Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Ropalolyst might be the worst thing in the game. Half the reason is because you abandon content with all the bugs intact.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

24 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Exactly... The show starts after he's already used his Gimmick a billion times... we aren't there yet...😝

Then you are not at end-game. Enjoy the journey.

25 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Liches just shoot at you and Teleport.... Also Adds

Ropalolyst just Nullify You and Shoot Lazers... Also Adds.

Profit Taker just Shoots at you and Occasionally Nullifies you... Also Adds.

Eidolons Blanket The Entire Area with Large Scale AoE Damage... The only difference between the three Eidolons is the Coverage if the AoE with Harry having an Instant Kill Explosion thats 3 Times The Size Loki's Max Range Disarm Radius (around 45 Enters).... Also... ADDS...

Exploiter Orb.... Literally Ignore the Bosses and Focus on the Adds because they drop the one and only thing that Overheats the B@_#+ .... It's "Adds: The Game" basically.

Seriously they're all the same... And I'm not just saying that because I face roll everything with Inaros... The experience literally doesn't change when I use my mains, Booben and Ivara... Assuming they are even Practical in those fights.

Each Lich has 3 unique abilities (depending on progenitor) and 4 abilities they all share. Some of those abilities, such as the Lich equivalent of Iron Skin, has effectiveness directly tied to what the player does. So, Tenno, shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Ropa Nullifies depending on player actions, specifically when either the Warframe or Operator uses movement-type abilties. It isn't some random attack that just happens. The success of Grab depends on the player's positioning. They are reinforced by ground forces that may force you to reeposition. So Tenno, shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Profit taker becomes immune to different types of attack damage and has different phases within the fight. It is also reinforced by Corpus, that bring their own strengths and weaknesses. Shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on

Eidolons have many different types of abilities and attacks, some more easily telegraphed than others. Some do damage, some debuff Warframes, some can serve as healing. There is counterplay to these various abilities. So Tenno, shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Profit taker becomes immune to different types of attack damage. It is also reinforced by Corpus, that bring their own strengths and weaknesses. Shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Are you starting to see a pattern? I hope so.
All the same? No they aren't.
Merely bullet sponges that just shoot and nullify or teleport, with no expansive gameplay mechanics? Most certainly not.

They have varied abilities, attacks and patterns allowing for counterplay, allowing for expansive gameplay in which players shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on. I feel bad for any player that actually does enjoy expansive combat and misses out on these mechanics, because they got carried through the battle the first time, or unintentionally went in overpowered due to power creep, or because some uninformed Tenno advised players "they are only bullet sponges that shoot lasers and nullify".

Anyone who thinks these are examples of bullet sponges have no idea what they are talking about and all they do is slap the "bullet sponge" label onto anything that doesn't die in a few seconds, regardless of mechanics. Players like that aren't to be taken seriously when discussing game mechanics.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Ofcourse I do.... LoL... You make it sound like a bad thing... Unlike you, I like to atleast pretend I have a Life so I don't want to be stuck There dealing with Bullet Sponges all day...

It's not even a fun style... But hey... Atleast it's Short ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You prefer checkers, I prefer chess. What you are doing is pointing at chess pieces and saying "Oh that's just a bigger checkers piece" simply because you are uninformed regarding the mechanics behind the chess pieces and their function within the game. Not saying you are stupid, just uninformed. It would, however, be stupid to continue pointing at the chess piece and calling it a"bigger checkers piece" after being informed on the mechanics that chess piece serves.

Everyone has their preferences. If you took your preference as a bad thing, well.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

On 2021-09-20 at 8:04 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

On the first bug zapper I think someone jumped on him after we got his shields down but the next thing I knew the Ropa was back to 100% with shields and there was nobody on him.   Dont know what happened there.

The "Melee" key serves as a a "dismount" command if you're riding the Ropalolyst, just as it does with K-Drives and Archwings. Dismounting the Ropalolyst will instantly replenish all its Shields.

On 2021-09-20 at 8:04 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But when it came time for the bug zapper...  Klamora is pretty short range, Ropa has to be close to hit it. 

Yup. In solo with a sort-range Amp it's better to take the Shields down while the Ropy's still hovering over the middle platform... but in pub squads someone always goes straight to the tightropes and whisks the Ropy away to the Capacitors. Oh well.

The only downside to taking its Shields down on the main platform is you have to be careful doing the tightropes -- if you need to jump over an electrical hazard when you're close to the Capacitor platform, hitting the "use" key to re-mount the tightrope might cause you to unintentionally mount the Ropalolyst. Since you need to dismount it again to charge the bug-zapper, you're back to taking down its full Shields all over again. A mild inconvenience on the Star Chart, but making that mistake in Steel Path introduced me to the hidden timer of doom. 🤪

I did the Steel Path Ropy with Fulmin, plus Paracesis for the Sentients and some Secondary dakka to rub out the Amalgam adds -- not optimal, but satisfyingly impactful... and I did it a bunch of times using the Amps you wouldn't take on a Eidolon hunt. These were not satisfyingly impactful, but provided I didn't waste time (e.g. by running under the Ropalolyst causing it to grab me) it was doable even with lower-powered Amps. 

I did 18 runs of the Star Chart Ropalolyst in the last week (solo farming a Wisp to feed to my Helminth), and the only thing I encountered which looked like a bug was one time as I triggered the final big shot, I saw the Ropy's Health bar had flipped back to full. But the Terren Charger killed it anyway.

5 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Then you are not at end-game. Enjoy the journey

What ? 😲 I'm totally End Game... My Shawzin Skills are off the Chain !!!

Each Lich has 3 unique abilities (depending on progenitor) and 4 abilities they all share. Some of those abilities, such as the Lich equivalent of Iron Skin, has effectiveness directly tied to what the player does. So, Tenno, shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Huh ?

If the lich uses Iron Skin then you just keep shooting... I mean... What counter is there ? Nothing... So it genuinely doesn't change anything... it's literally just Shoot Shoot Shoot... Heal then Shoot Shoot Shoot...

Ropa Nullifies depending on player actions, specifically when either the Warframe or Operator uses movement-type abilties. It isn't some random attack that just happens. The success of Grab depends on the player's positioning. They are reinforced by ground forces that may force you to reeposition. So Tenno, shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Seems pretty Damn Random to me.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Profit taker becomes immune to different types of attack damage and has different phases within the fight. It is also reinforced by Corpus, that bring their own strengths and weaknesses. Shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on

So basically... Shoot Profit Taker... Then Shoot Adds... Yep pretty Straight Forward....

Eidolons have many different types of abilities and attacks, some more easily telegraphed than others. Some do damage, some debuff Warframes, some can serve as healing. There is counterplay to these various abilities. So Tenno, shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Counter Play ? You literally can't do anything to any of them... Depending on your Role you can just Avoid All Of Them in Void Mode or Destroy a Limb before it has a chance to activate any of its Abilities... 

Are you starting to see a pattern? I hope so.
All the same? No they aren't.
Merely bullet sponges that just shoot and nullify or teleport, with no expansive gameplay mechanics? Most certainly not.

They are... But hey if you enjoy the way they are now then don't mind us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They have varied abilities, attacks and patterns allowing for counterplay, allowing for expansive gameplay in which players shoot, react, adapt, form a new tactic and continue on.

Me thinks you don't know what that word Actually means 🤔...

I feel bad for any player that actually does enjoy expansive combat and misses out on these mechanics, because they got carried through the battle the first time, or unintentionally went in overpowered due to power creep, or because some uninformed Tenno advised players "they are only bullet sponges that shoot lasers and nullify".

Oh don't worry about them... I'm sure they are coping just fine 👍...

Anyone who thinks these are examples of bullet sponges have no idea what they are talking about and all they do is slap the "bullet sponge" label onto anything that doesn't die in a few seconds, regardless of mechanics. Players like that aren't to be taken seriously when discussing game mechanics.

Except that they are examples of Bullet Sponges.... They are the only Reason Chroma hasn't been thrown in the Dumpster yet...

You prefer checkers, I prefer chess.

I prefer neither... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What you are doing is pointing at chess pieces and saying "Oh that's just a bigger checkers piece" simply because you are uninformed regarding the mechanics behind the chess pieces and their function within the game.

Well if I can do the content just fine despite being Uninformed... That should clue you in on just how Brain Dead this content is 😱 !!!

Not saying you are stupid, just uninformed. It would, however, be stupid to continue pointing at the chess piece and calling it a"bigger checkers piece" after being informed on the mechanics that chess piece serves.

But they are merely just larger Checkers Pieces... Glorified Nullifiers with Invulnerability Phases and So many Adds 😱 !!!

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What ? 😲 I'm totally End Game... My Shawzin Skills are off the Chain !!!

Huh ?

If the lich uses Iron Skin then you just keep shooting... I mean... What counter is there ? Nothing... So it genuinely doesn't change anything... it's literally just Shoot Shoot Shoot... Heal then Shoot Shoot Shoot...

Seems pretty Damn Random to me.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

So basically... Shoot Profit Taker... Then Shoot Adds... Yep pretty Straight Forward....

Counter Play ? You literally can't do anything to any of them... Depending on your Role you can just Avoid All Of Them in Void Mode or Destroy a Limb before it has a chance to activate any of its Abilities... 

They are... But hey if you enjoy the way they are now then don't mind us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me thinks you don't know what that word Actually means 🤔...

Oh don't worry about them... I'm sure they are coping just fine 👍...

Except that they are examples of Bullet Sponges.... They are the only Reason Chroma hasn't been thrown in the Dumpster yet...

I prefer neither... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well if I can do the content just fine despite being Uninformed... That should clue you in on just how Brain Dead this content is 😱 !!!

But they are merely just larger Checkers Pieces... Glorified Nullifiers with Invulnerability Phases and So many Adds 😱 !!!

LMAO if the Lich uses its "Iron Skin ability", you have to STOP shooting for a few seconds, or you'll just make it more tanky. You just advocated the worst possible action to take hahahaha.

Ropa's nullifying ability only activates when you, the player, uses specific abilities. That's the opposite of random XD

I read through the rest of the post, but it doesn't add anything of value and mostly avoids actual rebuttals. The few rebuttals you do attempt, eg regarding Iron Skin, Ropa's nullifying  even PT, just continues the trend you are on within this thread,  in which you demonstrate your lack of understanding of game mechanics in Warframe and games in general, as well as your absolute unwillingness to improve that understanding.

Enjoy the game.

12 hours ago, Silligoose said:

LMAO if the Lich uses its "Iron Skin ability", you have to STOP shooting for a few seconds, or you'll just make it more tanky. You just advocated the worst possible action to take hahahaha.

I never Stopped... 😈 I shoot until it stops moving...

Ropa's nullifying ability only activates when you, the player, uses specific abilities. That's the opposite of random XD

Since the game doesn't say which abilities are effected... It's basically Random...

I read through the rest of the post, but it doesn't add anything of value and mostly avoids actual rebuttals. The few rebuttals you do attempt, eg regarding Iron Skin, Ropa's nullifying  even PT, just continues the trend you are on within this thread,  in which you demonstrate your lack of understanding of game mechanics in Warframe and games in general, as well as your absolute unwillingness to improve that understanding.

That's exactly my point...I was able to Farm in all that content despite my lack of understanding in that Content... That just proves the Bullet Sponge aspect is obviously the most prominent aspect in those Bosses Designs... 😱

13 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Enjoy the game.

Can't... I don't have it installed... 😱 !

I never Stopped... 😈 I shoot until it stops moving...

It remains the worst possible action you could've taken. 

Since the game doesn't say which abilities are effected... It's basically Random...

Its initiation is determined by player actions. Whether or not you are aware of what those actions are, has no bearing on whether it is random or not. The fact that you now know  which actions causes the reaction and still insist it is random, makes you a fool.

That's exactly my point...I was able to Farm in all that content despite my lack of understanding in that Content... That just proves the Bullet Sponge aspect is obviously the most prominent aspect in those Bosses Designs... 😱

All it shows is power creep has been allowed to advance too such a degree that many of the mechanics incorporated within boss design don't come into play, as there isn't time for it to come into play. 

16 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

It remains the worst possible action you could've taken. 

Space Mom would Disagree...

17 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Its initiation is determined by player actions. Whether or not you are aware of what those actions are, has no bearing on whether it is random or not. The fact that you now know  which actions causes the reaction and still insist it is random, makes you a fool.

All good in theory unless it Nullifies you play in a group... The game could be punishing you for something someone else is doing this starting you off on the Wrong foot...

Also I'm not a fan of the Trial & Error Approach...

19 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

All it shows is power creep has been allowed to advance too such a degree that many of the mechanics incorporated within boss design don't come into play, as there isn't time for it to come into play

And so you want to make these Bosses even Spongey-er ? 😱

24 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Space Mom would Disagree..

Cute deflection.

25 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

All good in theory unless it Nullifies you play in a group... The game could be punishing you for something someone else is doing this starting you off on the Wrong foot...

Also I'm not a fan of the Trial & Error Approach...

Teams tend to do better when the individuals within act as a cohesive unit. The better each individual within the performs, the better the team tends to perform overall. The more mistakes individuals within the team makes, the more punishment the team as a whole tends to incur, the worse their overall performance tends to be. That is the nature of teamplay. This is seen in realms regarding sports, video games and even businesses.

To each their own regarding preferences in game mechanic approaches. You may prefer being coddled and being told how to do everything, others prefer being more independent, experimenting and figuring out how to do things themselves.

27 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

And so you want to make these Bosses even Spongey-er ? 😱

I prefer balance allowing for those mechanics to come into play, yes.

15 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Cute deflection.

Cute ? It was down right Adorable !!!

16 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Teams tend to do better when the individuals within act as a cohesive unit.

And that's a reasonable thing to expect among a group of Strangers doing something for the first time 🤔 ?

18 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

You may prefer being coddled and being told how to do everything,

Jeez... Was that really Necessary 😲 ?

18 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

others prefer being more independent, experimenting and figuring out how to do things themselves.

Nah... Others just prefer to get boring things over and done with... Why Pro Long the Suffering ?

50 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

And that's a reasonable thing to expect among a group of Strangers doing something for the first time 🤔 ?

I believe such mechanics are reasonable not only in Warframe, but in co-op PvE games in general I personally enjoy these mechanics being in such games. I actually prefer enemies having attacks initiated by player actions, as opposed to all enemy attacks being pseudo-random. Obviously some others may not share this sentiment.

52 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Jeez... Was that really Necessary 😲 ?

That is the impression I'm getting from you, based you not being a fan of "trial and error mechanics" and your dismissal of enemy attacks being initiated by player actions, without players being told by the game this is what is happening and why.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Nah... Others just prefer to get boring things over and done with... Why Pro Long the Suffering ?

Others may indeed. Different players value differ mechanics in games. What one player sees as boring, or a chore, others may not. You and I are examples of that. I feel our discussion has reached a conclusion.

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

That is the impression I'm getting from you, based you not being a fan of "trial and error mechanics" and your dismissal of enemy attacks being initiated by player actions, without players being told by the game this is what is happening and why.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That sounds alot better...

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

Others may indeed. Different players value differ mechanics in games. What one player sees as boring, or a chore, others may not. You and I are examples of that. I feel our discussion has reached a conclusion.

I suppose... It's the Most Space Mom could hope for...

Trying it today 3 times, sitting cloaked with madurai to hit that sweet x12 dmg on my next 8 shots, adding eclispe 350% damage, with rubico prime & crit riven only for it to bug and regen full life at last phase.

It outregen my dps that can 1shot Triloyst nicely.

Well I guess I can't do this mission on steel path...

Archived