Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Ropalolyst might be the worst thing in the game. Half the reason is because you abandon content with all the bugs intact.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Amps don't do squat.  I had to charge VS up to like 15x just to do damage even close to comparable to the regular fight.  There need to be some exceptions to where those SP modifiers go.  I get this is supposed to be "hard" but hard doesn't mean sitting cloaked charging VS for 5 minutes is engaging, difficult gameplay.  You didn't change the rewards for SP because "it's just so you can get to higher level enemies faster." but you changed the content to not be just "higher level enemies faster." but higher level enemies with arbitrary modifiers that completely break certain units and make them extremely frustrating.  I can still get 10 whole Hexanon as a Jupiter Disruption rotation reward, but the enemies have health armor and shields like they're level 500.  Which is fine for most units.  But for some of them, it's completely broken, and your stance seems to be "Doesn't matter if it's broken, it is what it is because it's not a new game mode, it's just higher levels" even though it's not.

The constant grabbing that the Ropalolyst can hit you with from nearly everywhere is a horrible mechanic.  There is zero counterplay to this.  It's just the game telling you "screw you, you don't get to move for 15 seconds for no reason."  I've literally had it grab me from behind the boxes.  You can't avoid it, you can't get out of it.  When we have a target, like capture targets or Demolishers that we need to CC, after using CC on it like three times it pretty much stops working, but this thing spammed the grab on me the whole fight with zero consequences.  I probably spent more time staring at my frame sitting in its hand than I did charging VS which is saying something.

Then there's the bugs.  Bugs that have been reported since the release of this fight that you've just abandoned along with everything else to do with this particular content drop.  I've run this fight dozens of times helping people farm Wisp.  It nearly always hits a bug in the last phase where it just regenerates its health to full as soon as you take it down.  It can do this seemingly indefinitely.  My loadout for this fight is always a rad Fulmin and a Rad Catchmoon with Pax Charge because I have run out of ammunition during this fight because of this bug.  You have to hit the button for the laser as soon as the last bit of damage hits it or it will regen health and dodge.  All the sentients supporting it will be dead, there will be nothing left for you to do and it will just be flat out refusing to die.  It's done it to me for over 10 minutes straight before.  There's not even a reason to leave and restart because it will probably do it the next fight too.  I cannot tell you how maddening this was on the Steel Path version of the fight where I was getting grabbed every 10 seconds because I was solo.  Fighting against bugs and a level 140 Ropalolyst that's spamming CC on you is unbelievably frustrating.  I don't know how you can just be okay with leaving content like this.  

I had a similar experience.

Ropalyst was the last node I needed to clear before finishing steel path. Did it solo and it took me three attempts, mostly because the operator portions are abysmally bad. It takes way too long to sap the Ropalyst shield as an operator. The Ropalyst grabbing you is as annoying as you've described, for sure.

The main issues I had, outside of the fight being a horrible war of attrition, were the bugs. 

Ropalyst steel path is working as intended.

steve GIF 

Oh yeah i tried that one solo... almost did it but was too slow to get to the control module on the last phase(he recovers super fast on the last phase literally seconds becuase DE) and he got his hp instantly,and i had no revives left,so i just quited and hoped to get a group,i got an okay group and we did SP ropalolist.

I feel bad for not retrying it solo again but... it took forever to take his dumb shields down with the amp i just lost all interest in trying to solo it.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Oh yeah i tried that one solo... almost did it but was too slow to get to the control module on the last phase(he recovers super fast on the last phase literally seconds becuase DE) and he got his hp instantly,and i had no revives left,so i just quited and hoped to get a group,i got an okay group and we did SP ropalolist.

I feel bad for not retrying it solo again but... it took forever to take his dumb shields down with the amp i just lost all interest in trying to solo it.

I didn't have an issue with getting to the console in time. I wonder if that was a bug you experienced. Once it begins its "owww, mommy" animation I just bullet jumped over to the console and doc brown'd it.

Just now, Leqesai said:

I didn't have an issue with getting to the console in time. I wonder if that was a bug you experienced. Once it begins its "owww, mommy" animation I just bullet jumped over to the console and doc brown'd it.

I was in a cover a bit away using rubico becuase the sentients at the final phase were a bit of a pain and didnt helped the clusterfack in the middle with the amlagams and ropy joining the party ,Got him down was about to reach the thing and then he recovered instantly or after like few seconds? Not sure if he is intrented to like stay down for some moments or get up fast at the last phase so idk lmao,i do know theres a glitch(maybe a glitch) where he will get his hp filled up instantly after it get depleted forever but im not sure if in the SP ropylolo case if he is intended to get back up fast or lay down for a bit probs i was a bit slow on the uptake and he does get up fast at final phase idk.

Well, I did the Ropalolyst solo last night. On normal I mostly use Inaros, now I used my trusty Loki (with 300% duration). It took 3-4 minutes per round pew-pew'ing the shield from slightly behind the glass cage, the 1st round I also had to wait for a while for it to get close enough.

Using Loki's invisibility it is pretty easy standing by the console when you fire the "last shot" each round, allowing you to immediately press the button. But the %&¤#! grabbing, it killed med five times simply by grabbing me and three of those deaths were a totally unavoidable triple insta-grabbing streak (immediately when I revived it grabbed me again). Being invisible doesn't help. I finished on my last life, but down it went.

I had left Kela, Tamu and the Ropalolyst for last out of sheer horrified expectation, but I actually (and surprisingly) enjoyed the Ropalolyst, with Loki anyway. You had to be patient and sneaky (especially sneaking around the main platform), but I felt I had control of the mission all the time. Excepting the grabs (which kills a wimpy invis-Loki). But even then, with no extra life left, I shot it's health down to a sliver while dodging the sentients and changing cover and then waited until it "looked the other way", sneaked invisible along the edge to the console, popped the last shot and pressed the button. Felt good 🙂!

I don't recall having any issue with time taken to remove shields with an amp.  Only problem I remember having was avoiding the instant death lasers.  If it grabbed me I just switched to Operator and skulked away until it let go of the frame.

52 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I don't recall having any issue with time taken to remove shields with an amp.  Only problem I remember having was avoiding the instant death lasers.  If it grabbed me I just switched to Operator and skulked away until it let go of the frame.

People have different gear level progression in game thus experience probably. Some will see it as difficult and all that while some players who are further down the line wouldn't even notice it as just another node.

On topic Personally iirc only had trouble with the shield but wasn't really prepped for it either (cant remember the part but my amps primary fire had short range). Took a while but everything else felt pretty much the same. 

Lets be honest here.

Steel path was halfassed. I like the mode, but DE, once again, showed they can't relase something fully. No. They have to rush and spew out abomination that need at very least 20 patches and 5 updates to be acceptable.

Ropalolyst is yet another can of worms. One of the "big decision guys" was really into flying boss in open world. And HE WANTED IS SO BADLY DUH! So DE added this featherless chicken to a normal type mission. Needless to say boss and its design is, yet again, garbage. 

It's damn amazing they keep on doing this over and over and it still keeps players happy. 

On 2020-11-01 at 7:03 PM, (PS4)grayhyh said:

On 2020-11-01 at 7:11 PM, Leqesai said:

It is absolutely a bug.  It's been very well documented that it can instantly heal as soon as you take its HP down, preventing you from hitting it with the laser.

23 hours ago, Katinka said:

This flat out does not work on xbox.  You cannot use operator or anything to get out of the grab, I've tried.

• 10 months later...

Yeah i don't see a point in even fighting this atrocity. 42 minutes and failed due to the in game timer saying F you. When you have an extremely tanky boss and very limited regular enemies its bound to happen. Not to mention I did finally get its health to 0 and within half a second it was back to full again. An especially irritating bug i found was if you run ash and use smoke screen as the boss grabs you, it will give the boss invisibility that lasts until you crash it into a zapper. I ran out of ammo with my rad rubico and had to resort to smacking it non-stop with the paracesis. Worst of all is the bug where after flying it into a zapper you are missing your weapons and have to die to have a fighting chance. I know this bug was recently fixed on PC but playstation is still beyond broken. Last of all, this could be my ignorance but whenever i would dash with my operator for energizing dash, this acted as a nullifying bubble and kicked me out of operator form. I don't know why this would be a legitimate feature so i figure this is also a bug

Hmmm i've never seen the HP regen bug on PS... I have ran it like in the 15-30 range times.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an SP daily for me last night.....  I went in as Nidus w/ Acceltra / Secura Dual Cestra's / Lesion.. (all viral lol)  AND my Amp was a Klamora/Shrak.   I expected it to go badly....

I was lucky and other randoms showed up but 1 bailed when he saw me?? lol.  Everyone else stayed...

My acceltra was doing ok'ish on the ropa but it has very limited ammo.  The cestras were worthless....  so I whipped out my imp vandal which is radiation..  That was decent..   But when it came time for the bug zapper...  Klamora is pretty short range, Ropa has to be close to hit it.   I have a virtuous strike arcane.  When I could it did pretty decent damage (like more than everyone elses..)  problem was I had the aggro so I couldnt get any shots off.  But I did what I could and waited for the others to whittle him down...

On the first bug zapper I think someone jumped on him after we got his shields down but the next thing I knew the Ropa was back to 100% with shields and there was nobody on him.   Dont know what happened there.  I was to busy falling to my death from trying to jump on him.  He also blasted me mid air and killed me one time.  But we had to drop his shield twice...

Part 2 was the same grind.. I used my larva to take care of the trash enemies.  We grinding down the turkey, got the 2nd zapper..a much faster grind as Ropa focused on another guy and I actually got to light him up.   Hmmmm im confused..  oh the 1st zapper is right off the bat with no fighting...   Yeah ok for the 3rd part we grinding him down, I had the aggro for the bug zapper but the other 2 managed to get him down faster...

Then there was just the fight in the center...  I emptied every bullet I had into it..  Then I realized it was last part and started beating on his legs.  His leg I was beating on was right by the button lol.   

So horrible horrible loadout 2 other randoms...I didnt look at timer but it was probably 15-20+ mins. I had like 48% damage one of the others had 50+ and the last guy was pretty worthless leech.  

------------

I could have taken way better gear but it ended up being a super fun fight.  I love ending a fight with no bullets left.   My biggest complaint is that it feels like they broke ground slams...  You use to ground slam where you were aiming the cursor.  But several times during that mission I would aim at a spot to land and my guy would slam down way short of that and miss.   Wasnt because of the environment moving like at the end of the fight.  It just feels like they have restricted the angle you can slam down.   ( I think it might be related to them messing with K-drive shooting and aligning crosshairs??)

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Bullet Sponges Are a "Challenge" now ? 🤨

Enemies that live long enough to allow for mechanics to actually be employed in a game by said enemy and/or their allies are part of what makes a game more of a challenge. "Bullet sponge" is the go-to term too often encountered in various games when enemies don't die as soon as a player sneezes at them, regardless of how their durability ties in with the difficulty, the mechanics or where said enemy lies within the game. This seems especially true in Warframe.

I did not find the Ropalolyst to be overly tanky given what type of enemy it is in the game and given that I didn't go in with some poorly modded pea-shooter.

10 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Enemies that live long enough to allow for mechanics to actually be employed in a game by said enemy and/or their allies are part of what makes a game more of a challenge. "Bullet sponge" is the go-to term too often encountered in various games when enemies don't die as soon as a player sneezes at them, regardless of how their durability ties in with the difficulty, the mechanics or where said enemy lies within the game. This seems especially true in Warframe.

And if Damage Was Standardized you would have a point... But since these Fights are taking so long that it's triggering a mission count down time that Players didn't even know existed... I'm going to say this is one of those instances where "Bullet Sponge" applies in all its intended Fury.

Also let's take a Look at Ropalolysts Mechanics:

1) a Game Wide Nullifying Effect.

2) Metric F#_@ Tons Of Damage.

Yeah... You'll forgive me if I'm not down with that...

10 hours ago, Silligoose said:

I did not find the Ropalolyst to be overly tanky given what type of enemy it is in the game and given that I didn't go in with some poorly modded pea-shooter.

Good For You... Unfortunately I don't know what your Threshold is for Bullet Sponges so I don't know what to make of this Response... I mean there are some people who think the Dark Eater Midori fight in The Ring City DLC was an okay length.... Even though it drags on for Ages.

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

And if Damage Was Standardized you would have a point... But since these Fights are taking so long that it's triggering a mission count down time that Players didn't even know existed... I'm going to say this is one of those instances where "Bullet Sponge" applies in all its intended Fury.

Also let's take a Look at Ropalolysts Mechanics:

1) a Game Wide Nullifying Effect.

2) Metric F#_@ Tons Of Damage.

Yeah... You'll forgive me if I'm not down with that...

Players triggering the mission countdown are going in with inadequate equipment and/or didn't employ the correct tactics to a good enough degree. That being said, it would be a nice QoL change to take out that mission countdown.

I myself am not particularly fond of some of the mechanics, but just because we don't like some of the offensive abilities of the enemy doesn't mean it is simply a bullet sponge either. That's what some players do in Warframe though: Use the wrong equipment, or dislike the offensive mechanics of an enemy and instead of addressing those issues, they incorrectly label the enemy "bullet sponge". 

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Good For You... Unfortunately I don't know what your Threshold is for Bullet Sponges so I don't know what to make of this Response... I mean there are some people who think the Dark Eater Midori fight in The Ring City DLC was an okay length.... Even though it drags on for Ages.

What time duration are you referring to when you say it "drags on for Ages"? I wasn't familiar with the reference, so I looked up some videos. 4 min fight, 5 min fight, 7 min fight... Given the mechanics that the boss had in the videos I saw, I wouldn't call it a bullet sponge. Going through the comments it appeared many praised the fight as one of the best boss fights in the series.

2 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Players triggering the mission countdown are going in with inadequate equipment and/or didn't employ the correct tactics to a good enough degree. That being said, it would be a nice QoL change to take out that mission countdown.

Yeah even with an Unairu Wisp Empowers Meta Amp that thing can be pretty fricking annoying to Wear Down in the regular difficulty... I can only imagine what it's like with Steel Path Modifiers....since I gave up on it Half Way Through Jupiter.

To make matters worse It's also immune to all Armor Stripping Methods so really it's not the player's Fault... It was designed to be a Sponge...

I myself am not particularly fond of some of the mechanics, but just because we don't like some of the offensive abilities of the enemy doesn't mean it is simply a bullet sponge either. That's what some players do in Warframe though: Use the wrong equipment, or dislike the offensive mechanics of an enemy and instead of addressing those issues, they incorrectly label the enemy "bullet sponge". 

Yeah Tell that to The Eidolons or Profit Taker or the Fricking Wolf Of Saturn Six 😱 !!!

What time duration are you referring to when you say it "drags on for Ages"? I wasn't familiar with the reference, so I looked up some videos. 4 min fight, 5 min fight, 7 min fight... Given the mechanics that the boss had in the videos I saw, I wouldn't call it a bullet sponge. Going through the comments it appeared many praised the fight as one of the best boss fights in the series.

I never Timed It Myself... I just remember day dreaming wishing I was doing Something Else....

I think one of the reasons why it feels like it Drags on For Ages is because Dark Souls has rubbish repetitive Combat.... So 4 Minutes of Doing The Samething Over and Over again feels longer than 10 Minutes of a Well Paced and Varied Fight (Like The Sword Saint and Genichiro Bosses in Sekiro).... It's made worse by the fact that you literally fight the same way throughout the entire game so really it's 12 Hours of Doing The Same thing Over and Over again.... Which is made worse if you played the Previous Games so really it's 40 Hours Of The Same thing Over and Over Again ,😱 !!!

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah even with an Unairu Wisp Empowers Meta Amp that thing can be pretty fricking annoying to Wear Down in the regular difficulty... I can only imagine what it's like with Steel Path Modifiers....since I gave up on it Half Way Through Jupiter.

To make matters worse It's also immune to all Armor Stripping Methods so really it's not the player's Fault... It was designed to be a Sponge...

It is fine on SP. I actually went ahead and did the mission again (solo, SP) to remind myself of what it entailed before my previous reply. My Amp is pretty good, but not the best. I did not bother changing my Focus School. No Void Strike, No Unairu Wisp. They would've made it easier and faster for sure, as would an optimized Amp, but I didn't even need it. Again, there also was no countdown timer.

Edit: The phase following the shield being depleted where one can actually damage the Ropa was done very quickly. Around 10 - 20 seconds depending on my positioning and aim. 

Some enemies being immune to armor stripping or all status effects is something I personally am not fond of and I'm in favour of partial resistances to those mechanics of instead of complete immunity, but that's another discussion for another thread.

Yeah Tell that to The Eidolons or Profit Taker or the Fricking Wolf Of Saturn Six 😱 !!!

Neither the Eidolons, nor Profit Taker are really bullet sponges. Get paired with people who don't go into those fights under-equipped and you'll see how quickly these enemies die, even in pubs, Go into these missions with speedrunners who focus on min-max and optimal strategies and these enemies simply look like paper - with Eidolons they drain that shield and one-shot a node in only a few seconds and spend more time waiting for it to recover than actually fighting it. The Wolf I didn't encounter often as I was taking a break from the game at that time, mainly due to losing interest as there was no challenge.

I'm sure there are people who complained the Wolf was a bullet sponge when in reality they simply weren't geared even decently for him, just as there are people who think Grineer on Earth are bullet sponges, because their poorly modded magnetic weapon couldn't kill them quickly. It is an equipment and strategy issue, not a bullet sponge issue.

I never Timed It Myself... I just remember day dreaming wishing I was doing Something Else....

I think one of the reasons why it feels like it Drags on For Ages is because Dark Souls has rubbish repetitive Combat.... So 4 Minutes of Doing The Samething Over and Over again feels longer than 10 Minutes of a Well Paced and Varied Fight (Like The Sword Saint and Genichiro Bosses in Sekiro).... It's made worse by the fact that you literally fight the same way throughout the entire game so really it's 12 Hours of Doing The Same thing Over and Over again.... Which is made worse if you played the Previous Games so really it's 40 Hours Of The Same thing Over and Over Again ,😱 !!!

I saw some well-timed dodges, potion drinking for health and some specifically directed attacks.  It seemed fairly engaging, but lacking in offensive variety compared to Warframe. I don't know the intricacies of Dark Souls, so I can't speak to it. I probably missed some of it and have no idea how the equipment are set up in Dark Souls.

At the end of the day it seems that fight felt long to you because you didn't enjoy the core mechanics of the game and perhaps lack of variety in offensive options. It has nothing to do with whether or not that dragon is a bullet sponge. Durable? Yeah. Bullet sponge? No. 

It appears you are more the type of player to gravitate to one-shot playstyles. Shoot once ro twice, be done, move on. Other players, like me, gravitate to more expansive playstyles where I shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic (if needed) and continue on. It's perfectly fine if players enjoy the former, but the latter isn't filled with bullet sponges. Bullet sponges don't really require reactions, adaptations etc, so just because something isn't getting shot down in a second or two, doesn't necessarily mean it is a bullet sponge - it just means it is more durable and can open up opportunities for more expansive play.

Again, there also was no countdown timer

It's Hidden but it's there...

At the end of the day it seems that fight felt long to you because you didn't enjoy the core mechanics of the game and perhaps lack of variety in offensive options. It has nothing to do with whether or not that dragon is a bullet sponge. Durable? Yeah. Bullet sponge? No

It's a Chicken and Durable = Spongey... 

It appears you are more the type of player to gravitate to one-shot playstyles.

Ofcourse.... Who doesn't dream of being One Punch Man ? 😝

Shoot once ro twice, be done, move on. Other players, like me, gravitate to more expansive playstyles where I shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic (if needed) and continue on. It's perfectly fine if players enjoy the former, but the latter isn't filled with bullet sponges.

I enjoy the Latter two... Provided there's a reason to draw out the Fight That Long.... If not then let me one shot the bastard and be done with it... Every Boss in Warframe is The Latter.

Bullet sponges don't really require reactions, adaptations etc, so just because something isn't getting shot down in a second or two, doesn't necessarily mean it is a bullet sponge - it just means it is more durable and can open up opportunities for more expansive play.

Since Ropalolyst (or any boss in Warframe for that matter) doesn't do that... I guess that makes them Sponges even by your Criteria... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It's Hidden but it's there...

I meant there was no warning for me. That should've been clear within the context of the conversation.

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Ofcourse.... Who doesn't dream of being One Punch Man ? 😝

Ironically, One Punch Man himself (great show btw): First scene of the first episode it is already shown he has grown tired of his OP strength and is in search of a proper fight, a challenge, where the enemy can take more than one hit... A lot of players probably dream of getting to that strength in a game, but once they do, many realize, just like Saitama, it is actually quite boring when no challenge is on the horizon.

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I enjoy the Latter two... Provided there's a reason to draw out the Fight That Long.... If not then let me one shot the bastard and be done with it... Every Boss in Warframe is The Latter.

I'm surprised to read this looking at your responses thus far - it simply doesn't follow, especially given this reply from you:

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Since Ropalolyst (or any boss in Warframe for that matter) doesn't do that... I guess that makes them Sponges even by your Criteria... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course they do. Liches, Ropa, Profit Taker, Eidolons... they these fights do. All these fights have mechanics and/or abilities that change throughout the fight that requires reaction and/or adaptation from the player, provided they live long enough for those mechanics to be at play. What are you talking about? Yeah no Tenno it seems you gravitate far more to the one-shot thing than the more expansive playstyle if you don't know this. 

On 2021-09-22 at 12:13 AM, Silligoose said:

I meant there was no warning for me. That should've been clear within the context of the conversation.

Good For You... But its still there...

Ironically, One Punch Man himself (great show btw): First scene of the first episode it is already shown he has grown tired of his OP strength and is in search of a proper fight, a challenge, where the enemy can take more than one hit... A lot of players probably dream of getting to that strength in a game, but once they do, many realize, just like Saitama, it is actually quite boring when no challenge is on the horizon.

Exactly... The show starts after he's already used his Gimmick a billion times... we aren't there yet...😝

Of course they do. Liches, Ropa, Profit Taker, Eidolons... they these fights do.

Liches just shoot at you and Teleport.... Also Adds

Ropalolyst just Nullify You and Shoot Lazers... Also Adds.

Profit Taker just Shoots at you and Occasionally Nullifies you... Also Adds.

Eidolons Blanket The Entire Area with Large Scale AoE Damage... The only difference between the three Eidolons is the Coverage if the AoE with Harry having an Instant Kill Explosion thats 3 Times The Size Loki's Max Range Disarm Radius (around 45 Enters).... Also... ADDS...

Exploiter Orb.... Literally Ignore the Bosses and Focus on the Adds because they drop the one and only thing that Overheats the B@_#+ .... It's "Adds: The Game" basically.

Seriously they're all the same... And I'm not just saying that because I face roll everything with Inaros... The experience literally doesn't change when I use my mains, Booben and Ivara... Assuming they are even Practical in those fights.

Yeah no Tenno it seems you gravitate far more to the one-shot thing than the more expansive playstyle if you don't know this. 

Ofcourse I do.... LoL... You make it sound like a bad thing... Unlike you, I like to atleast pretend I have a Life so I don't want to be stuck There dealing with Bullet Sponges all day...

It's not even a fun style... But hey... Atleast it's Short ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Archived