Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty Scintillant dropping in Stage 5 of a 3 stage bounty???

Jukantos

I'm in a bit of a pickle still. At this point i'm 800 platinum deep into Boosters desperately trying to get the insane number of 15 Scintilant to construct all 3 Deimos MR relevant items. Yes, i still don't have them.

So good old me thinks "hey, the T1 bounty advertises that it has Scintillant in them, lets check the odds". (after failing to drop one for 11 bounty runs)

I head on over to warframe.com/droptables to check the ratios on those T1 bounties and what do my eyes spot?

z0RNNgT.png

Here's the massive and relatively obvious problem with this:

THESE BOUNTIES ONLY HAVE THREE FRICKIN STAGES

Granted, you roll for a Stage 4 "bonus" reward if you perfectly execute everything, but are we really talking about a system in which you have a 2,01% chance of dropping the item as the bonus reward for a perfect run, requiring an average of 50 perfect runs to get a single drop instance, with the intended 8,33% Final Stage being LITERALLY UNREACHABLE because the Bounties are by their very level's nature not done in five steps???????

Come on now. This is at the core of why the Deimos Economy feels so unreasonable. Do you really expect people to land 15 hits on a 2,01% chance to get Access to the Items of Deimos? At that point you might as well make them plat only, because they effectively are. Not even premium boosters can take that sting off.

TL;DR: Make the bounties have 5 stages or make the Scintillants drop in lower tiers.

14 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

THESE BOUNTIES ONLY HAVE THREE FRICKIN STAGES

Which is why, if you look closely, you'll see that it says "Final Stage", not Stage 5. It's why the tables immediately above have variables for when they are called on in bounties with 3, 4, and 5 stages.

Edit: To clarify, the table marked as "Final Stage" will be used in the last stage of the bounty, regardless of whether the bounty is 3 or 5 stages long.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Corvid:

Which is why, if you look closely, you'll see that it says "Final Stage", not Stage 5. It's why the tables immediately above have variables for when they are called on in bounties with 3, 4, and 5 stages.

Huh, so then the best method would be to force Stage 1 of a level 15-25 bounty over and over for the 18.42% chance and just abandoning ship every time if it doesn't drop?
Seems a bit.... counterintuitive but i guess i'll take it

Update:

After cheesing only the first Task of the level 15-25 bounty three times i hit the 18,42% chance and bagged the last Scintillant i need (thank the lotus for my Kavat, a paid resource booster and a double resource weekend granting me an 8-stack off a necramech a few weeks ago)

9 hours ago, Jukantos said:

Huh, so then the best method would be to force Stage 1 of a level 15-25 bounty over and over for the 18.42% chance and just abandoning ship every time if it doesn't drop?
Seems a bit.... counterintuitive but i guess i'll take it

Yes. That's how I helped my clanmates farm debt bonds for Fortuna

vor 12 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

Or.. you can try triple vault runs. Vault Mechs drop them. You also get Deimos resources in the process.

I've done 48 Tripple-Vaults, got myself the mech, the Cortege and a bunch of Necramech mods... but literally had TWO drops of the damn thing ever. Luckily one counted for 8 (resource weekend + booster + Smeeta) and one for 4 (Booster + Smeeta). 2 drops in 48 tripple runs (288 mechs)

Archived