible to do when only 27 enemies spawn in that time period.

As a solo player, I don't get bugs doing Bounties on POE but today I needed a full tin of Aerogard (bug spray) to try and stop them from pulling my bounty into glitch land, I failed a few times of what others above had problems with, lot of open worlds need some loving lately.

Going back in the door to Cetus reset them, was the only way to fix the NPC's not spawning at certain stages so damn frustrating.

What is with the BIG circles now, I'm sure they didn't cover as big an area as they do now. :shocked:

8 hours ago, Hayrack said:

So I decided to do some 30-50 and 40-60 level bounties on PoE, to complete Nightwave challenge and, hopefully, get some Revenant parts to drop.

The first bounty had a final stage where you have to kill 30 Grineer and, at the same time, destroy supply crates that are being dropped on the battlefield. 2 crates were dropped but enemies suddenly stopped spawning. I sniped remaining number of enemies in the outpost down the mountain that was inside bounty area but timer kept on ticking until I was greeted with "Bounty failed" banner.

There was a bounty roll reset so I thought OK, let's try this again. On a second attempt I got a fourth bounty stage where you have to defend the area from incoming Grineer. The area was on huge mountain with a cave, so enemies spawned BOTH IN the cave and ON the mountain, so of course I failed this one too, because mountains and caves block aiming and have much larger total area to cover than a simple flat-projected 2D circle.

Yes, these two are extremely common and annoying. Sadly I don't think DE are reading PoE bug reports anymore

DE definitely needs to work on Cetus alot. Because it's the first world zone new players tend to take in. I cannot tell ya how many times i have had to explain to new lads it's buggy best to avoid still. Alot of the bounties require reworks. You can honestly just go there solo and encounter a handful of bugs doing 20k + worth of bounty rep.

Falling through the ground, the heavy gunner damage bug, been flung from targets and not enough mobs spawning on the bounty areas. All has been acknowledged by DE just need to hopefully see fixes by the end of next year at the latest.

Archived